PDA

View Full Version : Safe Standing !

Www1875hfc
12-06-2014, 07:54 AM
Celtc looking to introduce safe standing barriers in a section at Celtc park.
Already proved successful in the Bundesliga in Germany.

Could this be something we could maybe introduce at Easter Road.
Maybe a standing section behind the goals in the FF ?
Would be pretty decent I think,and would certainly create an atmosphere.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/27805755

Thoughts?

Waxy
12-06-2014, 07:57 AM
The lower FF will be standing one day. It's destiny.

sambajustice
12-06-2014, 09:03 AM
The FF lower should be where Sect41 or whatever they call themselves these days should go. Would make more of an impact than standing away up in the clouds about as far away from the pitch as possible.

Most mental fan action occurs behind a scoring section in the ground.

RIP
12-06-2014, 09:11 AM
A few of us from Working Together are going to the Supporters Direct conference on Sunday where there will be a session on Safe Standing.

For anyone buckshee on Sunday that fancies a day focused on Scottish fitba, tickets are still available at a tenner a pop

Keith_M
12-06-2014, 09:17 AM
We're currently in the Championship and need to spend a fortune to get out. As much as I would like to see the return of terracing at ER, it would be expensive and hardly a priority at the moment.

Infrastructure or Football, you choose.

Ozyhibby
12-06-2014, 09:26 AM
We're currently in the Championship and need to spend a fortune to get out. As much as I would like to see the return of terracing at ER, it would be expensive and hardly a priority at the moment.

Yip, no more infrastructure spending just now. Football team only.

Steve-O
12-06-2014, 09:48 AM

Would cost nothing to simply allow standing behind the goal as it is now.

Keith_M
12-06-2014, 10:21 AM
Would cost nothing to simply allow standing behind the goal as it is now.

Perhaps, but that's not what was being discussed. The OP mentioned actual Safe Standing, with associated barriers, etc. That's expensive.

I do find it strange, though, that the OF and Hearts fans get to stand in the South without anyone forcing them to sit down but it's considered an issue in the home stands. If they applied the same principle to the FF Front, it might be worth looking at your suggestion.

Turkish Green
12-06-2014, 10:26 AM

Yip. I have a feeling that there will be plenty of spaces for standing at ER next season without the cost of construction work.