PDA

View Full Version : Squad as of 11th June

KWJ
11-06-2014, 04:02 AM
Was trying to go through whose left in the squad and I don't know.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfileIndex/0,,10290,00.html

Official site isn't a great source of help as I know Boatang, Collins & Craig are away.

Tudor-Jones have another year? How long is Zoubir here for, what happened to him? Heffernan has another year yeah?

Handling & Caldwell?

Plenty of space for sure.

So at the moment we're looking at

Grant (!?)

Forster Nelson (!) Hanlon McGivern (!)

Harris Robertson Stanton Stevenson

Cummings Heffernan

Subs
Tudor-Jones
Handling
Caldwell?

Think we might bring anybody in over the summer? :greengrin

Even in the Championship if I tune into a game next season and see McGivern or Nelson boot the ball forward I'm going to be a very disappointed Hibee.

Unseen work
11-06-2014, 04:20 AM
craig is still here

Michael
11-06-2014, 04:51 AM
Grant's gone.

Turkish Green
11-06-2014, 05:53 AM
According to a professional database that I subscribe to, the remaining 1st team seniors still at the club are:

GOALKEEPERS

???

DEFENCE

Jordon FORSTER

Paul HANLON

Ryan McGIVERN

Michael NELSON

MIDFIELD

Liam CRAIG

Alex HARRIS

Scott ROBERTSON

Euan SMITH

Sam STANTON

Lewis STEVENSON

Owain TUDUR-JONES

FORWARDS

Ross CALDWELL

Jason CUMMINGS

Danny HANDLING

Paul HEFFERNAN

Abdellah ZOUBIR

Unless McGivern, Nelson and Craig can find themselves another club they will be staying (on reduced terms???). Of course RP/LD may have already made them an offer they cannot understand.

MSK
11-06-2014, 05:57 AM
According to a professional database that I subscribe to, the remaining 1st team seniors still at the club are:

GOALKEEPERS

???

DEFENCE

Jordon FORSTER

Paul HANLON

Ryan McGIVERN

Michael NELSON

MIDFIELD

Liam CRAIG

Alex HARRIS

Scott ROBERTSON

Euan SMITH

Sam STANTON

Lewis STEVENSON

Owain TUDUR-JONES

FORWARDS

Ross CALDWELL

Jason CUMMINGS

Danny HANDLING

Paul HEFFERNAN

Abdellah ZOUBIR

Unless McGivern, Nelson and Craig can find themselves another club they will be staying (on reduced terms???). Of course RP/LD may have already made them an offer they cannot understand.Think you need to update it then ..don't think Zoubir is still at the club ..he was only on loan till the end of the season.

bighairyfaeleith
11-06-2014, 05:58 AM

GOALKEEPERS

???

DEFENCE

Jordon FORSTER

Paul HANLON

Ryan McGIVERN

Michael NELSON

MIDFIELD

Liam CRAIG

Alex HARRIS

Scott ROBERTSON

Euan SMITH

Sam STANTON

Lewis STEVENSON

Owain TUDUR-JONES

FORWARDS

Ross CALDWELL

Jason CUMMINGS

Danny HANDLING

Paul HEFFERNAN

Abdellah ZOUBIR

Unless McGivern, Nelson and Craig can find themselves another club they will be staying (on reduced terms???). Of course RP/LD may have already made them an offer they cannot understand.

I thought zoubir was a one season loan?
Heffernan has been told he is free to go as well has he not?

bighairyfaeleith
11-06-2014, 06:05 AM
Also, what a scary ****ing defence that is, scary for us though not the opposition.

Oscar T Grouch
11-06-2014, 06:10 AM
Zoubir left 3 weeks before the end of the season. Craig is away too I thought, has he not re-signed at st j?

Michael
11-06-2014, 06:18 AM
I thought Zoubir was here until Jan?

EDIT: Appears not to be after googling.

gorgie greens
11-06-2014, 06:19 AM
Need new Manager in NOW,we need the rest of the mince that played a massive part in us going down gone and new blood in straight away,
we need the money brought in from the new sponsorships invested in the playing staff or we are going to be stuck in this league for a while,
And still Petrie is still here,Why ?

erskine-hibby
11-06-2014, 06:31 AM
We're f@#$#@d with that squad.

Turkish Green
11-06-2014, 06:35 AM
I thought zoubir was a one season loan?
Heffernan has been told he is free to go as well has he not?

That could be. My information is only as good as what HFC provide to the database. Mind you, it is still better than the main site.

Heffernan may have been told to look for another club, but as of yesterday he was still on Hibs' books as his contract is to July 2015..

Aldo
11-06-2014, 06:40 AM
Zoubir has gone back to his parent club along with Boateng who left more than 3 weeks ago.

Craig has not signed for anyone but was or has been muted with a return to St J and the sheep where also interested.

NatureBoy
11-06-2014, 06:42 AM
LD has been ruthless in clearing the decks, hopefully that extends to Nelson, McGivern, Craig and Heff. My eyes are bleeding at the thought of another year watching Nelson attempt to play football, please be gone!!

number9dream
11-06-2014, 06:43 AM
You can add Callum Booth to the list of defenders under contract and what about the young full-backs Black & Baptie - are they first team material in the Championship?

Can we hire Mowbray as a consultant to find us a few gems on the cheap in the mould of Zemmama, Murphy, Boozy...

11-06-2014, 06:53 AM
Jesus, the manager who comes in has a huge task on his hands, basically building an entire team (that can fight for promotion) from scratch!

heretoday
11-06-2014, 06:54 AM
I just read that list of players and it has put me off my muesli (with added nuts). What a truly ghastly bunch. Oh that we had the time and money to completely replace them and erase all trace of last season.

frazeHFC
11-06-2014, 07:20 AM
Looking forward too seeing Hanlon back. Never realised how valuable he was until we'd lost him for half the season.

What was his last game?

Lucius Apuleius
11-06-2014, 07:44 AM
Comparing the current squad to what will be our opening squad is pretty pointless IMO,. It will bear no resemblance whatsoever.

AlbertK86
11-06-2014, 07:45 AM
Comparing the current squad to what will be our opening squad is pretty pointless IMO,. It will bear no resemblance whatsoever.

Hopefully 😉

erskine-hibby
11-06-2014, 07:46 AM

The problem is that, with time ticking away, this could quite easily be the heart of the squad we start with. A frightening thought.

Lucius Apuleius
11-06-2014, 07:50 AM
The problem is that, with time ticking away, this could quite easily be the heart of the squad we start with. A frightening thought.

Not really mate. Window has just opened. We have, I think, three weeks till training starts. Time is getting short but a manager in and hits the ground running we will be fine.

erskine-hibby
11-06-2014, 07:53 AM
Not really mate. Window has just opened. We have, I think, three weeks till training starts. Time is getting short but a manager in and hits the ground running we will be fine.

I would have expected, with all the departures, that we would have already had people in. The sacking of TB has brought that to a grinding halt.

hibee_girl
11-06-2014, 01:30 PM

IIRC players are back in on June 23rd. 12 days time

TowerHibs
11-06-2014, 01:33 PM
Paul Hanlon also told by Butcher to find a new team. He instructed his agent to find clubs down south. Until then, reduced wages as Hibs couldnt afford him

Apparently gets a phone call over the weekend to say this is no longer the case and only way he is leaving is if an offer comes in

Geo_1875
11-06-2014, 01:38 PM
Paul Hanlon also told by Butcher to find a new team. He instructed his agent to find clubs down south. Until then, reduced wages as Hibs couldnt afford him

Apparently gets a phone call over the weekend to say this is no longer the case and only way he is leaving is if an offer comes in

Quite right too. One of the few onfield assets we have at the club.

Aldo
11-06-2014, 01:49 PM
Paul Hanlon also told by Butcher to find a new team. He instructed his agent to find clubs down south. Until then, reduced wages as Hibs couldnt afford him Apparently gets a phone call over the weekend to say this is no longer the case and only way he is leaving is if an offer comes in

Glad this is indeed the case.

Turkish Green
11-06-2014, 01:57 PM
I used to love the old days (before t'internet) when the first day of training was when you found out who the new signings were. Now a manager has up to the end of August.

number 27
11-06-2014, 02:01 PM
I see Euan Smith being quoted as part of the squad, I thought his contract had expired:dunno:

Does anyone know which members of the u-20's were released and who was retained? I have not seen any kind of confirmation from Hibs on this.

Brightside
11-06-2014, 02:08 PM

Who told you that? He wasn't told to find a new club. He's going nowhere.

Dan Sarf
11-06-2014, 02:11 PM
Petrie

Booth Foster Hanlon McCourt

Dempster

Cummings

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-06-2014, 02:12 PM
Looks like no one will be leaving unless the nee manager says so. Which means, we could be stuck with McGivern and Nelson :boo hoo:

TowerHibs
11-06-2014, 02:12 PM

close member of his family. Was told his wages were being 1/2 and that club couldnt afford him. Free to find a new club. So he got medals McKay to start looking.

No reason why this family member would tell me nonsense. i didnt even ask, just told me (and others) when Butcher was sacked yesterday.

Boyle89
11-06-2014, 02:14 PM

Good. Small crumb of comfort.

Aldo
11-06-2014, 02:16 PM
Looks like no one will be leaving unless the nee manager says so. Which means, we could be stuck with McGivern and Nelson :boo hoo:

O dear but what manager in their right mind would keep Nelson. McGivern needs the bullet as well but if he could play the way hevdidvwhen he was in loan then I could live with him in team but tbh don't think he deserves it after last seasons performances.

Brightside
11-06-2014, 02:20 PM
close member of his family. Was told his wages were being 1/2 and that club couldnt afford him. Free to find a new club. So he got medals McKay to start looking.

No reason why this family member would tell me nonsense. i didnt even ask, just told me (and others) when Butcher was sacked yesterday.
Right. FREE to find a new club. Different thing to Go and get another club.

TowerHibs
11-06-2014, 02:26 PM

sorry big chap. - glad you were able to correct me there. I feel such a mug

Sir David Gray
11-06-2014, 05:02 PM
Looking forward too seeing Hanlon back. Never realised how valuable he was until we'd lost him for half the season.

What was his last game?

Partick defeat at Firhill in March.

We played 10 games after that match and our stats were as follows;

W-1
D-1
L-8
F-4
A-15

Eyrie
11-06-2014, 07:10 PM
Posted this elsewhere, but these are the players we currently have (excluding the u20s)

No goalkeepers
Forster, Nelson, Hanlon, McGivern, Booth
Harris, Stanton, Robertson, Stevenson, Craig, Tudur Jones
Heffernan, Cummings

There is plenty of room for new signings so the starting eleven for next season will be very different (which is a relief).

Diclonius
11-06-2014, 07:21 PM
Record last season with Hanlon playing: P34 W10 D10 L14, Conceded 47 (1.4 per game)

Record last season without Hanlon playing: P12 W1 D1 L10, Conceded 22 (1.8 per game)

Still guys, he's our weak link and should get shot ASAP, yeah?

Sir David Gray
11-06-2014, 07:26 PM
Posted this elsewhere, but these are the players we currently have (excluding the u20s)

No goalkeepers
Forster, Nelson, Hanlon, McGivern, Booth
Harris, Stanton, Robertson, Stevenson, Craig, Tudur Jones
Heffernan, Cummings

There is plenty of room for new signings so the starting eleven for next season will be very different (which is a relief).

Danny Handling's still with us too.

Ross Caldwell is also still quoted but I think he may now be away.

Eyrie
11-06-2014, 07:42 PM
Danny Handling's still with us too.

Ross Caldwell is also still quoted but I think he may now be away.

I thought both are out of contract at the moment?

Sir David Gray
11-06-2014, 07:51 PM
I thought both are out of contract at the moment?

Caldwell might be but Handling tweeted a few weeks ago that he was under contract for another year.

scoopyboy
11-06-2014, 07:56 PM

Complete bull****.

#2 Double Tap
11-06-2014, 09:17 PM
Petrie

Booth Foster Hanlon McCourt

Dempster(c)

Cummings

:greengrin

HibbySpurs
11-06-2014, 09:22 PM
Threadbare to say the least!

Eyrie
11-06-2014, 09:39 PM
Caldwell might be but Handling tweeted a few weeks ago that he was under contract for another year.
Thanks for the update.

Can't say I'm overly enthused by the thought that he'll still be here, but maybe he'll develop with regular games at a lower level.

SMAXXA
11-06-2014, 09:58 PM
I see Euan Smith being quoted as part of the squad, I thought his contract had expired:dunno:

Does anyone know which members of the u-20's were released and who was retained? I have not seen any kind of confirmation from Hibs on this.

His contract is up now but he was offered a new deal at hibs but only a 1 year and st Johnston and hearts offered him a 2 year. He's been awaiting the terms coming through via letter for weeks now and yet to arrive so a bit premature to have him listed in huge first team squad. Although he wants to stay but wants a 2 year.

neil7908
11-06-2014, 10:40 PM
Scary stuff, looking at that squad is going to give me nightmares tonight! Genuinely need to build pretty much a whole new team. Hanlon, Robertson, Stanton and maybe 1 or 2 of the youngsters but apart from the we're really low on quality

Dan Sarf
11-06-2014, 11:25 PM
:greengrin

Good thinking!

Jones28
11-06-2014, 11:25 PM

Good. This alone makes me glad TB is gone.

Jones28
11-06-2014, 11:28 PM

Long and short of it being that he was not wanted.

erskine-hibby
11-06-2014, 11:48 PM
So do we just keep changing the date on this thread as there is nothing new to say?

we are hibs
12-06-2014, 08:14 AM
I'm surprised some of the players are still here tbh. If the new gaffer comes in and doesn't get rid of nelson and mcgivern then i think most people will be worried.

jacomo
12-06-2014, 09:32 AM
Has Ben Williams found another club? Just wondering if he could be persuaded back now that TB is gone. I'd be happy with him as first choice keeper next season and would solve one problem area at least.