PDA

View Full Version : Gareth Evans

The_Horde
11-06-2014, 11:22 PM
What's he up to these days?

Think he'd be worth getting back on board somewhere in the academy? Had livi playing some good stuff and a lot of their supporters were disappointed he left.

I thought he was a bit harshly treated at the time when he left the club.

WHUHibs
11-06-2014, 11:33 PM
;4058882']What's he up to these days?

Think he'd be worth getting back on board somewhere in the academy? Had livi playing some good stuff and a lot of their supporters were disappointed he left.

I thought he was a bit harshly treated at the time when he left the club.

He won't be back whilst Rod is there ! He lives in north Berwick and watches his laddie play for Merchie on a Saturday!

Absolute gentleman and does scottish women coaching last time I saw him!

The_Horde
11-06-2014, 11:43 PM
That's a shame. He's supposed to be a brilliant coach and teaches football the right way.

Cheers for the info!

Peevemor
11-06-2014, 11:48 PM
Was it not PF's decision to bin him? I always liked Gareth Evans, even though he wasn't the best finisher. I still remember him scoring a header against Dundee on his debut.

nribs
11-06-2014, 11:56 PM
Was it not PF's decision to bin him? I always liked Gareth Evans, even though he wasn't the best finisher. I still remember him scoring a header against Dundee on his debut.

Not just a header but a diving header.

The_Horde
11-06-2014, 11:56 PM
More reason IMHO pat deserved to leave..

fat freddy
12-06-2014, 12:20 AM
I remember his debut being as a substitute at Parkhead, 0-0 draw iirc

nribs
12-06-2014, 12:22 AM

I'm sure his debut was a sub against Dundee at Easter Road, or maybe that was his home debut?

MWHIBBIES
12-06-2014, 12:34 AM
I remember him getting dogs abuse on here and people being glad Fenlon binned him.

Peevemor
12-06-2014, 05:38 AM

I'm sure his debut was a sub against Dundee at Easter Road, or maybe that was his home debut?

iHibs says Dundee

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/player.php?playerid=6324

fat freddy
12-06-2014, 05:51 AM
iHibs says Dundee

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/player.php?playerid=6324

Maybe the Parkhead match was his first away game then, I do remember a home programme had a cover shot of Gareth running with the ball from the previous weeks match at Parkhead and a feature article introducing him to the club.

Aldo
12-06-2014, 06:29 AM

It was his first game at ER and that was my youngest brothers first game. Diving header into Cowshed end (at the time).

AlbertK86
12-06-2014, 06:50 AM
It was his first game at ER and that was my youngest brothers first game. Diving header into Cowshed end (at the time).

Yep it was a cracking goal that led Terry Venables watching from the stand to awkward where you get players like that for 50k !

Was appointed coach by JC at Livi when he was Director of Football and reports from there was he was well liked

H13BYM
12-06-2014, 06:52 AM

Could have sworn it was the Dunbar end,:confused:

instant hit with the fans for doing so!

Aldo
12-06-2014, 06:53 AM

Nope it was Doon the Slope.

Peevemor
12-06-2014, 06:54 AM

instant hit with the fans for doing so!

Definitely down the slope.

Seveno
12-06-2014, 06:57 AM
I presented him with the sponsor's MotM award once. He was very humble and shy.

Forza Fred
12-06-2014, 06:58 AM
He took home the man of the match sponsor trophy on his debut against Dundee

Aldo
12-06-2014, 07:01 AM
Could have sworn it was the Dunbar end,:confused: instant hit with the fans for doing so!

Meant to add but the Dunbar road end would be where the Dundee fans were standing. Do you actually know what ends are what??

nribs
12-06-2014, 07:13 AM
Nope it was Doon the Slope.

100% down the slope.

gillie
12-06-2014, 07:16 AM
Meant to add but the Dunbar road end would be where the Dundee fans were standing. Do you actually know what ends are what??

Lol where's the Dunbar ROAD end?

Berwickhibby
12-06-2014, 07:24 AM
Gareth is a coach working with Scotland youth teams. He was in Malta recently for the u17 European Championship

bigwheel
12-06-2014, 07:32 AM
100% down the slope.

Yes. Actually just crept over the line if I remember well - they all count ! :)

Waxy
12-06-2014, 07:34 AM
Such a low dive he licked ge grass. I'm sure we signed him from Rotherham iirc.

Aldo
12-06-2014, 07:36 AM
Such a low dive he licked ge grass. I'm sure we signed him from Rotherham iirc.

We did indeed. I'm also sure it wasn't him the management team went to look at but liked what they saw. Glad they did.

H13BYM
12-06-2014, 07:40 AM

Yep , i have no issues knowing which end is which, the Dunbar end (not sure why u call it Dunbar road?) is the away end. the cowshed is behind the goals backing on to albion pl/hawkhill av!

I just for some reason thought the goal was at the other end. so no need to question my knowledge of a stadium ive visited since i was 6!

Dunbar road?

green with envy
12-06-2014, 07:46 AM

It was as said further down this thread that it was in fact at home to Dundee.

however, he did score the winner at Parkhead in a 3-2 victory in season 91-92.

Aldo
12-06-2014, 08:34 AM
Yep , i have no issues knowing which end is which, the Dunbar end (not sure why u call it Dunbar road?) is the away end. the cowshed is behind the goals backing on to albion pl/hawkhill av! I just for some reason thought the goal was at the other end. so no need to question my knowledge of a stadium ive visited since i was 6! Dunbar road?

Sorry Dunbar End!! My mistake.

Slim Shady
12-06-2014, 10:50 AM
We did indeed. I'm also sure it wasn't him the management team went to look at but liked what they saw. Glad they did.

Glad they did!!!!

It was David Platt we were looking at but Lexo plumped for Gareth Evans.

Would've been better with Gail Platt than Evans.

Brightside
12-06-2014, 10:52 AM
He looks after the Scottish girls team. U19s

.Sean.
12-06-2014, 11:35 AM
He was on gardening leave for ages. Hopefully no another we're still paying!

James70
12-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Yep it was a cracking goal that led Terry Venables watching from the stand to awkward where you get players like that for 50k !

Was appointed coach by JC at Livi when he was Director of Football and reports from there was he was well liked

I recall Terry Venables comment after the game that he wondered why his own scouts hadn't spotted Gareth Evans. I was never sure if he said it tongue in cheek though!

Peevemor
12-06-2014, 11:54 AM
Glad they did!!!!

It was David Platt we were looking at but Lexo plumped for Gareth Evans.

Would've been better with Gail Platt than Evans.

Hibs had verbally agreed a deal with Crewe to sign Platt, but were gazumped by Aston Villa later the same day.

J-C
12-06-2014, 12:21 PM
If I recall he was left in the sheite by Calderwood who buggered off down south to see his family after every game, Evans was left to do it all by himself till Calderwood got back on the wednesday, seemingly well liked by the players but maybe a bit too soft when it came to the discipline side of things.