PDA

View Full Version : Leith Links and the MCFB at the Leith Festival

Pretty Boy
12-06-2014, 12:16 PM
In amongst all the doom and gloom at Hibs in the last few years one of the real success stories, and something we should be proud of, is the success of Kicks for Kids and the supporter driven initiative Leith Links to help fans contribute. Given young fans the chance to attend ER when otherwise they may not have been able to is a brilliant scheme and one we should all support.

This Saturday as part of the Leith Festival, Leith Links and MCFB will be sharing a stall at the Gala day. Thr event takes place at Leith Links (hope all these links aren't confusing people!).

As well as a chance to find out a bit more about what the groups do, you can meet one of the true unsung heroes of the Hibs suppprt, Francksuzy, there will also be a 'beat the goalie' competition featuring yours truly in goal as well as a few cracking raffle prizes.

We'll be in Row C stall 49 and about from 11 until 4. The weather forecast is pretty good so come along and say hello.

down-the-slope
12-06-2014, 05:38 PM
In amongst all the doom and gloom at Hibs in the last few years one of the real success stories, and something we should be proud of, is the success of Kicks for Kids and the supporter driven initiative Leith Links to help fans contribute. Given young fans the chance to attend ER when otherwise they may not have been able to is a brilliant scheme and one we should all support.

This Saturday as part of the Leith Festival, Leith Links and MCFB will be sharing a stall at the Gala day. Thr event takes place at Leith Links (hope all these links aren't confusing people!).

As well as a chance to find out a bit more about what the groups do, you can meet one of the true unsung heroes of the Hibs suppprt, Francksuzy, there will also be a 'beat the goalie' competition featuring yours truly in goal as well as a few cracking raffle prizes.

We'll be in Row C stall 49 and about from 11 until 4. The weather forecast is pretty good so come along and say hello.

:aok: There are plenty of good things going on in and around our Club, with many individuals working tirelessly and unselfishly for the benefit of others KFK / Leith Links / Dnipro Kids / Disability Football Coaching etc etc its good not to forget that when other more 'upfront' aspects of out club are failing so badly...

Sadly i'm working Saturday or I may have been tempted to beat the goalie - I guess that Suzy will buy raffle tickets on behalf of people not able to be there?

FranckSuzy
12-06-2014, 05:47 PM

Cheers S and thanks for all of your help and support. It is due to the amazing fans of this club that these initiatives have succeeded and are sustainable. Real changes have come about in the kids lives because of kindhearted folk actually doing something productive and me being a good scranner of course :tee hee: GGTTH.

FranckSuzy
12-06-2014, 05:50 PM
:aok: There are plenty of good things going on in and around our Club, with many individuals working tirelessly and unselfishly for the benefit of others KFK / Leith Links / Dnipro Kids / Disability Football Coaching etc etc its good not to forget that when other more 'upfront' aspects of out club are failing so badly...

Sadly i'm working Saturday or I may have been tempted to beat the goalie - I guess that Suzy will buy raffle tickets on behalf of people not able to be there?

Thank you J and yes, raffle tickets can be purchased via myself for those not able to attend. They are £1 for 5 and the prizes are a signed Hibs ball and Danny Handling's signed boots from the Ross County game, where he scored the winner :greengrin

down-the-slope
12-06-2014, 10:22 PM
Thank you J and yes, raffle tickets can be purchased via myself for those not able to attend. They are £1 for 5 and the prizes are a signed Hibs ball and Danny Handling's signed boots from the Ross County game, where he scored the winner :greengrin

Now I wonder where that ball came from :whistle:....

Stick me down for a fivers worth ta (can paypal or hand over)

FranckSuzy
12-06-2014, 10:26 PM
Now I wonder where that ball came from :whistle:....

Stick me down for a fivers worth ta (can paypal or hand over)

:lips seal Many thanks. Either is fine :aok:

offshorehibby
12-06-2014, 10:37 PM
Ooh raffle tickets, on holiday the now, if I PayPal you pennies will you stick me in.

FranckSuzy
12-06-2014, 10:59 PM
Ooh raffle tickets, on holiday the now, if I PayPal you pennies will you stick me in.

:greengrin No problem, thanks :aok:

FranckSuzy
13-06-2014, 01:08 PM
Sent a cheeky email to the board, inviting them along tomorrow and guess what? Leeann has replied asking what they can do to help :greengrin Think we have everything sorted so just requested someone's presence. GGTTH

Jay
13-06-2014, 01:11 PM
What time is on on until Suzy?

Sherlock Jones
13-06-2014, 01:11 PM
How about a 'Throw A Wet Sponge At Rod' stall? :greengrin

FranckSuzy
13-06-2014, 01:20 PM
what time is on on until suzy?

4.30 J :greengrin

FranckSuzy
13-06-2014, 01:22 PM
How about a 'Throw A Wet Sponge At Rod' stall? :greengrin

Don't have enough volunteers to man the stall :tee hee:

Jay
13-06-2014, 01:52 PM
4.30 J :greengrin

Might pop down later on. It's our gala day but we should be done by 2pm. Might see you xx

FranckSuzy
14-06-2014, 06:48 PM
Thanks very much to everyone who popped by to say hello today. We raised nearly £400 and had a ball. A special mention to Stu (Pretty Boy) for his heroics in the hot sun as our goalie :thumbsup: Hibee family indeed :agree:

12779 12781 12782

The winner of the signed ball was white ticket, 161, serial number AB671536 and the boots were won by offshorehibby :aok:

marinello59
14-06-2014, 06:51 PM
Well done. Something to smile about. :thumbsup:

CropleyWasGod
14-06-2014, 06:52 PM
Thanks very much to everyone who popped by to say hello today. We raised nearly £400 and had a ball. A special mention to Stu (Pretty Boy) for his heroics in the hot sun as our goalie :thumbsup: Hibee family indeed :agree:

12779 12781 12782

I walked round and round, and couldn't find you :rolleyes:

Pretty apt that you were next to the Guide Dugs.....

Jay
14-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Good to see you today Suzy, Stu I apparently just missed you :) glad you raised so much money.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-06-2014, 07:08 PM
Well done Suzy. Any plans to include a stall at the mela? Always struck me as daft Hibs seemed year after year to miss out on the opportunity to contribute to something on our own doorstep. If we are to tap into the diversity that has become Leith it seems nuts to ignore...

CropleyWasGod
14-06-2014, 07:10 PM
Slight thread hijack.

Mary Moriarty of the Leith Festival, and formerly of the Port O' Leith, has been awarded the BEM.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/queen-honours-pub-landlady-mary-moriarty-1-3444221

FranckSuzy
14-06-2014, 07:16 PM
I walked round and round, and couldn't find you :rolleyes:

Pretty apt that you were next to the Guide Dugs.....

:tee hee: Och, that's a shame, G. We were right at the back, near the junction of Links Place. Maybe next time :wink:

CropleyWasGod
14-06-2014, 07:17 PM
:tee hee: Och, that's a shame, G. We were right at the back, near the junction of Links Place. Maybe next time :wink:

I see that now. I must have walked past you. Twice.

Still, saved me some money......:cb

marinello59
Slight thread hijack.

Mary Moriarty of the Leith Festival, and formerly of the Port O' Leith, has been awarded the BEM.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/queen-honours-pub-landlady-mary-moriarty-1-3444221

Used to drink in their regularly when I was on the boats. I used to love pointing out the figurehead to first time visitors on the way in then watching for the double take when the bar maid appeared. A real pub legend.

FranckSuzy
Good to see you today Suzy, Stu I apparently just missed you :) glad you raised so much money.

Thanks for coming down today, J, especially seeing as you were at another Gala Day as well :thumbsup:

CropleyWasGod
14-06-2014, 07:19 PM
Used to drink in their regularly when I was on the boats. I used to love pointing out the figurehead to first time visitors on the way in then watching for the double take when the bar maid appeared. A real pub legend.

Indeed.

Bizarrely, I was in the Port today (after failing to find Suzy), and was telling my boy stories about Mary.

FranckSuzy
14-06-2014, 07:22 PM
Well done Suzy. Any plans to include a stall at the mela? Always struck me as daft Hibs seemed year after year to miss out on the opportunity to contribute to something on our own doorstep. If we are to tap into the diversity that has become Leith it seems nuts to ignore...

I enquired about it, I, but it was over £400 for a stall so I couldn't really justify the expense. I spoke to Brian Houston about Hibs having a presence there and he agreed it was a good idea. I also invited the board down and Leeann was good enough to email me back, asking if they could do anything to help. Hopefully they will take the plunge next year....

Pretty Boy
14-06-2014, 07:23 PM
Was a great day even if I now have a fair bit of sunburn on the face. Really should have taken the offer of suncream up.

Was good to see a few .netters, the Disabled Hibernian Supporters Association and other Hibbies as well. The number of kids walking about in Hibs strips was great to see.

Really good day.

oconnors_strip
15-06-2014, 12:08 AM
Was a great day even if I now have a fair bit of sunburn on the face. Really should have taken the offer of suncream up.

Was good to see a few .netters, the Disabled Hibernian Supporters Association and other Hibbies as well. The number of kids walking about in Hibs strips was great to see.

Really good day.

Was a fab day, apart from getting sunburned!! Going to plaster myself in after sun along with being plastered :greengrin

Forza Fred
15-06-2014, 12:48 AM
Was a fab day, apart from getting sunburned!! Going to plaster myself in after sun along with being plastered :greengrin

As someone who went to school in the vicinity of Leith Links and played football there, prior to coming to Oz and its sunshine, I admit to having difficulty getting my head around claims of SUNBURN!!

On a serious note, just like to echo the acknowledgements of Suzy's unselfish good works.

FranckSuzy
15-06-2014, 09:43 AM
As someone who went to school in the vicinity of Leith Links and played football there, prior to coming to Oz and its sunshine, I admit to having difficulty getting my head around claims of SUNBURN!!

On a serious note, just like to echo the acknowledgements of Suzy's unselfish good works.

Yes, we had the summer yesterday I think, between 11-4 :greengrin

Thanks very much Fred and to all the guys in Oz who have kindly sent donations over too :aok: My big bro' eventually got his act together and sent some dosh as well :rolleyes: :wink: