PDA

View Full Version : Steve Marsella

Stevie Reid
10-06-2014, 02:48 PM
Will he go? Surely the only thing we can salvage from this expensive mess is to retain him as a scout and hope he can unearth some good players?

SMAXXA
10-06-2014, 02:55 PM
Will he go? Surely the only thing we can salvage from this expensive mess is to retain him as a scout and hope he can unearth some good players?

The 3 stooges will all be going Stevie lad

Stevie Reid
10-06-2014, 02:56 PM
The 3 stooges will all be going Stevie lad

Cheers Gaz. Was excited when we got Marsella as well! What a radge 6 months it's been.

The_Horde
10-06-2014, 02:59 PM
Can we get our old goalie coach back too? And williams?

J-C
10-06-2014, 03:48 PM
Because of Marsella we lost a very good goalkeeping coach in Thomson.

Marty-Hibee
10-06-2014, 03:52 PM

Not necessarily his fault. By all accounts on the scouting front he's a grafter. Maybe the dual responsibly wasn't suited

J-C
10-06-2014, 03:52 PM
Not necessarily his fault. By all accounts on the scouting front he's a grafter. Maybe the dual responsibly wasn't suited

Not if the stories about his goalie coaching is true.

Scorrie
10-06-2014, 03:53 PM

Has Thomson actually left or is he on "gardening leave"? Anyone know?

J-C
10-06-2014, 03:54 PM
Has Thomson actually left or is he on "gardening leave"? Anyone know?

Thought I heard he left, some ITK posters will soon tell us.

Marty-Hibee
10-06-2014, 03:55 PM
Not if the stories about his goalie coaching is true.

Sorry, what I meant is that when it comes to scouting, he puts in a lot of hours from what I've heard.

Personally, I feel a scout having a coaching role at the club is madness in the first place

Hedlund12
10-06-2014, 03:55 PM
Steve and Terry are old friends and go back a long way..... I can't see Steve staying at Hibs even if it was an option.

Pray4Marc
10-06-2014, 03:56 PM
His January signings were impressive

S4uzee
10-06-2014, 03:57 PM
Cheers Gaz. Was excited when we got Marsella as well! What a radge 6 months it's been.

Its bizarre that Marsella has had a good track record of signing players and we never actually signed a player on a deal with him here. Only Hibs

Golden Bear
10-06-2014, 03:57 PM

Nope - he's got to go as well as he may well have been part of the problem.

wills
10-06-2014, 04:07 PM
Thought I heard he left, some ITK posters will soon tell us.

Still on our books

Stevie Reid
10-06-2014, 04:08 PM
Nope - he's got to go as well as he may well have been part of the problem.

He certainly might have been as he was coaching also - but if he were retained as a scout, then he wouldn't be anywhere near our players.

Thecat23
10-06-2014, 04:12 PM
All gone!

eastmainsmsh
10-06-2014, 04:20 PM
Thomsons at cowdenbeath

Del Boy
10-06-2014, 04:24 PM
Never posted before when he was in post because there was enough negativity flying about and I know there was a bit of a Marsella love-in on here but heard from people involved in highland football that he is a total fraud and they couldn't believe he's landed the jobs he has!

Makes no difference now I guess, but just saying!

Hibernia Na Eir
10-06-2014, 05:28 PM
Marsella. easter egg on legs.

wheniwas5
10-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Thompson only helping out at Cowdenbeath. Hibs still paying him.

SaulGoodman
10-06-2014, 07:26 PM
Thomsons signed for Dundee.

Honestly you lot are so silly :greengrin

Brooster
10-06-2014, 07:31 PM
Thomsons at cowdenbeath

Yes hes at cowden. After he left Hibs the goalies basically had to train themselves.

ALF TUPPER
10-06-2014, 07:35 PM
Was never sure what Steve Marsella was bringing to Hibs. :confused:

hibbymick
10-06-2014, 07:36 PM
Get Thomson back asap, thats if Marsella hasnt eaten him.

hibbymick
10-06-2014, 07:37 PM
Was never sure what Steve Marsella was bringing to Hibs. :confused:

The buns ?

NorthNorfolkHFC
10-06-2014, 07:40 PM
My brother in law is his dentist. Never had a good word to say about the way Butcher and co ran things, my brother in law initially thought it was sour grapes but as it turned out was vindicated.

ALF TUPPER
10-06-2014, 07:42 PM
The buns ?

:tee hee: I asked for that

Skol
10-06-2014, 07:45 PM
My brother in law is his dentist. Never had a good word to say about the way Butcher and co ran things, my brother in law initially thought it was sour grapes but as it turned out was vindicated.

How on earth could he talk when getting his teeth done ?

persevere1875
10-06-2014, 07:48 PM

Maybe he's no had a good word to say about his dentist either :dunno::wink:

NorthNorfolkHFC
10-06-2014, 07:58 PM

He has a holywood smile so needed little work done. My brother knew he was a hibby so was keen to interrogate him at any given occasion on my behalf.

IberianHibernian
10-06-2014, 10:38 PM
The ex scout Henderson who was mentioned here the other day was also I believe a good goalie and another whose knowledge was probably wasted when Butcher and his team arrived .

Northern Hibby
14-06-2014, 02:51 AM
Just been advised by friends of marsella in Inverness that he is staying on albeit after a pay cut.

Forza Fred
14-06-2014, 02:59 AM
Just been advised by friends of marsella in Inverness that he is staying on albeit after a pay cut.

Good. We might have play him in goals in the opening match of the season if we haven't signed a goalie by then

zolliehibs
14-06-2014, 04:20 AM
A mate of mine (admittedly a yam) told me SM had "found" 35 players for thr club to target but since the butcher team were being emptied 'was he **** sharing them with Hibs.'

robinp
14-06-2014, 04:40 AM
A mate of mine (admittedly a yam) told me SM had "found" 35 players for thr club to target but since the butcher team were being emptied 'was he **** sharing them with Hibs.'

Fingers crossed that's the case, perfect grounds to sack him without compo, he's not employed to find Butcher players, he's employed to find players for Hibernian FC.

H18Y GW
14-06-2014, 05:28 AM

I could find 50 players in a heart beat , there are lists of out of contract players

http://www.thepfa.com/transferlist

That's what were getting without a doubt ,

Stonewall
14-06-2014, 06:10 AM
A friend of mine was om a coaching course and Marsella took one of the modules.

Verdict - complete waste of space.

Zondervan
14-06-2014, 06:16 AM
One of the problems is that we seem to have this need to hunt down players in the English lower-leagues, when we should be trying to sign young Scottish players or bring through our own youths.

I think the positive changes announced in the last few days will lead towards this, and also by default result in Marsella being emptied.

Iggy Pope
14-06-2014, 08:20 AM

If I recall right, Northern Hibby was the first on here confirming Butcher and Malpas, well in advance of the usual knowledge thieves on here, so might be worth paying attention.......:aok:

JustSimplyHibs
14-06-2014, 08:55 AM
One of the problems is that we seem to have this need to hunt down players in the English lower-leagues, when we should be trying to sign young Scottish players or bring through our own youths.

I think the positive changes announced in the last few days will lead towards this, and also by default result in Marsella being emptied.

Exactly!!!! Dundee Utd have just signed a very good player in Blair Spittal from Queen's Park, only 18, good experience so far and will turn out to be a very good player in the SPL as he matures and if he stays free from injuries...

Utd just keep picking up these gems from the Scottish lower leagues, Andy Robertson for example.

MrRobot
14-06-2014, 09:37 AM
I'd like to see Marsella stay but purely as a scout.

stantonhibby
14-06-2014, 09:45 AM
I'd like to see Marsella stay but purely as a scout.

Id like him to stay but as a chef as he clearly has a .passion for food

AlbertK86
14-06-2014, 09:56 AM
Thompson only helping out at Cowdenbeath. Hibs still paying him.

This.

He can't get paid employment unless we give him a final settlement and he is on the lowest possible pay we can give him just now.

Not sure he will return if Petrie still there

Coco Bryce
14-06-2014, 10:05 AM
It's funny how everyone was desperate to get Marsella in 8 months ago yet he now gets pelters before he was really allowed to identify players for us.

Scouse Hibee
14-06-2014, 10:06 AM
Marsella part of the problem so he can GTF

Danderhall Hibs
14-06-2014, 10:18 AM
It's funny how everyone was desperate to get Marsella in 8 months ago yet he now gets pelters before he was really allowed to identify players for us.

:agree: folk were only wanting butcher in if Marsella also came in.

Scouse Hibee
14-06-2014, 10:21 AM

It's not funny at all, folk on here were just as happy for Butcher to come in, and now we're happy he's gone so what is your point. Marsella also done a great job of pissing off one of the best keepers we've had in a long time.

jacomo
14-06-2014, 10:23 AM

Is it that funny?

TB assembles good squad at ICT, says Marsella takes big credit for his scouting. Hibs have struggled to recruit good players. TB gets linked with Hibs job. Hibs fans hope he brings his staff with him.

Baffling, right enough.

PISTOL1875
14-06-2014, 10:30 AM

Are you kidding mate ?? In all the time he was there and all the keepers he ' coached ' , not one of them were able to come off there line..

Scouse Hibee
14-06-2014, 10:33 AM
Are you kidding mate ?? In all the time he was there and all the keepers he ' coached ' , not one of them were able to come off there line..

Ben Williams is one of the best keepers we've had in recent times or do you disagree?

Danderhall Hibs
14-06-2014, 10:34 AM
Is it that funny?

TB assembles good squad at ICT, says Marsella takes big credit for his scouting. Hibs have struggled to recruit good players. TB gets linked with Hibs job. Hibs fans hope he brings his staff with him.

Baffling, right enough.

So we wanted him in to identify players but now he should go at the exact time we need players identified?

Scouse Hibee
14-06-2014, 10:37 AM
So we wanted him in to identify players but now he should go at the exact time we need players identified?

The quality of the loan players he identified is good enough testimony for me.

jacomo
14-06-2014, 10:38 AM

I don't know. Depends whether he can form good working relationship with LD and new manager I guess. I've not asked for him to go but have assumed that he's probably in his way, seeing as his two pals have been emptied.

Not sure about his abilities as a goalkeeper coach mind.

Danderhall Hibs
14-06-2014, 10:40 AM
The quality of the loan players he identified is good enough testimony for me.

One strike and you're out.

Clearly weren't allowed to get the first picks in and ended up scrapping about in the last few days.

Scouse Hibee
14-06-2014, 10:42 AM
Okay I am going to completely backtrack and not slag off any of the current coaches/staff still in a role in the club until the season starts and I see what we produce on the pitch. Clean slate for everyone from me.

PISTOL1875
14-06-2014, 10:43 AM
Ben Williams is one of the best keepers we've had in recent times or do you disagree?

Ask yourself , over the last 2 years how many goals have we lost from BW failing to come off his line and collect ??? BW was only given so much hype because he saved so many penalties in his first season.. A cracking shot stopper but like the devil when it comes to crosses..

Scouse Hibee
14-06-2014, 10:47 AM
Ask yourself , over the last 2 years how many goals have we lost from BW failing to come off his line and collect ??? BW was only given so much hype because he saved so many penalties in his first season.. A cracking shot stopper but like the devil when it comes to crosses..

I am well aware of his failings mate, but I still stand by my statement, a goalkeeper with an exceptional all round game would never end up at Hibs, we got one of the best we've seen in recent times who seemed happy and played well under Thomson, form nosedived under Marsella that's my only point.

Eyrie
14-06-2014, 12:39 PM
If Marsella is staying, then I would assume that it is as a scout only and not the dual role that he had under Butcher.

Scouse Hibee
14-06-2014, 12:41 PM
If Marsella is staying, then I would assume that it is as a scout only and not the dual role that he had under Butcher.

By all accounts he never fulfilled one role under Butcher let alone two :wink:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-06-2014, 12:50 PM
Good news IMO. As long as he isn't the GK coach aswell.

147lothian
14-06-2014, 01:31 PM
Marsella was responsible for the good players at Inverness, for me its good news that he's staying, if that's right for me!

hibeeleicester
14-06-2014, 02:05 PM
Marsella is 100% staying.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-06-2014, 02:22 PM

Malpas defo going?

hibeeleicester
14-06-2014, 02:29 PM
Malpas defo going?

No idea mate!

ekhibee
14-06-2014, 02:37 PM
That's a good play on words, I'll give you that. He's only the best keeper we've had in years because the ones before him in recent years have been woeful. I'd rate myself a better goalie than Simon Brown, Zibbi, Makalambay and McNeill.

Scouse Hibee
14-06-2014, 04:51 PM
That's a good play on words, I'll give you that. He's only the best keeper we've had in years because the ones before him in recent years have been woeful. I'd rate myself a better goalie than Simon Brown, Zibbi, Makalambay and McNeill.

It's not a play on word at all, you can't belittle someones ability because of those who have gone before him that's just ridiculous. The strikers before Griffiths weren't that great either but that doesn't mean his ability can be questioned.

Heisenberg
15-06-2014, 12:34 AM
http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/leeann-dempster-responsibile-for-recruiting-boss-1-3444534?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Looks like he's still scout but we're looking for a proper goalkeeping coach.

LD; “I’ve never had the experience of being able to recruit a whole team and that, in terms of a football plan, is an attractive position to be in. Obviously we would prefer not to have reached this position and have a manager in post but actually, when you look at the football department there’s a real opportunity. We don’t have a goalkeeping coach, a sports scientist, an analyst – these are things we want to put in place.”

Dempster is well aware that – with the season kicking off on 26 July with a Challenge Cup match – time is of the essence, but she rubbishes the idea of making any moves to add to the squad before a new manager is in place. “If you do that or make decisions on the current first-team squad that doesn’t make sense. There are key positions that we all know we need to address – there are no goalkeepers for example – so that’s an area we need to get moving on. That is something, in terms of the work [scout] Steve [Marsella] has done already, and a new manager will come in and decide if those individuals should stay on the target list or not.”

Unseen work
15-06-2014, 12:49 AM
http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/leeann-dempster-responsibile-for-recruiting-boss-1-3444534?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

LD; “I’ve never had the experience of being able to recruit a whole team and that, in terms of a football plan, is an attractive position to be in. Obviously we would prefer not to have reached this position and have a manager in post but actually, when you look at the football department there’s a real opportunity. We don’t have a goalkeeping coach, a sports scientist, an analyst – these are things we want to put in place.”

Dempster is well aware that – with the season kicking off on 26 July with a Challenge Cup match – time is of the essence, but she rubbishes the idea of making any moves to add to the squad before a new manager is in place. “If you do that or make decisions on the current first-team squad that doesn’t make sense. There are key positions that we all know we need to address – there are no goalkeepers for example – so that’s an area we need to get moving on. That is something, in terms of the work [scout] Steve [Marsella] has done already, and a new manager will come in and decide if those individuals should stay on the target list or not.”

very good news imo. Get the best of both worlds by keeping him as a scout and punting him as a goalie coach

truehibernian
15-06-2014, 12:53 AM

Awful decision - the guy exudes 'glum', doesn't look interested, and quite frankly is an arrogant tosser......spends his time on the bench looking at Terry first, seeing if he disagreed with a shout, then having a go at the 4th officlal.......nearly all of whom were like 'who are you' !

Plus he's a fat bar steward......how can any player respect someone who is a bowling ball on legs.......get him to france :agree:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-06-2014, 02:01 AM

Good news IMO. Get Scott Thompsom back :agree:

Cameron1875
15-06-2014, 04:14 AM
The boy is a fat ****. If he's willing to travel the country Scouting for us then fair enough.

But not a chance he's a goalie coach! The goalie's seemed to love Thomson so no reason why he shouldn't stay?

California-Hibs
15-06-2014, 05:50 AM
The boy is a fat ****. If he's willing to travel the country Scouting for us then fair enough.

But not a chance he's a goalie coach! The goalie's seemed to love Thomson so no reason why he shouldn't stay?

Think he already left Hibs a while back..

erin go bragh
15-06-2014, 09:41 AM
This is a tad confusing ! Has Marsella left or not ?

Ggtth

Eyrie
15-06-2014, 11:28 AM
This is a tad confusing ! Has Marsella left or not ?

Ggtth

Retained as a scout only.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-06-2014, 12:59 PM
Think he already left Hibs a while back..

Nope, he's still employed by Hibs, he was helping out at Cowden

erin go bragh
15-06-2014, 07:05 PM

Ok , cheers .
If the Jan loans were his recommendations . he should have went with the others . imo .

Ggtth

MontrealHibs
15-06-2014, 07:15 PM

Gordon Marshall will be back shortly....

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Fine if he can go and get players for the new manager to look at. I know that a lot of posters are getting anxious about the lack of movement on the player front, but IMO we have been there and done that with " they are not my players", so we need all the players that make up the squad for next season, to be there because the new manager has decided that.

Crab apple
15-06-2014, 08:15 PM

According to Dempster he is staying. "I see him as a valuable part of the club" "He has some skills we can use"
She's meeting him tomorrow according to the Sunday Times. Today she's been meeting potential managerial candidates.

Itsnoteasy
15-06-2014, 10:05 PM
Gordon Marshall will be back shortly....

No thanks