PDA

View Full Version : Dont listen to the fans.....

Gordy M
10-06-2014, 06:04 PM
According to many on here, one of the many failings of RP was appointing managers who were seen as being a good choice by the majority of fans. Not sure if that was a policy decision, just coincidence or whether he just thought the same as the rest of us did, that these guys would do a good job? That policy has obviously failed miserably, so hopefully LD will now appoint someone who SHE thinks is the right man and not 'listen' to what the fans think.

That being said, this place will no doubt then revert to 'cheap option' or 'no ambition' if it is someone who is not seen as popular with the supporters.

I hope whoever gets the job is given the time and support to get us promoted at the first go!

TowerHibs
10-06-2014, 06:05 PM
According to many on here, one of the many failings of RP was appointing managers who were seen as being a good choice by the majority of fans. Not sure if that was a policy decision, just coincidence or whether he just thought the same as the rest of us did, that these guys would do a good job? That policy has obviously failed miserably, so hopefully LD will now appoint someone who SHE thinks is the right man and not 'listen' to what the fans think.

That being said, this place will no doubt then revert to 'cheap option' or 'no ambition' if it is someone who is not seen as popular with the supporters.

I hope whoever gets the job is given the time and support to get us promoted at the first go!

i agree

Lucius Apuleius
10-06-2014, 06:08 PM

Totally agree. LD has to keep her neb out of here and listen to nobody. At least then we will have a valid scapegoat if and when it goes tits up.

cleanyman
10-06-2014, 06:10 PM
The Fenlon out, Butcher in pish no doubt caught the fat cats eye.

They do read this board.

A disaster. We should have went for Mccall in November.

IanM
10-06-2014, 06:23 PM
The Fenlon out, Butcher in pish no doubt caught the fat cats eye.

They do read this board.

A disaster. We should have went for Mccall in November.

It's not a lambast against the fans as it's our forum and we all like a natter but some are repelling managers already! So let LD pick this guy.. See if it changes our fortunes

Captain Trips
10-06-2014, 06:26 PM
If he reads the board and listens why is he still here? Petrie picks who he decides on.

Nando™
10-06-2014, 06:26 PM
People wanted Yogi, Mixu and Butcher, so we can't lambast the board for not listening to the fans. I also thought they would all have been good appointments, so I'd agree that they should listen to us less in this regard.

This doesn't excuse the Calderclown era though :rolleyes:

Phil D. Rolls
10-06-2014, 06:30 PM
The fans have made some bad calls. Support for Butcher appears to be evidence.

In all honesty, did anybody see it coming though?

Keith_M
10-06-2014, 06:32 PM
People wanted Yogi, Mixu and Butcher,

I was in favour of Butcher but not the other two. I'm really not into appointing ex-players.

OsloHibs
10-06-2014, 07:44 PM
I agree. The fans all wanted Butcher, and look what happened there! I'm gonna trust Leanne on this one, as no-one ever agrees with me.. I got blasted for saying not Terry last year.

RIP
10-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Are we still blaming the recruits? 6 managers and 2 CEO's all fail.

8 in a row fail under the same gaffer. What is the common denominator?

greenlex
10-06-2014, 08:57 PM

The fans?:dunno:

allezsauzee
10-06-2014, 09:24 PM
I agree. The fans all wanted Butcher, and look what happened there! I'm gonna trust Leanne on this one, as no-one ever agrees with me.. I got blasted for saying not Terry last year.

To be fair to 'the fans' and Rod, Butcher and Malpas gave us every reason to think they would do well after the excellent job they did at ICT. Same with Fenlon, his track record was pretty damn good in Ireland.

Scooter
10-06-2014, 09:27 PM

Great post and I said similar on the private board. Let her do what she needs to do and not listen to us. Only thing I ask is the next manager will play football

Jonnyboy
10-06-2014, 09:30 PM
If he reads the board and listens why is he still here? Petrie picks who he decides on.

So let me get this right. RP never listens to the fans as we are of no significance to him but he only picked the last few managers because Hibs fans wanted them? Conundrum eh :greengrin

jonty
10-06-2014, 09:33 PM

The fans?:dunno:

Tam McCourt?

IberianHibernian
10-06-2014, 09:39 PM
This time there is no obvious fans`favourite . Ian Murray`s name has been mentioned as an ex player who`s doing well at Dumbarton but his ex player bit was sullied when he left first time and if we`re looking at ex players Michael O`Neill , Danny Lennon or Paul Hartley would all be strong candidates .

rcarter1
10-06-2014, 09:39 PM
Great post and I said similar on the private board. Let her do what she needs to do and not listen to us. Only thing I ask is the next manager will play football

This I think is really important.

Northernhibee
10-06-2014, 09:54 PM
I think it's important that we take the unpopular decision if it's required to take the club forward. Getting in Butcher was Petrie playing to the crowds and Dempster will surely be smarter than that.

monktonharp
10-06-2014, 09:58 PM
fortune favours the brave, as they say. (heard it somewhere, don't know where). Rod Petrie was probably quite brave, in appointing Tony Mowbray. lots of my mates replied with : Tony Effin Towbray? and also with Mc Leish, I think he did well.McLeish was always regarded as the Aberdeen manager in waiting, as far as I was concerned and he tortured us on the football park as a dons player so I was not entirely happy when he got the job at ER. the appointment of Williamson,well enough said, after his infamous quote: if it's entertainment you want, go to the cinema! The appointments after these people, apart from Calderwood were basically what the fans wanted. Petrie has run his course, and needs to go now, but he has done some good, as well as the infrastructure etc. the big problem for him, and more importantly us, is that we've never trusted his judgement with handling players IN and players OUT. we have always seemed to have got the wrong end of the deal in that respect, and now find the club we love floundering in a lower division which we will have real difficulties to move out of in the right direction.I always try to be a kinda half full guy, but we need a bit of luck, and hopefully can get a manager appointed very soon that has been sounded out, and has discussed things about players he CAN bring in. right now, we are snookered behind the black ba'.

Thecat23
10-06-2014, 10:01 PM
Said it many times. Whoever is in charge should not get someone to please the fans but to benefit Hibernian Football Club. If this person comes in gets us playing good football and winning superb.

They should be looked at on how they want to play, the vision long term and how they scout players and also how the youth set up will be handled.

I'd like to think we could get a manager that implements a good passing game from the youngest age right through to the first team. So everyone is reading off the same page and the transition from the youth to first team is as easy as possible.

Again just an opinion but it's down to LD who I will fully back.

NAE NOOKIE
10-06-2014, 10:03 PM
I wish Petrie would listen to the fans just one last time.

Captain Trips
11-06-2014, 06:56 AM
So let me get this right. RP never listens to the fans as we are of no significance to him but he only picked the last few managers because Hibs fans wanted them? Conundrum eh :greengrin

I do not think he did pick any managers based on the fans. The fans get behind people whom have been linked or rumour sets in. But IMO by that time decisions have been close to made.

If you give the fans such info as our wage budget for manager all the phone numbers of agents all the emails and calls of interest we get how much compo we can afford to pay, the contract info of managers currently employed then I believe the field the fans would want would be massive.

Jonnyboy
11-06-2014, 02:37 PM
I do not think he did pick any managers based on the fans. The fans get behind people whom have been linked or rumour sets in. But IMO by that time decisions have been close to made.

If you give the fans such info as our wage budget for manager all the phone numbers of agents all the emails and calls of interest we get how much compo we can afford to pay, the contract info of managers currently employed then I believe the field the fans would want would be massive.

My question was somewhat tongue in cheek :wink: Plenty on here think the club appointed the choices of the fans

TRC
11-06-2014, 05:58 PM
The calderwood signing was seen as coup as well let's be honest most have welcomed the signing of many of the last few managers it went from mowbray people weren't happy did well, Collins lots were happy did well to win cup then couldn't sign a player he did OK. Then mixu mixed bag again had to shift a few players but on the whole football wasn't great again OK. Then Hughes who again was welcomed by many people again football was questionable finished 4th into Europe again OK. Then it starts to go breasts sky ward with cc many people thought it was a coup of sorts but couldn't get results left a massive mess. Poor . then pat again a left field option had done well in Ireland and when we got him it was seen as a bit of forward movement and that Petrie and co had done their homework we all know how that ended. Two of the worst results in our history. Poor then butcher a men quite a few wanted but then took a poor squad and made them by far the worse team in the league. Terrible. So it has got progressively worse but it has to bottom out at some point.