PDA

View Full Version : Mogga

JCHibby
12-06-2014, 02:49 PM
Could he re-produce with Caldwell and Handling as the front two?? With the other young 20s coming through the ranks, looks like a similar opportunity.

Would love that feel good factor again

GGTTH07
12-06-2014, 02:56 PM
Caldwell and Cummings maybe. Handling is rank IMO.

MWHIBBIES
12-06-2014, 02:58 PM
Caldwell and Cummings maybe. Handling is rank IMO.Caldwell is the rank one with a poor attitude. Handling is a decent young player who struggled in a poor side.

smurf
12-06-2014, 03:02 PM
No. He disrespected the club on his return.

ArmadaleHibs
12-06-2014, 03:13 PM
This would be my choice. It was the last time I enjoyed everything about hibs

AlbertK86
12-06-2014, 03:22 PM
Could he re-produce with Caldwell and Handling as the front two?? With the other young 20s coming through the ranks, looks like a similar opportunity. Would love that feel good factor again

Cummings and Cody Mulhall as don't think Caldwell or Handling are good enough

NW
12-06-2014, 03:23 PM
A silk purse out of a sow's ear imho

Weststandwanab
12-06-2014, 03:23 PM

I agree.

Barman Stanton
12-06-2014, 03:26 PM
Would have him back in a second. Couldn't care less about some stupid huddle if he has Hibs playing like we did before. Also goalkeepers excepted, he had a great record of finding decent unknown players to play beside our own young players.

lucky
12-06-2014, 03:33 PM
Not for me. He's failed at both clubs since he left Hibs. His pathetic attempt at huddle on the pitch after his first game back at ER was an insult to Hibs

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-06-2014, 03:42 PM
Not for me either, our failure to beat them in the SF was enough for me to see he had taken us as far as he could, and I think if he did come back he'd be off like a shot back down south if the right offer came in.

Crossgates Hibs
12-06-2014, 03:44 PM
Not for me. He's failed at both clubs since he left Hibs. His pathetic attempt at huddle on the pitch after his first game back at ER was an insult to Hibs

to me he is the perfect fit for Hibs and this time round he would have his training ground which was what he wanted us to have rather than spending on players. He has the best win percentage in recent years and produced some great to watch football whilst here. Couldn't give a flying about his huddle he was the only manager whom had a style of play and had us all attending Easter Road to watch his team who cost next to nothing. :flag::flag:

Twa Cairpets
12-06-2014, 03:44 PM

No, it wasnt.
It was a manager working for someone else trying to get an edge for his team.

happiehibbie
12-06-2014, 03:45 PM
ha ha ha this has to be the funniest thread i have read in a while

Handling I would not even open the curtains if he was in my garden

Caldwell jury is out

Devilstorment
12-06-2014, 03:50 PM
No, it wasnt.
It was a manager working for someone else trying to get an edge for his team.

spot on, just cause we are hibs fans doesn't mean everyone who has ever had a connection with the club is

DarlingtonHibee
12-06-2014, 04:03 PM

WTF ? :confused:

erin go bragh
12-06-2014, 04:18 PM
WTF ? :confused:

His huddle with Celtic players after they had beat us at ER .
It was pretty disrespectful imho .but if he had us playing the same style of football as the last time , i could forgive him .
Boozy , Murphy , Jones and Shiels were no too shabby signings either .

Ggtth

DarlingtonHibee
12-06-2014, 04:22 PM
His huddle with Celtic players after they had beat us at ER .
It was pretty disrespectful imho .but if he had us playing the same style of football as the last time , i could forgive him .
Boozy , Murphy , Jones and Shiels were no too shabby signings either .

Ggtth

Sorry - I thought the post was referring to the young lad, not Garry.

Jones28
12-06-2014, 04:25 PM
Bear in mind that when TM came in our young lads were already pretty accomplished first team players.

cam2644
12-06-2014, 04:31 PM
Don't accept the "disrespect" thing. We could do a lot worse than try him again

Bishop Hibee
12-06-2014, 04:37 PM
Best manager we've ever had for bringing in quality signings. I'd prefer him back than Collins whose signings were poor.

rcarter1
12-06-2014, 04:46 PM
TM's record overall would suggest that he is not the complete manager, but was the best fit for Hibs we've had for a very long time. Anyone looking to get the ball on the deck, and instill confidence in youngsters is getting the basics right for me.
For next season however he will have to shift from "win more than we lose", to "win a lot more than we lose".

Dave-O
12-06-2014, 04:47 PM
I wouldn't be unhappy if he did come back, but the last time we had arguably the best set of youngsters seen certainly in Scotland for a long time and they reveled in his leadership, it was the best free flowing carefree fitbaw I've seen played at ER, but my main worry would be if we were doing well some team down south might think of taking another punt on him, I seem to remember him saying something along the lines " I'll not be a career manager in Scotland". Does Mark Venus still have a house up here, sure I read somewhere his kids still go to school here.

West hamBERNIAN
12-06-2014, 05:16 PM
I'd be delighted, absolutely delighted. You know what you'd get with Mowbray. He sets teams out to play football. He's brilliant with young players( if we are to have any success we need youth coming through) he's got an eye for a bargain also. He probably wouldn't have the same success but I'd have a lot more confidence in Mogga getting us going than anybody else I've seen linked with us.
Also ppl writing him off due to failures elsewhere yet saying Eck would do a job, he has had more than his share of failures. Only had success when he can outspend everybody else( Scotland aside)

3pm
12-06-2014, 05:18 PM
Are Caldwell and Handling still Hibs players?!

West hamBERNIAN
12-06-2014, 05:22 PM
Aye, so far

SquashedFrogg
12-06-2014, 05:25 PM
Caldwell is the rank one with a poor attitude. Handling is a decent young player who struggled in a poor side.

To be fair to Caldwell. After hearing how Butcher went about things maybe I can understand why he had that attitude.

Dunno but we spent a bit of time and effort developing the boy, would like to see him maybe given a second chance.

Likewise Booth

wheniwas5
12-06-2014, 05:27 PM
hibs will be the biggest team handling plays for..

SquashedFrogg
12-06-2014, 05:32 PM
Caldwell is the rank one with a poor attitude. Handling is a decent young player who struggled in a poor side.

To be fair to Caldwell. After hearing how Butcher went about things maybe I can understand why he had that attitude.

Dunno but we spent a bit of time and effort developing the boy, would like to see him maybe given a second chance.

Likewise Booth

West hamBERNIAN
12-06-2014, 05:33 PM

Tbh when Steven fletcher first came through and was playing on the left I didn't think he was very good. Turns out I was wrong. Not saying handling will be the next fletch but he might yet suprise you.

snooky
12-06-2014, 05:54 PM
Getting mugga back will be like winning a free trip on the Titanic.
Both give me that sinking feeling.

West hamBERNIAN
12-06-2014, 05:56 PM

Did you have a favourite?

HKhibby
12-06-2014, 06:04 PM
Don't accept the "disrespect" thing. We could do a lot worse than try him again

Bring him in, since he left we have been nothing...sorry we wont the league cup under Collins, but that was TM's side!, please not Collins, personally cannot stand the man, he loves himself too much and is not a good man manager.

Crossgates Hibs
12-06-2014, 06:32 PM

I remember people laughing when tony Mobray talked up Gary Oconner. Point is he gets the best out of youth and reading Deeks article the players loved training and TM dropped him quite a lot and criticised his work rate. I would love him back and if he is snapped up again it means we done well

AlbertK86
12-06-2014, 07:19 PM
Bring him in, since he left we have been nothing...sorry we wont the league cup under Collins, but that was TM's side!, please not Collins, personally cannot stand the man, he loves himself too much and is not a good man manager.

Maybe you better send another email to Leeann then .... Sure she will have time to respond to you this time

iwasthere1972
12-06-2014, 07:23 PM

Well at least you would have probably seen us winning the Scottish Cup a few years before.

The_Horde
13-06-2014, 12:32 PM
The last manager everyone liked was Mowbray. Fans, players and coaches. He had the whole team playing for each other and everyone was comfortable in posession. I wouldn't be displeased if he got it.

overdrive
13-06-2014, 12:36 PM
I wouldn't be unhappy if he did come back, but the last time we had arguably the best set of youngsters seen certainly in Scotland for a long time and they reveled in his leadership, it was the best free flowing carefree fitbaw I've seen played at ER, but my main worry would be if we were doing well some team down south might think of taking another punt on him, I seem to remember him saying something along the lines " I'll not be a career manager in Scotland". Does Mark Venus still have a house up here, sure I read somewhere his kids still go to school here.

As I've said in other threads, Venus would be my no.1 target for the manager's position If I was Dempster (which I'm not).

matty_f
13-06-2014, 12:44 PM
I would definitely have Mowbray back, I can't really see the logic in not wanting him. Although he took over a promising group of young players, that's all they were - promising. Mowbray signed well and brought those players on and made a helluva lot of money for Hibs in the process, as well as giving us some great entertainment along the way.

He had his share of bad results as well, especially against the Yams, but overall he was a huge success at Hibs, and I don't see why he couldn't bring that style of football back to Easter Road a second time.

Dave-O
13-06-2014, 01:08 PM
As I've said in other threads, Venus would be my no.1 target for the manager's position If I was Dempster (which I'm not).

Wouldn't be unhappy if he where to get the job mate, I kind of got the impression at the time they left Mark knew it was too soon and should have given it another year at least.

Finbar
13-06-2014, 01:28 PM
I would love Mowbray to come back, or Collins for that matter. Whoever it is, I just want to watch decent football again, I want to enjoy going to Easter road maybe even get a wee bit excited about it!

jacomo
13-06-2014, 01:32 PM

Know him well aye?

LordBamba
13-06-2014, 01:34 PM
Think we need a reality check. We are a championship side now and if we got Mowbray that imo would be a huge appointment.

Galahibby
13-06-2014, 03:44 PM

Kevin Thomson disrespected the club before he even left, let alone after he did go. Judging by the reception he got when he came on against Accies tho, it's obviously possible for us to forgive and forget?

And just a thought, but there's been lots of talk of players and managers who are just 'the right fit' for a club. Maybe that's the case with Mowbray and us?

tamig
13-06-2014, 04:51 PM
Could he re-produce with Caldwell and Handling as the front two?? With the other young 20s coming through the ranks, looks like a similar opportunity.

Would love that feel good factor again

Are you serious? Caldwell and Handling couldn't lace DR and GOCs boots when these guys were in their pomp in the Mowbray era. The young guys coming through in Mowbray's time were a once in a generation crop. They weren't good players - they were exceptional talents.

snooky
13-06-2014, 05:46 PM
Think we need a reality check. We are a championship side now and if we got Mowbray that imo would be a huge appointment.

We are a championship side now and if we got Mowbray that imo would be a huge disappointment.

(As you see I agree with most of what you said :wink:)

Flanny boy
13-06-2014, 06:23 PM
Are you serious? Caldwell and Handling couldn't lace DR and GOCs boots when these guys were in their pomp in the Mowbray era. The young guys coming through in Mowbray's time were a once in a generation crop. They weren't good players - they were exceptional talents.
:top marks:agree::top marks

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-06-2014, 06:32 PM
As well as a proper football style, Mowbray must have had some really good contacts in the game to bring us the players that he did. As much as I think we have talent amongst our younger players, we are going to have to bring in players. Which ever candidate we pick, has to demonstrate that.

Scottie
13-06-2014, 06:36 PM
Yes they were but unfortunately look how they ended up :rolleyes:

CropleyWasGod
13-06-2014, 06:52 PM
Yes they were but unfortunately look how they ended up :rolleyes:

Yup. EPL, Championship, FA Cup medals, Champions League. :greengrin

Betty Boop
13-06-2014, 07:13 PM

I said that as well you know ? :greengrin

tamig
13-06-2014, 07:52 PM
As well as a proper football style, Mowbray must have had some really good contacts in the game to bring us the players that he did. As much as I think we have talent amongst our younger players, we are going to have to bring in players. Which ever candidate we pick, has to demonstrate that.
He blended and balanced the team perfectly. Boozy to me was his finest signing but picking up the likes of Murphy, Shiels and even guys like Sam Morrow and Antonio Murray showed he did have a great eye for a player. He couldn't pick a decent keeper though unfortunately :-)