PDA

View Full Version : All the best to Butcher.

madhatter
10-06-2014, 08:55 PM
All the best to the guy. He failed sadly but I'm not holding grudges.

I hope we go with: foreign manager that would stick around or young manager with DOF implemented (which I think may happen with George Craig/Eddie May changes coming). Whichever one that happens has to build stability for the club. Each time a manager leaves, it's like rocking the boat, with players falling off the sides of the ship (clear out) and water being taken on board (debt). It needs to stop, whether it be through sacking or success, we cannot keep losing managers then losing our way. We need a culture, a way of things that dictates what managers come in and, when they leave, how we employ after that. We need direction.

Aimlessly bringing in a successful manager doesn't mean he will be successful here. This is a massive club with big expectations. This may sound bizarre but getting stable footing for the club is more important than a manager at this point. I know we are up against time but rushing this or going with favourites isn't going to work - we need to get someone to work within our way and deliver good football whilst also being party to all parts of the club - especially academy and u20s. Stanton and Harris, amongst many other youngsters, will be better for Butcher leaving - it hurts me to say that but it is true. He slowly but surely abolished all remnants of flair...

We need much stronger starting 11, with a much stronger youth team (u20s). Dundee United are paying for youngsters from The Rangers which may not necessarily be a smart move but look at the quality they also supplemented it with, e.g. Nadir Cifci - who is also young. Look at Andrew Robertson as well - he came from Queen's Park and is now capped for Scotland. One of the best left backs in Scottish football. Spend less on journeymen, it never lasts and any failure results in previous, "rocking boat" analogy.

:flag:

Lewis77
10-06-2014, 09:09 PM
I wish the man well but I never wanted him at the club in the first place. This is probably down to the fact I couldn't stand him as a player, an uncultured thug at the back if ever I saw one. Nevertheless, Good luck in the future Terry.

adhibs
10-06-2014, 09:13 PM
Cheerio terry. Thanks for getting us relegated

blackpoolhibs
10-06-2014, 09:14 PM
Anyone who relegates Hibs can GTF as far as i'm concerned, and for me i hope every sheite he has in future comes out the size of a marrow.

eastterrace
10-06-2014, 09:24 PM

I hope we go with: foreign manager that would stick around or young manager with DOF implemented (which I think may happen with George Craig/Eddie May changes coming). Whichever one that happens has to build stability for the club. Each time a manager leaves, it's like rocking the boat, with players falling off the sides of the ship (clear out) and water being taken on board (debt). It needs to stop, whether it be through sacking or success, we cannot keep losing managers then losing our way. We need a culture, a way of things that dictates what managers come in and, when they leave, how we employ after that. We need direction.

Aimlessly bringing in a successful manager doesn't mean he will be successful here. This is a massive club with big expectations. This may sound bizarre but getting stable footing for the club is more important than a manager at this point. I know we are up against time but rushing this or going with favourites isn't going to work - we need to get someone to work within our way and deliver good football whilst also being party to all parts of the club - especially academy and u20s. Stanton and Harris, amongst many other youngsters, will be better for Butcher leaving - it hurts me to say that but it is true. He slowly but surely abolished all remnants of flair...

We need much stronger starting 11, with a much stronger youth team (u20s). Dundee United are paying for youngsters from The Rangers which may not necessarily be a smart move but look at the quality they also supplemented it with, e.g. Nadir Cifci - who is also young. Look at Andrew Robertson as well - he came from Queen's Park and is now capped for Scotland. One of the best left backs in Scottish football. Spend less on journeymen, it never lasts and any failure results in previous, "rocking boat" analogy.

yes cheers terry for nearly destroying this club, ya useless dud .

madhatter
10-06-2014, 09:24 PM
Anyone who relegates Hibs can GTF as far as i'm concerned, and for me i hope every sheite he has in future comes out the size of a marrow.

No need for this really.

10-06-2014, 09:29 PM
Wish him all the best, I hate to see a hibs manager fail and it's a shame for someone to loose their job but he had to go i'm afraid.

As I mentioned on another thread, I was quite happy when we appointed Butcher, I really felt that his type of character would motivate the team and install a bit more aggressiveness and toughness both mentally and physically but unfortunately they only seemed to become more lightweight and gutless. I know he inherited an absolute shambles of a team cobbled together by Fenlon but he somehow managed to turn a well below par side (but who still were a miles away from relegation) into a team in complete free fall who also ended up throwing away a 2 goal cusion AT HOME to a 1st division side to go down. It really does defy belief.

SaulGoodman
10-06-2014, 09:32 PM
Bye

Gerard
10-06-2014, 09:33 PM
Good luck Terry, you did your best and I wish you good luck

erskine-hibby
10-06-2014, 09:33 PM
Good luck in the future I truly believe you were let down by the players and the club in general.

10-06-2014, 09:35 PM
Let's not JUST blame Butcher for the catastrophic failure that was this season. He was obviously a terrible appointment and got ALOT wrong but I think the players have gotten off very lightly as most of the attention has been on Petrie and Butcher. Let's not forget what an absolutely pathetic, gutless bunch of bottlers we had as a team.

Petrie and Butcher are quite rightly getting a lot of stick but i'm sure many of the players are very relieved that they got to slink off into the background (or out the door for many) without nearly as much critism as they should have had.

nribs
10-06-2014, 09:36 PM

Believe it or not he is the only manager I have wanted to be removed from his post. Even CC was getting my backing. Nae good luck from me.

Scouse Hibee
10-06-2014, 09:38 PM
I wish the man well but I never wanted him at the club in the first place. This is probably down to the fact I couldn't stand him as a player, an uncultured thug at the back if ever I saw one. Nevertheless, Good luck in the future Terry.

Not having that, TB was a superb centre back, a leader and an inspiration to those who played around him. Piss poor Hibs manager yes but I wish him the best.

madhatter
10-06-2014, 09:42 PM
Let's not JUST blame alone Butcher for the catastrophic failure that was this season was. He was obviously a terrible appointment and got ALOT wrong but I think the players have gotten off very lightly as most of the attention has been on Petrie and Butcher. Let's not forget what an absolutely pathetic, gutless bunch of bottlers we had as a team.

Petrie and Butcher are quite rightly getting a lot of stick but i'm sure many of the players are very relieved that they got to slink off into the background (or out the door for many) without nearly as much critism as they should have had.

Yeah, look how easy the sensational KT and McPake got off with their culpability. They spin their stuff and got fond farewells but Butcher gets smart comments like "thanks for getting us relegated". KT played garbage, better than the rest but garbage nevertheless. McPake has no right to spin it that he was fit for 10 weeks because he said he was fit before the Malmo game and 24 minutes in and that was him. This guy was hero but then became a liability.

Don't even get me started on Vine thinking he has the right to have a say whatsoever. Footballer he wasn't...

Butcher failed, he tried his best and should leave with our respects as at the end of the day, he has lost his job.

nribs
10-06-2014, 09:46 PM
Yeah, look how easy the sensational KT and McPake got off with their culpability. They spin their stuff and got fond farewells but Butcher gets smart comments like "thanks for getting us relegated". KT played garbage, better than the rest but garbage nevertheless. McPake has no right to spin it that he was fit for 10 weeks because he said he was fit before the Malmo game and 24 minutes in and that was him. This guy was hero but then became a liability.

Don't even get me started on Vine thinking he has the right to have a say whatsoever. Footballer he wasn't...

Butcher failed, he tried his best and should leave with our respects as at the end of the day, he has lost his job.
Guff total guff. He relegated a team that shouldn't have been relegated. No danger should this guy be getting our best wishes!

10-06-2014, 09:47 PM

Vine seems to be constantly making sly digs about the management on twitter and coming across as a bit of a classless, arrogant tit. God knows why, absolutely horrendous "footballer". One of the few things Butcher did right was show that useless clown the door.

madhatter
10-06-2014, 09:51 PM
Guff total guff. He relegated a team that shouldn't have been relegated. No danger should this guy be getting our best wishes!

Guff total guff? Why do you put a descriptive prefix before your comment...

He did relegate us. So did KT, Nelson, McGivern, Williams, Maybury, Harris, Stanton, OTJ, Stevenson, Hanlon, McPake, Collins, Heffernan, Cummings, Robertson, Craig...need I really go on?

I've seen people on here even giving Collins a "good luck, it's a shame it didn't work out" - you may or not be one but how can people honestly treat 1 guy with such contempt when there are so many culprits...

nribs
10-06-2014, 09:59 PM
Guff total guff? Why do you put a descriptive prefix before your comment...

He did relegate us. So did KT, Nelson, McGivern, Williams, Maybury, Harris, Stanton, OTJ, Stevenson, Hanlon, McPake, Collins, Heffernan, Cummings, Robertson, Craig...need I really go on?

I've seen people on here even giving Collins a "good luck, it's a shame it didn't work out" - you may or not be one but how can people honestly treat 1 guy with such contempt when there are so many culprits...

Because your talking guff total guff! Wtf does Collins have to do with it? Did Collins get us relegated? There are many culprits and Butcher was the main one in my eyes. Not sure you can blame every player you mentioned there as players who got us relegated? I'm not sure where we were in the league before Hamlon got injured? Many fans would have KT in the team next season. McPake missed a good part of the season. Anyway I'm glad Butcher has been given the bullet.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-06-2014, 10:07 PM
Don't doubt that he will pick up another job somewhere else, but his record while in charge of Hibs was little short of an embarrassment.

madhatter
10-06-2014, 10:14 PM
Because your talking guff total guff! Wtf does Collins have to do with it? Did Collins get us relegated? There are many culprits and Butcher was the main one in my eyes. Not sure you can blame every player you mentioned there as players who got us relegated? I'm not sure where we were in the league before Hamlon got injured? Many fans would have KT in the team next season. McPake missed a good part of the season. Anyway I'm glad Butcher has been given the bullet.

Yes, James Collins did get us relegated. If he had scored 20 goals we'd have been comfortable. I'd not have KT near the team. We have to let our "he's one of us" trash go - he was one of us, he left and it should have remained that way. We've had Riordan back - he was ****. We've had O'Connor back - he was ****. We've had Murray back - he was ****. We've had KT back - he was ****. They were good as youngsters, sensational even. They never are the same when they return. Each and every player is to blame. If you are essentially suggesting that Hanlon may not be to blame because of where we were positioned and the fact he was injured, then surely Butcher has a similar excuse? He never kicked a ball (essentially the same as a player being useless or injured) and couldn't influence games (injured player). Whatever you say, every member of staff is to blame for where we are. We, as fans, need to improve our act also - not heard so much booing at ER for years. We need to act with a bit of dignity as well - he failed, he has left and we should not be taking silly jibes at him.

We need to think to the future. Less journeymen, less players who leave us and we think it'd be a good idea to bring them back.

Shows you really - KT had so many teams lined up but decided to stay at Hibs last year - was Dundee his best offer this year? Probably...
McPake is an NI internationalist (capped once I suppose), and yet again Dundee is his best (only) option. Tells you either, Dundee are offering decent wages or these players have no offers.

We are a shambles of a club and have been for years. Everyone is to blame, including us as fans - we've let the sackings appease us and I just hope this one doesn't...

Lmc2105
10-06-2014, 10:17 PM
It was summed up by Williams on the radio earlier TB methods didn't work simple as that! If your negative towards your staff your going to get the worst results.

Man management was poor and that's now being exposed by the people he worked with.

Was best to move on with different direction

But yeah all the best.

Greenblood70
10-06-2014, 10:18 PM
I won't give him a second thought now he's away. Just pleased he's gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nribs
Yes, James Collins did get us relegated. If he had scored 20 goals we'd have been comfortable. I'd not have KT near the team. We have to let our "he's one of us" trash go - he was one of us, he left and it should have remained that way. We've had Riordan back - he was ****. We've had O'Connor back - he was ****. We've had Murray back - he was ****. We've had KT back - he was ****. They were good as youngsters, sensational even. They never are the same when they return. Each and every player is to blame. If you are essentially suggesting that Hanlon may not be to blame because of where we were positioned and the fact he was injured, then surely Butcher has a similar excuse? He never kicked a ball (essentially the same as a player being useless or injured) and couldn't influence games (injured player). Whatever you say, every member of staff is to blame for where we are. We, as fans, need to improve our act also - not heard so much booing at ER for years. We need to act with a bit of dignity as well - he failed, he has left and we should not be taking silly jibes at him.

We need to think to the future. Less journeymen, less players who leave us and we think it'd be a good idea to bring them back.

Shows you really - KT had so many teams lined up but decided to stay at Hibs last year - was Dundee his best offer this year? Probably...
McPake is an NI internationalist (capped once I suppose), and yet again Dundee is his best (only) option. Tells you either, Dundee are offering decent wages or these players have no offers.

We are a shambles of a club and have been for years. Everyone is to blame, including us as fans - we've let the sackings appease us and I just hope this one doesn't...

You coudn't make this stuff up.

Nomeancity
Don't doubt that he will pick up another job somewhere else, but his record while in charge of Hibs was little short of an embarrassment.

I do doubt he will pick up another job. He is not good enough, is cheeky chappy pr style won't take him a club further. He is finished.

J-C
10-06-2014, 10:22 PM
I don't wish him any good luck, he took a mediocre squad and within the space of 2 months turned them into the worst team in the league, dinosaur manager who should be kept as far away from football as possible.

madhatter
10-06-2014, 10:30 PM

No need. It's called reality.

Club has been disaster for years upon years and yet again, from your response to me wishing a man "all the best" on being sacked, you are, probably, like the last 8+ times, seemingly appeased by a manager being sacked. This is precisely why PetrieOut has only started now - Petrie gets a good sack in and all fans enjoy a good "get tae **** you useless piece of ****. Well done Rodders!" type rubbish.

Shocking, truly is. Near the end of the season it became KT vs Butcher. It should have been about Hibs. We're struggling in a decisive match and fans gave KT a rapturous reception, for what? To get across the point that KT should have been playing every game? - guess the new manager will love this. What about the precarious position we found ourselves in? Was that a peripheral concern? I'm sadly getting the opinion that many fans can't think very sensibly. I supported KT upon his return but treated him like any other player. Not a hero - which on his performances this season, he certainly wasn't. And even due to this failing, he and McPake leave with my best wishes. However, so does the failing manager...

This man-love for the players must end.

eggbamyasi
10-06-2014, 10:30 PM

No need at all . Looking back at a lot of your posts you have some of the most horiffic double standards on this forum . You spout a load of venom at certain people like the killed your first born .......... brings the site down imo . Each to there own ofc. Stuff you have said about petrie recently if you go back less than a year you were defending him lol . It's not the change of opinion that annoys me we're all capable of that it's the unnecessary personal attacks that pisses me off just no need .

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

#FromTheCapital
10-06-2014, 10:32 PM
All the best terry. A likeable guy which sadly doesn't count for anything in football management.

Scottie
10-06-2014, 10:34 PM
He would have got my thanks and respect if he had man'd up and walked after the play off defeat.

It would have been the correct and dignified thing to do in the situation.

heretoday
10-06-2014, 10:47 PM
Good luck to him but I can't help thinking his brand of bluster is badly outdated.

jacomo
10-06-2014, 10:50 PM

Yup, pretty mental.

Anyhow, all the best Terry. You live and learn, eh?

Glorious St Pat
10-06-2014, 10:51 PM
I would love to be so Christian and forgiving as some but no. Never wanted him from the first and his record at ICT masked a number of short comings. I seriously do not think the man is a career manager and certainly wasn't a good fit for Hibs. His comments at the Dan McMichael ceremony highlighted a lack of understanding of our History and he admitted such. He just didn't get it despite initial his initial excitement at the job vacancy and that for me is a serious error on his part.

Might be wrong but surely in any interview you swot up on the company, its past, its record, its traditions and so on and demonstrate such understanding in an interview in an attempt to secure the job. Ben Williams comments tonight on Sportsound are interesting as were the astute Michael Stewart's. He arrogantly attempted to enforce his way and beliefs on a team that didn't get it and were quickly sussed out by other teams. There was no end product and plan B. Stewart didn't mince his words and echo mine. He deserves to get sacked and good riddence. To those still puzzled of the decision, his style of football and authoritarian, dogmatic approach and ultimate alienation of players was never a recipe for going forward.

Dempster is correct - we need a freshness, a freshness of ideas and I like her response to her style of football: "fast flowing pressing football". Sound familiar? Almost identical to what Mowbray said. That is her philosophy and sadly not Butcher's. Another Petrie failure to add to his CV and another example of the wool being pulled over the wool over Hibernian supporters who backed him and those who sadly don't wish to dream and think of how big this club could be if everyone bought into a direction that we all want.

Glorious St Pat
10-06-2014, 10:55 PM
Oh and I don't wish him all the best...you relegated my club and you are a bloody Tory to boot!

Delighted the sponsor of the bedroom tax and pal of Gary Barlow tax avoidance got the boot!

ionahibby
10-06-2014, 10:56 PM
A bad start for yogi up there and it's a stick on that butcher will be back at Inverness anyway i suspect.

monktonharp
10-06-2014, 10:59 PM
bye big Tel, thanks for scunnering thousands of Hibernian fans that turned up to help you drive our team and club on to survival at least, with a possible dream of things to come, and don't ever darken our door again.

Glorious St Pat
10-06-2014, 11:01 PM
Good luck in the future I truly believe you were let down by the players and the club in general.

Please listen to Sportsound tonight, especially Ben Williams interview. He divided the dressing rooom, his tactics were arrogantly enforced without any real attempt to take into account various players strengths and weaknesses. Emotionally he drained the players through constant slatings.

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/scotland/scotfoot/scotfoot_20140610-1810a.mp3

Great 45 piece on Hibs above.

monktonharp
10-06-2014, 11:10 PM
I disagree, and I would also say that he let the club, and us down, not just in general but more in completely! him and his staff, were instrumental in playing players that should not have played. him and his staff were instrumental in not playing players that should have played, and these were in the last ten games of the season, when most of us on here were puzzled as to why these players were able to play/ were unable to play and some had already been told they were not going to play for us next season. don't know how anyone can defend him or his cohorts. they f/ed it up, in the most unbelievable fashion ever known to football.

Hermit Crab
10-06-2014, 11:12 PM

Ridiculous post. :rolleyes:

Cameron1875
10-06-2014, 11:17 PM

monktonharp
10-06-2014, 11:20 PM
Ridiculous post. :rolleyes:might seem so, to you. ho's about if he said to you 3 months ago:Hibs will end up relegated. would you have said:ridiculous post?:rolleyes:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-06-2014, 11:25 PM
Good luck Terry...

Hermit Crab
10-06-2014, 11:26 PM
might seem so, to you. ho's about if he said to you 3 months ago:Hibs will end up relegated. would you have said:ridiculous post?:rolleyes:

No I wouldn't have said that 3 months ago. Writing was on the wall for a loooong time regarding relegation.

Lewis77
10-06-2014, 11:27 PM
I disagree, and I would also say that he let the club, and us down, not just in general but more in completely! him and his staff, were instrumental in playing players that should not have played. him and his staff were instrumental in not playing players that should have played, and these were in the last ten games of the season, when most of us on here were puzzled as to why these players were able to play/ were unable to play and some had already been told they were not going to play for us next season. don't know how anyone can defend him or his cohorts. they f/ed it up, in the most unbelievable fashion ever known to football.

Dont hold yer punches.

Glorious St Pat
10-06-2014, 11:34 PM
Ridiculous post. :rolleyes:

Another example of a soft mentality and acceptance of mediocrity. We are better than this and if you seriously believe that the man deserves well after this sorry...abject failure in the vast majority of the posts he has been at.

Glorious St Pat
10-06-2014, 11:37 PM
Pulling no punches but he is now up there in the top three most despised managers in all my time supporting the Hibs (36 years):

1) Calderwood
2) Duffy
3) Butcher

Boyle89
10-06-2014, 11:41 PM
I can't bring myself to wish him luck. When cc left I wanted Norwich to go down just because he was there. Butcher has made watching hibs unbareable and for that I will never forgive him or wish him luck. He's put us back years.

Nutmegged
11-06-2014, 12:28 AM
I cant wish him well, he was an absolute disaster, extremely arrogant and his tenure could have severe repercussions for this Football Club for many many years to come, my only hope is he gets a Championship club amd we have a opportunity to properly spank him, he was worse than Jim Duffy, came across as completely unprofessional from the off with almost everything.

Good riddence, while I'd like to spank his new team whoever that may be, I'd not be disappointed if hr didn't darken Easter Road again

God Petrie
11-06-2014, 02:29 AM
Terry who?

Onion
11-06-2014, 04:45 AM
Feel sorry for him. He gave up a great cushy job at ICT, a cup final and a good team to have a crack at Hibs and it has been a chastening experience for the guy. It was amazing to watch him go from ebullient joker to shattered loser over 7 months. Yes, our players were a disgrace (again) but Butchers limitations as a manager and motivator were there for all to see.

Www1875hfc
11-06-2014, 05:31 AM

Are you for real ?
The fans should be congratulated after turning out time and time again to watch that guff.
But lets blame the fans eh !

Michael
11-06-2014, 05:40 AM
When's the movie coming out?

madhatter
11-06-2014, 06:00 AM
Are you for real ?
The fans should be congratulated after turning out time and time again to watch that guff.
But lets blame the fans eh !

Yes, fans do take some of the blame. We as a group of supporters have always been fairly quick to call for a manager to be sacked. We as fans booed our own team on more than 1 occasion this season and last. We have a lapsed support that use their lack of support as a threat and a weapon: I won't be back until Petrie is gone; I won't be back until Butcher is gone. Most of these fans wouldn't renew, let's be honest. We'd surely sell 15k+ ST otherwise. Must be at least 1k suddenly renewing now that Butcher is gone? We are also one of the most depressive, most negative fans in Scottish football. LD has already stated that ER is a hard place for manager and players. Do you think she was referring to the pitch or the flood lights? No, its us that makes it difficult...

Broken Gnome
11-06-2014, 06:09 AM
Quite hard to read a newspaper account of this mess without seeing rumours and opinion that hasn't been written on here months ago, but Daily Star said a club source claims some of Butcher's favoured players were openly touting themselves to other SPL clubs.

Was this known or rumoured?

erskine-hibby
11-06-2014, 06:50 AM

He no doubt made some huge gaffs, but it was clear that the players couldn't give a damn and the club have failed to back a manager, knowing that a massive clear out was needed due to Fenlons poor judgement in building a squad.

number 27
11-06-2014, 08:23 AM
Yes, fans do take some of the blame. We as a group of supporters have always been fairly quick to call for a manager to be sacked. We as fans booed our own team on more than 1 occasion this season and last. We have a lapsed support that use their lack of support as a threat and a weapon: I won't be back until Petrie is gone; I won't be back until Butcher is gone. Most of these fans wouldn't renew, let's be honest. We'd surely sell 15k+ ST otherwise. Must be at least 1k suddenly renewing now that Butcher is gone? We are also one of the most depressive, most negative fans in Scottish football. LD has already stated that ER is a hard place for manager and players. Do you think she was referring to the pitch or the flood lights? No, its us that makes it difficult...

What a load of rubbish.

J-C
11-06-2014, 08:44 AM
Feel sorry for him. He gave up a great cushy job at ICT, a cup final and a good team to have a crack at Hibs and it has been a chastening experience for the guy. It was amazing to watch him go from ebullient joker to shattered loser over 7 months. Yes, our players were a disgrace (again) but Butchers limitations as a manager and motivator were there for all to see.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/scotfoot

Take a listen to Williams during this and it may change your mind re players being a disgrace.

madhatter
11-06-2014, 09:14 AM
What a load of rubbish.

Cheers. I'm honest enough to admit we're all to blame. Guess our decline is only down to STF, RP and TB...
Pitchforks at the ready - next manager is due in shortly!

Boyle89
11-06-2014, 09:39 AM
Cheers. I'm honest enough to admit we're all to blame. Guess our decline is only down to STF, RP and TB...
Pitchforks at the ready - next manager is due in shortly!

The fans are not to blame. Fans of all teams boo their players off after disgraceful performances. No other team in football let's their fans down as much as hibs do and we still come back for more. Let's just drop this 'we are to blame stuff' cause it's crap.

madhatter
11-06-2014, 09:42 AM
The fans are not to blame. Fans of all teams boo their players off after disgraceful performances. No other team in football let's their fans down as much as hibs do and we still come back for more. Let's just drop this 'we are to blame stuff' cause it's crap.

That is your opinion.

Explain why decent managers with decent players all seem to fail at Hibs? If we get McCall or someone of that calibre I'd still be more likely to think he will fail than succeed, why is that? We sadly, do need to take some of the blame, and no matter what, we need to bring a more positive atmosphere to ER in these tough times.

BSEJVT
11-06-2014, 10:56 AM
No need for this really.

I think there is every need for it.

Butcher was an unmitigated disaster for us that will take us years to recover from.

He can GTF for me as can Malpas & Marsella

eggbamyasi
11-06-2014, 11:57 AM
Please listen to Sportsound tonight, especially Ben Williams interview. He divided the dressing rooom, his tactics were arrogantly enforced without any real attempt to take into account various players strengths and weaknesses. Emotionally he drained the players through constant slatings.

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/scotland/scotfoot/scotfoot_20140610-1810a.mp3

Great 45 piece on Hibs above.

Pathetic imo . Poor wee players on 1k + a week . Passing the blame for lack of fight and desire .There equally to blame as butcher if not more . Not having these ******* who let club down so badly coming out now saying bull**** .anything other than an apology for how badly they played isn't good enough for me .There gone and good riddance . Hopefully this clear out and changes is a bright new future .
GGTTH

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

silverhibee
11-06-2014, 11:58 AM
Wonder if Butcher will come back to haunt us. :wink:

Hibs7
11-06-2014, 12:09 PM
This thread should be removed as Butcher done nothing good at Hibs... I don't wish the man harm but I also don't wish him good luck, he has presided over one of the worst half seasons in the clubs history. Good bye and good riddance...

Smartie
11-06-2014, 12:28 PM
We've had Vine, we've had Williams now, surely over the coming weeks we'll have Thomson, Collins and all the other total failures of the past year lining up to take a pop at Butcher.

Tell you what I'd love more than anything - for Butcher to tell Hibs to ram any "confidentiality clause" and payoff and tell us all exactly what he thought of our players, our fans, Petrie, his backing, Dempster and his exit.

Only Sauzee has ever been given a poorer crack of the whip at the Hibs job and that was possibly the most shameful episode in our history.

No doubt the football under him was bad, he made many mistakes and I can't excuse it fully. But he was given an imbalanced squad of poor players who had forced his predecessor to walk, not allowed to significantly improve it in January and then unceremoniously punted.

He didn't stand a chance, did his best (albeit it wasn't ultimately good enough) so I wish him well.

We must learn from this whole sorry episode.

bigwheel
11-06-2014, 12:31 PM
We've had Vine, we've had Williams now, surely over the coming weeks we'll have Thomson, Collins and all the other total failures of the past year lining up to take a pop at Butcher.

Tell you what I'd love more than anything - for Butcher to tell Hibs to ram any "confidentiality clause" and payoff and tell us all exactly what he thought of our players, our fans, Petrie, his backing, Dempster and his exit.

Only Sauzee has ever been given a poorer crack of the whip at the Hibs job and that was possibly the most shameful episode in our history.

No doubt the football under him was bad, he made many mistakes and I can't excuse it fully. But he was given an imbalanced squad of poor players who had forced his predecessor to walk, not allowed to significantly improve it in January and then unceremoniously punted.

He didn't stand a chance, did his best (albeit it wasn't ultimately good enough) so I wish him well.

We must learn from this whole sorry episode.

Butcher had 29 games to win enough points which would have secured our status and given him a chance to build his team - he failed - miserably...He got himself the bullet, no-one else..

Dashing Bob S
11-06-2014, 12:33 PM
I had high hopes, but unfortunately Terry was revealed as sub-John Hughes with an English accent - his tenure at Hibs is just a shortened version of Yogi's, without the decent football of the first phase.

Dan Sarf
11-06-2014, 12:39 PM
I had high hopes, but unfortunately Terry was revealed as sub-John Hughes with an English accent - his tenure at Hibs is just a shortened version of Yogi's, without the decent football of the first phase.

Spot on. Sadly.

ALF TUPPER
11-06-2014, 12:58 PM
I did want Terry Butcher as manager and was delighted when he & Malpass joined. Thought it was a great appointment and remember the excitement and anticipation on Hibs.net from many like-minded Hibbys.

I'm really disappointed in him and his team at where we find ourselves now. (Some of the players not blameless either) .

Despite this, he seemed a nice enough guy. ( Never met him) He was just well out of his depth at Hibernian.

I wish him well.

I wish Leeann well too in finding a replacement. Someone who's tactically aware, a great man manager, a motivator, a winner, someone who is media friendly and ooozes class. Yeah, good luck Leeann.

The_Horde
11-06-2014, 01:00 PM
Good to see the "never wanted him anyway" brigade out on a jolly. I don't recall seeing that many of these posts at the time?

Onion
11-06-2014, 01:41 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/scotfoot

Take a listen to Williams during this and it may change your mind re players being a disgrace.

Interesting comments from Ben which I respect. However irrespective of all of that they simply should have been able conjure up more than 1 win in 18 and see through a 0-2 lead against Hamilton at home in front if 17000 home. Playing for a team a big as Hibs was clearly too much for many of them.

WhileTheChief..
11-06-2014, 02:43 PM
All the best to the man that relegated us?? No chance, he can GTF.

Disastrous manager.

Smartie
11-06-2014, 02:54 PM
All the best to the man that relegated us?? No chance, he can GTF.

Disastrous manager.

One man relegated us?

Seriously?

J-C
11-06-2014, 03:15 PM
One man relegated us?

Seriously?

Just a wee bit pedantic aren't we, Butcher and Malpas were the ones delegated to motivate, plan tactics and enthuse during training sessions in such a way that the players would be capable of winning, they failed miserably, so yes he's ultimately responsible.

Holmesdale Hibs
11-06-2014, 05:12 PM
Anyone know why it took so long to punt him? If he was sacked based purely on last seasons performance (which would be fair enough), then surely he'd have been punted a lot quicker? Did LD effectively interview him for the position?

Don't really feel the need to wish TB luck or for him to GTF. Seemed like a decent bloke but his time in charge was a disaster. The team has absolutely plummeted and I never even considered relegation as a possibility when he took over.

DH1875
12-06-2014, 08:20 AM
Terry Butcher can go and take a running duck to himself. Wish him well? Not a chance, he can do one and anyone who doesn't like it can kiss my archie.

EdinMike
12-06-2014, 11:37 AM
Ha..haha haha.... Ahahahhaha !!!

No, and go do one, this is what's wrong with our club, and our mentality, the majority are too "Nicey Nicey"

Take a run and jump Mr Butcher...

Lester B
12-06-2014, 04:02 PM
Just a wee bit pedantic aren't we, Butcher and Malpas were the ones delegated to motivate, plan tactics and enthuse during training sessions in such a way that the players would be capable of winning, they failed miserably, so yes he's ultimately responsible.

Bang on!

cam2644
12-06-2014, 04:12 PM
Good luck to Terry Butcher. He is a decent guy. He was a square peg in the wrong hole at Easter Road and has right to feel aggrieved that Petrie didn't allow him to complete the job in the summer. If fans so objected to his style of play why didn't they say so prior to his very well received appointment?
It's water under the bridge now but there mustn't be too long a delay in a replacement.There's a lot to do and not much time.