PDA

View Full Version : we dont have time

cloudy
12-06-2014, 01:51 PM
LD has said she will take her time in getting the best man for the job, but how much time do we have? We need to sign new players the new boss will need time to work with the new squad, as much as I agree we shouldn't rush into hiring the new gaffer but how much time have we got

nribs
12-06-2014, 01:54 PM
As long as it takes I'm afraid. We could be training with any man in sometime soon.

Turkish Green
12-06-2014, 02:04 PM
It will take as long as it takes. 1st Manager then players.

According to the SPFL:
Start dates
• Weekend of 26 July - First Round of the Scottish Challenge Cup
• Weekend of ‎2 August - First Round of the Scottish League Cup
• Weekend of 9 August - SPFL League season starts across all four divisions

So LD has basically a week until training restarts and then 5 weeks before the first game. Tight very tight.

Jones28
12-06-2014, 02:07 PM
I would say a new manager will have around 4 weeks.

If we don't have one in place in the next few days I'll start to worry.

greenpaper55
12-06-2014, 02:08 PM
Better to wait for the right man, Rod can take training as he thinks he knows everything about football !.

lord bunberry
12-06-2014, 02:11 PM
The decision on who was going to be replacing Butcher should have been almost made before he was sacked. The only reason for any delay should be if our 1st choice knocks us back or were negotiating with another club.

PeterboroHibee
12-06-2014, 02:14 PM
We do have to make sure we get the right person, so as others have said it will take as long as it takes. In saying that I agree with the sentiments of the original poster, it should have been a decision that was made weeks ago. Not only are we weeks behind our rivals as it is, we are still having to look for a new manager who will have to assess those players that are left as well as bringing in a whole host of players.

AlbertK86
12-06-2014, 02:20 PM
Better to wait for the right man, Rod can take training as he thinks he knows everything about football !.

Lovin it !!!!!

Weststandwanab
12-06-2014, 02:21 PM

Not sure we can afford Rod Stewart !

SlickShoes
12-06-2014, 02:22 PM

According to the SPFL:
Start dates

So LD has basically a week until training restarts and then 5 weeks before the first game. Tight very tight.

I wouldn't be too fussed getting punted out of both of those cups to be honest, I know we should do everything we can to win whatever we can but this years focus has to be on promotion and a solid league performance with whatever players we have so if we have to chuck out a makeshift team for two weeks while we are still bringing folk in the so be it.

Puddocky
12-06-2014, 02:28 PM

According to the SPFL:
Start dates

Don't we get a bye in the 1st rounds of those two cups?

truehibernian
12-06-2014, 02:28 PM
Black, Baptie, Booth and Smith will be in the first team squad this year - no doubt about it. That is four 'new signings' - all good players and will be very decent additions.

Good things expected of Cody Mulhall......I like Max Todd too.

Goalkeeper situation worries me though, we need two very good keepers.

I'm confident that with a few creative additions to the midfield area, Caldwell and Handling will make excellent strikers in the Championship - DH is not a '10' or a midfielder, or a wide player - he's a striker. Needs to work harder, bulk up a little- this is his last summer to get things bang on at Hibs. RC is another who, with the right coach and the right mental coaching, can do the team a turn.

The spine of the team is what needs urgent attention - solid keeper, leader at the back (centrally), dominant centre mid who takes the ball and starts play, creative right and left and a 'hard man'.

A striker with impact pace and a striker with good height and build.

There is plenty time to get players in, in my opinion.

Scorrie
12-06-2014, 02:39 PM
Do we have any idea yet of pre season friendlies? Noticed today that East Fife and Motherwell have games lined up against Fulham in early July. Just wondered if anyone had heard any possible opponents, dates etc as we may be playing in a couple of weeks

Ozyhibby
12-06-2014, 02:40 PM
Black, Baptie, Booth and Smith will be in the first team squad this year - no doubt about it. That is four 'new signings' - all good players and will be very decent additions.

I'm confident that with a few creative additions to the midfield area, Caldwell and Handling will make excellent strikers in the Championship - DH is not a '10' or a midfielder, or a wide player - he's a striker. Needs to work harder, bulk up a little- this is his last summer to get things bang on at Hibs. RC is another who, with the right coach and the right mental coaching, can do the team a turn.

The spine of the team is what needs urgent attention - solid keeper, leader at the back (centrally), dominant centre mid who takes the ball and starts play, creative right and left and a 'hard man'.

We need to start winning games ASAP. I don't care what comp they are in, we need to break this losing habit. Two early defeats will be terrible for moral around the club and kill season ticket sales.

Greenworld
12-06-2014, 02:49 PM
You wont hear of fixtures until we get a manager whick I would surprised if takes any longer than monday - tuesday to announce

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

southsider
12-06-2014, 02:50 PM
The decision on who was going to be replacing Butcher should have been almost made before he was sacked. The only reason for any delay should be if our 1st choice knocks us back or were negotiating with another club.
Inho i think the talks on Butchers' future started after the Hamilton fiasco. A new man will be in place within the next 10 days and Ms Dempster has already offered some of the younger squad improved contracts. Good on her.

truehibernian
12-06-2014, 02:55 PM
We need to start winning games ASAP. I don't care what comp they are in, we need to break this losing habit. Two early defeats will be terrible for moral around the club and kill season ticket sales.

Clearly I want a winning start Ozy, but Mowbray's era didn't get off to a flyer - I think we need to build an attacking side, this year however I predict good football but inconsistency - there is an absolute desire to get a coach in who wants entertaining, fast football. That might mean plundering the youth football market (U20's down south, reserve football from England) - that will bring highs and lows.

The spine of the side is crucial, with a strong centre half, midfielder and keeper - all 'shouters' and organisers and ones who others around listen to for the whole game. You build around that.

lord bunberry
12-06-2014, 02:56 PM
I wouldn't be too fussed getting punted out of both of those cups to be honest, I know we should do everything we can to win whatever we can but this years focus has to be on promotion and a solid league performance with whatever players we have so if we have to chuck out a makeshift team for two weeks while we are still bringing folk in the so be it.

The problem with that is that if we lose our first 2 games it will increase the pressure, and that's something we could do without. Remember the pressure that was on mixu when we went through a bad pre season.

Keith_M
12-06-2014, 03:02 PM

According to the SPFL:
Start dates

I'd be happy enough to send the U20s out for the Ramsdens Cup.

That would mean we need the basis of a new team by 2nd of August. But we can still sign players for another 4 weeks after that.

I'm glad Dempster doesn't appear to have the same panic as the OP. I'd hate for her to get a new manager in who wasn't suitable, just because she couldn't/wouldn't wait an extra week or so.

SlickShoes
12-06-2014, 03:12 PM
The problem with that is that if we lose our first 2 games it will increase the pressure, and that's something we could do without. Remember the pressure that was on mixu when we went through a bad pre season.

We also lost to Stranraer in the first game when we went down last time, people need to reel in the expectations and just get behind the team this year, I am sure the majority would understand what happens if we field weak teams in those first two games.

nribs
12-06-2014, 03:17 PM
We also lost to Stranraer in the first game when we went down last time, people need to reel in the expectations and just get behind the team this year, I am sure the majority would understand what happens if we field weak teams in those first two games.

We won away to Morton in our first game I'm pretty sure.

Aldo
12-06-2014, 03:28 PM

Wan nil.

Eternal Hibbie
12-06-2014, 03:41 PM
No, the poster's right if memory serves, we lost 1-0 to Stranraer at ER.

Zander
12-06-2014, 03:43 PM
lost at home on the Saturday to Stranraer then beat Morton away in the mid week.
Late goal to win if I remember

HibbyAndy
12-06-2014, 03:45 PM
Morton away was the 1st game of the season..Lavety winner late on.

nribs
12-06-2014, 03:51 PM
No, the poster's right if memory serves, we lost 1-0 to Stranraer at ER.

Not first game of the season?

nribs
12-06-2014, 03:52 PM
lost at home on the Saturday to Stranraer then beat Morton away in the mid week.
Late goal to win if I remember

I dont think so I'll need to Google the results. Sure Morton away was 1st game of the season.

Smartie
12-06-2014, 03:52 PM

It depends if we are really serious about getting back up at the first attempt.

Do you think The Rangers or Hearts will be playing weakened teams and accepting defeats/draws over the first few weeks?

This is what has pissed me off about Hibs for years. The season starts at the first competitive game. You don't get more points for the last 6 games of the season than the first 6. We are NEVER ready for the start of the season - last season was utterly abysmal. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. No wonder we struggled all year.

Fair enough this season is a unique situation with last season finishing late due to the play-off, relegation, Butcher being punted etc. But I'll be furious if Hibs continue (after this coming season) to go into the start of seasons with the usual laissez-faire attitude, hopelessly under-prepared and then looking to bag "bargains" at the end of the window with the season well underway. To be honest, this for me is the defining characteristic of the "Petrie years".

Or maybe we need to write a season off? Blood youngsters, get the right people in at the right time, back a manager regardless? It wouldn't go down well but it might be better for us long-term? 5 year plan anyone?

nribs
12-06-2014, 03:53 PM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998%E2%80%9399_Hibernian_F.C._season

Zander
12-06-2014, 03:54 PM
checked wiki and it was Morton then Stranraer in the league with an away victory over Hamilton in the League Cup in between

Lago
12-06-2014, 04:05 PM

Good post like your assessment of the team requirements.

judas
12-06-2014, 07:12 PM
LD has said she will take her time in getting the best man for the job, but how much time do we have? We need to sign new players the new boss will need time to work with the new squad, as much as I agree we shouldn't rush into hiring the new gaffer but how much time have we got

I agree. The situation is a farce.

After the Hamilton game Hibs should of declared this the club equivalent of a national emergency, LDs involvement, should have been moved forward and Butchers contract terminated. An immediate search for a manager should have commenced immediately thereafter.

To be looking for a manager now is inept. And then to task him with bringing the team up in a season ... Words fail me.

Ronniekirk
12-06-2014, 07:49 PM

According to the SPFL:
Start dates

Play the youngsters in the Scottish Challenged Cup if need be Although at this stage not even sure who they are . :rolleyes:

IainA
12-06-2014, 08:05 PM
We could get a First Team coach in fairy quickly and take the time to get the right DOF in.
(Ian Murray in soon then JC to follow?)
just a thought.
:flag:

Scottie
12-06-2014, 08:15 PM
:tee hee: