PDA

View Full Version : Paul Kane's gear...

3pm
11-06-2014, 12:07 PM
If Paul Kane is going to represent the fans, he's going to have to get better gear than the shirt he has on in this article.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27793273

That's not Hibs class. :greengrin

Future17
11-06-2014, 12:11 PM
Initially thought this was going to be a thread about how Kano was going to fund buying Petrie out, but sweet bejesus!

I wouldn't use that as a dishtowel. :greengrin

DarrenSQH
11-06-2014, 12:11 PM
Said on saturday that it looks like something off a Jacamo advert

MG1965
11-06-2014, 12:13 PM
The old table cloths never go out of fashion.

Peevemor
11-06-2014, 12:15 PM
I don't care about his shirt, but if he's going to represent the fans, then he'll have to come up with something more coherent than

"Why did they wait two weeks to get rid of Terry Butcher, if it wasn't already in their minds?" he added.
"Is it because they thought the supporters wouldn't understand the situation that they've put it on to Leeann Dempster's watch, when we know it's been under Rod Petrie's watch?

I've honestly no idea what point he's trying to make.

AndyM_1875
11-06-2014, 12:20 PM
I don't care about his shirt, but if he's going to represent the fans, then he'll have to come up with something more coherent than

He's trying to manipulate the circumstances to fit his simplistic agenda.

And failing....

calder45a
11-06-2014, 12:29 PM

Hes stating that Petrie still in charge.

Dashing Bob S
11-06-2014, 12:35 PM
Seconded. A style abomination to rival Petrie's tache.

jodjam
11-06-2014, 12:37 PM
70% of Hibs fans don't like his dress sense.

Crazyhorse
11-06-2014, 12:41 PM
If Paul Kane is going to represent the fans, he's going to have to get better gear than the shirt he has on in this article.

He looks fatter than the last time I saw him.

Spike Mandela
11-06-2014, 12:56 PM
I feel like I've stumbed on to Jambosboakback.com reading this thread.

Steven_Hibs
11-06-2014, 01:06 PM

He's basically saying that they've made it look like Leanne's decision rather than Rod's failing... again

Steven_Hibs
11-06-2014, 01:07 PM
He's trying to manipulate the circumstances to fit his simplistic agenda.

And failing....

It's the best agenda the fans will have seen for years. More fans at the protest than season tickets sold tells it's own story

Hibernia Na Eir
11-06-2014, 01:16 PM
initially thought Kano was up tae nae good wi the 'gear". ....

;-)

Keith_M
11-06-2014, 01:19 PM
Are yous sayin' Kano's gear's no the business?

Anybody get the feeling he shops at the Albert Square Market...

:wink:

Peevemor
11-06-2014, 01:24 PM
It's the best agenda the fans will have seen for years. More fans at the protest than season tickets sold tells it's own story

Is that fact?

I've seen other estimates that show 1700-2000 at the rally and 4.5k STs sold.

Coco Bryce
11-06-2014, 01:36 PM
Heard Kano on Radio Scotland around 7.15 this morning, sounded like he was just out his kip, his brain hadn't really engaged with his mouth yet and he was mumbling away thinking of what he wanted to say. :greengrin

Coco Bryce
11-06-2014, 01:37 PM
Is that fact?

I've seen other estimates that show 1700-2000 at the rally and 4.5k STs sold.

I heard nowhere near that amount :confused:

Peevemor
11-06-2014, 01:43 PM

Someone on here posted that there had been 40-odd winners announced to date for the "1 in a hundred" ST prize draw thing, which would equate to 4k+ STs sold.

I've no idea how accurate that is.

Mark79
11-06-2014, 01:45 PM

Looks like sort of gear you wear.

Keith_M
11-06-2014, 01:46 PM

You stated on another thread that it was around 2,000. On the same thread, another poster suggested it was 6,000.

Any chance you could have a discussion with the other guy and compare sources or something?

Coco Bryce
11-06-2014, 01:46 PM
Someone on here posted that there had been 40-odd winners announced to date for the "1 in a hundred" ST prize draw thing, which would equate to 4k+ STs sold.

I've no idea how accurate that is.

Who knows Peevemor :confused:

There's no way it 6k odd as someone suggested on another thread that's for sure.

hibbymick
11-06-2014, 05:31 PM
Heard Kano on Radio Scotland around 7.15 this morning, sounded like he was just out his kip, his brain hadn't really engaged with his mouth yet and he was mumbling away thinking of what he wanted to say. :greengrin

That was cringeworthy listening to him this morning. How many times did he say " at the end of the day" :rolleyes: He completely forgot what he was talking about and had to be helped out by the interviewer. I reckon he should leave the media to someone a bit more capable.

Cameron1875
11-06-2014, 05:36 PM
Threads like this are great.
Very easy to see the Petrie Yes men on this board by slagging Kane's dress sense, sentence structure etc.

Chibs
11-06-2014, 05:54 PM
I feel like I've stumbed on to Jambosboakback.com reading this thread.
Me too.

weonlywon6-2
11-06-2014, 06:11 PM

Theres nothing wrong with having your grannies tablecloth as your shirt,if you look on the left hand side you can see a tea cup stain

147lothian
11-06-2014, 06:26 PM
This is a good thread for outing the posters who think you can't be messenger boy between club an absent owner unless you have a gay mouser, slagging a shirt, jeezo

Golden Bear
11-06-2014, 06:31 PM

That was embarrassing!!

At the end of the day, at the end of the day, at the end of the day, blah, blah, blah!

Viva_Palmeiras
11-06-2014, 06:37 PM

62.07% of stats are made up ;)

judas
11-06-2014, 06:45 PM
Did anyone hear PK this morning?

He sounded as if he had just risen from a deep sleep, with a hangover.

He talked in riddles and appeared unable to complete a sentence.

He forgot what he was saying halfway through, and repeated the same line 3 times before it came to him.

I was squirming in my seat as I drove to work. He made that twat Gary McKay look like an enthusiastic intellectual heavyweight.

Sorry guys, but PK should not be representing Hibs fans and I can tell you, that I am not following this guy. The man is incoherent and, in a serious situation, his inability to express himself is an impediment standing in the way if our objective.

11-06-2014, 06:50 PM
Anyone got a recording of it as I never heard it.

I heard someone else saying the same thing about it earlier actually.

sidjames
11-06-2014, 06:52 PM
If our objective is what? Come on finish off.

Waxy
11-06-2014, 06:55 PM
I never get to watch This Morning due to work.

Weststandwanab
11-06-2014, 07:05 PM

Really did you ask ever supporter to ascertain the percentage ?

Did anyone hear PK this morning?

He sounded as if he had just risen from a deep sleep, with a hangover.

He talked in riddles and appeared unable to complete a sentence.

He forgot what he was saying halfway through, and repeated the same line 3 times before it came to him.

I was squirming in my seat as I drove to work. He made that twat Gary McKay look like an enthusiastic intellectual heavyweight.

Sorry guys, but PK should not be representing Hibs fans and I can tell you, that I am not following this guy. The man is incoherent and, in a serious situation, his inability to express himself is an impediment standing in the way if our objective.

Excuse the MQ but I thought PK spoke very well.

judas
11-06-2014, 07:17 PM
Really did you ask ever supporter to ascertain the percentage ?

Excuse the MQ but I thought PK spoke very well.

what's an MQ and admins why did you move my post, which is about the performance of PK this morning to a post about his dress sense with a smattering of criticism about his awful discourse?

Dave-O
11-06-2014, 07:19 PM
what's an MQ and admins why did you move my post, which is about the performance of PK this morning to a post about his dress sense with a smattering of criticism about his awful discourse?

MQ....that will be the multiquote :wink:

OsloHibs
11-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Public speaking is not for him. My opinion!

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-06-2014, 08:10 PM

07:15 in the morning? That's early. Ah well, first up, best dressed,as the saying goes.

chippy
11-06-2014, 08:31 PM
I am proud of our great ex- players leading the campaign to oust Petrie and to open up some dialogue with the absent owner. I recall Kano as a classy midfielder with an eye for goal and a smart lad who managed his own career well. Sure some of the posts are jokey regarding his attire and spoken language, which appears fine to me. Nothing wrong with his use of a colloquial scots dialect. People should really not link levels of intellect with someone using their own native language. I reckon some out there might be underestimating Kano. I for one am so pleased that someone of his standing has put his head above the parapet. We do need fan leadership to get the club back into the hands of Hibs supporters. Whether it's a fan ownership or partial fan ownership model I'm open minded. I say power to his elbow Kano and let's flush out Petrie and sadly the absent owner. BTW I do know something about language as I work professionally in this area. Thanks also to Kenny McLean, Simon Pia. Mike Riley, King Paddy, Rourkey, wee Mickey I am in your debt.

CRAZYHIBBY
11-06-2014, 09:02 PM
Have to admit that radio interview was utterly horrendous

heretoday
11-06-2014, 09:41 PM
is he claiming to be a politician ? whats that got to do with anything .

the guy had the balls to stand up and do something about the state our club has been in the last 6 or 7 years , the way we were utterly humiliated and relegated from the worst league in scottish football history

what have you done ? sat back and mocked him for the way he talks

Hear Hear!

Peevemor
11-06-2014, 09:44 PM
is he claiming to be a politician ? whats that got to do with anything .

the guy had the balls to stand up and do something about the state our club has been in the last 6 or 7 years , the way we were utterly humiliated and relegated from the worst league in scottish football history

what have you done ? sat back and mocked him for the way he talks

Leeann Dempster was approached by Hibs in March, when relegation still seemed unlikely, because STF/RP/the board/whoever recognised the need for radical change at the club. When the club officially announced her appointment, they spoke of sweeping changes during the summer. LD sought assurances from STF that she will have full autonomy to do the job the way that she sees fit and has since confirmed this during interviews.

So something was going to be done about the state of our club in any case, without the need for Kano & co. aggravating an already tense situation.

Saorsa
11-06-2014, 09:52 PM
Leeann Dempster was approached by Hibs in March, when relegation still seemed unlikely, because STF/RP/the board/whoever recognised the need for radical change at the club. When the club officially announced her appointment, they spoke of sweeping changes during the summer. LD sought assurances from STF that she will have full autonomy to do the job the way that she sees fit and has since confirmed this during interviews.

So something was going to be done about the state of our club in any case, without the need for Kano & co. aggravating an already tense situation.wouldnae need tae if smug pus would **** off efter making a **** of things for years, he's the one causing the friction, kano is just acting on the wishes of a good number of fans and good on him for doing so and the other former players for joining him.

#petrieout

The_Horde
11-06-2014, 09:52 PM
If he was a politician i'd never vote for him. Public speaking is not for him. My opinion!

But he's not a politician. He's an ex footballer and passionate fan. He's a working class gadgey who cares about his club.

I'd far rather he mumbled his way through an honest speech than sounded like he's just stepped out of 10 Downing Street sounding like a politician but spinning us the same pish that Rod has over the years.

Paul Kane is hibs class.

The people slagging the way a passionate supporter (who's taking a bit of leadership and trying to do the right thing) aren't even as high as hearts class.

Now, about that shirt Paul..

Peevemor
11-06-2014, 09:54 PM
wouldnae need tae if smug pus would **** off efter making a **** of things for years, he's the one causing the friction, kano is just acting on the wishes of a good number of fans and good on him.

Do you think that appointing Leeann Dempster was a good decision?

The_Horde
11-06-2014, 09:57 PM
Do you think that appointing Leeann Dempster was a good decision?

It was the right decision. But it should've been the right decision years ago.

He's too late. Petrie oot.

Peevemor
11-06-2014, 09:59 PM
;4058772']It was the right decision. But it should've been the right decision years ago.

He's too late. Petrie oot.

IIRC, LD herself said that she wouldn't have been ready for the job 2 years ago. I found that comment quite interesting :hmmm:

The_Horde
11-06-2014, 10:06 PM
IIRC, LD herself said that she wouldn't have been ready for the job 2 years ago. I found that comment quite interesting :hmmm:

And Dempster is the only person who could've done the job?

Don't get me wrong I'm not having a dig at her but you can't tell me RP said to himself I'm gonna hand over the reigns once Dempster is ready in 2 years?

And if she'd turned us down then we just stick with the faceless one?

Peevemor
11-06-2014, 10:15 PM
;4058783']And Dempster is the only person who could've done the job?

Don't get me wrong I'm not having a dig at her but you can't tell me RP said to himself I'm gonna hand over the reigns once Dempster is ready in 2 years?

And if she'd turned us down then we just stick with the faceless one?

I think that given the onfield success at Motherwell, LD certainly has the credibility to do the job as well as the clout/strength of personality to command the respect of both the board and the fans. I honestly can't think of anyone else who fulfils these criteria (though there may well be others).

As for the 2 year thing, I just thought it strange that she mentioned it out of the blue (again IIRC).

The_Horde
11-06-2014, 10:18 PM
I think that given the onfield success at Motherwell, LD certainly has the credibility to do the job as well as the clout/strength of personality to command the respect of both the board and the fans. I honestly can't think of anyone else who fulfils these criteria (though there may well be others).

As for the 2 year thing, I just thought it strange that she mentioned it out of the blue (again IIRC).

So Petrie admits he's ***** and waits 2 years. During this time he's still doing all the jobs he's admitted he can't do. Resulting in us being relegated and playing bottom 6 football.

Even more reason ****IMHO**** he should go but I very much doubt this is how it went. In fact I'd put everything I own on it.

Peevemor
11-06-2014, 10:26 PM
;4058799']So Petrie admits he's ***** and waits 2 years. During this time he's still doing all the jobs he's admitted he can't do. Resulting in us being relegated and playing bottom 6 football.

Even more reason he should go but I very much doubt this is how it went. In fact I'd put everything I own on it.

"Even more reason... "

So has this become fact now then?

"I overheard somebody saying to Jordi Cruyff on the no 27 bus that they seen Petrie in Greggs and it looks like he may have been wearing odd socks..."

"JESUS CHRIST! Even more reason... "

Repeat as unnecessary...

The_Horde
11-06-2014, 10:28 PM
"Even more reason... "

"I overheard somebody saying to Jordi Cruyff on the no 27 bus that they seen Petrie in Greggs and it looks like he may have been wearing odd socks..."

Repeat as unnecessary...

Oh I'm sorry. Did I forget to put in one of your IIRC's or IMHO's?

Please accept my apologies and it won't happen again your lordship.

cabbageandribs1875
11-06-2014, 10:37 PM
"Even more reason... "

Repeat as unnecessary...

i thought it was the number 26, has dempster changed the bus routes as well :greengrin

Peevemor
11-06-2014, 10:40 PM
i thought it was the number 26, has dempster changed the bus routes as well :greengrin

AAAAARGHHH!!!

All the more reason...

The_Horde
11-06-2014, 10:44 PM
AAAAARGHHH!!!

All the more reason...

No need to be a, just posting my opinion. Is that not what this messageboards for?

hibbymick
12-06-2014, 05:20 AM
What's this " Hibs class" ? Some folk seem to drop it in now and again and I'm honestly wondering what it is.

Hibernia Na Eir
12-06-2014, 06:22 AM
Anyone see Robbie Neilson on news last night?
dear oh dear. talk about hideous clothes?
some kind of orange cardigan (overly too big) complemented by a grey jumper underneath. That's how (not) to do it !!!
WTF??!!
least Kano isn't a current player or MANAGER!!!

capitals_finest
12-06-2014, 01:00 PM
;4058763']But he's not a politician. He's an ex footballer and passionate fan. He's a working class gadgey who cares about his club.

I'd far rather he mumbled his way through an honest speech than sounded like he's just stepped out of 10 Downing Street sounding like a politician but spinning us the same pish that Rod has over the years.

Paul Kane is hibs class.

The people slagging the way a passionate supporter (who's taking a bit of leadership and trying to do the right thing) aren't even as high as hearts class.

Now, about that shirt Paul..

Well said. Some people need to get off their high horse. It sounds yammish.

If anyone slagging him off thinks they can do better then feel free to step up...

Swedish hibee
12-06-2014, 09:03 PM
No, I agree. If your going to present yourself in public and front a "campaign" then you must be able to public speak and present yourself positively to the media and not stutter, stumble and avoid questions on where the campaign is going.

Phil D. Rolls
12-06-2014, 09:09 PM
"Even more reason... "

Repeat as unnecessary...

Only conversations on the 26 count. Just ask Ruud Gullit.

blackpoolhibs
12-06-2014, 09:41 PM
What's this " Hibs class" ? Some folk seem to drop it in now and again and I'm honestly wondering what it is.

Its something some folk like to spout when they think we should be doing or indeed not doing something better, it always goes over my head, and to be honest i think its a load of sheite.

3pm
12-06-2014, 09:45 PM
Its something some folk like to spout when they think we should be doing or indeed not doing something better, it always goes over my head, and to be honest i think its a load of sheite.

No it's no as it's on my stone at the East Terracing! :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
12-06-2014, 09:48 PM

There you go, i'm right. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
12-06-2014, 10:03 PM

Hibs class. :aok:

The_Horde
13-06-2014, 12:37 AM

That's definitely not hibs class.

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2014, 12:29 PM
;4060610']That's definitely not hibs class.

Great news, never want to be associated with that pish anyway. :aok: