PDA

View Full Version : how many season tickets sold ?

Gustavo Fring
11-06-2014, 07:29 AM
anyone know how many season tickets we have sold for next season ? the answer will probably be embarrassingly low for a club like hibs

i was planning to buy 1 but will not be doing so until rod petrie is completely removed from the club

Lucius Apuleius
11-06-2014, 07:35 AM
No idea, however I have mine. I will blindly continue to do so as I believe Hibs are bigger than one man and I refuse to deny the club my money. Each to their own.

Greenworld
11-06-2014, 07:41 AM
What exactly is the point in that I get the rod thing but its a seperate issue ...you buy your ticket to support your club..the players ...your new ceo who needs it to bring about the change you want. ..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Saorsa
11-06-2014, 07:42 AM
No idea, however I have mine. I will blindly continue to do so as I believe Hibs are bigger than one man and I refuse to deny the club my money. Each to their own.He disnae seem tae think so!

Eternal Hibbie
11-06-2014, 07:45 AM
Butchers departure will certainly entice some supporters to renew their season tickets, we can only hope that he is followed out the door by Mr Petrie in the very near future as clearly this would have a huge impact on season ticket sales.

We need to have total confidence in Leeann Dempster's assertions that it is she and not Petrie now running the show at Easter Road, she has started her tenure at the club very impressively and deserves our total backing.

As an aside does anyone know if Petrie needs involvement in Hibs in some form or another to keep his job with the SFA?

Lucius Apuleius
11-06-2014, 07:48 AM
He disnae seem tae think so!

Disagree mate. I think he will disappear into the background once LD has the reins,very shortly.

Gustavo Fring
11-06-2014, 07:50 AM
Disagree mate. I think he will disappear into the background once LD has the reins,very shortly.

LD apparently already has the reins

yet all the reports of butchers sacking , chairman petrie is the 1st name quoted so if you believe he will dissapear into the backgrouund then your in for a shock

Lucius Apuleius
11-06-2014, 07:52 AM
Your opinion. I disagree. There was always going to be a handover period IMO. I also feel it was correct for Petrie to fire him.

Saorsa
11-06-2014, 07:54 AM
Disagree mate. I think he will disappear into the background once LD has the reins,very shortly.He needs tae disappear full stop. According tae him it's essential for the club that he stays. Arrogant tosser. Essential! Really! Why is that? What is it that only he is capable of or can bring tae this club that makes him so ****in' indespensable? **** all that I can see except division. That says tae me that he thinks he is bigger than this club (and disnae give a toss about the problems his being here causes) and his involvement and that statement yesterday says tae me he's disappearing naewhere.

erskine-hibby
11-06-2014, 07:55 AM
He needs tae disappear full stop. According tae him it's essential for the club that he stays. Essential! Really! Why is that? What is it that only he is capable of or can bring tae this club that makes him so ****in' indespensable? **** all that I can see except division. That say tae me that he thinks he is bigger than this club.

Absobloodylutely.

Lucius Apuleius
11-06-2014, 07:58 AM
Not disagreeing J. I think he has to go completely too. Do I think he will totally go? I don't know to be honest. I do think he will let LD get on with her job without interference. Main reason for this is that I don't think she would allow herself to be dictated to by anyone apart from the owner. I also think that even wityhin his egotistical indispensable self he realises he has to.

erskine-hibby
11-06-2014, 08:04 AM
Not disagreeing J. I think he has to go completely too. Do I think he will totally go? I don't know to be honest. I do think he will let LD get on with her job without interference. Main reason for this is that I don't think she would allow herself to be dictated to by anyone apart from the owner. I also think that even wityhin his egotistical indispensable self he realises he has to.

But has he not stated that he is the conduit between STM and the club? So, ipso facto, he will be speaking to her as the owner would.
He must go, no ifs, buts or maybes.

greenpaper55
11-06-2014, 08:08 AM
Did you know a conduit can be a tube ?, how apt.

greenginger
11-06-2014, 08:19 AM
Petrie will be there as long as STF owns the Club and is securing its debts. STF relies a lot on Petrie with all his businesses and investments and is not going to bump him and deny him his shot at the SFA Presidency.

Petrie needs to resign as HIbs Chairman ASAP and a new chairman, maybe Houston needs to be installed and Petrie should never be quoted again in the media on any Hibs matters except SFA related.

I see this as the only solution to an very damaging rift between the club and a large section of its fans. ( know it won't be enough for some )

Otherwise, every set-back next season will be magnified and distract from the number 1 priority, .......

Get promotion from this f ' n Division.

WestStandMoaner
11-06-2014, 08:29 AM
Petrie will be there as long as STF owns the Club and is securing its debts. STF relies a lot on Petrie with all his businesses and investments and is not going to bump him and deny him his shot at the SFA Presidency.

Petrie needs to resign as HIbs Chairman ASAP and a new chairman, maybe Houston needs to be installed and Petrie should never be quoted again in the media on any Hibs matters except SFA related.

I see this as the only solution to an very damaging rift between the club and a large section of its fans. ( know it won't be enough for some )

Otherwise, every set-back next season will be magnified and distract from the number 1 priority, .......

Get promotion from this f ' n Division.

:agree:

GGTTH07
11-06-2014, 08:31 AM
I'll get one when the new prices are confirmed. And they better have these new prices.

green&left
11-06-2014, 09:51 AM
I'll get one when the new prices are confirmed. And they better have these new prices.

Think we will now. Especially seeing as our entire marketing campaign with the #TBGAWA nonsense is now totally donald ducked. (Well unless we find a replacement manager with the initials TB).

The marketing campaign was s***3 from the start, cringeworthy nonsense to entice us to buy over priced season tickets before we knew what division we were going to be in. Now its totally worthless and outdated.

Shambles from top to bottom.

JollyGreenGiant
11-06-2014, 09:59 AM
anyone know how many season tickets we have sold for next season ? the answer will probably be embarrassingly low for a club like hibs

i was planning to buy 1 but will not be doing so until rod petrie is completely removed from the club

Mentioned on another thread that Petrie told me in BTG before home game against Hamilton, that we had sold 6200, which really surprised me as I didn't think it would be as many!

Keith_M
11-06-2014, 10:21 AM
Mentioned on another thread that Petrie told me in BTG before home game against Hamilton, that we had sold 6200, which really surprised me as I didn't think it would be as many!

Seriously? I'd be totally shocked if that were the case. I thought we would maybe be on about 4k.

andrew70
11-06-2014, 10:27 AM
Seriously? I'd be totally shocked if that were the case. I thought we would maybe be on about 4k.

I am not so sure, a lot of people like to use the payment plan option. Which means you have to sign up nice and early. This may have helped swell the numbers slightly.

Coco Bryce
11-06-2014, 10:28 AM
Just over 2k I heard at the weekend.

green&left
11-06-2014, 10:34 AM
So it was 2000 at the Petrie Out protest at the weekend, then someone mentioned 4400 on here this week, now Petrie said 6200 4 weeks ago. Thanks for clearing that up :greengrin

California-Hibs
11-06-2014, 10:34 AM

Not believing this, surely not!?

Keith_M
11-06-2014, 10:39 AM
........Petrie told me in BTG before home game against Hamilton, that we had sold 6200.........

Just over 2(000) I heard at the weekend.

OK, so maybe you two could have a wee chat and come up with a number between you

:wink:

Dan Sarf
11-06-2014, 10:49 AM
Bit of a shock in the Scotsman's "Rumour Mill" column today. Terry Butcher has been sacked! It's only a rumour at this stage, obviously, but, if it turns out to be true, that might help Season Ticket sales a bit.

silverhibee
11-06-2014, 10:53 AM

I mentioned that we were round about the 4000 figure, Kano said at the rally that it was close to 2500 :shocked: I would expect it to be more than that though, what ever the figure is it won't be anywhere near the 8000 that was sold last season, if there had been a high number of tickets sold then i'm pretty sure the club would have made more of that through the media.

JPrinty
11-06-2014, 11:11 AM
According to the official site there have been 38 winners (as at 11th April) of the 1 in 100 competition so as at 11th April at least 3800 had been sold. Since then I don't think we would have sold many so 4000 odd would be a good estimate.

down-the-slope
11-06-2014, 01:37 PM

Not even close to true

EdinMike
11-06-2014, 01:50 PM
According to the official site there have been 38 winners (as at 11th April) of the 1 in 100 competition so as at 11th April at least 3800 had been sold. Since then I don't think we would have sold many so 4000 odd would be a good estimate.

That's far too sensible an answer ! Its clearly only 1500 !! :rolleyes:

Dashing Bob S
11-06-2014, 01:51 PM
I believe the only way that there will be huge bump up in ST sales is if Petrie goes. Rightly or wrongly, he has now become a symbol in our support of what is wrong with our club. His departure would herald an outbreak of optimism.

Before anybody starts pointing fingers, I shall personally renew, as I always do. But out of around 10 of us who regularly attend, only 3 are currently planning to.

Personally, I think Petrie has got to the point that he believes his time is up, thus the appointment of Leeann Dempster. Whether he actually stays or goes now will probably make little difference in the running of club. But the point is that many people believe it will, and they won't be dissuaded.

I think the next thing to convince him of, is that his continuing presence at the club is a massive deterrent to fans re-investing in Hibs.

JollyGreenGiant
11-06-2014, 01:52 PM
OK, so maybe you two could have a wee chat and come up with a number between you

:wink:

Are you suggesting Petrie has his figures wrong.........

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-06-2014, 01:53 PM
I've heard 4500ish, could be wrong though...

Keith_M
11-06-2014, 01:54 PM
I believe the only way that there will be huge bump up in ST sales is if Petrie goes. ..

I'm not so sure, DB.

If we hired a decent management team then signed players that excited the interest of the fans, I think that would help sell thousands more STs.

Keith_M
11-06-2014, 01:56 PM
Are you suggesting Petrie has his figures wrong.........

No, Coco Bryce is the guy that disagreed with you.

I was suggesting that the two of you discuss it as your figures are so far apart.

Gustavo Fring
11-06-2014, 04:21 PM
I believe the only way that there will be huge bump up in ST sales is if Petrie goes. Rightly or wrongly, he has now become a symbol in our support of what is wrong with our club. His departure would herald an outbreak of optimism.

Before anybody starts pointing fingers, I shall personally renew, as I always do. But out of around 10 of us who regularly attend, only 3 are currently planning to.

Personally, I think Petrie has got to the point that he believes his time is up, thus the appointment of Leeann Dempster. Whether he actually stays or goes now will probably make little difference in the running of club. But the point is that many people believe it will, and they won't be dissuaded.

I think the next thing to convince him of, is that his continuing presence at the club is a massive deterrent to fans re-investing in Hibs.

you've hit the nail on the head there , i have the cash ready to buy 1 , i want to buy 1 but i cant bring myself to hand over the cash knowing he is still there with the final say on board matters

NAE NOOKIE
11-06-2014, 05:37 PM
I cant hurt Hibs in the hope it will get rid of Petrie, its as simple as that. There are a number of ways to register opposition to his presence from inside the ground which I would be more than happy to participate in.

emerald green
11-06-2014, 05:56 PM
I am not so sure, a lot of people like to use the payment plan option. Which means you have to sign up nice and early. This may have helped swell the numbers slightly.

Correct. People like me who renewed in March as an "early bird" when the thought of relegation never entered my head for a second, even though the team was garbage.

silverhibee
12-06-2014, 10:50 AM
When do we expect any news on ST prices, or don't we.

greenpaper55
12-06-2014, 11:24 AM
I see the yams have reduced their prices for a limited time http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/season-ticket-prices-reduced-at-hearts-1-3441521

gegs70
12-06-2014, 12:36 PM

Does petrie not own 10% of Hibs so.he really won't go anywhere?

CropleyWasGod
12-06-2014, 12:38 PM

He owns 10% of the largest shareholder in Hibs, which owns about 98% of the shares.

Lucius Apuleius
12-06-2014, 01:18 PM

He owns 10% of the largest shareholder in Hibs, which owns about 98% of the shares.

As Crops says.

I personally don't think he will go anywhere as long as he has these shares. I do still think he has to go. Being a non exec Chairman is fine but unfortunately as long as he has these shares he has a bigger entitlement to decide what happens at ER than anyone except his boss. You have to hope that if he does not go then he will act as a non exec should. The worry obviously is that he has that power.

Keith_M
12-06-2014, 01:20 PM

So about 9.8% of Hibs...... or is that too simplistic a take on matters and only an accountant would understand? :wink:

CropleyWasGod
12-06-2014, 01:21 PM
As Crops says.

I personally don't think he will go anywhere as long as he has these shares. I do still think he has to go. Being a non exec Chairman is fine but unfortunately as long as he has these shares he has a bigger entitlement to decide what happens at ER than anyone except his boss. You have to hope that if he does not go then he will act as a non exec should. The worry obviously is that he has that power.

Should I mention that, in the event of a tied vote, he gets the casting vote?

So..... he could get 2 votes. That'll please some. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
12-06-2014, 01:22 PM
So about 9.8% of Hibs...... or is that too simplistic a take on matters and only an accountant would understand? :wink:

I'll do the pedantry around here, if you don't mind.

:greengrin

Keith_M
12-06-2014, 01:28 PM
I'll do the pedantry around here, if you don't mind.

:greengrin

Sorry.

I was a bit worried that if I'd asked you to calculate it, I'd be in line for a whopping big bill. I've only just paid of my Acc'ts Invoice from 2010 :wink:

CropleyWasGod
12-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Sorry.

I was a bit worried that I'd if I asked you to calcualte it, I'd be in line for a whopping big bill. I've only just paid of my Acc'ts Invoice from 2010 :wink:

Sod the Petrie campaign. I'm diverting my pitchfork mob round your gaffe.

happiehibbie
12-06-2014, 01:31 PM
Please buy Season Tickets

I have bought my season ticket Early bird am not interested in asking for the money back / diffrence

I know the prices have not been updated as yet but our neigbours are running about with the tails wagging and head in the air, We are all moaning and groaning If I was honest from the very first game of last season we looked like a poor side and acted like a por side hence we are in this position.

we now need to pull together as fans get the season tickest bought to give our team money to buy players who want to play for hibs in the hibs way. lets all start to be possitive lets forget RP he is going nowhere. I / We will all be watching hibs long after the players and board have come and gone.

LETS BUY THE TICKETS we will have some great games to watch

Stop looking backwards and worrying about Hearts we can only guide or ship

Lago
12-06-2014, 01:34 PM
Your opinion. I disagree. There was always going to be a handover period IMO. I also feel it was correct for Petrie to fire him.
Totally agree

Keith_M
12-06-2014, 01:36 PM
Sod the Petrie campaign. I'm diverting my pitchfork mob round your gaffe.

:offski:

Steve20
12-06-2014, 01:36 PM
I'll get one when the club brings in players that are capable of getting us out this league. Short term deals and loan signings are not going to cut it. Time for the club to show they mean business this year firstinstead of people putting their money in first and then watching it get spent on crap.

Taz_hibee
12-06-2014, 01:38 PM
Please buy Season Tickets

I have bought my season ticket Early bird am not interested in asking for the money back / diffrence

I know the prices have not been updated as yet but our neigbours are running about with the tails wagging and head in the air, We are all moaning and groaning If I was honest from the very first game of last season we looked like a poor side and acted like a por side hence we are in this position.

we now need to pull together as fans get the season tickest bought to give our team money to buy players who want to play for hibs in the hibs way. lets all start to be possitive lets forget RP he is going nowhere. I / We will all be watching hibs long after the players and board have come and gone.

LETS BUY THE TICKETS we will have some great games to watch

Stop looking backwards and worrying about Hearts we can only guide or ship

:thumbsup::agree::thumbsup::agree::thumbsup::agree ::flag::aok::flag::aok: