PDA

View Full Version : They don't get it, do they?

Sudds_1
11-06-2014, 10:28 AM
"....Rod Petrie could step down as Hibs chairman but keep his place on the board in a move being considered by the Easter Road club to help encourage season ticket sales"

The majority view is that we can't move on until Petrie has no association with the Board at any level..................

.......is his desire for the SFA presidency so important to the club that they cant see that? :rolleyes::confused:

Beefster
11-06-2014, 10:33 AM
That's exactly what has been suggested on here by a number of posters as a solution, isn't it?

Weststandwanab
11-06-2014, 10:34 AM
Far too sensible.

Sudds_1
11-06-2014, 10:37 AM
That's exactly what has been suggested on here by a number of posters as a solution, isn't it?

Perhaps, I confess I haven't had the time to read every thread.

But my own take on what I've seen thus far is a general consensus that Petre should step down from the Board entirely. That separation will instill greater confidence that he no longer has any influence - something that I think still affects season ticket sales while he hangs on (in any capacity).

Keith_M
11-06-2014, 10:42 AM
"....Rod Petrie could step down as Hibs chairman but keep his place on the board in a move being considered by the Easter Road club to help encourage season ticket sales"

The majority view is that we can't move on until Petrie has no association with the Board at any level..................

.......is his desire for the SFA presidency so important to the club that they cant see that? :rolleyes::confused:

I think it's so important to Petrie.

Anyway, maybe it would be a decent compromise

:dunno:

Future17
11-06-2014, 10:46 AM

I'm not 100% sure who the "they" you've referred to are, but from your last sentence you seem to be suggesting that you mean "the club". If my understanding is correct, Rod Petrie owns 10% of the Club; why would he go anywhere and leave his sizeable interest in the hands of others?

Turkish Green
11-06-2014, 10:51 AM
When the yams kicked out the Pieman, he was so desperate to keep his kooshie SFA position with all the perks that it was mooted that he become a director of Gala Fairydean.

I have no time for this. Hibs are in turmoil. They were taken into relegation by the previous incompetent. Petrie should be concentrating 100% of his efforts on attempting to fix the unfixable.

If doing the right thing (just do it Rod) for Hibs means he loses his comfy chair then sobeit.

If the SFA like RP so much they can give him a paid position.

PETRIE OOT

Sudds_1
11-06-2014, 10:52 AM
I'm not 100% sure who the "they" you've referred to are, but from your last sentence you seem to be suggesting that you mean "the club". If my understanding is correct, Rod Petrie owns 10% of the Club; why would he go anywhere and leave his sizeable interest in the hands of others?

One would hope he sold his interest and cut all ties..............

Ringothedog
11-06-2014, 11:59 AM

Sell his interest to who? Do you know anybody with a spare £1m who would be stupid enough to buy them ? He will not leave our club whilst STF owns it. It is about time our fans realised this, started rallying to the cause, backed the club with the focus being on getting us out of the ****ty league we now find ourselves in.

Future17
11-06-2014, 12:08 PM

It's not as if we're aware of him turning down any offers though is it?

Regardless of people's opinions of Petrie, he's more than an employee who can be punted to solve all our ills. His own interest and his ties to Farmer make this situation a lot more complex than most people are acknowledging.

madhatter
11-06-2014, 12:09 PM

where did this statement come from? BBC Sport or something?

Ringothedog
11-06-2014, 12:12 PM
It's not as if we're aware of him turning down any offers though is it?

Regardless of people's opinions of Petrie, he's more than an employee who can be punted to solve all our ills. His own interest and his ties to Farmer make this situation a lot more complex than most people are acknowledging.

:agree:

Hibbyradge
11-06-2014, 12:20 PM
where did this statement come from? BBC Sport or something?

The Scotsman rumour mill. :rolleyes:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/rumour-mill-rangers-share-issue-terry-butcher-celtic-tartan-strip-1-3440050

Sudds_1
11-06-2014, 12:20 PM
Sell his interest to who? Do you know anybody with a spare £1m who would buy be stupid enough to buy them ? He will not leave our club whilst STF owns it. It is about time our fans realised this, started rallying to the cause, backed the club with the focus being on getting us out of the ****ty league we now find ourselves in.

The two are not mutually exclusive.....................

I am 100% behind the backing of the club as we try to get out of the Championship . And 100% committed to removing Petrie from the Board.

Sudds_1
11-06-2014, 12:21 PM
The Scotsman rumour mill. :rolleyes:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/rumour-mill-rangers-share-issue-terry-butcher-celtic-tartan-strip-1-3440050

beat me to it :greengrin

Ringothedog
11-06-2014, 12:25 PM
The two are not mutually exclusive.....................

I am 100% behind the backing of the club as we try to get out of the Championship . And 100% committed to removing Petrie from the Board.

The problem we have is that some of our "fans" have difficulty in doing one thing at a time, never mind two :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
11-06-2014, 12:36 PM
Petrie has become a massive albatross around the club's neck. If we want to sell ST's, he has to go.

blindsummit
11-06-2014, 01:02 PM
Petrie has become a massive albatross around the club's neck. If we want to sell ST's, he has to go.

yes but what flavour is the albatross??

carnoustiehibee
11-06-2014, 01:14 PM

If Petrie has any ounce of business brain under that thick moustache he would realise that leaving hibs would be benifical to his 10% stake

The reason were in the ****ty championship is because of his continual failings

Why can't some fans not realise this.

Thecat23
11-06-2014, 01:24 PM
The man just can't bring himself to leave the club altogether. Until this happens the support will be split in my eyes.

Just leave Hibs, don't be on the board don't have any input just go. His arrogance is unreal. His presence leaves a dark cloud over ER no matter what part he plays on the board. When he goes I feel the support will fully back Leeann and ST sales will rise.

Aldo
11-06-2014, 01:30 PM
The man just can't bring himself to leave the club altogether. Until this happens the support will be split in my eyes. Just leave Hibs, don't be on the board don't have any input just go. His arrogance is unreal. His presence leaves a dark cloud over ER no matter what part he plays on the board. When he goes I feel the support will fully back Leeann and ST sales will rise.

TC I don't think Petrie will ever leave as long as STF owns the club.

WestStandMoaner
11-06-2014, 01:46 PM
The man just can't bring himself to leave the club altogether. Until this happens the support will be split in my eyes.

Just leave Hibs, don't be on the board don't have any input just go. His arrogance is unreal. His presence leaves a dark cloud over ER no matter what part he plays on the board. When he goes I feel the support will fully back Leeann and ST sales will rise.

I agree, the man has no shame, as long as he is there he will split the support, the fact he has not left tells you he is only interested in his own ambitions and really could not care less for Hibs and to all those fans who think LD needs a hand over period, if she does then she is not up to the task, she has worked with a Premier League team for six years so there is no need for Petrie to stay around. As long as he does a majority of fans will never believe LD is in charge. PETRIE OUT

greenlex
11-06-2014, 01:47 PM
I think I am right in saying that Petrie does not hold 10% of shares in Hibs but 10% of the company that owns a huge percentage of Hibs Shares. He doesn't need to be on the board but if he is he certainly shouldn't have the chairmanship hat on. Deciding vote and all that.

Brightside
11-06-2014, 02:02 PM
Bored now.

Alfred E Newman
11-06-2014, 02:06 PM
At the moment I couldn't care less whether Petrie stays or goes. I am more concerned about what sort of team we will be watching next season and who will be managing that team.

MWHIBBIES
11-06-2014, 02:17 PM
Farmer can sack him anytime, moan at Farmer.

Turkish Green
11-06-2014, 02:25 PM
Bored now.

At the moment I couldn't care less whether Petrie stays or goes. I am more concerned about what sort of team we will be watching next season and who will be managing that team.

This is the sort of response from supporters that RP is looking for. Apathy.

What's the betting that this time next year RP will still be where he is now. Hibs will have sacked yet another manager to appease the supporters and the same people will be protesting. And Kano will be just that little bit stouter (requiring a new dishcloth).

PETRIE OOT

Sudds_1
11-06-2014, 02:25 PM

I agree Cat..........and basically the point of ny original post. Until he goes the split within the support will remain...........and thats bad news preventing us moving foward as one.

Sudds_1
11-06-2014, 02:29 PM
The problem we have is that some of our "fans" have difficulty in doing one thing at a time, never mind two :greengrin

:greengrin:greengrin:wink:

marinello59
11-06-2014, 02:35 PM

No it won't. The vast majority will still want him out, that won't change. I really can't understand while anybody wouldn't back Leeann Dempster now. She has clearly demonstrated that she is in full command now. Whilst Petrie should do the honourable thing and leave we really do need to start looking to the positives and move forward.

Beefster
11-06-2014, 02:51 PM

In what way is buying season tickets and getting behind the club for a crucial season apathy?

AlbertK86
11-06-2014, 03:10 PM
The man just can't bring himself to leave the club altogether. Until this happens the support will be split in my eyes. Just leave Hibs, don't be on the board don't have any input just go. His arrogance is unreal. His presence leaves a dark cloud over ER no matter what part he plays on the board. When he goes I feel the support will fully back Leeann and ST sales will rise.

Spot on

WestStandMoaner
11-06-2014, 03:10 PM
No it won't. The vast majority will still want him out, that won't change. I really can't understand while anybody wouldn't back Leeann Dempster now. She has clearly demonstrated that she is in full command now. Whilst Petrie should do the honourable thing and leave we really do need to start looking to the positives and move forward.

How do you work out she is in full command, all I have read this week is she has held meetings with Petrie present, Rod Petrie will not allow anyone to run that club, he has to go, this nonsense about waiting to have a full meeting with Butcher on his return from holiday, he was sacked because after Saturday the pressure is on Petrie and he is n exert on deflecting the focus from him

marinello59
11-06-2014, 03:15 PM
How do you work out she is in full command, all I have read this week is she has held meetings with Petrie present, Rod Petrie will not allow anyone to run that club, he has to go, this nonsense about waiting to have a full meeting with Butcher on his return from holiday, he was sacked because after Saturday the pressure is on Petrie and he is n exert on deflecting the focus from him

So you think her account of Butchers sacking is a pack of lies then? Seriously?
And by the way THAT club is OUR club.

CropleyWasGod
11-06-2014, 03:29 PM

She had a long meeting herself with TB on Monday, and then reported to the Board yesterday, with HER recommendations.

Her words.

Sumner
11-06-2014, 03:48 PM
She had a long meeting herself with TB on Monday, and then reported to the Board yesterday, with HER recommendations.

Her words.

Well.. her words, or at least her story.. which she looked VERY uncomfortable putting forward as the party line on the news last night.. heavy hints of a puppet master pulling the strings and LD having to comply.

(the puppet master having a tache by the way).

CropleyWasGod
11-06-2014, 03:51 PM
Well.. her words, or at least her story.. which she looked VERY uncomfortable putting forward as the party line on the news last night.. heavy hints of a puppet master pulling the strings and LD having to comply.

So she's lying? 11 days into the job, and she's at it already?

:rolleyes:

Sumner
11-06-2014, 03:53 PM
So she's lying? 11 days into the job, and she's at it already?

:rolleyes:

Lying you say? Strong words, but if that's what you think
.. "skewing", "towing the line", "certain point of view"...

.. walk like a Tache, sounds & smells like the Tache, maybe it's the..

Jonnyboy
11-06-2014, 03:55 PM

In your 'skewed' opinion

CropleyWasGod
11-06-2014, 03:56 PM
Lying you say? Strong words, but if that's what you think
.. "skewing", "towing the line", "certain point of view"...

.. walk like a Tache, sounds & smells like the Tache, maybe it's the..

I'm certainly not saying she's lying. I actually believe her.

If she says that she had a long meeting with TB, alone, and then put her recommendations to the Board the following day, she is either telling the truth or she isn't.

Sumner
11-06-2014, 04:00 PM
I'm certainly not saying she's lying. I actually believe her.

If she says that she had a long meeting with TB, alone, and then put her recommendations to the Board the following day, she is either telling the truth or she isn't.

Which may or may not have been upheld, or given the increase in attention to Petrie, might have been a timeous deflection of the spotlight to bullet Butcher, LD decision? Maybe it suited RP more?..

CropleyWasGod
11-06-2014, 04:03 PM
Which may or may not have been upheld, or given the increase in attention to Petrie, might have been a timeous deflection of the spotlight to bullet Butcher, LD decision? Maybe it suited RP more?..

You miss my point. She told her story. She is either lying or she told the truth. I think the latter.

Sumner
11-06-2014, 04:11 PM
You miss my point. She told her story. She is either lying or she told the truth. I think the latter.

Good for you.

Beefster
11-06-2014, 04:16 PM

You've resorted to the classic conspiracy theorist tactic of asking hypothetical questions.

"I haven't got a clue but I cannot accept the official line because that goes against everything that I've believed up to this point. Instead I'm going to ask a series of questions designed to throw doubt in some way on what actually happened".

CropleyWasGod
11-06-2014, 04:17 PM
Good for you.

Yeah, I think it is good. As others before me have said, it's unfair to condemn her 11 days into her job and dismiss her as a liar, just because it fits into one particular agenda.

blackpoolhibs
11-06-2014, 04:21 PM

What's the betting that this time next year RP will still be where he is now. Hibs will have sacked yet another manager to appease the supporters and the same people will be protesting. And Kano will be just that little bit stouter (requiring a new dishcloth).

PETRIE OOT

Yip i agree 100%, the pressure should be tightened in my opinion. It is possible to support Dempster but still want Petrie out, and continue to protest for him to leave.

Beefster
11-06-2014, 04:24 PM
Yip i agree 100%, the pressure should be tightened in my opinion. It is possible to support Dempster but still want Petrie out, and continue to protest for him to leave.

Seeing as you agree, you might be able to answer my question. My old man and I have renewed our STs, bought cup top-ups and will drag our erses to ER every second week to support the team in trying to get back up. Now that Dempster is in charge, neither of us could really give two hoots whether Rodders is on the board or not. How is that apathy?

blackpoolhibs
11-06-2014, 04:33 PM
Seeing as you agree, you might be able to answer my question. My old man and I have renewed our STs, bought cup top-ups and will drag our erses to ER every second week to support the team in trying to get back up. Now that Dempster is in charge, neither of us could really give two hoots whether Rodders is on the board or not. How is that apathy?

You are not feeling it, but i know plenty who are. In fact i spoke to one yesterday who doesn't give a toss anymore. A season ticket holder for years.

Myself and my mate Billy who were both season ticket holders until season before last are also not that bothered anymore, and are miles away from ever renewing. Thats apathy in anyone's book.

Beefster
11-06-2014, 04:39 PM
You are not feeling it, but i know plenty who are. In fact i spoke to one yesterday who doesn't give a toss anymore. A season ticket holder for years.

Myself and my mate Billy who were both season ticket holders until season before last are also not that bothered anymore, and are miles away from ever renewing. Thats apathy in anyone's book.

I agree with you about apathy towards Hibs but the apathy the other poster was talking about was in relation to the campaign to get Rodders binned. The apathy we agree on is a symptom of how pish we've been for years (without getting into the reasons for it).

Waxy
11-06-2014, 04:41 PM
For every oldie season ticket holder whos lost the will to live and doesnt renew there will be a youngster buying his first ticket all excited at the thought who will even it out.
The football meat train continues.
To all the oldies giving up, enjoy the bowls.

blackpoolhibs
11-06-2014, 04:47 PM
I agree with you about apathy towards Hibs but the apathy the other poster was talking about was in relation to the campaign to get Rodders binned. The apathy we agree on is a symptom of how pish we've been for years (without getting into the reasons for it).

Well the same blokes i mentioned have all said some very disparaging things about frod to me in the last few days. They all think he's hugely responsible for where we are, and responsible in a big way for their feelings and my feeling of apathy towards all things Hibs.

Gustavo Fring
11-06-2014, 04:47 PM
For every oldie season ticket holder whos lost the will to live and doesnt renew there will be a youngster buying his first ticket all excited at the thought who will even it out.
The football meat train continues.
To all the oldies giving up, enjoy the bowls.

the youngsters think petrie is a bawbag

Waxy
11-06-2014, 04:51 PM
the youngsters think petrie is a bawbag
The youngsters are spot on. Hibs will be here long after petrie has gone.

Future17
11-06-2014, 05:22 PM
If Petrie has any ounce of business brain under that thick moustache he would realise that leaving hibs would be benifical to his 10% stake

The reason were in the ****ty championship is because of his continual failings

Why can't some fans not realise this.

Probably because either:

a) It's not true, or
b) If it is true, nobody has ever clearly and categorically shown it to be true.

I assume from the wording of your post that you think you know better than some other fans - could you list and explain his "continual failings" from a business perspective please?

emerald green
11-06-2014, 05:35 PM

:agree: Spot on.

NAE NOOKIE
11-06-2014, 06:02 PM
Sell his interest to who? Do you know anybody with a spare £1m who would be stupid enough to buy them ? He will not leave our club whilst STF owns it. It is about time our fans realised this, started rallying to the cause, backed the club with the focus being on getting us out of the ****ty league we now find ourselves in.

No matter how much damage he does to the finances and unity of the club by staying. There are a number of fans who don't want to renew while he stays ...... Like you I don't think they should do that. But a number of them will, Petrie going will solve that problem at a stroke.

Perhaps the question should be why is Petrie prepared to allow the club to be damaged when according to him he has handed over total control to Leeann Dempster? Given that fact the only reason must be to preserve his chances of top job at the SFA.

What a selfish ******* !!!

Lago
11-06-2014, 06:08 PM

Absolutely correct.

Paisley Hibby
11-06-2014, 07:41 PM

This.