PDA

View Full Version : Logic dictates that the club will have someone lined up, won't they?

Lewis77
11-06-2014, 05:21 AM
The club must have someone lined up to take over or at the very least have a strong inclination of who the next manager will be? I hope they do.

I hope that in this period the club is being run proficiently, that everything is in place and organised in a professional manner and not all up in the air with those in charge frantically searching the internet for anyone vaguely suited for the position. I fear the latter of those two scenarios may be closer to the truth.

SouthMoroccoStu
11-06-2014, 05:39 AM
I would certainly hope so.

New manager by the end of the week?

Ringothedog
11-06-2014, 05:57 AM
I would certainly hope so.

New manager by the end of the week?

How about someone who has just lost their job recently, this could be a perfect fit for............ROD PETRIE. :greengrin

gorgie greens
11-06-2014, 06:29 AM
They must have made an enquiry about a Manager prior to the meeting and feel that they have got someone agreed in principal to come in or we would not be shooting ourselves in the foot at this late hour,Then again with Petrie getting the heat on him sacrifices Butcher ,brings in a decent name ,some of the fans back down on Petrie out and he slithers in to the back ground like the snake he is

heretoday
11-06-2014, 06:32 AM
Oh come on!

gorgie greens
11-06-2014, 06:34 AM
Oh come on!

:confused:

Steve20
11-06-2014, 06:51 AM
At most clubs if they were in this situation, yes that would probably be the case.

However, we don't do things the right way. So we'll no doubt be waiting another two weeks for a new manager.

twiceinathens
11-06-2014, 06:54 AM
Logic might suggest it but this is Hibs we're talking about

Aldo
11-06-2014, 06:56 AM
At most clubs if they were in this situation, yes that would probably be the case. However, we don't do things the right way. So we'll no doubt be waiting another two weeks for a new manager.

I'd like to think that one will be lined up and in place by the weekend or early next week!!

erskine-hibby
11-06-2014, 06:57 AM
I wouldn't take that bet with someone elses money.

Seven up
11-06-2014, 07:08 AM
Surely..... Although not offering KT a new contract and punting said Manager doesn't seem logical to me either. I know LD wasn't in position then but some discussion must have taken place regarding players futures. Maybe that's why it got heated at East Mains.... LD must have said to herself WTF is going on here?

Captain Trips
11-06-2014, 07:12 AM
Surely..... Although not offering KT a new contract and punting said Manager doesn't seem logical to me either. I know LD wasn't in position then but some discussion must have taken place regarding players futures. Maybe that's why it got heated at East Mains.... LD must have said to herself WTF is going on here?

Perhaps KT and some other players indicated they wished to move on regardless who manager was or is going to be and their agents already had offers in place for some of them.

Waxy
11-06-2014, 07:17 AM
I said this last week and nobody agreed. If Butcher goes then they must have someone ready to step in. Not enough time to bring someone in from scratch. our new boss knows he's our new boss right nowvi reckon and will be working behind the scenes with us to get a team together as we speak. It's only right we wait till Malpas and co are officially carted that it'll be made ofishul.

AlbertK86
11-06-2014, 07:22 AM
Perhaps KT and some other players indicated they wished to move on regardless who manager was or is going to be and their agents already had offers in place for some of them.

KT wanted to stay.... Said so himself as did a few of the ITK posters on here

I think Leeann will have already done some ground work for a new manager. She seems to have a sensible head on her and will have done so knowing the season is only weeks away.

Firmly believe he was always getting punted.

To me the meeting with Butcher was one out of courtesy but will have been designed to try and force his hand into resignation in an effort to save some coin.

Lucius Apuleius
11-06-2014, 07:40 AM
KT the same as every other waster at ER. Good riddance.

Brightside
11-06-2014, 07:49 AM
Expect an annoucement on Friday.

Salisbury Hibby
11-06-2014, 11:24 AM
New manager, new sponsor and a couple of big marquee signings. I can but hope.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Turkish Green
11-06-2014, 11:32 AM
Wouldn't most employed manager still be on holiday? Which bring me round to those currently 'between jobs". There is a long list of ex-managers that could probably start tomorrow. Does RP (sorry LD) use a head hunter or does he just use the telephone directory. I suspect he'll be on the phone to his best chums at the SFA to get their advice on who to contact. LD has contacts at the huns so I would not be surprised if their was another ex-hun appointed.

I am expecting to be underwhelmed. Yet again.

PETRIE OOT

Ringothedog
11-06-2014, 12:27 PM
Wouldn't most employed manager still be on holiday? Which bring me round to those currently 'between jobs". There is a long list of ex-managers that could probably start tomorrow. Does RP (sorry LD) use a head hunter or does he just use the telephone directory. I suspect he'll be on the phone to his best chums at the SFA to get their advice on who to contact. LD has contacts at the huns so I would not be surprised if their was another ex-hun appointed.

I am expecting to be underwhelmed. Yet again.

PETRIE OOT

:rolleyes:

Geo_1875
11-06-2014, 12:42 PM
There will be a manager in place when the players return from their holidays.

gorgie greens
11-06-2014, 12:50 PM

We only have about 5 players left and even less when you count who you really want to keep

Hibbyradge
11-06-2014, 12:52 PM
Leeann has been in the job 2 minutes and she's already being accused of lying. :rolleyes:

She has said, quite categorically, that the decision to sack Butcher was made by the board yesterday.

She also said that Hibs will take their time deciding on who the next manager will be and that there is no-one lined up.

Logic dictates that there is no-one lined up. Cynicism, mistrust, fantasy, conspiracy and false hope, might dictate that there is a candidate secretly waiting in the wings, but not logic.

lapsedhibee
11-06-2014, 01:11 PM
Leeann has been in the job 2 minutes and she's already being accused of lying. :rolleyes:

She has said, quite categorically, that the decision to sack Butcher was made by the board yesterday.

She also said that Hibs will take their time deciding on who the next manager will be and that there is no-one lined up.

Logic dictates that there is no-one lined up. Cynicism, mistrust, fantasy, conspiracy and false hope, might dictate that there is a candidate secretly waiting in the wings, but not logic.

Logic dictates that IF there is someone lined up, THEN LD is lying. And IF LD is telling the truth, THEN there is no-one lined up.

Lago
11-06-2014, 01:22 PM
KT the same as every other waster at ER. Good riddance.
Your right the whole lot needed cleaned out.

Turkish Green
11-06-2014, 01:23 PM

The decision may have been made by the Board but according to her (quoted in the DR, grant you) it was her recommendation to do so...
"Dempster insisted she was behind Butcher’s sacking. She said:“I took the recommendation to the board. We took a unanimous decision that Terry would leave the club."

However it was done, it was the right decision.

Hibbyradge
11-06-2014, 01:26 PM
Logic dictates that IF there is someone lined up, THEN LD is lying. And IF LD is telling the truth, THEN there is no-one lined up.

Better, I admit. :na na:

Zazu62
11-06-2014, 01:27 PM
Your right the whole lot needed cleaned out.

Agreed . Kevin Thomson is gash

Hibbyradge
11-06-2014, 01:28 PM
The decision may have been made by the Board but according to her (quoted in the DR, grant you) it was her recommendation to do so...
"Dempster insisted she was behind Butcher’s sacking. She said:“I took the recommendation to the board. We took a unanimous decision that Terry would leave the club."

However it was done, it was the right decision.

That supports what I said. :agree:

The board only made the decision to sack Butcher yesterday.

Keith_M
11-06-2014, 02:16 PM
It seems that Dempster has answered the question. (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/leeann-demspter-feels-pressure-to-appoint-right-candidate-1-3440094)

"The honest truth is I’ve not thought about potential candidates yet. It’s only now that I can start thinking about who’s potentially coming in. Rather than having a shortlist of people ready and focusing on them, I think we need to be more open-minded than that."

hibby67
11-06-2014, 02:43 PM

when do they report back ?

Aldo
11-06-2014, 02:48 PM
Expect an annoucement on Friday.

See what you did there Underscore. Never mentioned what Friday but on Friday.

None of this within 24 or 48 hours. ;-)

Now will this be a managerial announcement or sponsor etc??

Turkish Green
11-06-2014, 02:52 PM
See what you did there Underscore. Never mentioned what Friday but on Friday.

None of this within 24 or 48 hours. ;-)

Now will this be a managerial announcement or sponsor etc??

Expect an announcement from Underscore this Friday to confirm there is no announcement this Friday.

EdinMike
11-06-2014, 02:53 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/leeann-demspter-feels-pressure-to-appoint-right-candidate-1-3440094

No, this article suggests the search has started.

Aldo
11-06-2014, 02:56 PM
Expect an announcement from Underscore this Friday to confirm there is no announcement this Friday.

Why would you say this TG. I'll wait and see what he has to say before any judgement is made.

By this I take it your comment was tongue and cheek or serious??

Geo_1875
11-06-2014, 03:00 PM
when do they report back ?

It was originally Monday 23rd but Butcher had planned on having them back a week early. I don't know if that has changed along with Butcher's circumstances.

HFC 0-7
11-06-2014, 03:00 PM

Logic dictates that if they take their time we will struggle to sign players. We struggle at the best of times but this is the biggest rebuilding job required and we don't even have someone lined up?

Aldo
11-06-2014, 03:03 PM
Logic dictates that if they take their time we will struggle to sign players. We struggle at the best of times but this is the biggest rebuilding job required and we don't even have someone lined up?

How do we know we don't have anyone lined up. I think LD would of been researcher managers/coaches for the last week and will have targets in mind. She may of even put out a few feelers to see if those targets were 'available'.

I cannot for the life of me think they've waited 2 weeks to sack him and done nowt to find a replacement.

HFC 0-7
11-06-2014, 03:21 PM
How do we know we don't have anyone lined up. I think LD would of been researcher managers/coaches for the last week and will have targets in mind. She may of even put out a few feelers to see if those targets were 'available'.

I cannot for the life of me think they've waited 2 weeks to sack him and done nowt to find a replacement.

I was replying to someone who said they think they didn't have someone lined up because LD had said they would take their time. I said if that's the case we will struggle to sign players.

Aldo
11-06-2014, 03:24 PM
I was replying to someone who said they think they didn't have someone lined up because LD had said they would take their time. I said if that's the case we will struggle to sign players.

Cheers for that!!

erskine-hibby
11-06-2014, 03:31 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/leeann-demspter-feels-pressure-to-appoint-right-candidate-1-3440094

No, this article suggests the search has started.

No this suggests another cluster**** by Hibs.

EdinMike
11-06-2014, 03:34 PM
Pointing to the article I posted...

"“The honest truth is I’ve not thought about potential candidates yet. It’s only now that I can start thinking about who’s potentially coming in. Rather than having a shortlist of people ready and focusing on them, I think we need to be more open-minded than that."

Seems to me that no one is lined up...

hibby67
11-06-2014, 04:05 PM
It was originally Monday 23rd but Butcher had planned on having them back a week early. I don't know if that has changed along with Butcher's circumstances.

:aok: cheers.... so we have max 11 days before they are back, plenty of time to get a manager and a championship wining team in place :greengrin

Onion
11-06-2014, 04:07 PM
Hope Hibs are ahead of the game this time. IMO LD has the toughest job in football at the minute. Just the practical challenge of bringing in a new manager and whole new team of players is tough enough, but she has little room for error. The new team has to hit the floor running from match 1. Plus she has to deal with the Petrie issue, ST prices/sales, re-engage fans etc

If she manages all this, she's my candidate for player of the year already.

Lewis77
11-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Hope Hibs are ahead of the game this time. IMO LD has the toughest job in football at the minute. Just the practical challenge of bringing in a new manager and whole new team of players is tough enough, but she has little room for error. The new team has to hit the floor running from match 1. Plus she has to deal with the Petrie issue, ST prices/sales, re-engage fans etc

If she manages all this, she's my candidate for player of the year already.

I fear that in reality RP is still pulling the strings.

In relation to my original thoughts on this matter, the more I think about it all the more concerned I get.

Surely the club must have had an emergency plan in place should the club go down. Meaning they must have started to make enquires about a new manager or have drawn up a list of potential managers before we took the drop, as they did sack Butcher! That would be the swift and decisive way to do things. Thus indicating clear leadership and a clear plan which any top club should have.

However the fact that Terry didn't go the day after we went down (that it took a good bit of time for him to leave his position) makes me think there may of been a lot of the indecisive 'should we, shouldn't we' about it all.

Hopefully it is a case of LD taking over, chopping wood, making decisions?

Ow I dinnae ken.... f*** it!

gorgie greens
11-06-2014, 10:28 PM

whos to say that she never sounded out McCall for the job before she left?

erskine-hibby
11-06-2014, 11:51 PM

Because she said so??

ekhibee
12-06-2014, 01:21 AM

Although that definitely is a possibility I find it unlikely, almost as unlikely as McCall actually deciding to become the next Hibs manager.

ChooseLife
12-06-2014, 02:51 AM
Former Hibs captain Ian Murray is the early bookmakers’ favourite for the job, with Stuart McCall, Alex McLeish, Owen Coyle, Tony Mowbray and Guillaume Beuzelin other names to have been touted.

I'm moving over beside the dug out if it's Boozy.

I want Mowbray to come in and transform Foster, Stanton, Harris and Cummings into multimillion signings which can pay for filling in the corners of our stadium and almost balance out the lost revenue of being relegated the season before, I'm allowed to dream..

HKhibby
12-06-2014, 04:38 AM
The club must have someone lined up to take over or at the very least have a strong inclination of who the next manager will be? I hope they do.

I hope that in this period the club is being run proficiently, that everything is in place and organised in a professional manner and not all up in the air with those in charge frantically searching the internet for anyone vaguely suited for the position. I fear the latter of those two scenarios may be closer to the truth.

The latter is more to the truth i am sure also!, as i stated in an email to the club, pre-season training is only 2 or 3 weeks away, and any possible pre- season games (if any), it will be the same old same old etc.. with Hibs, Logic and Hibs in the last 10 years do not fit in the same sentence!

Ronniekirk
12-06-2014, 07:34 AM
Pointing to the article I posted...

"“The honest truth is I’ve not thought about potential candidates yet. It’s only now that I can start thinking about who’s potentially coming in. Rather than having a shortlist of people ready and focusing on them, I think we need to be more open-minded than that."

Seems to me that no one is lined up...

Tend to agree Think we are now in uncharted territory .Leeann has stated on several occasions this is not what I was expecting to have to do .So if that genuinely is the caseb this is an appointment that can't be rushed as we have to get the right person .If she is open minded then I don't see us having anyone in post till end of next week at very earliest So signing players has to wait
If she did have someone lined up you would expect an announcement by this Monday at the latest

Lucius Apuleius
12-06-2014, 07:37 AM
The latter is more to the truth i am sure also!, as i stated in an email to the club, pre-season training is only 2 or 3 weeks away, and any possible pre- season games (if any), it will be the same old same old etc.. with Hibs, Logic and Hibs in the last 10 years do not fit in the same sentence!

You managed it. ;-)

Lewis77
12-06-2014, 08:19 AM
Well the papers are reporting this morning that LD is taking credit for the sacking of TB, but also states it was a board decision? Also states that she is now looking for a new manager and gives high praise to SMc. I just dinnae ken what's going on! Does anyone?

She is taking credit for the TB sacking but states it was a board decision? LD states she is in control but is she? I still believe that when it comes to major decisions RP calls the shots. Everything will still have to pass through him, just depends how it comes out the other end!

Crazyhorse
12-06-2014, 08:28 AM

Who is this Logic?

Everyone knows there is only one dictator at Easter Rd.

Keith_M
12-06-2014, 08:30 AM
Well in the papers are reporting this morning that LD is taking credit for the sacking of TB, but also states it was a board decision? Also states that she is now looking for a new manager and gives high praise to SMc. I just dinnae ken what's going on! Does anyone?

She is taking credit fot the TB sacking but states it was a board decision? LD states she is in control but is she? I still believe that when it comes to major decisions RP calls the shots. Everything will still have to pass through him, just depends how it comes out the other end!

She said it was HER recommendation to the Board, which was then given a unanimous vote.

Is that SO difficult to understand?

Lewis77
12-06-2014, 08:40 AM
She said it was HER recommendation to the Board, which was then given a unanimous vote.

Is that SO difficult to understand?

I suppose what I was trying to get at is that she appears to be presenting herself in the media as a new dawn for Hibs, that she is in control. However I think this may just be to placate the fans as RP still lurks over the club casting his dark shadow of true power into every corner.

Lucius Apuleius
12-06-2014, 09:00 AM
I suppose what I was trying to get at is that she appears to be presenting herself in the media as a new dawn for Hibs, that she is in control. However I think this may just be to placate the fans as RP still lurks over the club casting his dark shadow of true power into every corner.

Grim. We either believe her or not. I do.

Paisley Hibby
12-06-2014, 09:07 AM
Well the papers are reporting this morning that LD is taking credit for the sacking of TB, but also states it was a board decision? Also states that she is now looking for a new manager and gives high praise to SMc. I just dinnae ken what's going on! Does anyone?

She is taking credit for the TB sacking but states it was a board decision? LD states she is in control but is she? I still believe that when it comes to major decisions RP calls the shots. Everything will still have to pass through him, just depends how it comes out the other end!

Ultimately she answers to the board, just like any CEO of any organisation. Also, like in any other business/organisation, I would expect she will be delegated the power to make most decisions herself and will just answer to the Board for the results of those decisions. But for a huge decision like sacking the manager that would have to be agreed by the Board.

The board unanimously agreed her recommendation on the manager which shows they trust her judgement. I would expect that if she had recommended that Butcher stay they would have supported her on that too. IMO she got it right!

Keith_M
12-06-2014, 09:18 AM

You either listen to facts and reason or you do not. You've obviously made up your mind.

Liberal Hibby
12-06-2014, 09:19 AM
I'm not quite sure what the problem is. I'd much prefer Leeann to get the decision about the new manager/DoF/coach (or whatever structure is put in place) right, rather than do it quickly.

And taking a few extra weeks to do that will benefit the club far more than rushing to appoint the next short term face in manager's office.

It's how you finish the season that matters most - not how you start it.