PDA

View Full Version : McGivern and Craig

Yuillsy
11-06-2014, 04:19 PM
Tin hat on here, there's no doubt both these players were horrendous last season but after hearing Stewart and Williams last night would they be worth keeping for next season?
They're both still under contract and with a new manager who could inspire them and have their confidence brimming would they blossom???

Golden Bear
11-06-2014, 04:22 PM
Tin hat on here, there's no doubt both these players were horrendous last season but after hearing Stewart and Williams last night would they be worth keeping for next season?
They're both still under contract and with a new manager who could inspire them and have their confidence brimming would they blossom???

Craig perhaps, but I'd chase Mcgivern as I never want to see that guy in a Hibs jersey again.

Saorsa
11-06-2014, 04:24 PM
They're both still under contract and with a new manager who could inspire them and have their confidence brimming would they blossom???Not for me, I'm afraid. Bigger problem though might be getting rid of them so might be stuck with them anyway.

Booked4Being-Ugly
11-06-2014, 04:27 PM
They're both still under contract and with a new manager who could inspire them and have their confidence brimming would they blossom???2 cowards when the chips were down that also showed little ability - the can both GTF.

Dave-O
11-06-2014, 04:28 PM
No for me either, their as culpable as the others who've been launched.

Kato
11-06-2014, 04:34 PM

We know the strength of their character when the chips are down.

Get rid please.

kaimendhibs
11-06-2014, 04:36 PM
Want them both gone.

Sent from my iphone

greenpaper55
11-06-2014, 04:38 PM
We have Craig and Robertson, they could be the best midfielders in the division next season if the midfield is used this time round !.

Sir David Gray
11-06-2014, 04:38 PM
No thanks.

Both were absolutely horrendous over the last 6 months in particular and we need better if we're going to make a serious attempt at getting back up at the first attempt.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-06-2014, 04:39 PM
I'd maybe keep Craig. McGivern can GTF

Bostonhibby
11-06-2014, 04:42 PM
We know the strength of their character when the chips are down.

Get rid please.

:agree: This, especially in McGiverns case.

B.H.F.C
Craig could probably get in to double figures from midfield in the Championship. But he was absolutely gutless in the latter part of last season which is hard to forgive.

As for McGivern, just naw.

Cameron1875
Should we sponsor them to go on Richard Branson's plan to fly to the moon?

Gustavo Fring
11-06-2014, 04:44 PM
both can beat it

Billychaotic182
11-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Would rather see Todd and Baptie given a shot

Lucius Apuleius
11-06-2014, 04:47 PM
2 x eff aff.

frazeHFC
11-06-2014, 04:47 PM
Nope, both were useless. We need guys who can step up to the plate.

Pete
11-06-2014, 04:49 PM
Craig yes, Mcgivern no.

They new management team will decide though.

KDY Hibs
11-06-2014, 04:51 PM
Craig yes, even if he gets back to his pre Butcher form that should be enough for the Championship - McGivern, absolutley no chance, he is just mince.

Michael
11-06-2014, 04:54 PM
If they end up here for next season I hope they get a chance to make amends for last season. I'd rather they left, but if they are here I think they could be okay if they put the work in and we have an okay man manager.

andy1875
11-06-2014, 05:02 PM
I could listen to someone's argument about Liam Craig being kept as a squad player if I was really toiling. Under no circumstances would he be my first choice number 10 or captain.

As for Ryan McGivern, he can't go quick enough imo. Defensively brutal and his distribtion is nothing short of criminal so a huge NO from me.

Hamitons first goal should tell you everything you need to know about his game.

delbert
11-06-2014, 05:23 PM
Craig yes, even if he gets back to his pre Butcher form that should be enough for the Championship - McGivern, absolutley no chance, he is just mince.

Liam Craig, a world beater when we are two or three up against the likes of Stranraer, but one down to anybody and you would need the Hubble telescope to find him, heart of a slug and same amount of backbone. And as for McGivern, usually the main reason why we go one down to just about anybody ! Two truly awful players symptomatic of why we are in the Championship, hope neither of them are anywhere near this club next season, why on earth will these imposters suddenly manage to raise their standards to mediocre from utter drivel ?

erskine-hibby
11-06-2014, 05:30 PM
I would keep Craig, but Mc Give in can go.

Holmesdale Hibs
11-06-2014, 05:34 PM
I'd keep Craig.

QMU-1875
11-06-2014, 05:35 PM
Hearts apparently in for Craig, don't shoot the messenger.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-06-2014, 05:36 PM
Not what we need for the campaign ahead IMO. Get the feeling these boys only come out to play when the sun is shining and we are three nil up with 15 minutes to go, and the away team have just gone down to 9 men.

trev the hat
11-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Cheeri Cho x2

truehibernian
11-06-2014, 05:42 PM
A midfield in the top flight (or Championship) can't accommodate players who are static, slow and unable to track back - Liam needs to get quicker and stronger if he is to offer us anything, and I really don't see what he will bring to the table if I'm brutally honest. Even with a balance in there, with maybe some braun and some busy players, he doesn't create enough and doesn't shoot enough.

If someone has the time to coach Ryan how to jump and head a ball, beat a man on his outide, pass to a Hibs player, cross a ball without it looking like a beachball being popped up in the air, and how to play offside properly........then I'd keep him :greengrin

Both offer nothing, both can go. Always fancied Callum Booth at left midfield anyway......better balance on the ball, better feet, gets past a player inside and outside when confident.

KDY Hibs
11-06-2014, 05:53 PM
Liam Craig, a world beater when we are two or three up against the likes of Stranraer, but one down to anybody and you would need the Hubble telescope to find him, heart of a slug and same amount of backbone. And as for McGivern, usually the main reason why we go one down to just about anybody ! Two truly awful players symptomatic of why we are in the Championship, hope neither of them are anywhere near this club next season, why on earth will these imposters suddenly manage to raise their standards to mediocre from utter drivel ?

I agree about McGivern,I still think Craig should be given another crack, I thought he showed signs early in the season that he can play a bit, he also played alright for St Johnstone, and maybe it won't work and he will start next season like he finished last season and be hopeless and then we can get rid, I think it is worth the punt..

Winston Ingram
11-06-2014, 05:59 PM

This. Play him in his right position I'm sure he'll come good

LeithBoozy
11-06-2014, 06:02 PM
IMO both of them have had more than enough chances. :rolleyes:

Aldo
11-06-2014, 06:03 PM
Craig doesn't deserve to be at the club following his performances and he can take McGivern with him.

11-06-2014, 06:07 PM
McGivern I thought looked a decent player when we first signed him but turned out to be complete murder. Would MAYBE keep Craig but was pretty disappointed in his leadership abilities in the second half of the season. He looked disinterested and when the chips were down you didn't see him rallying the players etc tryna motivate everyone - only one I really saw doing that was Thompson. If we do keep Craig I wouldn't want him to be captain - not a strong enough leader.

Onion
11-06-2014, 06:08 PM
These players are finished at Hibs. We need a completely fresh start and these two carry too much baggage. As meek and soft a Captain as our proud club has ever had. And a defender who has collapsed into a sorry heap of a player.

No thanks.

weonlywon6-2
11-06-2014, 06:09 PM
We have Craig and Robertson, they could be the best midfielders in the division next season if the midfield is used this time round !.

You probably have a point here.If the stories about butchers rank coaching then a new manager could come in and get some of them playing like they should

malagahibby
11-06-2014, 06:10 PM
I think if you listen to some players the management team wore players confidence down.
Craig and Mc Givern are good players -new manager and their confidence will be high again and they will produce.
McGivern last season and especially the season before was a good player for the hibees.
Harris also looked like he had never seen a football in his life from march onwards.

Persevere80
11-06-2014, 06:19 PM
I can see where the op is coming from. With a lot of areas over the park needing filled we may find ourselves stuck with them.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Stuarty27
11-06-2014, 06:58 PM
The two main culprits were are in this mess!!

I'll not re new my season ticket if both these imposters evert play for hibs again

11-06-2014, 07:06 PM
The two main culprits were are in this mess!!

I'll not re new my season ticket if both these imposters evert play for hibs again

Makes sense, hit the whole club in the pocket because of two players :rolleyes: shouldn't it make you want to give hibs money in order to be able to afford better? If everyone withdrew their money then players like McGivern would be our only options.

Brightside
11-06-2014, 07:10 PM
I'll happily give McGivern a lift all the way to lands end. A terrible player, shocking professional and only a footballer in his head.

Stuarty27
Why don't you buy me a season ticket then!

Am sick to death watching terrible footballers that are going through the motions week in week out not giving a flying f the position the clubs in!

While we are at it you can throw Micheal Nelson into that list

Scottie
I would like them both out of Hibs. Saying that I'll be very disappointed if any of the squad that took us to relegation are anywhere near the team next season.

A complete clear out is needed from top to bottom of this club.

Lang Toun Hibs
11-06-2014, 07:17 PM
I'd keep both if we could but I suspect we won't.

judas
11-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Craig perhaps, but I'd chase Mcgivern as I never want to see that guy in a Hibs jersey again.

this

11-06-2014, 07:25 PM
Why don't you buy me a season ticket then!

Am sick to death watching terrible footballers that are going through the motions week in week out not giving a flying f the position the clubs in!

While we are at it you can throw Micheal Nelson into that list

I'm sick to death of watching absolute garbage as well, we have had some absolutely stinking players over the years but without fans money we will have a hell of a lot more than gash players to worry about believe me.

Bob Box Fish
11-06-2014, 07:48 PM
I would get rid of them both.

Mcgivern has been shocking for longer than I can remember and Craig needs a fresh challenge somewhere else.

(((Fergus)))
11-06-2014, 10:09 PM
Craig might lack some ability but the other one (sick boy) lacks shame.

gorgie greens
11-06-2014, 10:22 PM
Yes to Craig defo NO to McGivern and he can take his partner in crime Neilson with him,both where gutless phannies and drove me nuts everytime i had the misfortune to watch them play.
Disagree with other posts about Hanlon as i feel he gives his all everytime he pulls on that shirt and if his main fault was getting pulled out of position trying to cover the mistakes left by these two imposters

neil7908
11-06-2014, 10:29 PM
Craig has shown with St Johnstone that he can be a quality SPL player and having only been here a year, I think he's worth another shot. It's interesting that he's been linked with moves to the current Scottish Cup holders and the team that finished 3rd last year.

McGivern has been here a while though and has never really done enough for me. I'd be looking to shift him on.

The_Horde
11-06-2014, 10:33 PM
If the new manager thinks Craig can do a job then I'll back him.

But if McGivern or Nelson are in a hibs shirt at the start of the new season I won't be paying to watch them.

allezsauzee
11-06-2014, 10:38 PM
So Craig who has demonstrated himself to be a good quality SPL player for years, has 1 poor season in a team that had no creativity all season and he's not good enough for us? I'm sure most teams in the SPL would take him, whether they could afford his terms is another matter. McGivern isn't great but clearly is suffering from low confidence which Butcher was unable to lift. He's definitely good enough for championship though.

truehibernian
11-06-2014, 10:49 PM
So Craig who has demonstrated himself to be a good quality SPL player for years, has 1 poor season in a team that had no creativity all season and he's not good enough for us? I'm sure most teams in the SPL would take him, whether they could afford his terms is another matter. McGivern isn't great but clearly is suffering from low confidence which Butcher was unable to lift. He's definitely good enough for championship though.

Let's hope so :aok:

Forza Fred
12-06-2014, 02:37 AM

My sentiments too.

Craig can't go anywhere but forwards under a new leader who doesn't mAke completely by passing the midfield mandatory, but McGivern simply can't pass the ball