PDA

View Full Version : Petrie leave our club now.

Pages : [1] 2

silverhibee
10-06-2014, 02:45 PM
As it says, just go for your part in getting our club relegated, if everyone is culpable then you need to resign from Hibs tonight.

dmc1875
10-06-2014, 02:47 PM
While we all wish this to be the case I think there is 0% chance he will go anywhere and that will also be the stance of STF

Saorsa
As it says, just go for your part in getting our club relegated, if everyone is culpable then you need to resign from Hibs tonight.still he carries on efter yet another managerial failure.

Hibernian Verse
I might be wrong but I think this has been covered in details. Pointless thread.

DaveF
10-06-2014, 02:49 PM
There really isn't any excuse for it now. Another managerial failure against him, yet he still hangs around like a fart in a space suit.

#petrieout

BoltonHibee
10-06-2014, 02:49 PM
Yet another failed appointment!

Get out of our club now, you have well over stayed your welcome

darwenhibby
10-06-2014, 02:54 PM
Yet another failed appointment!

Get out of our club now, you have well over stayed your welcome

Your time has arrived Chosen One!!

greenpaper55
10-06-2014, 02:57 PM
Wonder how much the total cost of his f*** ups is?.

Baldy Foghorn
10-06-2014, 03:04 PM
His ineptitude is beyond comprehension.......If he thinks he should still remain, whilst everyone else goes, says everything about his arrogance.

Stevie Reid
10-06-2014, 03:06 PM
Not bothered about this for now. Have faith that Dempster is in control of the most important elements that will determine our success on the park next season, and going forward.

Happy to let her get on with it, us as a support undermining her doesn't help IMO - though I fully respect why people want Petrie gone. Ideally I do too, but it's less of a problem now TB is away.

marinello59
10-06-2014, 03:07 PM
His ineptitude is beyond comprehension.......If he thinks he should still remain, whilst everyone else goes, says everything about his arrogance.

Aye.
Butcher has paid the price, now he has to go as well. There is no justification whatsoever for him remaining at the club now, he really must do the honourable thing.

Sumner
10-06-2014, 03:09 PM
If Butcher has gone, but we are expected to stomach Petrie staying the attendances are going to suffer I reckon.. what will it take for this man to leave, he must realise he is LOATHED ..

PETRIE GO NOW !!!

AlbertK86
10-06-2014, 03:14 PM

100 % spot on

How many times can he get away with effin it up

Any other business he would have been long gone

We took the piss out of Romanov but this clown is worse for hiring and firing.... Has cost us a fortune in compensation

Surely the press must really question him now

Guaranteed he'll still be smirking

PatHead
10-06-2014, 03:22 PM
Think the polls showed around 60% wanted Butcher gone with over 90% wanting Petrie out. Rod you can't hide behind another sacking please empty your desk now. Hardly anybody wants you at our club.

Slim Shady
10-06-2014, 03:22 PM
As it says, just go for your part in getting our club relegated, if everyone is culpable then you need to resign from Hibs tonight.

Exactly. The very fact that he was even part of the meeting and had something to say on the matter on Official website gets me angry.

Resign now before any further damage is done to our club.

Sumner
10-06-2014, 03:25 PM
Think the polls showed around 60% wanted Butcher gone with over 90% wanting Petrie out. Rod you can't hide behind another sacking please empty your desk now. Hardly anybody wants you at our club.

Petrie is hiding behind another sacking
and hiding behind Dempster's skirt..

PETRIE OUT NOW !!!

sesoim
10-06-2014, 03:26 PM
I might be wrong but I think this has been covered in details. Pointless thread.

Arrogant so and so. Of course Petrie's position has been discussed millions of times already, but surely the fact that Butcher has now been sacked makes his position even more worthy of discussion?

Saorsa
10-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Aye.
Butcher has paid the price, now he has to go as well. There is no justification whatsoever for him remaining at the club now, he really must do the honourable thing.Somebody would have tae explain the concept of that tae him, he has nae shame.

silverhibee
10-06-2014, 03:32 PM
still he carries on efter yet another managerial failure.

Unf***ingtouchable

silverhibee
10-06-2014, 03:34 PM

Yeah we were told once again that Petrie would be taking a back seat, seems it is right behind Leeann.

silverhibee
10-06-2014, 03:36 PM
There really isn't any excuse for it now. Another managerial failure against him, yet he still hangs around like a fart in a space suit.

#petrieout

More ammo for the #petrieout campaign.

Aldo
10-06-2014, 03:40 PM
Unf***ingtouchable

Appears to be the case Silver.

I wonder if the timing of the 'relieving of the duties' has anything to do with testing the waters elsewhere??

BroxburnHibee
10-06-2014, 03:44 PM
Yet another failed appointment Rod.

When are YOU going to take some blame?

Saorsa
10-06-2014, 03:50 PM
Yeah we were told once again that Petrie would be taking a back seat, seems it is right behind Leeann.quelle surprise

Peevemor
10-06-2014, 03:55 PM
If TB had been kept on, people would have been up in arms against RP because he wouldn't let LD sack him due to the cost. Butcher gets sacked and, lo and behold, another Petrie out thread. People were outraged that RP went to the meeting to sack Butcher, yet at the same time he's a coward for appointing and hiding behind LD.

I'm in no way sticking up for RP here, but is there any need for a new GTF Petrie thread every time he moves a muscle?

silverhibee
10-06-2014, 03:55 PM
Appears to be the case Silver.

I wonder if the timing of the 'relieving of the duties' has anything to do with testing the waters elsewhere??

There has to be a ready made replacement bud to take over straight away, time is not on our hands to be waiting on folk applying for the job, then they have to find a new team to put together for next season in the space of a few weeks.

Petries mess and he is still here. :rolleyes:

#petrieout

alfieboi75
10-06-2014, 03:58 PM
It's so frustrating that Petrie has yet to go and Butcher is out before him!!!!

Get it sorted FARMER!!!

Sir David Gray
10-06-2014, 03:59 PM
It needs to happen for the good of this club.

He must stand down now and let the club come together and move forward.

blackpoolhibs
10-06-2014, 03:59 PM
And still some folk will say he's done well financially, and got the books balanced. I'd love to know just how much we have had to pay out in compensation to other clubs for their managers, and compensation on pay offs for the clowns PETRIE has appointed?

Never mind though, the infrastructure is good, and we will play in the 2nd biggest all seater stadium in the championship.

Aldo
10-06-2014, 04:00 PM
There has to be a ready made replacement bud to take over straight away, time is not on our hands to be waiting on folk applying for the job, then they have to find a new team to put together for next season in the space of a few weeks. Petries mess and he is still here. :rolleyes: #petrieout

That's my thinking behind it anyway. We need to appoint by the end of the week IMHO (which is only a few days away) to stand any chance of not getting the bargain of bargains in the transfer window.

This makes me think McCall but we are going to have to wait and see who takes the poison chalice.

As for Petrie - don't need to.

#petrieout

BT58
10-06-2014, 04:02 PM
How many managers and assistants have we paid off now
We actually paid cash for TB and co to
If the stories about SMcC are true how much will this cost ???
RP GTF
victor

500miles
10-06-2014, 04:02 PM
Butcher's failure was Petrie's fault. OH. MAH. SIDES.

The support got what they asked for.

PatHead
10-06-2014, 04:04 PM
If TB had been kept on, people would have been up in arms against RP because he wouldn't let LD sack him due to the cost. Butcher gets sacked and, lo and behold, another Petrie out thread. People were outraged that RP went to the meeting to sack Butcher, yet at the same time he's a coward for appointing and hiding behind LD.

I'm in no way sticking up for RP here, but is there any need for a new GTF Petrie thread every time he moves a muscle?

It is not a case of a thread for him moving a muscle but for him being made of teflon. The man has made Hibs a laughing stock, run the club into the ground by creating poisonous atmosphere and a culture where players ran the roost, peed off all the supporters and become a cancer within our club yet he seems to be infallible.

Wish he would just leave and leave today for the last time.

He did well to create the facilities but is not capable of running our club. He says he will hand over day to day running of the club to Leeann then goes to the first high profile meeting. I won't believe he is giving Leeann a free hand until he leaves the club. I know she is a strong personality but he must be a hindrance rather than a help and therefore must go.

--------
10-06-2014, 04:05 PM

:agree: As the man says - GO!

Peevemor
10-06-2014, 04:07 PM
And we need yet another thread to go over all this again?

I feel like I've walked into The Life of Brian.

PatHead
10-06-2014, 04:12 PM
Shame Petrie couldn't get a Directorship with Spartans allowing him to get SFA job. If we have any weight in this new relationship maybe that would work?

Squealing pig
10-06-2014, 04:15 PM
Everyone blaming Petrie but most of the posters on here wanted butcher in charge, doesn't make much sense.

Chuck Rhoades
10-06-2014, 04:15 PM
I hope the sacking of TB will not fully distract the core of our support that want to see RP step aside from our club. RP is still the failing common denominator at our club.

Petrie Out!

Bostonhibby
10-06-2014, 04:18 PM
Agree, more so now we have blown even more cash paying off his latest mistakes. Pity Butcher will be gagged as I am sure there's a tale to tell around wages for targets like Adam Rooney.

lugz
10-06-2014, 04:18 PM
This 100% Petrie out!!

Stevie Reid
10-06-2014, 04:20 PM
The main issue is appointing a manager and signing players that will get us back in the SPL, and thriving in there.

It would be helpful if Petrie went, but there has to come a point where we accept where we are and get on with it. He is a toxic presence but much less of a problem now Butcher has gone IMO.

Siralbertkidd
10-06-2014, 04:20 PM
I hope the sacking of TB will not fully distract the core of our support that want to see RP step aside from our club. RP is still the failing common denominator at our club.

Petrie Out!

Not the main issue for me, main issue is winning the title at first attempt.

ionahibby
10-06-2014, 04:22 PM
Maybe the "Petrie out" thing is what might be distracting people from the real issues.

Lucius Apuleius
10-06-2014, 04:26 PM
Agree, more so now we have blown even more cash paying off his latest mistakes. Pity Butcher will be gagged as I am sure there's a tale to tell around wages for targets like Adam Rooney.

I don't get this. Why would he be gagged and how would it be enforced? If I had just been sacked from a job and I had some gripes then without a doubt they would be aired.

PatHead
10-06-2014, 04:27 PM
Everyone blaming Petrie but most of the posters on here wanted butcher in charge, doesn't make much sense.

I thought Butcher was a great appointment. I did however want Petrie out then and still do now. The 2 things are not mutually exclusive.

If Butcher had to go Petrie is equally liable.

Beefster
10-06-2014, 04:36 PM

Petrie Out!

Sorry Ross, the main issue for me is getting behind the club, Dempster, the new manager and the players and getting up at the first attempt.

I'd rather see us go back up next May with Rodders as Chairman than not go up with someone else as Chairman.

RIP
10-06-2014, 04:36 PM
We need the Winds of Change to blow through the club at every level

6 managers sacked or resigned and 2 CEO's who walked. 8 failed appointments in a row

Keeping the incumbent in role tells the world there is no penalty for failure

It will be seen as a fudge of the highest order if he is allowed to keep his role

Leeann Dempster needs a new Chairman to support her out of this mess. Someone with passion for the club, fresh ideas and energy. Someone who understands how to restructure a business

Onion
10-06-2014, 04:37 PM

What do you want us to do, sack ourselves or keep him on as further punishment ? We didn't want Butcher, we want a winning team that plays decent football. What we got was the complete opposite. Petrie was tasked with delivering the management team that achieved that. He failed.

The only reason Hibs fans are so bothered about who we appoint is because the man tasked with the last 5 appointments has ****ed it up. If LD was to appoint a nobody who we've never heard of and they delivered success there would be no complaints. Think Mowbray !

blackpoolhibs
10-06-2014, 04:39 PM
What do you want us to do, sack ourselves or keep him on as further punishment ? We didn't want Butcher, we want a winning team that plays decent football. What we got was the complete opposite. Petrie was tasked with delivering the management team that achieved that. He failed.

The only reason Hibs fans are so bothered about who we appoint is because the man tasked with the last 5 appointments has ****ed it up. If LD was to appoint a nobody who we've never heard of and they delivered success there would be no complaints. Think Mowbray !

:greengrin :top marks

oregonhibby
10-06-2014, 04:40 PM
I don't get this. Why would he be gagged and how would it be enforced? If I had just been sacked from a job and I had some gripes then without a doubt they would be aired.

His settlement agreement will include a gagging clause in return for money. Standard practice.

GoldenEagle
10-06-2014, 04:41 PM
So Leeann Dempster has full autonomy over all football matters yet it was Rod Petrie and her that met with Terry Butcher. How does that work?

And why would Rod Petrie need to say that Leeann would now need the search for a new manager if she has full autonomy.

You have to wonder eh?!

Chuck Rhoades
10-06-2014, 04:43 PM
Maybe the "Petrie out" thing is what might be distracting people from the real issues.

What do you feel are the real issues that have caused this?

marinello59
10-06-2014, 04:44 PM
So Leeann Dempster has full autonomy over all football matters yet it was Rod Petrie and her that met with Terry Butcher. How does that work?

And why would Rod Petrie need to say that Leeann would now need the search for a new manager if she has full autonomy.

You have to wonder eh?!

And if he didn't say she had full autonomy it would be used as proof that she didn't. It's all getting pretty tedious now. I truly believe Petrie should be gone but aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!
All these snipes will not damage Petrie any further, they will simply help to undermine LD.

Paisley Hibby
10-06-2014, 04:45 PM

Butcher got us relegated, not Petrie. We wanted Butcher the club got him. Butcher turned out to be mince so he's been launched. I can't see how any of that is Petrie's fault?

Beefster
10-06-2014, 04:46 PM

You have to wonder eh?!

Rodders backed Butcher straight after relegation. Folk said Dempster could only prove her 'power' by going against what Rodders said and sacking Butcher. Dempster sacks Butcher. Folk don't believe she did it.

Paisley Hibby
10-06-2014, 04:46 PM
And if he didn't say she had full autonomy it would be used as proof that she didn't. It's all getting pretty tedious now. I truly believe Petrie should be gone but aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!
All these snipes will not damage Petrie any further, they will simply help to undermine LD.

Well said.

Beefster
10-06-2014, 04:48 PM

Some are actively going out of their way to do just that.

WhileTheChief..
10-06-2014, 04:50 PM
Petrie has just done 2 of his better things whilst at ER in bringing in LD and getting rid of TB so I'm not too bothered about him going.

Lucius Apuleius
10-06-2014, 04:52 PM
His settlement agreement will include a gagging clause in return for money. Standard practice.

Not been standard practice in any industry I have been in. I say again, if I was sacked and i thought unfairly so I would say something. What are they going to do, sue? By then the details are out there. Much vaunted but yetto be proven in my opinion.

jeffers
10-06-2014, 04:54 PM

Why does he need to say anything at all ? Or be involved in the meeting with TB ? LD runs things on a day to day basis, makes the decisions and reports back to the board, yet the first major issue she has to deal with RP is sitting along side her. I'm delighted TB has gone, but if anything it should increase the pressure on removing RP.

edwards
TIME TO CATCH THAT TAXI ROD :agree:

PETRIE OUT

silverhibee

Butcher wasn't my choice to become our manager.

It was Rod Petrie's choice to bring in TB & co, no one else's, another failure, how many is that, 10, losing count we go through so many managers nowadays, and common theme is Petrie sacks them to take the heat of himself, no shame.

#petrieout

silverhibee
10-06-2014, 04:59 PM
Not the main issue for me, main issue is winning the title at first attempt.

How much is it costing us on Petrie's mistakes, if there is no uptake in ST for this season then the new manager coming in could find his budget cut due to us paying of another of Petrie's mistakes, that money would have helped us get up at the first attempt, the man needs to do the right thing and f*** off. Simple

Lucius Apuleius
10-06-2014, 04:59 PM
Butcher wasn't my choice to become our manager.

It was Rod Petrie's choice to bring in TB & co, no one else's, another failure, how many is that, 10, losing count we go through so many managers nowadays, and common theme is Petrie sacks them to take the heat of himself, no shame.

#petrieout

:agree: yep, he employs the guy most of us want and then sacks them when we want them sacked. He should stop reading this bloody board. DONT LISTEN TO US PETRIE.Apart from leaving that is.

Sumner
10-06-2014, 05:01 PM
TIME TO CATCH THAT TAXI ROD :agree:

PETRIE OUT

.. and pay for it yourself Rod..

PETRIE OUT

silverhibee
10-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Butcher got us relegated, not Petrie. We wanted Butcher the club got him. Butcher turned out to be mince so he's been launched. I can't see how any of that is Petrie's fault?

Remind me, who hired Butcher.

Peevemor
10-06-2014, 05:07 PM

Exactly, as well as making the Petrie out campaign look childish and petty.

Sumner
10-06-2014, 05:08 PM

That would be hire-and-fire, deflect the failure to others Petrie

Petrie OUT

Baldy Foghorn
10-06-2014, 05:09 PM
Exactly, as well as making the Petrie out campaign look childish and petty.

How?

silverhibee
10-06-2014, 05:13 PM
Rodders backed Butcher straight after relegation. Folk said Dempster could only prove her 'power' by going against what Rodders said and sacking Butcher. Dempster sacks Butcher. Folk don't believe she did it.

I believe she done it Beefster, why couldn't it have just been another board member who done the deed with LD, why did it have to be Petrie, it only adds fuel to the fire that he can't help himself getting involved, it would have sent a clear message out that if Petrie wasn't there that he isn't involved anymore and taking a back seat, but only days after being told he won't be involved he is seen leaving ER today after being involved in the sacking of Butcher.

Paisley Hibby
10-06-2014, 05:17 PM

If Butcher had been a left field appointment by Petrie then I'd take your point. But the thing is Butcher was widely seen as exactly what we needed and his appointment was welcomed by the majority of fans. So for folk to give it tight to Petrie because Butcher was a flop is unfair. There's lot's of other decisions he did get wrong though - eg appointing Calderwood and then hanging on to him in Summer 2012.

Saorsa

I feel like I've walked into The Life of Brian.and you need tae read them? somebody making you click on the threads? It's no your place tae tell people what they can and cannae post about, you however have the choice of whether or no tae read them, other people have the choice of whether tae post them and if you dinnae like it you can always.......

#petrieout

greenpaper55
Watched him on STV news refusing to answer questions, why should he it's only our money he has wasted after all !. he looked as seek as a dug and let's hope his resignation is on it's way.

Saorsa
10-06-2014, 05:19 PM

I'm in no way sticking up for RP here, but is there any need for a new GTF Petrie thread every time he moves a muscle?yes, until those muscles move him towards the exit.

#petrieout

Smartie
10-06-2014, 05:19 PM

If only it was that simple.

Petrie, Farmer, Fenlon, Butcher, Malpas, Calderwood, Collins, Thomson, Craig, McGivern, Nelson, Harris, Forster and many many more all have their grubby fingerprints all over our relegation.

Hibs badly need to change the way they go about things. The "silver bullet" for individuals (normally managers) hasn't done anything to change our fortunes over the past few years. We need far reaching change, more than anything a strong board that will back their manager in the face of criticism.

I can just about accept Butcher's sacking based on the dire football over he last few months - no doubt he contributed to our downfall. He wasn't given much of a chance but he failed to take the chance he was given.

Petrie has been given multiple chances to change his approach, has failed, and imo MUST now leave.

jax67
10-06-2014, 05:20 PM

There's a need for a GTF Petrie thread every day until he's gone, surely?!!

Saorsa
10-06-2014, 05:20 PM
Watched him on STV news refusing to answer questions, why should he it's only our money he has wasted after all !. he looked as seek as a dug and let's hope his resignation is on it's way.same attitude as always, little wonder the media as well as a large number of fans cannae stand him, ignorant ****.

#petrieout

Sumner
10-06-2014, 05:24 PM
same attitude as always, little wonder the media as well as a large number of fans cannae stand him, ignorant ****.

#petrieout

indeed.. PETRIE OUT

Smartie
10-06-2014, 05:24 PM

I feel like I've walked into The Life of Brian.

Some people may have changed their mind about Petrie in the wake of what's happened today so I reckon it's fair enough to do this again.

FWIW I've changed my mind - I was prepared to give Petrie one last chance on the condition that he left LD alone to get on with things.

The most important thing that Hibs have to learn to do is to back a manger and stick by him when the natives get a bit restless. I have no confidence in Petrie to do this and now want him to go. He's had umpteen chances to change and hasn't.

Chuck Rhoades
10-06-2014, 05:25 PM
Spot on for Simon Pia there on STV News.

AlbertK86
10-06-2014, 05:26 PM
Not been standard practice in any industry I have been in. I say again, if I was sacked and i thought unfairly so I would say something. What are they going to do, sue? By then the details are out there. Much vaunted but yetto be proven in my opinion.

Have you ever worked for anybody as sneaky and egotistical as KING ROD 😉

AlbertK86
10-06-2014, 05:28 PM
Spot on for Simon Pia there on STV News.

Indeed he did

Correct message

Press should all be asking questions of Petrie and forcing the issue

Saorsa
10-06-2014, 05:31 PM
Spot on for Simon Pia there on STV News.what did he say?

Turkish Green
10-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Despite today's news I gave not changed my opinion...

PETRIE OOT

Arch Stanton
10-06-2014, 05:40 PM
I agree that the fuss about RP is getting counter-productive and in my view also irrelevant. He isn't CEO anymore, LD is and that's all that matters.

All in all, the collapse of RBS was arguably a bigger disaster than the Hibs' 2013/2014 season but the chairman never got a mention, only Fred Goodwin.

Saorsa
10-06-2014, 05:41 PM
His ineptitude is beyond comprehension.......If he thinks he should still remain, whilst everyone else goes, says everything about his arrogance.Correct, I think TB had tae go in the end but he's just another patsy in a long line of patsies who have taken the fall while the real architect of our downfall remains and carries on regardless.

#petrieout

wills
10-06-2014, 05:42 PM
Why was butcher given the authority to release all those players out of contract and tell others they are free to find new clubs if the board were looking at his position. Would it not have made sense to allow LD time in the job to review everything and if she had doubts about TB she could have told all players released to hold on until mid June to see if a new manager wanted to keep anyone.

pity the new manager coming in and trying to find a whole new team

Stevie Reid
10-06-2014, 05:43 PM
Pia made some good points but his statement that Hibs were a team that was "on its knees" when Butcher arrived is ridiculous. We were an average SPL team, that Butcher turned into the worst in the division.

Lucius Apuleius
10-06-2014, 05:47 PM
Have you ever worked for anybody as sneaky and egotistical as KING ROD 

Having never worked with or for KING ROD, I can't say. I have had some right assholes as bosses though. However not one ofthem would have stopped me having a say should I have been sacked for something in my opinion undeserved. I have signed many contracts where I have agreed not to disclose company info and working practices but nothing gagging me in perceived unfair dismissal. I have also signed contracts agreeing not to work in the same country for two years after leaving a company but again,nothing gagging me.

Peevemor
10-06-2014, 06:05 PM
and you need tae read them? somebody making you click on the threads? It's no your place tae tell people what they can and cannae post about, you however have the choice of whether or no tae read them, other people have the choice of whether tae post them and if you dinnae like it you can always.......

#petrieout

Where did I tell people what they can or can't post? I only questioned the need for yet another Petrie out thread.

Is that OK with you, or do you decide what I have the right to post?

Saorsa
10-06-2014, 06:07 PM
Where did I tell people what they can or can't post? I only questioned the need for yet another Petrie out thread.

Is that OK with you, or do you decide what I have the right to post?The poster who started it obviously thought there was so started one. :aok: I wholeheartedly agree with him. There's need for lots of them, hope that's ok with you, too bad if it isnae I guess. :aok:

john18722
10-06-2014, 06:12 PM
Not bothered about this for now. Have faith that Dempster is in control of the most important elements that will determine our success on the park next season, and going forward.

Happy to let her get on with it, us as a support undermining her doesn't help IMO - though I fully respect why people want Petrie gone. Ideally I do too, but it's less of a problem now TB is away.

:agree:Totally agree with this

silverhibee
10-06-2014, 06:16 PM
Having never worked with or for KING ROD, I can't say. I have had some right assholes as bosses though. However not one ofthem would have stopped me having a say should I have been sacked for something in my opinion undeserved. I have signed many contracts where I have agreed not to disclose company info and working practices but nothing gagging me in perceived unfair dismissal. I have also signed contracts agreeing not to work in the same country for two years after leaving a company but again,nothing gagging me.

There is having your say, and there is running to the press to badmouth the last club you were at, you didn't go to the press or that may have harmed your chances of getting another decent job, TB won't say anything if he is wanting to get back in to football.

AlbertK86
10-06-2014, 06:19 PM

You're obviously a right rebel !!!!!! 😉😉

Peevemor
10-06-2014, 06:20 PM
The poster who started it obviously thought there was so started one. :aok: I wholeheartedly agree with him. There's need for lots of them, hope that's ok with you, too bad if it isnae I guess. :aok:

Fine. So where did I tell people what they can and can't post?

Captain Trips
10-06-2014, 06:21 PM

Correct.

You hired yet again the wrong manager causing our relegation an utter disgrace you are still at club in any capacity.

Sumner
10-06-2014, 06:29 PM
... can I just add ..

PETRIE OUT

oregonhibby
10-06-2014, 06:54 PM

His settlement agreement will have a clause which is assigned a value (probably significant) for him to agree to not disclose the reasons behind or the amount paid for his dismissal. This will be over and above any confidentiality clause in contracts. There will be a mutual no rubbishing clause as well. Fenlon, when he walked, could say what he wanted - provided it was truthful - and he has had his say in the papers. He didn't go as far as he could so he may have accepted some arrangement but that is pure speculation. Also as others say rubbishing an employer doesn't endear you to others.

Been in industry for 35 years and worked on a number of compromise agreements, now called settlement agreements, for, generally very senior staff who have left businesses where I have worked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Scouse Hibee
10-06-2014, 07:09 PM
Correct.

You hired yet again the wrong manager causing our relegation an utter disgrace you are still at club in any capacity.

Did he though? I'm not so sure he did, I'm pretty convinced that whoever he hires will become the wrong manager regardless of who they are due to something rotten at our club. Not quite sure what, but I am certain of the common denominator GTF Tache Man.

Scouse Hibee
10-06-2014, 07:11 PM
His settlement agreement will have a clause which is assigned a value (probably significant) for him to agree to not disclose the reasons behind or the amount paid for his dismissal. This will be over and above any confidentiality clause in contracts. There will be a mutual no rubbishing clause as well. Fenlon, when he walked, could say what he wanted - provided it was truthful - and he has had his say in the papers. He didn't go as far as he could so he may have accepted some arrangement but that is pure speculation. Also as others say rubbishing an employer doesn't endear you to others.

Been in industry for 35 years and worked on a number of compromise agreements, now called settlement agreements, for, generally very senior staff who have left businesses where I have worked.

Serous question, why would we give him a settlement agreement? His dismissal is performance related so why give him anything.

oregonhibby
10-06-2014, 07:13 PM
You never know what was said, what was promised and this way you never will.

Lucius Apuleius
10-06-2014, 07:29 PM
There is having your say, and there is running to the press to badmouth the last club you were at, you didn't go to the press or that may have harmed your chances of getting another decent job, TB won't say anything if he is wanting to get back in to football.

Nobody is asking anyone to badmouth anyone. If you state the truth then you should have no problem saying what you believe. Terry Butcher is 2 years younger than me and has spent his life in a job that pasy a bit more than I have earned in life yet I can live quite happily without having to rely on keeping my mouth shut about something that was wrong at my last job. Not saying something because he is frightened of not getting another decent job makes him a bigger coward that I would ever have thought, especially since I have met the man a few times when he lived in Bridge of Allan.

You're obviously a right rebel !!!!!! 

Not being sure where sarcasm begins and ends any more on hibs net, I will take that as being a compliment. :greengrin

Same response as to Silver. Nobody needs to rubbish anyone. Any clause in my contract where I would be stopped from stating my mind, especially in a senior management position would be discussed pretty damn hotly with the idiots in HR who proposed it.

Sent from my PC with finf=gers. (thick ones)

oregonhibby
10-06-2014, 07:32 PM
Aye and you would walk away with a lot less money than was possibly offered.

It works at a certain level because reputations are maintained. If it were a lower level then say what you want but it is more unlikely that you would have enough ammunition to make any impact.

10-06-2014, 07:36 PM
Many of us tonight are glad that Butcher is gone but make no mistake this was LEANNE DEMPSTERS decision - not Petries. I reckon if Petrie was still fully in charge he would have kept Butcher as he would probably see sacking the man 7/8 months after HE employed him as an admission he got it very wrong and his ego wouldn't allow that. I'm sure he's hoping that todays decision has taken a bit of heat off him as it's considered good news by the majority of fans.

Leanne has taken charge and looks like she is willing to make big decisions but Petrie is still up there on his perch and regardless of Dempsters role he should still be removed.

AlbertK86
10-06-2014, 07:37 PM
Nobody is asking anyone to badmouth anyone. If you state the truth then you should have no problem saying what you believe. Terry Butcher is 2 years younger than me and has spent his life in a job that pasy a bit more than I have earned in life yet I can live quite happily without having to rely on keeping my mouth shut about something that was wrong at my last job. Not saying something because he is frightened of not getting another decent job makes him a bigger coward that I would ever have thought, especially since I have met the man a few times when he lived in Bridge of Allan. Not being sure where sarcasm begins and ends any more on hibs net, I will take that as being a compliment. :greengrin Same response as to Silver. Nobody needs to rubbish anyone. Any clause in my contract where I would be stopped from stating my mind, especially in a senior management position would be discussed pretty damn hotly with the idiots in HR who proposed it. Sent from my PC with finf=gers. (thick ones)

It was indeed a compliment

Lucius Apuleius
10-06-2014, 07:41 PM
Aye and you would walk away with a lot less money than was possibly offered.

It works at a certain level because reputations are maintained. If it were a lower level then say what you want but it is more unlikely that you would have enough ammunition to make any impact.

Not going to pursue the point mate, life has more pressing matters. If I have received my end of contract bonus, as I did, and then decided to say on social media or elsewhere that the company were a bunch of tossers and not to go to work for them etc etc the company sure would not be happy (if they ever found out) but they could not take my severance pay away from me. Likewise with Butcher, if he receives a severance then says that the reason he was sacked was because Petrie was a tight ass, could Hibs sue him for the money? If he said he was sacked because he did not fit in with the ethos of the club could he be sued? Not really seeing what can be so important in a football manager's job that would make a "gagging clause" necessary.

oregonhibby
10-06-2014, 07:44 PM
Absolutely. All pure conjecture. Doubt we will hear anything from either party in any case!

There are really important things to worry about in the world. Like using rape as a weapon of war. That is important not what is going on at Hibs.

GoldenEagle
10-06-2014, 07:44 PM

Sorry M, I can't agree and you've only chosen to quote the 2nd sentence and ignored the fact that Rod Petrie was involved in the sacking of Terry Butcher despite LD advising that she had full control over all football matters.

There was even more to come when she was asked by Brian McLauchlin if she was the one that sacked Terry Butcher, she advised that it was a Board decision (led by Rod Petrie). She was asked if she recommended to the Board to sack Terry Butcher and she declined to comment but did say that she was heavily involved. I'd say that suggests that she doesn't have full autonomy of everything football, would you?

To even read Rod Petrie's name twice in the first couple of paragraphs announcing that Terry had been sacked was disappointing to say the least.

This was the first big test of her autonomy quote on all football matters and I'd say that someone has messed up again with the statement which has brought the whole Petrie thing back around again.

Yes its all very petty and doesn't help the club by typing this but it does suggest to me that there's still one man that holds the power at the football club; which is hugely disappointing but not surprising.

VPHIBEE
10-06-2014, 07:48 PM
The organisers of the Petrie out campaign have done a sterling job. The protest these guys started must be seen to a conclusion.

Petrie must go, as we all know he has presided over disaster after disaster.

blackpoolhibs
10-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Sorry M, I can't agree and you've only chosen to quote the 2nd sentence and ignored the fact that Rod Petrie was involved in the sacking of Terry Butcher despite LD advising that she had full control over all football matters.

There was even more to come when she was asked by Brian McLauchlin if she was the one that sacked Terry Butcher, she advised that it was a Board decision (led by Rod Petrie). She was asked if she recommended to the Board to sack Terry Butcher and she declined to comment but did say that she was heavily involved. I'd say that suggests that she doesn't have full autonomy of everything football, would you?

To even read Rod Petrie's name twice in the first couple of paragraphs announcing that Terry had been sacked was disappointing to say the least.

This was the first big test of her autonomy quote on all football matters and I'd say that someone has messed up again with the statement which has brought the whole Petrie thing back around again.

Yes its all very petty and doesn't help the club by typing this but it does suggest to me that there's still one man that holds the power at the football club; which is hugely disappointing but not surprising.

Absolutely spot on. :top marks

147lothian
10-06-2014, 08:03 PM

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif
What a good post, wanting 'the board' to take the flak but still be there as messenger boy, mr only one capable of communicating with the absent owner, not for me, Petrie Out!

Gustavo Fring
10-06-2014, 08:07 PM
petrie has to go

Bostonhibby
10-06-2014, 08:20 PM

Yep, spot on, this sadly tells us all we need to know about the reality of Petries position on the board and the power of the board itself in relation to the CEO's autonomy.

On these facts here it amounts to the autonomy to formulate a position and make recommendations to the board expecting them to be backed, but that's as far as it goes unless there are specific areas already delegated by the board. One things clear - at certain levels the board can veto the CEO and guess who is on the board with a finger very much in the pie? If its not Petrie then what other board members are effectively in the way of the autonomy or at least more accountable than the CEO?

Non exec my erse - it feels like there is simply another buffer required and even Petrie has realised that the amount of jettisoned managers leading directly to him are starting to look ridiculous.

I think Leeann is savvy enough to push back if there is interference but I don't think her having to do this is particularly helpful either

Brightside
10-06-2014, 08:43 PM
Can i ask one qn. Who is buying Petrie's 10% and position on the board? In the past few years he's actually done what the fans asked for. Get rid of Fenlon (DONE). Signed Butcher (at least 80% thought it was a great appt). Gets rid of Butcher (at least 80% asked for it). Get a proper CEO signed up to run the football side of the club. (DONE). If he actually was to go what difference would it make now?

Jonnyboy
10-06-2014, 08:49 PM
I understand and agree with the Petrie out campaign but am saddened to read LD suggested as only being there so RP can hide behind her. Why not judge her on what's to come, rather than dissing her because you don't like the fact RP is still on the Board. She can't sack him - real fact as opposed to a Hibs.net one :wink:

Oh and Golden Eagle, my take on the 'heavily involved' quote was her saying yes she was instrumental and recommended it to the Board. I guess that shows that whatever she says it is likely to be interpreted in different ways by different folk :greengrin

Lewis77
10-06-2014, 08:58 PM
If anyone thinks that Petrie is not in charge they're deluded.

HibbyAndy
10-06-2014, 08:59 PM
If anyone thinks that Petrie is not in charge they're deluded.

Correct

Gustavo Fring
10-06-2014, 09:00 PM
Can i ask one qn. Who is buying Petrie's 10% and position on the board? In the past few years he's actually done what the fans asked for. Get rid of Fenlon (DONE). Signed Butcher (at least 80% thought it was a great appt). Gets rid of Butcher (at least 80% asked for it). Get a proper CEO signed up to run the football side of the club. (DONE). If he actually was to go what difference would it make now?

chuck norris

HibbyAndy
10-06-2014, 09:01 PM
chuck norris

You always have to be a d**k?

Lucius Apuleius
10-06-2014, 09:04 PM
Okay, hand half way up. My name is Lucius Apuleius and I am deluded.

GoldenEagle
10-06-2014, 09:04 PM
I understand and agree with the Petrie out campaign but am saddened to read LD suggested as only being there so RP can hide behind her. Why not judge her on what's to come, rather than dissing her because you don't like the fact RP is still on the Board. She can't sack him - real fact as opposed to a Hibs.net one :wink:

Oh and Golden Eagle, my take on the 'heavily involved' quote was her saying yes she was instrumental and recommended it to the Board. I guess that shows that whatever she says it is likely to be interpreted in different ways by different folk :greengrin

JB, I don't think that LD was brought in to shield RP (as opposed to SL and FH who were IMO).

However I also don't believe for a minute that RP will or can hand over to LD completely. It's not in his nature.

My fear is that the corporate governance of RP's reign will make it impossible for her to implement all her goals and aims, we'll end up losing another 'good yin'.

It's another example though of the terrible job that David Forsyth does of the PR at Hibs. This was an excellent opportunity to show exactly who is in charge of football matters and only at Hibs could we F it up by mentioning RP twice in the opening lines.

His interference and influence will continue at Hibs of that there is very little doubt.

Perhaps Leeann could come on here and quickly put me in my place, I'd like nothing more than to be proved wrong but until such time myself, and thousands of others, will expect the same result and see an employee of Hibernian FC stifled into submission. It might not happen this year but it will happen.

Bostonhibby
10-06-2014, 09:09 PM

Good question, and there could well be a variety of equally credible answers.

My take on it is that Petries 10% in the holding company isn't going to be offered up so buying isn't on the cards.

I think most people see his going from thE football club board as the only way of getting proof positive that he is no longer involved in the football side where he has presided over quite a few disasters, more than most other equivalent holders of the position would survive in other walks of life. He potentially would still wield as much influence as a shareholder in the holding company but I do not know enough about how that works as between him and STF.

I guess no one wanted any of the managers appointed to fail but the buck stops somewhere for so many bad appointments and for at least some of the factors that caused their failure not to mention the cost of paying them off. For example very few understood why he did not get Coco the clown out the door to Birmingham for money instead of having to pay him off shortly after.

There are understandably suspicions and concerns that he remains more involved than he says he is - the process for removing Butcher gives an insight how he will still be involved - where else might he cross over into the autonomy of the CEO? How much influence will he exert on the board of the football club that he still sits on?

It is a question of what the CEO needs to go to the board on and why, every time she does Rod retains a say, indeed he is the only board member who has a significant stake in the club and influence through the holding company perhaps too.

I think going now sends the message that there really has been a power shift to the CEO, as would appointing her to the board to a lesser degree - there is no sign of any of that happening so for most ordinary fans the constant in most of our recent spell of on field failure is still there, and it becomes harder to see it as a real new beginning. I guess time will tell as far as the new CEO is concerned, I wish her all the best and we should back her.

Saorsa
10-06-2014, 09:10 PM

JB, I don't think that LD was brought in to shield RP (as opposed to SL and FH who were IMO).

However I also don't believe for a minute that RP will or can hand over to LD completely. It's not in his nature.

My fear is that the corporate governance of RP's reign will make it impossible for her to implement all her goals and aims, we'll end up losing another 'good yin'.

It's another example though of the terrible job that David Forsyth does of the PR at Hibs. This was an excellent opportunity to show exactly who is in charge of football matters and only at Hibs could we F it up by mentioning RP twice in the opening lines.

His interference and influence will continue at Hibs of that there is very little doubt.

Perhaps Leeann could come on here and quickly put me in my place, I'd like nothing more than to be proved wrong but until such time myself, and thousands of others, will expect the same result and see an employee of Hibernian FC stifled into submission. It might not happen this year but it will happen.:top marksboth posts and totally agree with that bit

WhileTheChief..
10-06-2014, 09:14 PM
Any club sacking a manager is going to have a statement from its Chairman - we would criticize him for being silent and cowardly otherwise.

It's clear from everything that LD has said from day 1 in her interviews, meetings and statements that she is in control. Of course the Chairman is going to be involved to some degree but to me he's almost irrelevant now, same as the other directors are.

I'll be happy to focus on what LD does regarding getting a team ready and concentrating on the football. Couldn't care less about the boardroom.

Jonnyboy
10-06-2014, 09:14 PM

Perhaps Leeann could come on here and quickly put me in my place, I'd like nothing more than to be proved wrong but until such time myself, and thousands of others, will expect the same result and see an employee of Hibernian FC stifled into submission. It might not happen this year but it will happen.

Is there a possibility that RP wrote that, rather than DF?

GoldenEagle
10-06-2014, 09:23 PM

He would've signed it off ;)

Jonnyboy
10-06-2014, 09:27 PM
He would've signed it off ;)

:greengrin

It's a tricky subject. LD says she has full autonomy but still some are saying RP continues to meddle. Is she lying? I don't think so although I accept that leopards don't change their spots :greengrin Like I said, it's a tricky subject

GreenCastle
10-06-2014, 09:29 PM
Typical Petrie tactic - deflect the attention away from himself.

So he's taking a back seat yet he was in the meeting to sack Butcher ?!!

Petrie if he had any sense would have sacked him before be end of the season - we only needed 3 points to stay up.

This was his and the boards last chance and he appointed the wrong man it has turned out. Yes butcher and Malpas trained the players but they made the team worse.

We are still stuck - Farmer doesn't want to sell and RP is hanging about still and that must be hard for LD with him in the background.

I still have no faith in our club and it's worrying as I've never felt like this before.

GoldenEagle
10-06-2014, 09:32 PM
:greengrin

It's a tricky subject. LD says she has full autonomy but still some are saying RP continues to meddle. Is she lying? I don't think so although I accept that leopards don't change their spots :greengrin Like I said, it's a tricky subject

No I 100% believe that she believes that she is a CEO who has total autonomy at Hibs.

Ask her again in 12 months and I wonder what % it will be then.

RP is damaging the club by his very presence, very few fans believe in him or trusts him.

Jonnyboy
10-06-2014, 09:37 PM
No I 100% believe that she believes that she is a CEO who has total autonomy at Hibs.

Ask her again in 12 months and I wonder what % it will be then.

RP is damaging the club by his very presence, very few fans believe in him or trusts him.

I agree with this.

silverhibee
10-06-2014, 09:56 PM

Today was a great opportunity to show she is boss J, it could have been any board member who attended the meeting to sack Butcher, it was a own goal having Petrie there and then he had to have his say on the fishy site as well, i wish her all the luck in the world as i think she will need it at Hibs.

Jonnyboy
10-06-2014, 10:03 PM
Today was a great opportunity to show she is boss J, it could have been any board member who attended the meeting to sack Butcher, it was a own goal having Petrie there and then he had to have his say on the fishy site as well, i wish her all the luck in the world as i think she will need it at Hibs.

Was it really that surprising that RP was there P?

Here's my take.

CEO has to be there and as it's not good business practice to conduct such meetings on a one-to-one she needed a second body present. Most senior of the remainder is the Chairman. Crucially, Petrie hired TB and negotiated his contract. RP would need to negotiate any removal package.

Where it did go wrong, IMO was having RP making a statement after the event. There was no need as LD herself could have said she was now setting about appointing a successor, rather than The Chairman said that Leeann will now lead the process to find a new Manager to take the Club forward in what promises to be a challenging season. I'm guessing he said it, hoping to dispel any suggestion that he was pulling strings but in the event he seems to have merely added fuel to that fire.

silverhibee
10-06-2014, 10:31 PM
Was it really that surprising that RP was there P?

Here's my take.

CEO has to be there and as it's not good business practice to conduct such meetings on a one-to-one she needed a second body present. Most senior of the remainder is the Chairman. Crucially, Petrie hired TB and negotiated his contract. RP would need to negotiate any removal package.

Where it did go wrong, IMO was having RP making a statement after the event. There was no need as LD herself could have said she was now setting about appointing a successor, rather than The Chairman said that Leeann will now lead the process to find a new Manager to take the Club forward in what promises to be a challenging season. I'm guessing he said it, hoping to dispel any suggestion that he was pulling strings but in the event he seems to have merely added fuel to that fire.

:agree:

It will become a out of control raging inferno soon enough if he stays about. :timebomb: :greengrin

GreenCastle
10-06-2014, 10:35 PM
I worry when people are now thinking give RP another chance as Butcher has been sacked.

No - this is about his 8th chance and if it's not before the AGM it's now when the fans are protesting.

Shifting the focus and deflecting the attention - well RP we weren't born yesterday and can clearly see what's happening.

I would actually gain some respect for the guy if he resigned and passed on the duties to someone else.

147lothian
11-06-2014, 12:52 AM

IMO its very easy to doubt what the Golden Eagle says, but very hard to prove him wrong, I heard crash bang wallop when I heard his report of what Leeann Dempster say's when asked by Brian McLauchlin if she was the one who sacked Terry Butcher

Peevemor
11-06-2014, 05:34 AM
IMO its very easy to doubt what the Golden Eagle says, but very hard to prove him wrong, I heard crash bang wallop when I heard his report of what Leeann Dempster say's when asked by Brian McLauchlin if she was the one who sacked Terry Butcher

Naturally, we'd expect you to opt for the negative option.

Sumner
11-06-2014, 06:58 AM
I worry when people are now thinking give RP another chance as Butcher has been sacked.

No - this is about his 8th chance and if it's not before the AGM it's now when the fans are protesting.

Shifting the focus and deflecting the attention - well RP we weren't born yesterday and can clearly see what's happening.

I would actually gain some respect for the guy if he resigned and passed on the duties to someone else.

100% correct. PETRIE MUST GO for the good of the club

Gustavo Fring
11-06-2014, 06:58 AM
hibs will continue to fester and rot as long as petrie heads up that board of directors

his sacrificing yet another manager seems to have done the trick yet again

i hope kano gets his meeting with tam farmer soon before petrie drags us into an oblivion from which we cannot get out of

petrieOUT

Captain Trips
11-06-2014, 07:09 AM
Offered us in last 3/4/5 years failure with it all coming to a head with relegation from an SPL without Rangers and another strong club on -15pts. When we should have been pushing for 2nd place we awere pushing at 2nd bottom.

Relegation is gross mistake, Butcher gross mistake. money wasted with Calderwood when letting him stay gross error. The last 3 years in particular have been nothing really short of shambolic. All your mistakes have been sacked yet you remain here in any capacity is nothing short of a joke.

AlbertK86
11-06-2014, 07:15 AM
Could have bought Leigh with all the compensation he's paid out and the money he turned down for Calderwood .......................

😉

AlbertK86
11-06-2014, 08:01 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hibernian/10890612/Terry-Butcher-shattered-by-Hibernian-sacking.html

Headline a bit misleading but worth a read

Turkish Green
11-06-2014, 08:16 AM
Nothing that has happened in the last few weeks has convinced me that Hibs would be better off with Petrie staying as Chairman of the Board. He has tainted the club. Replace him with another penny-pinching accountant if STF must, but Petrie has to be seen to have left the building to unite the club.

PETRIE OOT

147lothian
11-06-2014, 09:17 AM
Naturally, we'd expect you to opt for the negative option.

Are you related to Petrie?

Peevemor
11-06-2014, 09:33 AM

Are you monotonous and boring all the time or is it just on here?

Beefster
11-06-2014, 09:36 AM

Witty repartee at its finest.

The abuse and insinuations aimed at Peevemor in the last fortnight for having a different opinion is pathetic.

Peevemor
11-06-2014, 09:49 AM
Witty repartee at its finest.

The abuse and insinuations aimed at Peevemor in the last fortnight for having a different opinion is pathetic.

TBH, the only thing that bothers me (slightly) is that my basic opinion isn't all that different.

Deansy
11-06-2014, 11:10 AM
Sorry Mr P but the old sacking of the manager (well, maybe not old as the rest went under the 'mutual consent' thing) is old-hat. We've kinda rumbled this tactic and, whilst there's gratitude for the infrastructure, Hibernian FC now need to concentrate on the actual football-side of things and as events have proved your skills don't cover for that. Don't take offence, not everyone is great at everything but it's time to leave. Your continued presence is doing exactly the thing you hate - costing Hibs FC money.

Peevemor
11-06-2014, 11:22 AM

Dempster saying that it was her decision, rubber stamped by the board.

“It was a board decision, but it was myself that led most of the meeting on Monday with Terry. If you like, I took the recommendation to the board. We discussed it and debated it and as any board does, we had a decision to make and we made it.”
With Petrie having come under fire for his perceived meddling in the past, Dempster was adamant that it was she who was most prominent in the call to dispense with Butcher.
Asked to clarify that it was her decision and the board rubber-stamped it, she replied: “That’s right. It’s very unfortunate and I’m very saddened by it, if I’m perfectly honest. It absolutely was not one of the first tasks I had in mind when I came to the football club, but I can’t look back, I have to look forward. We need to recruit a new manager and that task starts now.”

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/dempster-opts-for-a-new-dawn-by-sacking-terry-butcher-1-3440100

marinello59
11-06-2014, 11:52 AM
That is quite an emphatic statement from Dempster that she is in charge and she took the decision to sack the manager.

Sumner
11-06-2014, 12:14 PM
That is quite an emphatic statement from Dempster that she is in charge and she took the decision to sack the manager.

Looked VERY uncomfortable and not that convincing on the news saying that last night. It all reeks of Petrie waiting for Dempster to arrive, waiting for the meeting, and letting her front the press - to deflect yet another paid off management team, and more money down the drain under Petrie's reign.

Peevemor
11-06-2014, 12:16 PM
Looked VERY uncomfortable and not that convincing on the news saying that last night. It all reeks of Petrie waiting for Dempster to arrive, waiting for the meeting, and letting her front the press - to deflect yet another paid off management team, and more money down the drain under Petrie's reign.

So she's lying then?

Beefster
11-06-2014, 12:20 PM

It reeks of that because that's what you want it to be.

Rodders publicly backed Butcher a fortnight ago. To me, it reeks of Rodders initially wanting to keep Butcher and Dempster deciding otherwise.

Peevemor
11-06-2014, 12:23 PM
It reeks of that because that's what you want it to be.

Rodders publicly backed Butcher a fortnight ago. To me, it reeks of Rodders initially wanting to keep Butcher and Dempster deciding otherwise.

And as for her looking uneasy when speaking about it, anyone that's ever had to sack somebody will know that it's not something you feel great about.

GreenCastle
11-06-2014, 12:24 PM
Offered us in last 3/4/5 years failure with it all coming to a head with relegation from an SPL without Rangers and another strong club on -15pts. When we should have been pushing for 2nd place we awere pushing at 2nd bottom.

Relegation is gross mistake, Butcher gross mistake. money wasted with Calderwood when letting him stay gross error. The last 3 years in particular have been nothing really short of shambolic. All your mistakes have been sacked yet you remain here in any capacity is nothing short of a joke.

This makes it even worse - completely inexcusable - we should never have been in this position.

Jonnyboy
11-06-2014, 02:33 PM

See this is the kind of reaction that does nobody any good. Not the Petrie out campaign and not Hibs. The concentration on slating Petrie at every turn simply means some find it hard to believe that LD is not a puppet and is not lying. Yes RP deserves the flak but sometimes it seems that if LD is in the way then it's just tough luck on her.

BTW, LD has now stated quite emphatically what her role in the removal of TB was. It's the sort of thing that demonstrates she is her own person, unless of course you prefer to suggest she is lying to protect RP

Jonnyboy
11-06-2014, 02:35 PM

Absolute tosh. It's more that you want to view it that way, rather than accepting it for what it was - her decision and then ratified by the board

marinello59
11-06-2014, 02:40 PM
See this is the kind of reaction that does nobody any good. Not the Petrie out campaign and not Hibs. The concentration on slating Petrie at every turn simply means some find it hard to believe that LD is not a puppet and is not lying. Yes RP deserves the flak but sometimes it seems that if LD is in the way then it's just tough luck on her.

BTW, LD has now stated quite emphatically what her role in the removal of TB was. It's the sort of thing that demonstrates she is her own person, unless of course you prefer to suggest she is lying to protect RP

Well said.

marinello59
11-06-2014, 02:42 PM

She sacked a man. How do you think you would feel and look after that? That's a ridiculous spin to put on things. Unless you think she is a liar.

Aldo
11-06-2014, 02:45 PM

If she says she took the decision to sack Butcher to the board and there was a unanimous decision then so be it.

There is no reason to disbelieve what she has said. In most businesses there is protocol/procedure to adhere to which usually involves the board so that's what she did.

It just so happens Petrie is in the board. If it was a tied vote he would have the final say as chair.... She even said that but it was unanimous.

Stevie Reid
11-06-2014, 03:14 PM
I know there are a huge amount of people behind this campaign who have nothing but the best interests of Hibs at heart - but sadly, the conspiracy-theorist hangers on (who exist solely to pull every single thing apart and somehow make it out to be the opposite of what has been stated) are doing nothing but undermining the campaign, the club, and Leean Dempster.

My personal view, as stated earlier in this thread, is that whilst I would ideally like Petrie to go due to the vast number of people who swear never to return whilst he is still here, the man who damaged us most last season is now gone, and we have a blank canvas for our new CEO to work from - I think we should let her get on with it. Her track record of doing exactly what we need her to do now is very good, and I like the way she has gone about her business thus far. I fully believe she has all the autonomy she needs, and not that this is an extremely elaborate charade.

If people honestly believe that she would leave her job at Motherwell to be a bodyguard for Petrie, that's up to them - however preposterous the idea is. In addition, let me ask you this - if Rod Petrie really is purely an aloof bean counter who only cares about finances, why on earth would he pay a handsome salary to someone else to action his decisions? Doesn't really make sense. I fully respect why people want Petrie to leave even if his role is as hands off as he has defined (as I share the view myself) - I just find the levels of scepticism around every single thing at the club at the moment both startling, and unhelpful.

Ideally, he would go now. But IMO our main focus now should be getting a manager and team assembled as quickly as possible to win the Championship, not Petrie Out.

Sumner
11-06-2014, 03:50 PM
So she's lying then?

You think so? .. some might agree with you there..

Sumner
11-06-2014, 03:51 PM
It reeks of that because that's what you want it to be..

There's a lot of that around here.. but fewer and fewer inhaling the reek from Rodders

erskine-hibby
11-06-2014, 03:59 PM

I think there may be more than a little truth in that.
Unlike most on here I have not been convinced by her so far. Maybe I'm just so anti Petrie that I can't see past that, maybe not?

GordonHFC
11-06-2014, 03:59 PM
And as for her looking uneasy when speaking about it, anyone that's ever had to sack somebody will know that it's not something you feel great about.

Agreed. Have had to do this twice and one of them was a longtime friend. It is not nice and you do not want to discuss it with anyone let alone a national journalist.

erskine-hibby
11-06-2014, 04:01 PM
As for sacking people, I never had a problem with that...if it was deserved. Laying people off, even though they did a job...that's different.

PatHead
11-06-2014, 04:04 PM
I know there are a huge amount of people behind this campaign who have nothing but the best interests of Hibs at heart - but sadly, the conspiracy-theorist hangers on (who exist solely to pull every single thing apart and somehow make it out to be the opposite of what has been stated) are doing nothing but undermining the campaign, the club, and Leean Dempster.

My personal view, as stated earlier in this thread, is that whilst I would ideally like Petrie to go due to the vast number of people who swear never to return whilst he is still here, the man who damaged us most last season is now gone, and we have a blank canvas for our new CEO to work from - I think we should let her get on with it. Her track record of doing exactly what we need her to do now is very good, and I like the way she has gone about her business thus far. I fully believe she has all the autonomy she needs, and not that this is an extremely elaborate charade.

If people honestly believe that she would leave her job at Motherwell to be a bodyguard for Petrie, that's up to them - however preposterous the idea is. In addition, let me ask you this - if Rod Petrie really is purely an aloof bean counter who only cares about finances, why on earth would he pay a handsome salary to someone else to action his decisions? Doesn't really make sense. I fully respect why people want Petrie to leave even if his role is as hands off as he has defined (as I share the view myself) - I just find the levels of scepticism around every single thing at the club at the moment both startling, and unhelpful.

Ideally, he would go now. But IMO our main focus now should be getting a manager and team assembled as quickly as possible to win the Championship, not Petrie Out.

Could Petrie being a poisonous atmosphere within the club not put a manager off coming to Hibs? It is not the fans at fault it is Petrie. He must leave now

Stevie Reid
11-06-2014, 04:11 PM
Could Petrie being a poisonous atmosphere within the club not put a manager off coming to Hibs? It is not the fans at fault it is Petrie. He must leave now

At no point have I said anything about the fans being at fault. But yes, the atmosphere around the club may put a new manager off, most definitely - Petrie has played a huge part in that atmosphere being created, but it is now being exacerbated by the unreasonable scrutiny that Dempster is being put under, IMO. Petrie going could help ease it, but so could people giving Dempster a fair chance.

Again, I know that many well intentioned people are involved in this campaign - but it needs to be kept on the right track, and given appropriate focus. I simply cannot agree that the most important thing that Hibs can do right now is see Rod Petrie leave his position (though I definitely feel it would help).

The people running Hibs have a considerable responsibility, and must be held accountable for their words and actions - but the people driving this campaign must also.

Saorsa
11-06-2014, 04:15 PM
The people running Hibs have a considerable responsibility, and must be held accountable for their words and actions .That's the point though, there's one person who has never been accountable for anything, **** up efter **** up efter **** up and he carries on regardless. Some folk, myself included have had it with him being involved period.

Siralbertkidd
11-06-2014, 04:17 PM
That's the point though, there's one person who has never been accountable for anything, **** up efter **** up efter **** up and he carries on regardless. Some folk, myself included have had it with him being involved period.

Are you talking about Tam McCourt? :wink:

Saorsa
11-06-2014, 04:18 PM
Are you talking about Tam McCourt? :wink:ok, two people then. :wink:

GoldenEagle
11-06-2014, 04:32 PM

Who can blame anyone though JB? RP has cost the club million(s) over the last 5-6 years, his meddling, minipulative behaviour, micro managing and control freakish demeanour has stifled everyone connected to the club. Including thousands of stay away fans.

Now you can easily say "ah but this is different this time" but the first major decision they make a complete James Hunt of it with the statement on the official site.

I'm delighted that LD has today clarified what happened and I'm feeling much more comfortable with the decision now. Was I wrong, perhaps, but you can only go on what was said and written at the time.

If anyone does believes that LD is a stooge then they're deluded. She's probably had the same assurances as SL and FH had around being in control of all matters football.

I'll still hold my powder dry for a while longer if that's OK.

Trust me I truly want to believe that he's been banished to the top left seat in the south stand but his influence still runs right through the heart of the club.

The Falcon
11-06-2014, 04:57 PM

Well put.

Whatever he'd done would have been wrong.

Cameron1875
11-06-2014, 04:58 PM
Unfortunately until Petrie leaves the club then every single action Leeann Dempster carries out is going to be ridiculously scrutinised + many will think she is lying to protect RP.

The only way for people to think she isn't a Petrie Puppet is for him to leave Hibernian. It doesn't matter what she does imo

blackpoolhibs
11-06-2014, 04:59 PM
Unfortunately until Petrie leaves the club then every single action Leeann Dempster carries out is going to be ridiculously scrutinised + many will think she is lying to protect RP.

The only way for people to think she isn't a Petrie Puppet is for him to leave Hibernian. It doesn't matter what she does imo

GoldenEagle
11-06-2014, 05:02 PM
Well put.

In his new position he shouldn't have been anywhere near it or even mentioned.

If he wants to disappear into the background then don't go along to meetings with LD and TB... It's really that simple isn't it?

Gustavo Fring
11-06-2014, 05:14 PM

If he wants to disappear into the background then don't go along to meetings with LD and TB... It's really that simple isn't it?

i dont think he wants to . he is still chairman , whatever spin he puts on it , chairman is high profile not in the background

Peevemor
11-06-2014, 05:16 PM

No. You're mistaken.

Gustavo Fring
11-06-2014, 05:17 PM
No. You're mistaken.

care to elaborate ?

GoldenEagle
11-06-2014, 05:24 PM
No. You're mistaken.

Chairman Rod Petrie and Chief Executive Leeann Dempster met with Terry yesterday.

You'll need to help me out here Peevemor?

number 27
11-06-2014, 06:03 PM
Well put.

At least he would have been consistent then.

Peevemor
11-06-2014, 06:27 PM
care to elaborate ?

Chairman Rod Petrie and Chief Executive Leeann Dempster met with Terry yesterday.

You'll need to help me out here Peevemor?

You said in his new position he shouldn't have been anywhere near the meeting.

Your wrong. As club chairman, and the man who employed TB, it'd be more strange had he not attended.

You then speak about him "disappearing into the background". When did he say he was going to do that. He's the club chairman.

Simple enough?

The Falcon
11-06-2014, 06:43 PM

Leeann Dempster explained why he was there and that it was her, and her alone, who decided Butcher had to go.

Is she lying?

GoldenEagle
11-06-2014, 06:50 PM
You said in his new position he shouldn't have been anywhere near the meeting.

Your wrong. As club chairman, and the man who employed TB, it'd be more strange had he not attended.

You then speak about him "disappearing into the background". When did he say he was going to do that. He's the club chairman.

Simple enough?

So your telling us that RP is still and should be involved in football matters.

Brilliant. I'm sure that everyone will be delighted at you clearing this up.

Here was me thinking it was a new era.

GoldenEagle
11-06-2014, 06:51 PM
Leeann Dempster explained why he was there and that it was her, and her alone, who decided Butcher had to go.

Is she lying?

I've not read an explanation of why he was there, can you post why?

Saorsa
11-06-2014, 06:53 PM

Here was me thinking it was a new era.still there and still sticking his oar in, if he's taken a back seat (as a friend of mine said) it's right behind Dempster looking over her shoulder.

Peevemor
11-06-2014, 06:55 PM

So you've obviously decided to ignore LD's statement(s) on the matter?

Fine, you continue to cherry pick the information that you want to digest, you're just making yourself look more and more ignorant.

Brightside
11-06-2014, 07:11 PM

ROD was not at the initial meeting with Leeann and Terry. She confirmed that. Its her decision. MOVE ON!!

GoldenEagle
11-06-2014, 07:14 PM
So you've obviously decided to ignore LD's statement(s) on the matter?

Fine, you continue to cherry pick the information that you want to digest, you're just making yourself look more and more ignorant.

FFS I've not ignored anything and if you read my earlier post I even comment on LD's statement today.

If your blind enough to not see how Petrie being anywhere near football matters isn't a problem then I'm gob smacked.

blackpoolhibs
11-06-2014, 07:15 PM
FFS I've not ignored anything and if you read my earlier post I even comment on LD's statement today.

If your blind enough to not see how Petrie being anywhere near football matters isn't a problem then I'm gob smacked.

Peevemor
11-06-2014, 07:16 PM

Tough.

The Falcon
11-06-2014, 07:47 PM
I've not read an explanation of why he was there, can you post why?

Dempster said that Petrie was at the meeting out of professional courtesy to Butcher, as it was Petrie (who is also still chairman of the club) who hired him and that Dempster agreed with this. Dempster reiterated numerous times that it was her decision to let Butcher go and no one else's. She took those recommendations to the board and the board supported her decision.

OsloHibs
11-06-2014, 08:19 PM
Is it not time we all just got behind Leanne, the new manager, the new team and lets get excited again?

....Just a thought? I'm so fed up of all the doom & gloom.

Peevemor
11-06-2014, 08:30 PM
Is it not time we all just got behind Leanne, the new manager, the new team and lets get excited again?

:aok: Gets my vote!

Lucius Apuleius
11-06-2014, 08:36 PM
:aok: Gets my vote!

Et moi aussi.

Lewis77
11-06-2014, 08:51 PM

But doom and gloom has been main-lined into the club over the past few years, if you took it away now we'd all go into convulsions of joy which sounds absolutely vile!

147lothian
11-06-2014, 10:40 PM
I would love to think it's a new era Leeann Dempster is here so there's change, she came through the door saw what the problem was and fired Butcher, it's time to stop protesting and accept the dawning of a new era, but if when asked if it was her decision to sack Butcher, Dempster say's 'it was a board decision' that doesn't sit well with me, I would like to see Dempster given complete autonomy to run things her way, I just can't see that happening while we still have petrie acting as conduit between the club and absent owner, before any real new era petrie has to leave complete, if he had any honour he would walk away

Peevemor
11-06-2014, 10:53 PM
I would love to think it's a new era Leeann Dempster is here so there's change, she came through the door saw what the problem was and fired Butcher, it's time to stop protesting and accept the dawning of a new era, but if when asked if it was her decision to sack Butcher, Dempster say's 'it was a board decision' that doesn't sit well with me, I would like to see Dempster given complete autonomy to run things her way, I just can't see that happening while we still have petrie acting as conduit between the club and absent owner, before any real new era petrie has to leave complete, if he had any honour he would walk away

She said that it was her that made the recommendation to the board and that she did nearly all the talking at the meeting. The board voted unanimously for her proposal.

What "doesn't sit easy" in all that? I honestly don't see it.

RIP Bestie
12-06-2014, 03:44 AM
She said that it was her that made the recommendation to the board and that she did nearly all the talking at the meeting. The board voted unanimously for her proposal.

You deserve a medal Peevemor. There is nothing that you or anyone else can say that will stop the barrage of abuse towards Petrie. It's incredible that so many say they trust Dempster and how good she will be for us but blindly refuse to believe her when she says she has full autonomy.

147lothian
12-06-2014, 05:50 AM

Wow it really has been done to death, first test of autonomy and Petrie is involved in a football related matter, that doesn't sit easy with me, it obviously does with you, great, at least we know where we both stand, time to move on!

Peevemor
12-06-2014, 05:56 AM
Wow it really has been done to death, first test of autonomy and Petrie is involved in a football related matter, that doesn't sit easy with me, it obviously does with you, great, at least we know where we both stand, time to move on!

RP is chairman of a football club, therefore he is 'involved' in football related matters whether he's making decisions or not and whether you like it or not.

In this case (ie. the sacking of TB), board approval was required and RP and the board followed LD's proposal unanimously.

What's there to moan about?

The Falcon
12-06-2014, 06:27 AM
You deserve a medal Peevemor. There is nothing that you or anyone else can say that will stop the barrage of abuse towards Petrie. It's incredible that so many say they trust Dempster and how good she will be for us but blindly refuse to believe her when she says she has full autonomy.

Its not just Petrie that's getting it though, there are many that are doubting LD's version of events. Even Paul Kane. She has been very clear as to the decisions made and who made them. By not believing her she is being undermined already.

Again LD made it clear what RP's role in the decision was. Petrie is currently the chairman of the football club and the owner, who is not a director, wants him to be there.

flash
12-06-2014, 06:28 AM
why is anyone who disagrees with petriemor gettin censored

what did i say that was so bad

peevemor may i suggest you and your 1 man petrie fan club shut up and stop baiting for a reaction

final word

petrie OUT

So he should shut up because you don't agree with him.

Makes you wonder why we bothered fighting two World Wars.

Gustavo Fring
12-06-2014, 06:29 AM
So he should shut up because you don't agree with him.

no he should shut up because anyone who disagrees with him gets their post censored/removed while the crap he spalashes around is allowed to stay

hardly fair is it

gorgie greens
12-06-2014, 06:38 AM
As much as i want RP to gtf i think we have to accept LD's version of events,shes only been in the job a few days and shes being doubted,you are always going to have doubts while Petrie remains at Easter Road so the sooner he goes the better and we can ALL start backing the team and the board

HNA12
12-06-2014, 06:39 AM
no he should shut up because anyone who disagrees with him gets their post censored/removed while the crap he spalashes around is allowed to stay

hardly fair is it

Censored?
Your posts have been removed because you can't debate the issue without throwing out personal insults. Try getting your point across without resorting to that.

RIP
12-06-2014, 06:40 AM

My dad told me it was to get rid of an arrogant dictator

greenpaper55
12-06-2014, 06:44 AM
RP is chairman of a football club, therefore he is 'involved' in football related matters whether he's making decisions or not and whether you like it or not.

In this case (ie. the sacking of TB), board approval was required and RP and the board followed LD's proposal unanimously.

What's there to moan about?

But Petrie obviously doesn't have a clue about football and should not be involved at all, the man who is famous for never having been to a football match in his life who is then made chairman and wastes hundreds of thousands and more sacking his clueless managers should never be involved again.

AlbertK86
12-06-2014, 06:45 AM

Like it mate

Saorsa
12-06-2014, 06:50 AM
My dad told me it was to get rid of an arrogant dictatorquality :top marks

Peevemor
12-06-2014, 06:51 AM
why is anyone who disagrees with petriemor gettin censored

what did i say that was so bad

peevemor may i suggest you and your 1 man petrie fan club shut up and stop baiting for a reaction

final word

petrie OUT

hardly fair is it

As I've posted a number of times, I think RP should go.

However, who is causing more damage at the moment Petrie or Petrie Out?

I'm not defending RP, I'm defendng HFC.

I'm defending my club, whereas many others are taking potshots at every opportunity. The anti-Petrie hysteria is divisive, not Petrie himself.

The Falcon
12-06-2014, 06:52 AM

Except this time the "arrogant dictator" can be removed by someone who wants him out to buy the club and put their own man in.

Peevemor
12-06-2014, 06:53 AM
But Petrie obviously doesn't have a clue about football and should not be involved at all, the man who is famous for never having been to a football match in his life who is then made chairman and wastes hundreds of thousands and more sacking his clueless managers should never be involved again.

Where is he famous for that? In your head?

erskine-hibby
12-06-2014, 06:54 AM

I'm defending my club, whereas many others are taking potshots at every opportunity. The anti-Petrie hysteria is divisive, not Petrie himself.

To say Petrie himself being there is not divisive is a bit naive.

Saorsa
12-06-2014, 06:55 AM

I'm defending my club, whereas many others are taking potshots at every opportunity. The anti-Petrie hysteria is divisive, not Petrie himself.Petrie, that may no be you opinion but t is that of many. If he went it wouldnae be needed nor would there be as you put it any hysteria, :rolleyes: and yes it is petrie himself who is divisive, he goes, problem solved, simple really. :aok:

Saorsa
12-06-2014, 06:56 AM
To say Petrie himself being there is not divisive is a bit naive.aye, but he's no defending him. :agree:

Peevemor
12-06-2014, 06:59 AM

I know what your saying, but short of buying out STF it looks like RP will be staying. Therefore my opinion is that we should get behind LD & the club, irrespective of RP's presence.

The Falcon
12-06-2014, 07:00 AM

Farmer is not there either, is not even a Director. He has long admired RP's attributes and if RP was to be replaced it's is highly likely the person STF would choose would be of similar ilk.

Peevemor
12-06-2014, 07:00 AM
aye, but he's no defending him. :agree:

Show me where I've specifically defended RP.

Saorsa
12-06-2014, 07:01 AM
I know what your saying, but short of buying out STF it looks like RP will be staying. Therefore my opinion is that we should get behind LD & the club, irrespective of RP's presence.Well that's you opinion and guess what? Loads of people disagree with it. Tae quote your response tae another poster, tough. :aok:

Peevemor
12-06-2014, 07:02 AM
Well that's you opinion and guess what? Loads of people disagree with it. Tae quote your response tae another poster, tough. :aok:

So you don't want to get behind Dempster & the team?

Saorsa
12-06-2014, 07:09 AM
So you don't want to get behind Dempster & the team?I thought I'd already made my position clear. Good luck tae her (she'll need it with him there) and I'll be supporting the team, I'll just be doing it away from ER instead of at ER. I winnae be back there until he has gone and I'll support any group that is in favour of his removal. As chairman of the board he still has way too much say in what goes on at ER. I've seen enough of my money, (thousands of pounds in the last 7 seasons) wasted on decisions made with his involvement and there winnae be any mair until he is gone, I'm no paying for his future at the SFA either. He can **** off, is that clear enough for you?

#petrieout

AlbertK86
12-06-2014, 07:29 AM
I know what your saying, but short of buying out STF it looks like RP will be staying. Therefore my opinion is that we should get behind LD & the club, irrespective of RP's presence.

I agree that it is unlikely that Petrie will leave unless somebody buys STF out .

However you are making out the fans aren't behind LD and the club because of his presence.

I believe everybody on here and the support are behind the club and delighted LD is here

It doesn't automatically mean that by the majority wanting Petrie out it is being divisive or harming the club. That harm has been done over the last few years by Petrie.

He has to know the depth of feeling against him

Loads of my mates have refused to go for years now ..... Because of him. This is not just my mates ... It is similar throughout a large section of the support, many who have followed Hibs through thick and thin since the 70s and before

The fact there is a big campaign to be rid of him can only help

The campaign have stated clearly they are behind the club and do not want to harm it but want him gone to help the club progress

If he goes I think you will find that along with a new CEO, a new management team and a new team on the pitch it will unite the support and many of those who have stopped going will return

Dislike the campaign all you want but you are being naive if you think by stopping the campaign it will peter out and people will come back

The only way a large chunk of our support that has dwindled over the last few years will return will be be if he goes

147lothian
12-06-2014, 11:05 AM
Show me where I've specifically defended RP.

You have never specifically defended petrie, but if petrie farts your on the key board to say 'that wasn't petrie' when it's pointed out that it smells like petrie, you then say 'Is that a fact!' but its ok because your not defending petrie, in your eyes or maybe that should be nose only.

Peevemor
12-06-2014, 11:13 AM
You have never specifically defended petrie, but if petrie farts your on the key board to say 'that wasn't petrie' when it's pointed out that it smells like petrie, you then say 'Is that a fact!' but its ok because your not defending petrie, in your eyes or maybe that should be nose only.

The problem is that if Leeann Dempster farts, issues a statement on the club site saying that it was she that farted, then confirms it at a press conference the following day, there are still plenty on here that will say that it was in 'FACT' RP who opened his piece box!

Stevie Reid
12-06-2014, 11:20 AM

This post is a pretty apt example of the level of debate employed by many on here when it comes to this topic. There are good arguments being made on both sides, but some really pitiful stuff too - which really tends to only come from those on one side of the argument.

Peevemor's stance is reasonable (whichever side of the argument you are on), and has been generally well argued. Some of the stuff thrown back has been utterly cringeworthy.

skipster7
12-06-2014, 11:27 AM
What would happen if Petrie walks today and LD still gets knocked back for additional funds by STF ? Will the fans who are not going back return if were still in the same market for players etc ?
A buyout of STF is the only way to truly move on imo

Baldy Foghorn
12-06-2014, 11:31 AM

I get what you are saying, and fully endorse backing LD, however, some see RP as doing more harm than good. Can he be trusted? It's a bit like a partner cheating on you, can you ever fully trust them again?

Peevemor
12-06-2014, 11:38 AM
I get what you are saying, and fully endorse backing LD, however, some see RP as doing more harm than good. Can he be trusted? It's a bit like a partner cheating on you, can you ever fully trust them again?

Sometimes, for the good of the family, you have to give it your best shot.

Stevie Reid
12-06-2014, 11:40 AM

This is definitely where most people largely hit an impasse on this issue - myself and others adopt the stance that whilst it would undoubtedly be best if Rod left, now Dempster is here and says that she has all the autonomy she needs, and we should just get on with and try to avoid any more negativity for the time being.

Many others, yourself included obviously, feel that the air of mistrust that Petrie is largely responsible for, is still too destabilising to be able to move forward with him still here - and that will cause us more problems going forward.

Both are reasonable stances, no doubt - I just hope that the debate can continue without the club being harmed and prevented from getting back on track as quickly as possible. I'm in no way saying that it is at the moment, FWIW.

Gordy M
12-06-2014, 11:55 AM
This is definitely where most people largely hit an impasse on this issue - myself and others adopt the stance that whilst it would undoubtedly be best if Rod left, now Dempster is here and says that she has all the autonomy she needs, and we should just get on with and try to avoid any more negativity for the time being.

Many others, yourself included obviously, feel that the air of mistrust that Petrie is largely responsible for, is still to destabilising to be able to move forward with him still here - and that will cause us more problems going forward.

Both are reasonable stances, no doubt - I just hope that the debate can continue without the club being harmed and prevented from getting back on track as quickly as possible. I'm in no way saying that it is at the moment, FWIW.
100% mate, i couldnt have put it any better myself.:aok:

Baldy Foghorn
12-06-2014, 11:59 AM

Many others, yourself included obviously, feel that the air of mistrust that Petrie is largely responsible for, is still to destabilising to be able to move forward with him still here - and that will cause us more problems going forward.

Indeed:aok:

silverhibee
12-06-2014, 12:45 PM
Sometimes, for the good of the family, you have to give it your best shot.

But that trust you had would never be the same again.

Peevemor
12-06-2014, 01:00 PM
But that trust you had would never be the same again.

But maybe if things were going great a couple of years down the line you could learn to live with it.

jacomo
12-06-2014, 01:08 PM
Where is he famous for that? In your head?

Simon Pia is peddling the story that RP told him he had never attended a football match before joining Board at Hibs.

Peevemor
12-06-2014, 01:18 PM
Simon Pia is peddling the story that RP told him he had never attended a football match before joining Board at Hibs.

The post I replied to said "famous for never having been to a football match in his life who is then made chairman".

RP was on the board a good while before he was appointed chairman.

How many matches did Amanda Jones attend before being appointed to the board? Does anyone know or care?

Bostonhibby
12-06-2014, 01:42 PM

I want him out but I am with you. Even if he leaves the football club board he is the second(?) biggest shareholder in the holding company so sadly will always be in the background and influential unless he decides to divest himself of those shares.

This is my analysis of the futility of the situation. Happy to be proven wrong if anyone has any better info.

Saorsa
12-06-2014, 01:48 PM
But maybe if things were going great a couple of years down the line you could learn to live with it.So we only have tae wait another couple of years tae see if things improve with him still there then? Oh joy. Tell me, what happens if it disnae? Another two years wasted, mair money down the drain, mair fans pissed off and lost? Then we'll still have folk telling us he needs another chance, he's had enough chances, far too many in fact. He certainly gets nae mair fae me.

#petrieout

Peevemor
12-06-2014, 01:57 PM
So we only have tae wait another couple of years tae see if things improve with him still there then? Oh joy. Tell me, what happens if it disnae? Another two years wasted, mair money down the drain, mair fans pissed off and lost? He's had enough chances, far too many in fact.

C'mon Jamie, if LD carries out all her changes - DOF, partnership with Spartans, new system and staff at the academy/EM, new scouting set up, new management, new team, fan ownership - god knows what, you expect all that to 'click' straight away?

I know you're not as daft as that.

blackpoolhibs
12-06-2014, 01:59 PM
So we only have tae wait another couple of years tae see if things improve with him still there then? Oh joy. Tell me, what happens if it disnae? Another two years wasted, mair money down the drain, mair fans lost?

You are wasting your time, in fact the whole campaign for Petrie out is a waste of time if you listen to some folk. It is possible for Hibernian Football Club to go forward as one, with everyone on board pushing in the one direction today, if one person walks away.

Until he does, or indeed if he stays, then the club is divided.

Petrie holds the key to this, and is blind if he does not see the divide. I certainly dont believe a word that comes out of the club, and thats a direct result of him.

I'm fed up backing the club while he's there, and if that means i don't go to easter road then so be it. My games like yourself will all be away games from now.

AlbertK86
12-06-2014, 02:02 PM
Luke Shanley has just tweeted that Kano has now spoken to STF and is to submit a detailed document to him

147lothian
12-06-2014, 02:13 PM
You are wasting your time, in fact the whole campaign for Petrie out is a waste of time if you listen to some folk. It is possible for Hibernian Football Club to go forward as one, with everyone on board pushing in the one direction today, if one person walks away.

Until he does, or indeed if he stays, then the club is divided.

Petrie holds the key to this, and is blind if he does not see the divide. I certainly dont believe a word that comes out of the club, and thats a direct result of him.

I'm fed up backing the club while he's there, and if that means i don't go to easter road then so be it. My games like yourself will all be away games from now.

Good post mate, I've given up listening, to these posts that are basically saying, this is as good as it gets at Easter Road, so sit down shut up and accept the way the club is run, ok im still going to the games, but its getting to the stage when im going stop attending until petrie goes!

LeithBoozy
12-06-2014, 02:14 PM
I agree that it is unlikely that Petrie will leave unless somebody buys STF out .

However you are making out the fans aren't behind LD and the club because of his presence.

I believe everybody on here and the support are behind the club and delighted LD is here

It doesn't automatically mean that by the majority wanting Petrie out it is being divisive or harming the club. That harm has been done over the last few years by Petrie.

He has to know the depth of feeling against him

Loads of my mates have refused to go for years now ..... Because of him. This is not just my mates ... It is similar throughout a large section of the support, many who have followed Hibs through thick and thin since the 70s and before

The fact there is a big campaign to be rid of him can only help

The campaign have stated clearly they are behind the club and do not want to harm it but want him gone to help the club progress

If he goes I think you will find that along with a new CEO, a new management team and a new team on the pitch it will unite the support and many of those who have stopped going will return

Dislike the campaign all you want but you are being naive if you think by stopping the campaign it will peter out and people will come back

The only way a large chunk of our support that has dwindled over the last few years will return will be be if he goes This post I feel I could have written myself, there is no doubt in my mind Teflon Rod is costing us support. I know of six Hibs mates who don't go now and wont return until he is gone, the man has no shame. :rolleyes:

Stevie Reid
12-06-2014, 02:24 PM
Good post mate, I've given up listening, to these posts that are basically saying, this is as good as it gets at Easter Road, so sit down shut up and accept the way the club is run, ok im still going to the games, but its getting to the stage when im going stop attending until petrie goes!

This is one of the most annoying tactics on Hibs.net - trying to run another's argument down by claiming that they've said ridiculous things when they've done nothing of the sort, or reducing things to an inaccurate base argument, like you've done in your post. You've obviously given up reading as well as listening.

No one is saying what you have said above. The arguments are well articulated and far more refined, and as such, are easily understood - yet you fail to understand them.

Saorsa
12-06-2014, 02:27 PM
C'mon Jamie, if LD carries out all her changes - DOF, partnership with Spartans, new system and staff at the academy/EM, new scouting set up, new management, new team, fan ownership - god knows what, you expect all that to 'click' straight away?

I know you're not as daft as that.There's that if word again. I dinnae expect anything would happen right away, my doubts are around what will happen at all while he's still hanging around like a bad smell and I'm no prepared tae commit/waste any mair of my money for another 2 years tae find out. He's till chairman of the board so IMO has far too much say in any decision put tae the board and indeed has the casting vote in the event of any tie. In the last 7 seasons of decline I've thrown money at this club through season tickets, KfK, Leith links, player sponsorship through this site, East terrace stones, the club store on fitba strips I dinnae even wear. In 2012/13 alone Hibs had 1300 quid off me and it's been squandered while this club as gone down the pan and as far as I'm concerned he is responsible. Everybody else has paid the price for their part in this but he carries on regardless every time despite the fact that he has overseen and been in charge of the whole ****in' shambles. I wish Leeann Dempster all the luck in the world (she'll need it with him there) and hope she can turn things round in spite of him but I'll have nae part in it as long as he does, it's as simple as that for me now. He's driven a good number of my friends away from Easter Road over the years and now he's driven me away as well.

Onion
12-06-2014, 02:35 PM

LD only has as much autonomy for as long as Petrie and Falmer allow her to have it. They could over-rule or sack her in a heartbeat, the minute she steps out of line or goes against their wishes. The problem is lack of trust in Petrie. The perception among many Hibs fans is that he is a snake who will do all he needs to stay in the loop/power, even if that means presenting it as if someone else is pulling the strings. LD might well have full autonomy at present, or she might think she has. The only person who really knows is the Chairman !

Autocrats like Petrie who have controlled everything for near 20 years find it incredibly difficult to relinquish power. Just human nature. Think he said in his statement that he had no plans to "abdicate". Interesting word choice that's often associated with Royalty and heads of state. Says it all really .

Jonnyboy
12-06-2014, 02:40 PM
Strikes me that there are those who will not believe LD as it suits their Petrie out agenda. I believe LD and I want RP out because his presence is perceived as damaging to us getting back to where we belong.

It's possible to want both but it is as annoying as hell that reasoned views on the situation are twisted into pro RP statements.

It's been a while since the rally, which I attended and two things happened there which I feel did more harm than good to Kano & co. Firstly, if I heard correctly over a poor PA system and the fact that he kept talking even when the crowd were clapping or cheering, Kano suggested the acid test for LD was if she could remove RP from the club. To me that was wholly unfair because LD does not have that power which in turn may have made people think she has already failed because he's still there.

Secondly we got to the much discussed and, until then, secret part two of the three part plan. "You folk deserve to hear it first" is what Kano said IIRC. To then be told that part two was the group looking to engage in discussion with STF was, to say the least, pretty disappointing and I'm buggered if I know why it was felt necessary to keep that to themselves.

Having said all of that I will continue to support the view that RP is better away from Hibs but will also continue to defend LD when she is accused of being his shield/puppet/mouthpiece etc when the truth is she is none of those things and doesn't deserve to be accused of them.

Peevemor
12-06-2014, 02:40 PM
LD only has as much autonomy for as long as Petrie and Falmer allow her to have it. They could over-rule or sack her in a heartbeat, the minute she steps out of line or goes against their wishes. The problem is lack of trust in Petrie. The perception among many Hibs fans is that he is a snake who will do all he needs to stay in the loop/power, even if that means presenting it as if someone else is pulling the strings. LD might well have full autonomy at present, or she might think she has. The only person who really knows is the Chairman !

Autocrats like Petrie who have controlled everything for near 20 years find it incredibly difficult to relinquish power. Just human nature. Think he said in his statement that he had no plans to "abdicate". Interesting word choice that's often associated with Royalty and heads of state. Says it all really .

Is it not STF who gas the ultimate power in any case?

RP is being presented here as some sort of pantomime villain or James Bond baddie, when in fact it's not him in control.

Peevemor
12-06-2014, 02:43 PM
Strikes me that there are those who will not believe LD as it suits their Petrie out agenda. I believe LD and I want RP out because his presence is perceived as damaging to us getting back to where we belong.

It's possible to want both but it is as annoying as hell that reasoned views on the situation are twisted into pro RP statements.

It's been a while since the rally, which I attended and two things happened there which I feel did more harm than good to Kano & co. Firstly, if I heard correctly over a poor PA system and the fact that he kept talking even when the crowd were clapping or cheering, Kano suggested the acid test for LD was if she could remove RP from the club. To me that was wholly unfair because LD does not have that power which in turn may have made people think she has already failed because he's still there.

Secondly we got to the much discussed and, until then, secret part two of the three part plan. "You folk deserve to hear it first" is what Kano said IIRC. To then be told that part two was the group looking to engage in discussion with STF was, to say the least, pretty disappointing and I'm buggered if I know why it was felt necessary to keep that to themselves.

Having said all of that I will continue to support the view that RP is better away from Hibs but will also continue to defend LD when she is accused of being his shield/puppet/mouthpiece etc when the truth is she is none of those things and doesn't deserve to be accused of them.

:top marks

Lee Marvin
12-06-2014, 02:45 PM

My thoughts on this. Almost word for word.

There are sensible people out there it seems..

Smartie
12-06-2014, 02:59 PM
My thoughts on this. Almost word for word.

There are sensible people out there it seems..

Mine too, cracking post.

There are many sensible and measured people out there but they can be hard to see for the angry mob at times.