12-06-2014, 03:36 AM
Yes, on a one year deal.

greenlex
12-06-2014, 10:09 AM
When he played, St Mirren played.

Paloschi
12-06-2014, 10:12 AM
When he played, St Mirren played.

Agree. Thought he was their best player.

Would love him at Easter Road. He will probably find another club before we find a manager though!

Nutmegged
12-06-2014, 10:26 AM
Dont think McGowan was anywhere near Saints best player to be honest, 2-3 years ago, in the 2011-12 season then yeah definitely but Kenny McLean is far superior and Steven Thompson, Darren McGregor and Dillo have been a lot better than him too.

I'd be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and think possibly the court case he had hanging over him effected his game

Mark79
12-06-2014, 10:28 AM
The mess we are in just now we will end up with shane mcgowan.

CropleyWasGod
12-06-2014, 10:30 AM
The mess we are in just now we will end up with shane mcgowan.

Toothless.

Turkish Green
12-06-2014, 10:47 AM
I have still to get my head round that Hibs are now a championship side and as such need to cut their cloth accordingly. :boo hoo:

Hibs will not be offering Premiership money to targets, so I cannot see players like McGowan looking to step down unless they cannot get picked up by the likes of Killie, St Johnstone, Motherwell, Hamilton, etc.

This being the case, I would expect Hibs to wait until later into the transfer window in the hope that they can find some bargains.

Franck Stanton
12-06-2014, 11:08 AM
I have still to get my head round that Hibs are now a championship side and as such need to cut their cloth accordingly. :boo hoo:

Hibs will not be offering Premiership money to targets, so I cannot see players like McGowan looking to step down unless they cannot get picked up by the likes of Killie, St Johnstone, Motherwell, Hamilton, etc.

This being the case, I would expect Hibs to wait until later into the transfer window in the hope that they can find some bargains.

No change there then eh

nribs
12-06-2014, 11:26 AM

I'm not sure how our wages expendeture wiill be structures, we could offer the same wages as St Mirren, Motherwell, Killie, Dundee etc, we would struggle if we didn't get out the league to keep paying these wages though. I would hipe we could go after some decent signings and offer them a decent basic wage with a decent win bonus with a big bonus pot of cash to be shared should we achieve promotion, also at this point their basic wage would increase.

Billychaotic182
12-06-2014, 11:37 AM
Would have rather had Darren McGregor

Bronson
12-06-2014, 11:43 AM
Definitely take Paul McGowan, good player and probably St Mirren's best.

Baldy Foghorn
12-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Would you take him at easter road?

Yes, a busy tidy midfielder......

J-C
12-06-2014, 12:17 PM
I'd take him but would he want to come?

Turkish Green
12-06-2014, 12:24 PM
I'm not sure how our wages expendeture wiill be structures, we could offer the same wages as St Mirren, Motherwell, Killie, Dundee etc, we would struggle if we didn't get out the league to keep paying these wages though. I would hipe we could go after some decent signings and offer them a decent basic wage with a decent win bonus with a big bonus pot of cash to be shared should we achieve promotion, also at this point their basic wage would increase.

I agree with you, however, I doubt it as long as RP has control of the purse strings. RP needs to let go and leave it to LD and the Finance Director.

It also depends if, whoever is putting together the budget is allowing for one or two years in the Championship and whether it allows for any marquee-signings.

PETRIE OOT

Stevie Reid
12-06-2014, 12:57 PM
Would have taken him if we were in the SPL, can't see him coming to us now - I was under the impression that he signed a one year deal at Saints last year and openly stated that he fancied going down south after that.

Good wee player on his day.

Crazyhorse
12-06-2014, 01:17 PM
Toothless.

And fond of a tipple or ten. Sound like quite a few of our recent players.

Mark79
12-06-2014, 01:21 PM
And fond of a tipple or ten. Sound like quite a few of our recent players.

Another one for george street.

Stevie Reid
12-06-2014, 01:29 PM
Actually forgot about his indiscretion from last year. Makes him a much less appealing prospect.

Unseen work
12-06-2014, 08:38 PM
paul would 100% come if offered