PDA

View Full Version : If petrie stays.....

Gordy M
10-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Playing devils advocate here, if LD appoints a successful manager and we manage to gain promotion at the first time of asking, and basically have a great season, would you be happy for RP to remain as an non exec director?

Thecat23
10-06-2014, 08:05 PM
Playing devils advocate here, if LD appoints a successful manager and we manage to gain promotion at the first time of asking, and basically have a great season, would you be happy for RP to remain as an non exec director?

For me he's gone past the point of no return. One season won't make up for the dross of the previous 7. He has to go!

erskine-hibby
10-06-2014, 08:05 PM

No.

rcarter1
10-06-2014, 08:06 PM
Would have no problem at all. I understand the level of feeling against Petrie, however he nonetheless has certain skills and knowledge. If it is put to good use, then good. If Leanne is able to do all the bits of the job that he clearly couldn't do, then good.

jacomo
10-06-2014, 08:08 PM
If it all pans out as in the OP, Hibs is a happy ship again, and the right people have the authority to make the right decisions, then yes.

Still not sure what he would bring to Hibs but that's an answer for STF.

HibbyAndy
10-06-2014, 08:09 PM
No

Ronniekirk
10-06-2014, 08:15 PM
For me he's gone past the point of no return. One season won't make up for the dross of the previous 7. He has to go!
This Petrie wants people to play devils advocate ,it's right up his street so don't indulge him .Although while Lee Ann will read posts on here Rod wouldn't bother

Baldy Foghorn
10-06-2014, 08:16 PM
No, his mere presence is doing more harm than good

weonlywon6-2
10-06-2014, 08:20 PM
I think he wil go,just not at the moment

Gerard
10-06-2014, 08:21 PM
Dear Rod why can't you retire to your country home and be free from the job as non exec chairman of Hibs?

Dave-O
10-06-2014, 08:22 PM
No from me

Gordy M
10-06-2014, 08:23 PM
No, his mere presence is doing more harm than good
Yeh i get that mate, my point was if we were successful then he wouldnt be doing more harm than good at that particular time. I think he should go, honestly dont think he will, but when the season starts i want all of us, LD, manager and fans all focussed on getting promoted. I worry that this issue will affect the season ahead. Yes the answer is RP should go, i was just wondering whether success on the pitch would lessen the fans angst towards him, thats all.

erin go bragh
10-06-2014, 08:25 PM
Petrie is the rotten apple in the barrel . He has to go for the good of the club .

ggtth

Hibeewilly
10-06-2014, 08:25 PM
I could be wrong but I don't think the CEO will appoint the new manager herself. I would think that would be board decision but with her input

blackpoolhibs
10-06-2014, 08:27 PM
We probably need him to stay now just to sign some players so the new manager has some people to train when he eventually arrives. :rolleyes:

skipster7
10-06-2014, 08:27 PM
He needs to go but as LD says there's a process to go through. I'd be happy if there's steps being taken to ensure he's gone by the end of the new season assuming there's a vast improvement on the pitch.

Leithenhibby
10-06-2014, 08:31 PM
He may well go, but who will buy-out his 10%

The fans :cb

chorley_fm
10-06-2014, 08:32 PM
WHEN he stays, he aint going anywhere...

hibee
10-06-2014, 08:35 PM
Yes.

Saorsa
10-06-2014, 09:14 PM
Playing devils advocate here, if LD appoints a successful manager and we manage to gain promotion at the first time of asking, and basically have a great season, would you be happy for RP to remain as an non exec director?NO!

edwards
10-06-2014, 09:18 PM

NOooooooooo HE CAN GTF

PETRIE OUT

AL-Qaholik
11-06-2014, 12:39 AM
No.

I won't be back until he's gone - regardless of any short-term on field successes.

With him anywhere near the club, we will only ever be moments away from further embarrassment and long term damage to the club.