PDA

View Full Version : What do you want?

Unseen work
10-06-2014, 10:15 PM
In terms of the type of manager and styleof team what do we want to see?

A youthful team playing fast attacking football
A experianced team who dont always play the best but grind out results?

What type of manager? proven in this league? a unheard of gem like mowbray? A foreign coach?

Imo i want to get away of the standard ring of names like shiels and lennon etc. I would like a reasonably young but experianced manager with a new thought process and vision for the club with contacts and also the knowledge of reserve/lower league players that would do a job for us

I think the main thing is getting someone in that plays stylish football and will sign the type of players to get us off your seats, guys like shiels, murphy boozy etc gave us a real edge. yes there were times you were pulling your hair out, but id much rather that than losing playing dull defensive football.

We need our identity back. When people play us they know they are going to see little of the ball and be chasing shaddows

Fast attacking football, resilliant, disciplined,lots of movement off the ball

PLEASE:greengrin

gillythehibby
10-06-2014, 10:22 PM
Hibs need to go back to their original principles and play in the style they were renowned and that is a style that's good to watch. That means expansive, attacking football. That should be carried on right through to the youths. That should be one of the requirements of any new manager. Buy players who fit that mould. For me, TB did not have that in his locker and his style of football was not for Easter Road.

Sir David Gray
10-06-2014, 10:23 PM
I want to see a team that is set up to attack the opposition, with the potential to create goalscoring opportunities every time we get the ball.

I also want to see the team being one of the highest scorers in the country.

I want to be entertained and come away from Easter Road wanting more and counting down the seconds until our next match.

If we can do that, the rest is pretty much irrelevant.

Scouse Hibee
10-06-2014, 10:24 PM
It's a results game, that's what I want. Furthermore that's what we need right from the off if we are to have any chance of promotion.

ManBearPig
10-06-2014, 10:26 PM
I think LD said after an interview its very clear hibs fans want the game played a certain way lets hope that influences who she picks aa manager.

Unseen work
10-06-2014, 10:29 PM
ti also think it is ESSENTIAL that we get our youths playing the same way as the first team. Or preferrably over the last couple of years the first team playing the same as the youths:greengrin

If you have the same set up through all the different ages groups as in. The same formation, style of play, roles in the team it makes the transition alot eaiser when you get your call for the first team. It also adds continuity and the sense of the bigger picture that will put confidence in thr youth sides that makes them realise they are playing this way so that it urges them to progress to the first team, not stall them.

That for me has been frustrating recently, the youngsters have been playing some very good football, mostly the same team every week and everyone knnows what is expected, but the first team has no consistancy

Northernhibee
10-06-2014, 10:37 PM
What do I want? INDECISION!
When do I want it? Up to yourselves.

Scottie
10-06-2014, 10:47 PM
Hibs need to go back to their original principles and play in the style they were renowned and that is a style that's good to watch. That means expansive, attacking football. That should be carried on right through to the youths. That should be one of the requirements of any new manager. Buy players who fit that mould. For me, TB did not have that in his locker and his style of football was not for Easter Road.

I've never seen those original principles in my time watching Hibs since the early eighty's.

What is the Hibs way of playing that is talked about ? Bit like the West Ham way I suppose :rolleyes:

IberianHibernian
10-06-2014, 10:50 PM
A proper selection process for new manager which means post being advertised internationally and a committee ( for example Pat Stanton , Jackie Mac Sr , Craig Paterson - only examples , sure other people will have better ideas..who can consult with others like Boozie or any ex managers ( Mixu ? ) who might still be on good terms with club . Obviously LD will set financial limitations but don`t quite understand why people think she`s the best person to choose our next manager - has she got much knowledge of Hibs` history and support let alone knowledge of coaching / managing side of running a club ?

erskine-hibby
10-06-2014, 10:50 PM
What do I want? INDECISION!
When do I want it? Up to yourselves.

Think you have that already, but maybe not.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-06-2014, 11:19 PM
McCall, I can't see it though.

Hermit Crab
10-06-2014, 11:22 PM
I think LD said after an interview its very clear hibs fans want the game played a certain way lets hope that influences who she picks aa manager.

As long as Petrie is still here then I will never trust him to let LD have a free role.

Ronniekirk
11-06-2014, 07:18 AM
As long as Petrie is still here then I will never trust him to let LD have a free role.
Her track record of picking managers is good .Petries is Minging She will make it very clear this is her call and think Petrie will be relieved Any inkling he has had final say and the push to get him out intensifies and he won't risk that IMO

eastmainsmsh
11-06-2014, 08:03 AM
Stuart mccall

Scorrie
11-06-2014, 08:09 AM
Jackie McNamara (jr) would meet most of the OP criteria in my book. Going to be a top manager and I like the way he plays his football. Not afraid to play younger players as well. Would it happen? Probably not unfortunately though I think we have the potential to be a far bigger club than United in terms of crowds etc

Hibs7
11-06-2014, 08:17 AM
I want the first team playing the way the under 20s play .. A joy to watch !

scuttle
11-06-2014, 08:28 AM
someone that knows what he is doing
someone that plays football not hoofball
Attacks the opposition
A winner

Turkish Green
11-06-2014, 08:44 AM
They may argue about everything else but there is one thing the supporters are unanimous about and that is the style of football they want to see Hibs play.

The problem I see with appointing the right manager is: time. It is clear that Hibs' have not contacted any candidate currently employed as they would need to get clubs' permission to speak to them and this would have been well broadcast in the media. So, I assume LD is looking at candidates that are currently immediately available. There are a lot of them about: some good, some not so good.

I would be more than happy for big Eck to restart his career back at ER. He took Hibs to promotion before, he can do it again (at the first attempt). But he will likely make RP choke on his latte when he tells him (sorry, LD) what he is wanting.

we are hibs
11-06-2014, 08:55 AM
John Collins with a young attacking team.

Wellbankhibby
11-06-2014, 08:56 AM
In terms of the type of manager and styleof team what do we want to see?

A youthful team playing fast attacking football
A experianced team who dont always play the best but grind out results?

What type of manager? proven in this league? a unheard of gem like mowbray? A foreign coach?

Imo i want to get away of the standard ring of names like shiels and lennon etc. I would like a reasonably young but experianced manager with a new thought process and vision for the club with contacts and also the knowledge of reserve/lower league players that would do a job for us

I think the main thing is getting someone in that plays stylish football and will sign the type of players to get us off your seats, guys like shiels, murphy boozy etc gave us a real edge. yes there were times you were pulling your hair out, but id much rather that than losing playing dull defensive football.

We need our identity back. When people play us they know they are going to see little of the ball and be chasing shaddows

Fast attacking football, resilliant, disciplined,lots of movement off the ball

PLEASE:greengrin

Personally I would like us to get back to watching attacking exciting football. I keep on about the great Turnbulls Tornadoes team they were a joy to watch. We have to start at grass roots. We need someone who has good Man Management skills and who will appoint a good Youth coach who can bring the young lads through. We have brilliant facilities at East Mains but there is something drastically wrong that we are not bringing through the quality that is expected, yes the u20s have done reasonably well but we want them to progress to the first team. I am more than a little surprised that Ian Murray is even talked about as Manager. He has done well with Dumbarton but it is far too early for him to have this job. We can't afford anymore bad Managerial decisions. Steve Clark, McLeish, Mowbury, or dare I say go the whole hog and have another word with Strachan, he is a HIBS man. :agree:

Thecat23
11-06-2014, 09:12 AM
Ian Murray 5/4

Danny Lennon 7/2

Stuart McCall 4/1

Someone must have stuck a few bob on Danny Lennon. Still think McCall will get it!