PDA

View Full Version : Player clear out.

Alfred E Newman
10-06-2014, 03:25 PM
Given Butchers welcome departure from the club, you have to wonder why on earth he was allowed to sack most of the playing staff the day after the Hamilton debacle.

Aldo
10-06-2014, 03:27 PM
Plain and simple. They were rank rotten and let the club and fans down.

Whoever comes in has pretty much a blank canvas to turn this club round.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-06-2014, 03:28 PM
If TB was bulleted after the Hamilton game, KT may well have stayed.

3pm
10-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Plain and simple. They were rank rotten and let the club and fans down.

Whoever comes in has pretty much a blank canvas to turn this club round.

Agreed.

I still thought Thomson was worth keeping but on the main, none of them can really complain.

woodyloon
10-06-2014, 03:30 PM
Given Butchers welcome departure from the club, you have to wonder why on earth he was allowed to sack most of the playing staff the day after the Hamilton debacle.

Was it not Leeann Dempsters plan to trim the playing staff down to around 35 players.

Greenworld
They were rotten and according to LD we had 51 players on the books and should wants 30 something
Can't remember exactly..

Aldo
Agreed. I still thought Thomson was worth keeping but on the main, none of them can really complain.

Tbh forgot bout him. Yip I would of got him signed up and built my MF round him.

But as I said barring the young lads the rest can go bye bye

(o and apart from PH- this will get the usual responses no doubt)

Baldy Foghorn
10-06-2014, 03:39 PM
They were rotten and according to LD we had 51 players on the books and should wants 30 something
Can't remember exactly..

Exactly, and 14 were out of contract.......

--------
10-06-2014, 03:42 PM
Can't remember exactly..

:agree: Perhaps this is what needs to be done - a complete clear-out and fresh start from scratch for the new guy?

A club our size doesn't need 51 players. A smaller number of better-quality players being paid better wages makes more sense. I would be aiming to rebuild this season with a view to promotion in 2016, though I wouldn't refuse promotion next May if it happened to come along.

But the state we're in, it'll take time to sort things out.

Butcher gone. I assume Malpas will go with him, and Marsella too. The last one I want out is Petrie, though I appreciate that since he's a shareholder that's probably more difficult. Still, one down, three to go....

IanM
10-06-2014, 03:53 PM
Exactly, and 14 were out of contract.......

Everyone involved with the club were to blame last season. It's not a nice thing to happen but if they were all told to GTF you'd not hear me complain even though I'd like to keep Stanton, Cummings if they were told to leave so be it.. Time for change

Alfred E Newman
10-06-2014, 03:57 PM
I was happy to see the back of most of them A new manager might have been happy to have had a player of Thomsons quality for next season . Craig was another obviously not suited to Butchers hoofing tactics. We also now have no goalkeeper on the books.
I would have sacked Butcher after the Kilmarnock game but he should have went immediately after the Hamilton game at the latest then let the new man oversee the clear out.

--------
10-06-2014, 04:04 PM
I was happy to see the back of most of them A new manager might have been happy to have had a player of Thomsons quality for next season . Craig was another obviously not suited to Butchers hoofing tactics. We also now have no goalkeeper on the books.
I would have sacked Butcher after the Kilmarnock game but he should have went immediately after the Hamilton game at the latest then let the new man oversee the clear out.

I have to be honest - I really don't trust Thomson and I'm rather relieved he's gone. Personally, I would have kept Craig and Williams and maybe one or two others, but on the other hand, every manager coming in since 2007 has had to work with his predecessor's (and some of HIS predecessor's) signings and that hasn't worked. This is the complete clearout a lot of us were saying should have happened years ago.

What we need now is a quick appointment of the right manager and genuinely significant investment in building a new squad in time for the kick-off in July.