PDA

View Full Version : Transfer values

Jack
12-06-2014, 09:54 AM
I know a lot of folk don't like Transfermarkt, or more probably the transfer values they attach to players. I'd say however when they work out ours they probably work out the other clubs in a similar way so its half a dozen of one and 6 of the other.

The current value of our 31 man squad is just over £8m, second in last seasons league.

However if you sort the league on the average value of a player, ours £260k - that drops us into the bottom 6.

Still allegedly higher than the rest of the bottom 6 but the 4 immediately below us are still £200k +.

A very simplistic way of looking at where our problems lie. We may have one of the biggest playing budgets in Scotland but there's too many mouths to feed and they'll deplete other budgets too as it will take more to look after them. LD has already made inroads into the playing staff and after what she said on Saturday I think there's more to come.

Hibs live, or die, on the results of the first team - that is our core business. Its nice to hear of our other teams doing well but at the end of the day 10/11,000 supporters pay £20 a head go to ER to watch Hibs win.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/startseite/wettbewerb/SC1