PDA

View Full Version : Largs Mafia or Fresh approach

FatPat
11-06-2014, 02:39 AM
Well what now - do we go for the same old tired faces / largs mafia that know the Scottish game inside out - and would therefore pick players from with the current Scottish leagues with one or two outsiders to grind out results but little else especially entertainment.

Or do we go with a totally fresh face not tainted by Scottish Football - but would have no experience of Scottish Football or Leagues? But would maybe be a youngish fresh manager looking for an exciting challenger to build up a team from scratch - playing good football, that if successful would enhance his CV to go onto bigger and better things.

I think in the end we will sadly go with the conservative approach that a manager with experience of Scottish Football and will come in with the remit of a small budget but get workman like journeymen pros in the Scottish game on the cheap.

I would love to think we would be bold enough to appoint someone else who is not tainted by either who the played for or managed in the past or which one of the Old Firm they played for or loved as a fan, nor a luvvie with the West Coast Media. However if this was the case then I think that we would have to be prepared for a lot of names / nationalities that we were not familiar with but can get on the cheap. How would we feel about a team with only 1 - 2 Scots in it?

For me our priority is not instant promotion (although that would be fantastic) however lets face it. The new manager is going to have to build an entire new team with about 10-15 new players. We cant do the obvious and buy success that would mean players on high wages but used to playing at high level football better than the Championship next season. It will take at least a season for a new team to merge and get used to each other. So my main concern is that survive both on and off the pitch. Financially as long as we continue to back the team and turn out in high numbers it will continue to fund our survival over the next two seasons. If not and our numbers start to drop I really do fear for our future big time.

This to mean highlights how very very important the next manager will be.

California-Hibs
11-06-2014, 04:06 AM
I've wanted us to go for a foreign manager for years. There's so many players playing across Europe on small wages, that have lots of good technical ability and would be great to watch. I'd love a fresh approach and for us to explote this route instead of going for the norm.