PDA

View Full Version : What a monumental waste of money

eaststandfin
10-06-2014, 03:29 PM
From paying Caley for Butcher and Malpas, to the wages we gave them, and now the compensation we'll probably have to pay out for firing them, this has been a total fiasco.
Sir Tom better get the chequebook out to do it all again!

hibbymac
10-06-2014, 03:31 PM
From paying Caley for Butcher and Malpas, to the wages we gave them, and now the compensation we'll probably have to pay out for firing them, this has been a total fiasco.

:confused:

How much did we pay Caley?

How much compensation are we having to pay?

When did Malpas get sacked?

Stevie Reid
10-06-2014, 03:32 PM

No real point worrying about that now. Many on here (wrongly IMO) criticized the board for always going for "the cheap option" when it came to managers - though it looked a sound appointment at the time, it has been a disaster, and proves that even if previous managers were low earners, spending money guarantees little in this regard.

SMAXXA
10-06-2014, 03:35 PM
He will be the new ICT boss next season once yogi gets binned.

greenpaper55
10-06-2014, 03:38 PM

How much did we pay Caley? Plenty

How much compensation are we having to pay? plenty

When did Malpas get sacked? today, or he would have been appointed instead of searching for a new manager as the OS said.

hibbymac
10-06-2014, 03:39 PM
today, or he would have been appointed instead of searching for a new manager as the OS said.

???

eaststandfin
10-06-2014, 03:40 PM

How much did we pay Caley?

When did Malpas get sacked?

We payed Caley somewhere between £100K - £150K (per Heather Dewar: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24809195)
Managers usually spend about 20% of their pre-contract negotiations working out what'll happen when things go tits up, and we had him on a 2 and a half year contract, so we can expect to be paying him a decent chunk.
And you don't really think we'll keep Malpas without Butcher, do you?

hibbymac
10-06-2014, 03:41 PM
today, or he would have been appointed instead of searching for a new manager as the OS said.

Not what it says on the official site - "Unfortunately Assistant Manager Maurice Malpas is abroad on holiday at present and I want to meet him on his return to explain the situation at the Club."

Aldo
10-06-2014, 03:42 PM
Yip it sure is a waste and I wonder who has mismanaged all this. I wonder who???

#PETRIE OUT

hibbymac
10-06-2014, 03:44 PM
We payed Caley somewhere between £100K - £150K (per Heather Dewar: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24809195)
Managers usually spend about 20% of their pre-contract negotiations working out what'll happen when things go tits up, and we had him on a 2 and a half year contract, so we can expect to be paying him a decent chunk.
And you don't really think we'll keep Malpas without Butcher, do you?

No I don't, but they might outline the future plans and if he doesn't like it, he can walk, i.e., no compensation to pay. :dunno:

Bronson
10-06-2014, 03:46 PM
Yip it sure is a waste and I wonder who has mismanaged all this. I wonder who???

#PETRIE OUT

Not a Petrie fan but that is quite a ridiculous post, I don't know a single hibs fan who didn't think he was a good appointment in November. We all wanted him, we got him. You reap what you sow I suppose but you can't blame Petrie for Butcher being a failure.

At the time he seemed a terrific appointment, no one seen this coming.

Aldo
10-06-2014, 03:50 PM
Not a Petrie fan but that is quite a ridiculous post, I don't know a single hibs fan who didn't think he was a good appointment in November. We all wanted him, we got him. You reap what you sow I suppose but you can't blame Petrie for Butcher being a failure. At the time he seemed a terrific appointment, no one seen this coming.

Indeed we do. Nowt wrong with a wee bit of lightheartedness Bronson... Far from ridiculous. Yip I was happy with his appointment like others but let's face it...... We all seen it coming. I blame Petrie for the last 7 years of mismanagement simple as that.

Yip butcher got us relegated along with the players and they have both been told to bolt.

Petrie needs to go and hopefully won't have anything to do with the next appointment. (I suspect he won't though)

Kato
10-06-2014, 03:54 PM
Not a Petrie fan but that is quite a ridiculous post, I don't know a single hibs fan who didn't think he was a good appointment in November. We all wanted him, we got him. You reap what you sow I suppose but you can't blame Petrie for Butcher being a failure.

I agree he seemed like a decent appointment but I certainly didn't want him. The last thing any football Chairman should do when appointing a manager is listen to what the fans want, imho.

Petrie has grossly mismanaged the football side since Collins left, and had a spotty track record before then. He's wasted all that money to get us to point where we are relegated and have lost thousands of fans because as a "customer" the "product" on the field has been physically painful to watch.

Whether we wanted Butcher or not does not matter.

Petrie should do the decent thing and go. I'm sure he could get a spot on the board at Cowdenbeath/East Fife or somewhere and continue with his pathetic SFA aspirations, although for Scotland's sake I hope he gets no-where near any kind position anywhere that has directly to do with football.

Bronson
10-06-2014, 03:59 PM
Indeed we do. Nowt wrong with a wee bit of lightheartedness Bronson... Far from ridiculous. Yip I was happy with his appointment like others but let's face it...... We all seen it coming. I blame Petrie for the last 7 years of mismanagement simple as that.

Yip butcher got us relegated along with the players and they have both been told to bolt.

Petrie needs to go and hopefully won't have anything to do with the next appointment. (I suspect he won't though)

I agree Petrie must go, but you can't blame him for appointing Butcher, genuinely don't know anyone who never thought it was a great appointment. He has done plenty wrongs in the past but I wouldn't pin this one on him.

jeffers
10-06-2014, 04:01 PM

I wasn't totally convinced by him, concern all along was ICT was a good fit for him as record more or less every where else was honking. Even it it were true that we all wanted him, as has been pointed out many times before, selecting a manager is not the fans' responsibility, we don't get paid to make these decisions and we don't sit in on the interviews.

Aldo
10-06-2014, 04:06 PM
I agree Petrie must go, but you can't blame him for appointing Butcher, genuinely don't know anyone who never thought it was a great appointment. He has done plenty wrongs in the past but I wouldn't pin this one on him.

I will agree to disagree B. But you do agree that it's his (Petrie) mismanagement that has us in the position we are in.

Yip Petrie went and got a manager that the majority wanted (including me) and he bombed big style. The wrong appointment was made by RP again tho??

silverhibee
10-06-2014, 04:07 PM
He will be the new ICT boss next season once yogi gets binned.

Just had a chat with someone who said "Butcher will get another gig soon enough, Hibs are a basket case". :greengrin

Bronson
10-06-2014, 04:08 PM
I will agree to disagree B. But you do agree that it's his (Petrie) mismanagement that has us in the position we are in.

Yip Petrie went and got a manager that the majority wanted (including me) and he bombed big style. The wrong appointment was made by RP again tho??

First bit in bold, absolutely agree, hence why he must go.

Second bit in bold, it would seem he has been the wrong appointment but no one could have seen that coming therefore I don't blame Petrie for that.

Spudster
10-06-2014, 04:09 PM

Anything more than £0 and we are being ripped off

blackpoolhibs
10-06-2014, 04:10 PM

I said at the time i did not particularly want him, i said i was nonplussed if he came. I also pointed out his record as a manager.

Aldo
10-06-2014, 04:14 PM
First bit in bold, absolutely agree, hence why he must go. Second bit in bold, it would seem he has been the wrong appointment but no one could have seen that coming therefore I don't blame Petrie for that.

Sorry can't highlight but yip no one could of seen it coming.

What a mess we are in.

We are now in a transitional period and there is a helluva lot of change.... Top to bottom.

Just need shot of Petrie and we can concentrate on next season.

SneakersO'Toole
10-06-2014, 04:15 PM

I didn't want TB at the time and there were plenty of other fans who didn't either. TB has failed because he is an inept manager and his record proves this.

Petrie didn't look deep enough and purely focused on his time at Inverness. But then that isn't surprising seeing as he couldn't recruit a decent manager even if one fell in his soup.

Bronson
10-06-2014, 04:15 PM
I said at the time i did not particularly want him, i said i was nonplussed if he came. I also pointed out his record as a manager.

It's easy to say that now we've seen how much of a failure he has been, but if someone could find a thread from when he was appointed I can guarantee the overwhelming majority would have been delighted with his appointment, me included.

kaimendhibs
10-06-2014, 04:17 PM
Whatever it costs to get rid, it's money well spent!

Sent from my iphone