PDA

View Full Version : Season tickets

Nevi_SOL
11-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Just to have a look at why people wont renew and who/what stopping them

Pretty Boy
24-06-2014, 02:57 PM
There's a meeting tonight re STs at ER.

Ronaldo7 will be attending on behalf of .net. If anyone has any points they wish to make perhaps this thread is a good one to do it on.

ronaldo7
24-06-2014, 03:03 PM

Ronaldo7 will be attending on behalf of .net. If anyone has any points they wish to make perhaps this thread is a good one to do it on.

And I thought I was going on a "Listening mode". :greengrin

SteveHFC
24-06-2014, 03:04 PM
Will all those who have bought season ticket's so far be giving free spa treatment :greengrin

S4uzee
24-06-2014, 03:06 PM

How can the club charge the same amount as last season when its a lower league and less games?

lord bunberry
24-06-2014, 03:10 PM
Will all those who have bought season ticket's so far be giving free spa treatment :greengrin

I'm a busy man, I've not got time to be giving spa treatments :greengrin

ronaldo7
24-06-2014, 03:12 PM

Giving or Given?

My_Wife_Camille
24-06-2014, 03:23 PM
Can someone ask if they can re-open the payment plan?

Chuck Rhoades
24-06-2014, 03:27 PM
Too many people held off who may now want to buy but simply cannot afford it. Can the interest free payment plan be offered again over 11 months? Or potentially other methods of multiple payments over a prolonged period?

Next season, I dont want to see renewals coming out until we are certain of which league we are playing in. Didn't they come out in Feb/Mar this year? Far too early.

stoneyburn hibs
24-06-2014, 03:28 PM

Please ask this ↑

nellio
24-06-2014, 03:33 PM
Had one last year. Been living here 2 years now and attended a lot of games in my first year here. I just cant justify s[pending 400 quid on a season ticket when I look at the quality of football on offer. Its just so overpriced. I was a season ticket holder at Cardiff for years then I moved here and missed going so I got a Hibs season ticket which was more expensive than my Cardiff one. maybe it's just because I've been watching the football league championship quality for the last 10 years but I cant justify spending the money on the SPL or now the Scottish championship! It's price as simple as that, I support the team even through difficult spells but its simply affordability and value for money for me.

ronaldo7
24-06-2014, 03:34 PM

Too many people held off who may now want to buy but simply cannot afford it. Can the interest free payment plan be offered again over 11 months? Or potentially other methods of multiple payments over a prolonged period?

Next season, I dont want to see renewals coming out until we are certain of which league we are playing in. Didn't they come out in Feb/Mar this year? Far too early.

Please ask this ↑

I will ask.:aok:

ronaldo7
24-06-2014, 10:08 PM

Please ask this ↑

Leeann will be re-visiting this over the next few days. She will issue a statement on Seasons by the middle of next week. She didn't know why it had been stopped.

ronaldo7
24-06-2014, 10:13 PM
Notes from the meeting this evening.

Part 1

I offered to attend this evening's meeting to take some notes on the Season ticket situation we find ourselves in.

Their was an informal chat prior to Leeann opening the meeting and thanking us for attending.

Leeann went through the way forward for the club, through involvement of the fans, communication, transparency, and how it's been going for the 3 weeks she's been in post.

She wanted feedback regarding what peoples view's were on the subject of Season tickets, but offered her thoughts, having spoken to people in a one to one situation, on the phone, via E Mail, in the car park/ticket office. Her view was that if she'd spoken to approx 100 people, then 95 of them were accepting of the money paid for the Season to be used for the benefit of the Team.

The remaining 5 had asked for something back from the club, to some being angry, and one person being severely abusive.

Leeann went on to discuss the 3 weeks since she has been at the club, and how their is a massive job to do but she is, in her words, "Up for it".

She told us that George Craig (Head of Football operations) started 2 days early to get East mains ready for the players return. They are working with a Sports scientist (Craig Flannigan).

The Head coach Alan Stubbs has been appointed. This was "ALL" Leeann's work, and she did the Key performance Indicators, and knew what type of person she wanted prior to going into Interview. She wants people at the club to hold their Pro Licences and to have the best people we can afford to take the club forward.

She said that we would be pushing into the community much more. This would be done with either supporter involvement of through local authorities to get more kids to ER. Whatever happens, we will see more youngsters at ER in the future.

ronaldo7
24-06-2014, 10:14 PM
Part 2

Leeann then gave us some of the figures from S/T sales for this year...Up to today, we have sold 5,406 Seasons. At the same point last season with the cup final guaranteed ticket, we had sold 7,600, so we have some way to go.

Their was a lengthy discussion, with a range of views about what the Season ticket prices should be for this year.

The views ranged from

1. Payback cash to all fans ranging from £40 -£80
2. Drop the prices for the people renewing from now on.
3. Give out vouchers for people to use.
4. Keep the cash and use it for the player budget.
5. Give some cash to the Community to get more kids in.

Leeann was very aware that the fans are hurting and was in a dilemma about what to do. She also said that she wanted to give the New coach as much of a chance to get us out of the Championship at the first time of asking.

We then went on to discuss the options of bringing back the 0% payment plan, which was asked for, she said that she will go away and look at this, as she didn't know why it was withdrawn.

A number of other options for the S/T were discussed and what would be best for the club and fans. This included looking at how other clubs have developed with loyalty schemes, and discounts at local stores etc.

Other things mentioned.

Petrie.

We've not budgeted to sell any players from the squad.

She is going round every budget to get as much cash into the player budget for Stubbs.

Stubbs applied, but she knew about him and many others in the game.

She went into the dressing room on the first day of training, and said it would be the last time, until the end of the season when we're celebrating.

She wants ER to be made more accessible, and the team should be ready for the game having used the stadium on a Friday, to set us up for the Saturday.

Players should feel at home when they come to the Stadium.

Coach and Players should be made available for events. Not only player of the year stuff.

Community foundation to reach out and fill ER with between 1,000 and 2,000 kids every week. Schools, clubs etc

Another 4 clubs have approached Hibs following the tie up with Spartans to do the same thing.

As you can appreciate, Leeann's plate is full and overflowing at the moment, however she did say that she would be getting something out on the season ticket situation by the middle of next week.

To the others at the meeting, If I've missed anything or misrepresented anyone please shout up.:greengrin

snooky
24-06-2014, 10:33 PM
Notes from the meeting this evening.

Part 1

I offered to attend this evening's meeting to take some notes on the Season ticket situation we find ourselves in.

Their was an informal chat prior to Leeann opening the meeting and thanking us for attending.

Leeann went through the way forward for the club, through involvement of the fans, communication, transparency, and how it's been going for the 3 weeks she's been in post.

She wanted feedback regarding what peoples view's were on the subject of Season tickets, but offered her thoughts, having spoken to people in a one to one situation, on the phone, via E Mail, in the car park/ticket office. Her view was that if she'd spoken to approx 100 people, then 95 of them were accepting of the money paid for the Season to be used for the benefit of the Team.

The remaining 5 had asked for something back from the club, to some being angry, and one person being severely abusive.

Leeann went on to discuss the 3 weeks since she has been at the club, and how their is a massive job to do but she is, in her words, "Up for it".

She told us that George Craig (Head of Football operations) started 2 days early to get East mains ready for the players return. They are working with a Sports scientist (Craig Flannigan).

The Head coach Alan Stubbs has been appointed. This was "ALL" Leeann's work, and she did the Key performance Indicators, and knew what type of person she wanted prior to going into Interview. She wants people at the club to hold their Pro Licences and to have the best people we can afford to take the club forward.

She said that we would be pushing into the community much more. This would be done with either supporter involvement of through local authorities to get more kids to ER. Whatever happens, we will see more youngsters at ER in the future.

All positive stuff - well done, LaDy. :applause:

But ..... oh how I loath these new fangle-dangle business buzzwords e.g. "Performance Indicators".
How did we ever get a job done in days of yore without all this mumbo frigging jumbo of today's world?
Answer: Quite well actually, as we spent our time working on the job and not wasting time doing unnecessary paperwork to prove to some unknown person that we are doing our job.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - Rant over.

BS44
24-06-2014, 10:35 PM
Part 2

Leeann then gave us some of the figures from S/T sales for this year...Up to today, we have sold 5,406 Seasons. At the same point last season with the cup final guaranteed ticket, we had sold 7,600, so we have some way to go.

Their was a lengthy discussion, with a range of views about what the Season ticket prices should be for this year.

The views ranged from

1. Payback cash to all fans ranging from £40 -£80
2. Drop the prices for the people renewing from now on.
3. Give out vouchers for people to use.
4. Keep the cash and use it for the player budget.
5. Give some cash to the Community to get more kids in.

Leeann was very aware that the fans are hurting and was in a dilemma about what to do. She also said that she wanted to give the New coach as much of a chance to get us out of the Championship at the first time of asking.

We then went on to discuss the options of bringing back the 0% payment plan, which was asked for, she said that she will go away and look at this, as she didn't know why it was withdrawn.

A number of other options for the S/T were discussed and what would be best for the club and fans. This included looking at how other clubs have developed with loyalty schemes, and discounts at local stores etc.

Other things mentioned.

Petrie.

We've not budgeted to sell any players from the squad.

She is going round every budget to get as much cash into the player budget for Stubbs.

Stubbs applied, but she knew about him and many others in the game.

She went into the dressing room on the first day of training, and said it would be the last time, until the end of the season when we're celebrating.

She wants ER to be made more accessible, and the team should be ready for the game having used the stadium on a Friday, to set us up for the Saturday.

Players should feel at home when they come to the Stadium.

Coach and Players should be made available for events. Not only player of the year stuff.

Community foundation to reach out and fill ER with between 1,000 and 2,000 kids every week. Schools, clubs etc

Another 4 clubs have approached Hibs following the tie up with Spartans to do the same thing.

As you can appreciate, Leeann's plate is full and overflowing at the moment, however she did say that she would be getting something out on the season ticket situation by the middle of next week.

To the others at the meeting, If I've missed anything or misrepresented anyone please shout up.:greengrin

Did she give any indication if the four clubs are outwith Edinburgh? Ideally the other clubs would be from Glasgow, Dundee, Aberdeen, Perth or Inverness.

ackeygraham
24-06-2014, 10:43 PM
I think they're should be several options for STs and the fans choose what option they wish.

1. Last season price with a guarantee of excess amount going to players on park.
2. Bottom price ST that matches the current championship pricing model.
3. Middle of the line price possibly.

ronaldo7
24-06-2014, 10:47 PM
Did she give any indication if the four clubs are outwith Edinburgh? Ideally the other clubs would be from Glasgow, Dundee, Aberdeen, Perth or Inverness.

Never mentioned which clubs or area. She will be going back to them this week though.:aok:

stoneyburn hibs
24-06-2014, 11:46 PM
Leeann will be re-visiting this over the next few days. She will issue a statement on Seasons by the middle of next week. She didn't know why it had been stopped.

Cheers mate.

Greenworld
25-06-2014, 06:40 AM
Personally I think all supporter groups should through their combined weight behind what she is trying to do. Change the club top to bottom for the better. A statement from Paul Kane and the rest of the supporters groups could do wonders for season ticket sales.
I understand the RP issue but crippling the club not buying season tickets IS NOT the answer ..deal with RP as a separate issue we can be clear our purchase is in support of Hibs and LD and her proposed changes.
Now more than ever from all you read from LD its clear that all budgets are being raided to maximise the cash available to strengthen the first team.

Hibs.net created a snowball efffect on ticket sales for the sell out hearts game at easter road and could do the same for season ticket sales.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

HH81
25-06-2014, 07:01 AM
Everyone now needs to accept the season ticket prices are set and you will pay between 22 and 28 quid on the gate.

I will be very surprised if these are now lowered.

Lucius Apuleius
25-06-2014, 07:20 AM
All positive stuff - well done, LaDy. :applause:

But ..... oh how I loath these new fangle-dangle business buzzwords e.g. "Performance Indicators".
How did we ever get a job done in days of yore without all this mumbo frigging jumbo of today's world?
Answer: Quite well actually, as we spent our time working on the job and not wasting time doing unnecessary paperwork to prove to some unknown person that we are doing our job.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - Rant over.

KPI's unfortunately are not new fangle dangle. Been around for many moons.

Aldo
25-06-2014, 07:26 AM
KPI's unfortunately are not new fangle dangle. Been around for many moons.

Indeed they have been LA. Key Performance Indicators form a very big part in a lot of businesses these days.

Good things and bad things (IMHO).

Steve-O
25-06-2014, 08:48 AM
Everyone now needs to accept the season ticket prices are set and you will pay between 22 and 28 quid on the gate.

Everyone does NOT need to accept these ridiculous prices.

If they want 6000 STs and average crowds of 7000 then they can stick with those scandalous prices.

They MUST be lowered.

If 95% of people who have renewed don't want any refund, why would they then care about season tickets being made cheaper at this stage?

HH81
25-06-2014, 09:11 AM

If they want 6000 STs and average crowds of 7000 then they can stick with those scandalous prices.

They MUST be lowered.

If 95% of people who have renewed don't want any refund, why would they then care about season tickets being made cheaper at this stage?

I agree Steve, Going by what I have read on here I think Hibs will not be lowering the price.

Why do Hibs need to keep an SPL budget? Are they going to be paying premiership wages?

bobbyhibs1983
25-06-2014, 10:43 AM

They MUST be lowered.

:top marks

i have NOT had a season ticket for a couple of years now, i did have a season ticket for around 3-4 seasons but sorta lost the drive/ambition to attend games so i felt it would be better to give up it and keep my money.
The *new* season, the one comming up i have thought about attending once again, and hence buying a season ticket. the one tihng that puts me off is the price,of course people have the means, dont mind paying, and thats fine,. but I feel(and may get shot down for this but hey im honest) that i dont think i would get value for money.

I maybe think alot of other people who are *thinking *about getting a season ticket may feel the same or have other issues with the price.

NatureBoy
25-06-2014, 12:17 PM
I've already renewed but can't help feel a touch short changed. If the club are wanting to keep the prices the same I think they should at least make the gesture of throwing in a free cup top up. The loyal fans deserve some sort of minor sweetener.

As it stands I honestly can't see anyone renewing if you've not already, it's not exactly value for money.

RP1875
25-06-2014, 12:34 PM
I'll renew when the club demonstrates ambition on the playing side.

A team full of mince and panic buys as per usual and I'll walk up to games I choose to attend.

Keith_M
25-06-2014, 12:44 PM

IMHO, that would be a very dangerous approach for the club to take.

I appreciate that a number of people that have paid for STs already are quite happy for the price to remain the same but that does not necessarily apply to everybody. There is also the question of those who haven't bought an ST but would if it was cheaper.

There then needs to be a correlation between ST prices and PATG, whereby people didn't feel like they were being overcharged on either side.