PDA

View Full Version : He was sacked ages ago in my opinion.

blackpoolhibs
10-06-2014, 05:06 PM
I believe this has been a done deal for quite some time, maybe even since the day Dempster and Butcher first met? And because i think this, i'm pretty sure we will be quite far down the road in appointing a new man.

If not then look at what that means and the mess we would be in..

1 we need to look at interviewing new men for the job.

2 The new man would need to bring players in.

3 Appointing a new manager could take weeks.

4 we dont have weeks to do all this.

We really do have to have someone lined up, if not we are up sheite creek without a paddle.

BigKev
10-06-2014, 05:10 PM
I think he's been told what Dempsters vision for the club is and as such was unwilling to change his style or tactics.

Fwiw I also think Dempster will have someone in mind for a quick appointment.

mjhibby
10-06-2014, 05:22 PM
The only problem is I doubt LD thought we would be in the championship. To me it's a no brainier with Ian Murray as coach and an experienced guy like Owen Coyle or MacLeish as Dof and then help Murray develop as a manager. Unless LD has someone in mind we don't know about then that's the way I'd go.

Jim44
10-06-2014, 05:30 PM
I believe this has been a done deal for quite some time, maybe even since the day Dempster and Butcher first met? And because i think this, i'm pretty sure we will be quite far down the road in appointing a new man.

We really do have to have someone lined up, if not we are up sheite creek without a paddle.

I'd say it would be worse than that, we would be up sheite creek without a canoe.

Hibbyradge
10-06-2014, 05:33 PM

He was sacked today, Gary.

Radio Scotland just said that Butcher met with Dempster and Petrie yesterday, but no decision was taken.

The board met today and agreed that Butcher should go.

Brightside
10-06-2014, 05:36 PM
He was sacked today. He was asked to go at the EM meeting with Leeann.

blackpoolhibs
10-06-2014, 05:40 PM
He was sacked today, Gary.

Radio Scotland just said that Butcher met with Dempster and Petrie yesterday, but no decision was taken.

The board met today and agreed that Butcher should go.

Well Dave if this is true, we are in an even worse state than even i thought. I'd say whoever we bring in now has virtually no chance of getting us up or into a play off place. :crazy:

BoltonHibee
10-06-2014, 05:43 PM
Well Dave if this is true, we are in an even worse state than even i thought. I'd say whoever we bring in now has virtually no chance of getting us up or into a play off place. :crazy:

Bed wetter !

TornadoHibby
10-06-2014, 05:45 PM

Stuart McColl anyone?? :wink: :greengrin

LD gets on with him I hear and he might be persuaded that getting into Hibs now might be a good gig for him! :agree:

Plus, he's a battler, and we will need that in the Championship to make sure that the players understand that! :agree:

WhileTheChief..
10-06-2014, 05:46 PM
Officially sacked today but I'd bet LD knew he was going as soon as we were relegated.

I think Hibs actually played this one pretty smart. RP backed Butcher only for LD to come and in and show she has some balls. RP takes some more grief and LD wins the fans over in 1 move. :greengrin

davhibby
10-06-2014, 05:52 PM
We must have someone in this week or we're going to be starting pre season with about 5 first team players

Baldy Foghorn
10-06-2014, 05:55 PM
The only problem is I doubt LD thought we would be in the championship. To me it's a no brainier with Ian Murray as coach and an experienced guy like Owen Coyle or MacLeish as Dof and then help Murray develop as a manager. Unless LD has someone in mind we don't know about then that's the way I'd go.

George Craig is our new DoF....

GreenLake
10-06-2014, 06:02 PM
LD seems like the multitasking type and would have imagined "what if" scenarios during her personal time long before joining Hibs. What she might already know will take a little time to birth into visible standard process.

Captain Trips
10-06-2014, 06:03 PM

It unfortunatly was 2 games to late.

southern hibby
10-06-2014, 06:09 PM
Officially sacked today but I'd bet LD knew he was going as soon as we were relegated.

I think Hibs actually played this one pretty smart. RP backed Butcher only for LD to come and in and show she has some balls. RP takes some more grief and LD wins the fans over in 1 move. :greengrin

I read it the same way except for one small point. Petrie stated he backed Butcher. He knew there would be a backlash. So he let LD sack Butcher, that way we all think she's running the show, when it's secretly him.

Tin hat on for me. GGTTH

CmoantheHibs
10-06-2014, 06:16 PM
LD seems like the multitasking type and would have imagined "what if" scenarios during her personal time long before joining Hibs. What she might already know will take a little time to birth into visible standard process.

I agree with this.I think she was pretty sure in her mind that he was going to get his jotters and had been planning for the scenario.She isnt daft and knows that a new man has to be in place super fast to allow him to assemble a team so Id imagine there have already been feelers put out.The obvious choice would be McCall as they both know how each other work.Whether he is an option LD will have a better idea than most people I think.

10-06-2014, 06:21 PM
His silence over the last couple weeks made me pretty sure that he was going. If he thought he was going to be the manager next season i'm sure he would have come out with something in the press to try and lift the fans and convince them he was doing something to give us a good shot at promotion.

blackpoolhibs
10-06-2014, 07:29 PM
Bed wetter !

Yip, but i'm also starting to panic about the state of our club. :wink:

BSEJVT
10-06-2014, 08:30 PM

:top marks

weonlywon6-2
10-06-2014, 08:32 PM

I posted recently that i felt butcher knows what the score is, the silence from him was odd,even though he did have a holiday.

HibbyAndy
10-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Lets be honest here..He had to go eh ??...1 win in what ? 20 odd ?? thats ****in pathetic.

Its got not nowt to do with LD and everything to do with Butcher being clueless.

1 win in 20odd is utterly sacking material.

ekhibee
10-06-2014, 08:44 PM

Might of just been a wee flexing of the muscles to appease the fans. She can't get rid of Petrie even though she knows what they think of him. Next best thing?

TRC
10-06-2014, 08:49 PM
I think we'll see a new boss tomorrow. No inside info just a hunch

snooky
10-06-2014, 08:56 PM
Butcher didn't just fail at ER, he failed miserably.
No option :bye:
Say nae mair.