PDA

View Full Version : She Can take him Right off that list (Thats if he's even on it!)

H13BYM
12-06-2014, 08:27 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-manager-search-danny-lennon-3678824

i refer to shiels of course.

Keith_M
12-06-2014, 08:32 AM
Former Kilmarnock and Morton boss Kenny Shiels would also be keen to manage Hibs.

He said: “If you’re asking me if I would be interested in the position then of course the answer would be yes.”

I'd be keen to have a date this weekend with Rihanna. I have a feeling that's not on the cards either.....

Billychaotic182
12-06-2014, 08:34 AM
I don't think Kenny would be a bad manager or us tbh but I don't think he would be the best option either

H13BYM
12-06-2014, 08:36 AM
can these people be THAT deluded to even think they would be considered?? WTF!! :confused:

GTF more like!

H13BYM
12-06-2014, 08:37 AM
I don't think Kenny would be a bad manager or us tbh but I don't think he would be the best option either

mediocre at very best, breath of fresh air needed.

Heisenberg
12-06-2014, 08:39 AM
Shiels has wanted the job the last few times and hasn't got it. Don't think this will be any different.

Vini1875
12-06-2014, 08:40 AM
Kenny Sheils would be a nightmare for us. I like him but because he is bonkers. You could probably have a good laugh with him on a night out, but as Hibs manager no thanks.

Weststandwanab
12-06-2014, 09:22 AM
Former Kilmarnock and Morton boss Kenny Shiels would also be keen to manage Hibs.

He said: “If you’re asking me if I would be interested in the position then of course the answer would be yes.”

I'd be keen to have a date this weekend with Rihanna. I have a feeling that's not on the cards either.....

More chance of you having a date with Shiels

Keith_M
12-06-2014, 09:25 AM
More chance of you having a date with Shiels

Who talked?

:greengrin

Jones28
12-06-2014, 09:34 AM
He talks so much ****. Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

Steve-O
12-06-2014, 09:41 AM
No to both IMO.

Smartie
12-06-2014, 10:13 AM
I'd quite like Shiels.

We get way to hung up on the drivel managers talk about the game on here. He had his Killie team playing decent stuff on a tiny budget so that's good enough for me. Players seem to like playing for him too which counts for a lot imo. The football needs to do the talking.

We have far too high an opinion of ourselves right now. Whoever comes in has next to no players, those who remain have confidence shot to pieces, we've got a difficult league to get out of next year, and a track record of hounding managers with previously decent CV's out every year or so. And most importantly a board who notoriously fail to help their managers.

Based on all of this, whoever we get is going to have a few rough edges and I'd be happy to accept Shiels.

Pray4Marc
12-06-2014, 10:36 AM
Kenny Sheils done a lot of excellent community work at Killie and gave youth a chance. These are two objectives already stated by our new Chief Executive. Kenny can be a controversial character at times, especially in interviews but in the large he is being honest, something which is frowned upon by the SFA. He also tried to play football the correct way and made some decent signings, he is also often a spectator at Easter Road and has in the large shown a fondness for Hibs. His stint Morton may count against but that ship had already sunk prior to his appointment. I see no reason why he should be dismissed by Hibs supporters.

greenpaper55
12-06-2014, 10:41 AM
Kenny Sheils done a lot of excellent community work at Killie and gave youth a chance. These are two objectives already stated by our new Chief Executive. Kenny can be a controversial character at times, especially in interviews but in the large he is being honest, something which is frowned upon by the SFA. He also tried to play football the correct way and made some decent signings, he is also often a spectator at Easter Road and has in the large shown a fondness for Hibs. His stint Morton may count against but that ship had already sunk prior to his appointment. I see no reason why he should be dismissed by Hibs supporters.

I am also a spectator at ER and have a fondness for Hibs but that does not make me a good manager ! Not in a million years.

Paloschi
12-06-2014, 10:54 AM
A massive NO to both.

We need to set the bar higher than this and I hope to jeezus we are!

Probably just another fake article with no substance from the Daily ******.

Keith_M
12-06-2014, 11:05 AM

As I pointed out earlier, it was basically just a Fishing Trip by the Record. They asked Shiels if he'd be interested in the job and he said yes.

No big deal.

hibsmad
12-06-2014, 11:07 AM
Wouldn't have minded Shiels when we went for Butcher. However his time at Morton has changed my mind on his suitability for the Hibs job.

Danny Lennon - Please NO

truehibernian
12-06-2014, 11:13 AM

That as may be, yet they were happy enough to have Kenny coach kids at their SFA Performance Schools when he was 'out of work' - they may not like his comments but they do rate his coaching - I've seen it first hand and he is a fantastic coach :aok:

Northern Hibby
12-06-2014, 01:31 PM
A massive NO to both.

We need to set the bar higher than this and I hope to jeezus we are!

Do we have a bar to set? doesn't matter who we appoint 1 we all want,a no name or 1 that just makes us say "really" it's what they do when they get here that matters, rudi skacel could walk in and, scratch that, maybe not anybody

Paloschi
12-06-2014, 01:48 PM
Do we have a bar to set? doesn't matter who we appoint 1 we all want,a no name or 1 that just makes us say "really" it's what they do when they get here that matters, rudi skacel could walk in and, scratch that, maybe not anybody

I get your point but IMO we really need to get this one right and do we really have any confidence in Danny Lennon and Kenny Shiels? I don't mean bar higher in terms of experience per say as Hibs are indeed a unique experience. I mean character wise. Both don't have or have at least demonstrated the right leadership qualities we need at the club now.

Alas Tony Mowbray was an unknown but he had the right characteristics at the right time.

ekhibee
12-06-2014, 02:29 PM

Although I don't really see him as manager of Hibs, you were quite right to point out the work Shiels does behind the scenes. He's a hard working manager who gives 100% for the club he's working for, but it just wouldn't work at Hibs IMO. Good points though, particularly re. youth development etc.

Lago
12-06-2014, 02:32 PM
Some pretty uninspiring names being mentioned for the Hibs managers job, lets hope they are all just paper talk.

--------
12-06-2014, 02:48 PM
Some pretty uninspiring names being mentioned for the Hibs managers job, lets hope they are all just paper talk.

Everybody and his uncle (and his sisters and his cousins and his aunts) will be named as possible candidates for the job over the next few days.

The journos know nothing, but they have space to fill in the paper, so they make it up.

Greenworld
12-06-2014, 02:56 PM
How about butch wilkens

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

H13BYM
12-06-2014, 03:00 PM
How about butch wilkens

How about NAW!

Greenworld
12-06-2014, 03:01 PM
Thats what I thought so correct reply

ArmadaleHibs
12-06-2014, 03:01 PM
If your sacked from killie and MORTON your not what hibs are looking for I'm afraid

Greenworld
12-06-2014, 03:02 PM
Just put 100 on mcall I usually loose so dpnt ask source gut feeling

davhibby
12-06-2014, 06:34 PM
I think Shiels is a good manager and would take him. Had Killie playing good football and won a cup. Taking out the Hamilton result he did a decent job at Morton, got some good results. He was sacked to the outrage of most Killie fans and don't think he would have been sacked at Morton. As for Lennon, I don't think his style at St Mirren was as good as many seem to make out and his signings were that good either. Wouldn't like him

Unseen work
12-06-2014, 08:36 PM
Standard hibs....keep your standards.

Both these guys arent anywhere near the standard we need to move on, or have it in them to change the team and inspire the fans.

I just cant see what appointing guys like this could do that ian murray couldnt do. experiance or not

Criswell
12-06-2014, 10:53 PM
What would be so awful about Danny Lennon? He has kept St Mirren in the top division in his tenure, won them a cup, all on a fraction of the resources we have had. My God I would have taken that at Easter Road. It is time that many on here took a reality check!

Shearer
13-06-2014, 04:38 AM
Danny Lennon took Cowdenbeath to 2 successive promotions, then took St Mirren to their highest ever SPL finish and then won them a Cup.

How can that be deemed not good enough for Hibs? Reality check needed

emerald green
13-06-2014, 03:46 PM

That's what a lot of folk thought about Butcher, including me. How wrong can you be eh?

Kenny Shiels - no way. The club has to get this appointment right this time. The big problem is that there is not a lot of time until the new season starts. That's a mess created by Petrie, Butcher, and some of the players at the club last season.

Leeann Dempster is doing her best to clear up the mess, but making a panic appointment just to appease supporters is not the correct way to go.