PDA

View Full Version : Petrie leave our club now.

Pages : 1 [2]

Stevie Reid
12-06-2014, 03:00 PM
Strikes me that there are those who will not believe LD as it suits their Petrie out agenda. I believe LD and I want RP out because his presence is perceived as damaging to us getting back to where we belong.

It's possible to want both but it is as annoying as hell that reasoned views on the situation are twisted into pro RP statements.

It's been a while since the rally, which I attended and two things happened there which I feel did more harm than good to Kano & co. Firstly, if I heard correctly over a poor PA system and the fact that he kept talking even when the crowd were clapping or cheering, Kano suggested the acid test for LD was if she could remove RP from the club. To me that was wholly unfair because LD does not have that power which in turn may have made people think she has already failed because he's still there.

Secondly we got to the much discussed and, until then, secret part two of the three part plan. "You folk deserve to hear it first" is what Kano said IIRC. To then be told that part two was the group looking to engage in discussion with STF was, to say the least, pretty disappointing and I'm buggered if I know why it was felt necessary to keep that to themselves.

Having said all of that I will continue to support the view that RP is better away from Hibs but will also continue to defend LD when she is accused of being his shield/puppet/mouthpiece etc when the truth is she is none of those things and doesn't deserve to be accused of them.

Great post JB :aok:

Bostonhibby
12-06-2014, 03:12 PM
Strikes me that there are those who will not believe LD as it suits their Petrie out agenda. I believe LD and I want RP out because his presence is perceived as damaging to us getting back to where we belong.

It's possible to want both but it is as annoying as hell that reasoned views on the situation are twisted into pro RP statements.

It's been a while since the rally, which I attended and two things happened there which I feel did more harm than good to Kano & co. Firstly, if I heard correctly over a poor PA system and the fact that he kept talking even when the crowd were clapping or cheering, Kano suggested the acid test for LD was if she could remove RP from the club. To me that was wholly unfair because LD does not have that power which in turn may have made people think she has already failed because he's still there.

Secondly we got to the much discussed and, until then, secret part two of the three part plan. "You folk deserve to hear it first" is what Kano said IIRC. To then be told that part two was the group looking to engage in discussion with STF was, to say the least, pretty disappointing and I'm buggered if I know why it was felt necessary to keep that to themselves.

Having said all of that I will continue to support the view that RP is better away from Hibs but will also continue to defend LD when she is accused of being his shield/puppet/mouthpiece etc when the truth is she is none of those things and doesn't deserve to be accused of them.

You are in danger of having me in total agreement with you! :-) I think its perfectly possible to back LD entirely, which I do,but at the same time recognise she has no direct power to remove Petrie at all.

PatHead
18-06-2014, 09:52 AM
Everything has gone quiet in the revolution. I haven't followed it for the last few days. Is there any update or has the storm passed?

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2014, 09:56 AM
Everything has gone quiet in the revolution. I haven't followed it for the last few days. Is there any update or has the storm passed?

Yip lets keep the pressure up, dont let this fraud off the hook for a minute.

silverhibee
18-06-2014, 05:24 PM
Yip lets keep the pressure up, dont let this fraud off the hook for a minute.

Our club is in a mess, young players being paid off, players told to find a new club who are now being told to return to EM for pre season, poor ST sales, club been on a downward spiral for years now, huge cut backs being made, FFS this man was considering putting in big screens in the corners of the ground, the best run club in Scotland my arse, how Petrie is still involved with our club is unbelieveable.

#petrieout

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2014, 05:30 PM
Our club is in a mess, young players being paid off, players told to find a new club who are now being told to return to EM for pre season, poor ST sales, club been on a downward spiral for years now, huge cut backs being made, FFS this man was considering putting in big screens in the corners of the ground, the best run club in Scotland my arse, how Petrie is still involved with our club is unbelieveable.

#petrieout

:agree: PETRIE OUT.

marinello59
18-06-2014, 05:52 PM
This post I feel I could have written myself, there is no doubt in my mind Teflon Rod is costing us support. I know of six Hibs mates who don't go now and wont return until he is gone, the man has no shame. :rolleyes:

If we start winning football matches they will be back. That's the way it works.

Hermit Crab
18-06-2014, 06:11 PM
Just **** off Petrie you're not wanted at the club anymore.

Bishop Hibee
18-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Petrie out!

PatHead
18-06-2014, 09:12 PM
Was in the pub tonight watching the Spain game and 2 Hibbys who are regulars said they will not be back whilst Petrie is there. 2 less seasons for next year = £800

Scottie
18-06-2014, 09:17 PM
If we start winning football matches they will be back. That's the way it works.

:agree:

IWasThere2016
18-06-2014, 09:28 PM

Shame RP has ignored the fundamental ingredient for this for years, and created the mess/damage he has.

IWasThere2016
18-06-2014, 09:29 PM

#petrieout

:top marks

marinello59
18-06-2014, 09:33 PM
Shame RP has ignored the fundamental ingredient for this for years, and created the mess/damage he has.

I won't disagree with that but it's really nowt to do with the point I was making is it?

IWasThere2016
18-06-2014, 09:36 PM

#petrieout

I won't disagree with that but it's really nowt to do with the point I was making is it?

Really??? Our crowds have fallen steadily for years.. is that not the point?

marinello59
18-06-2014, 09:42 PM

Erm...are you simply looking for an argument here?
Somebody suggested that we have a large number of fans who will not be back whilst Petrie is still at the club.
My reply to that was that if we start winning football matches then people will come back regardless of whether Petrie is there or not.

Turkish Green
18-06-2014, 09:48 PM
The club needs all it's supporters to be united. This will never be as long as RP wanders the boardroom.

Rightly or wrongly he needs to be seen to have left the building.

PETRIE OOT

IWasThere2016
18-06-2014, 09:51 PM
Erm...are you simply looking for an argument here?
Somebody suggested that we have a large number of fans who will not be back whilst Petrie is still at the club.
My reply to that was that if we start winning football matches then people will come back regardless of whether Petrie is there or not.

I don't agree. It's gone too far for too many.

Does beg the question though, why RP didn't make sure the on-field was prioritised over the off .. if winning games = people coming back. Why 7 years of steady decline..?

marinello59
18-06-2014, 09:56 PM
I don't agree. It's gone too far for too many.

Does beg the question though, why RP didn't make sure the on-field was prioritised over the off .. if winning games = people coming back. Why 7 years of steady decline..?

Ask Rod, not me. He's the one that totally ****ed it up.

IWasThere2016
18-06-2014, 09:58 PM
[QUOTE=** T * Q * M **;4068077]I don't agree. It's gone too far for too many.

Does beg the question though, why RP didn't make sure the on-field was prioritised over the off .. if winning games = people coming back. Why 7 years of steady decline..?[QUOTE]

Ask Rod, not me. He's the one that totally ****ed it up. :greengrin

Yes - he led us here .. and this is why he should be no part of the leadership team going forward.. and why many won't accept his presence any longer.

Sadly, if he won't leave, I agree with those staying away .. it is the best way to get the message across IMHO.

marinello59
18-06-2014, 10:07 PM
[QUOTE=marinello59;4068082][QUOTE=** T * Q * M **;4068077]I don't agree. It's gone too far for too many.

Yes - he led us here .. and this is why he should be no part of the leadership team going forward.. and why many won't accept his presence any longer.

Sadly, if he won't leave, I agree with those staying away .. it is the best way to get the message across IMHO.

I agree totally about him not being part of the leadership team going forward, he should just go.
As for the rights and wrongs of a boycott, it's not something I would do but I still say even if Petrie is still at the club and our fortunes pick up people will go back. Guess we will have to agree to disagree on that one.

Greenblood70
18-06-2014, 10:19 PM
Every day Petrie stays he is costing the club money and stopping us moving on. For Gods sake go man, your time was up long ago. Petrie GTF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
18-06-2014, 10:47 PM
Anyone know if there is a next step in the Petrie out campaign.
Seems to have gone all quiet.

Peevemor
18-06-2014, 10:58 PM

It's a secret.

marinello59
19-06-2014, 05:18 AM

They are preparing business plans to present to Tom Farmer.

The Modfather
19-06-2014, 05:37 AM
It's a secret.

Straight out of Petrie's own playbook then.

Peevemor
19-06-2014, 05:48 AM
Straight out of Petrie's own playbook then.

STF, RP & the board are the people in power, who own 98% of the club - the reality is that, whether we like it or not, they can make as many secret plans as they want.

Kano & co. however got support/ a "mandate" from 2k+ Hibs fans on the basis of one issue - "Petrie Out", and used this to meet with STF to discuss another - which remains a secret.

WHUHibs
19-06-2014, 06:59 AM
STF, RP & the board are the people in power, who own 98% of the club - the reality is that, whether we like it or not, they can make as many secret plans as they want.

Kano & co. however got support/ a "mandate" from 2k+ Hibs fans on the basis of one issue - "Petrie Out", and used this to meet with STF to discuss another - which remains a secret.

STF asked for confidentiality which I think has been reported in the press. Putting the plan together and making sure it matches everyone expectations is paramount.

They got a mandate from everyone at the rally which was stage 2 meet STF so not based on one issue. The fans that were there had a show of hands said they agreed with stage 2.

We need to therefore be a little patient.

Rod is too stubborn to go but for me it's clear whilst he is at the club it has a negative impact and I will chose my games next season and have not renewed for the first time in 30 plus years,

Beefster
19-06-2014, 07:03 AM

Isn't that a bit like a man who never cuts his grass complaining about the length of his grass?

Waxy
19-06-2014, 07:39 AM
Petrie would have been better suited to a smaller club. Hibs are just too big a club for him and we've operated way below our potential for over the last decade because of it. Lessons must be learned over this.

IWasThere2016
19-06-2014, 08:03 AM
[QUOTE=** T * Q * M **;4068092][QUOTE=marinello59;4068082]

I agree totally about him not being part of the leadership team going forward, he should just go.
As for the rights and wrongs of a boycott, it's not something I would do but I still say even if Petrie is still at the club and our fortunes pick up people will go back. Guess we will have to agree to disagree on that one.

:aok:

Isn't that a bit like a man who never cuts his grass complaining about the length of his grass?

I don't have grass :wink: :greengrin

Roll on Alloa, Cowden and Raif! :thumbsup:

GreenCastle
19-06-2014, 05:55 PM
It doesn't matter which manager we appoint - if he is still at the club the manager will fail. History shows this - Reslly struggling to get excited about any manager as the source of the problem is still involved.

Peevemor
19-06-2014, 05:59 PM
It doesn't matter which manager we appoint - if he is still at the club the manager will fail. History shows this - Reslly struggling to get excited about any manager as the source of the problem is still involved.

Keech !

Bishop Hibee
19-06-2014, 06:00 PM

Hits the nail on the head for me.patrie needs to name the price for his share of Hibs. Only then can things move forward.

Peevemor
19-06-2014, 06:03 PM

Hits the nail on the head for me.patrie needs to name the price for his share of Hibs. Only then can things move forward.

Nail on head?

OK, in your opinions, who was the last successful manager at ER?

The Modfather
19-06-2014, 07:32 PM

If secret plans and lack of any accountable details are good enough for Petrie and co, why would Kano & Co do things any differently.

As an aside has anyone ever seen Mikey and Peevemor in the same room at the same time? Not seen many posts criticising the club, and in particular, Petrie that you've failed to respond to. Your Petrie-senses are tingling I suspect ;)

Waxy
19-06-2014, 07:39 PM
http://www.theedinburghreporter.co.uk/2014/06/paul-kane-sends-proposals-to-sir-tom-farmer/

Peevemor
19-06-2014, 07:49 PM
If secret plans and lack of any accountable details are good enough for Petrie and co, why would Kano & Co do things any differently.

As an aside has anyone ever seen Mikey and Peevemor in the same room at the same time? Not seen many posts criticising the club, and in particular, Petrie that you've failed to respond to. Your Petrie-senses are tingling I suspect ;)

I have no problem whatsoever with justified criticism of RP. I'm a Hibs fan therefore I respond to unfounded criticism of the club. However, had I responded to everything negative said about RP on here, my post count would probably be 100k+.

I've said a good few times that I think RP should go. I'm not pro-Petrie, but I'm not impressed by the Petrie Out campaign either.

GreenCastle
19-06-2014, 09:28 PM
Nail on head?

OK, in your opinions, who was the last successful manager at ER?

Collins - success measured by trophies.

The same Collins who now can't stand RP.

TM made us play some good stuff but success was the league cup.

Happy to dig this thread up again when the next manager fails.

RP has just put LD in firing line to take the heat of himself - I feel sorry for her as she has a massive job to do as he clearly wasn't doing what was needed.

Hope I am wrong but history and the evidence is there what a failure he has been at appointing managers.

This next manager will need board approval also and won't be a sole LD choice before you say it will be. RP voting / hiring someone he knows nothing about.

Peevemor
19-06-2014, 09:53 PM
Collins - success measured by trophies.

The same Collins who now can't stand RP.

TM made us play some good stuff but success was the league cup.

Happy to dig this thread up again when the next manager fails.

RP has just put LD in firing line to take the heat of himself - I feel sorry for her as she has a massive job to do as he clearly wasn't doing what was needed.

Hope I am wrong but history and the evidence is there what a failure he has been at appointing managers.

This next manager will need board approval also and won't be a sole LD choice before you say it will be. RP voting / hiring someone he knows nothing about.

I don't think it's anything to do with RP wanting to take the "heat of himself." LD said she was first approached in March, when relegation didn't look likely. I believe that STF/RP/the board saw what she was doing at Motherwell and decided that she was better at the job than anyone at ER.

The sacking of Butcher was LD's decision which got unanimous board approval. Why do you think RP would interfere with the choice of manager. Hibs are now paying LD to take these decisions.

And Collins was a success was he? OK we won the league cup, but did you see the nick of the team he left behind when he spat the dummy? And don't give me any guff about him not getting enough cash to spend. He got plenty and wasted it on utter pish. And don't give me THE RP/players meeting thing either - RP backed Collins at that meeting.

GreenCastle
19-06-2014, 10:52 PM
I don't think it's anything to do with RP wanting to take the "heat of himself." LD said she was first approached in March, when relegation didn't look likely. I believe that STF/RP/the board saw what she was doing at Motherwell and decided that she was better at the job than anyone at ER.

The sacking of Butcher was LD's decision which got unanimous board approval. Why do you think RP would interfere with the choice of manager. Hibs are now paying LD to take these decisions.

And Collins was a success was he? OK we won the league cup, but did you see the nick of the team he left behind when he spat the dummy? And don't give me any guff about him not getting enough cash to spend. He got plenty and wasted it on utter pish. And don't give me THE RP/players meeting thing either - RP backed Collins at that meeting.

You asked for our most recent successful manager - I gave you a manager who won a trophy. You can't argue against that.

TM has a slightly better win ration than JC at 48% but I would rather we won trophies. Usually they go together but TM didn't win anything.

RP meeting - doesn't matter - Collins doesn't like RP and has said he would never come back while RP was at club.

The new manager appointment may have been given to LD (who also by the way has no coaching experience) but she will have have to present the case to RP and the board. 100% she won't be the single decision maker - especially when money is involved!

LD sacking TB shows that someone coming into the club has more sense than someone who made the wrong managerial choice again. She basically fired(with approval of the board again) RP's bad choice.

LD has been appointed to take on a job which RP hasn't been doing for years - he's basically admitting he's struggling so has delegated.

Football fans are so fickle and delusional at times they forget previous history and many have switched off to the fact RP needs to go.

The new manager chat on the board and in papers has taken attention away/taken heat off RP. Usually it's an AGM or another event to distract the average punter. Some of us have more brains and are fed up with the lack of leadership from above - the same person who is made it clear he is desperate for an SFA position.

Mibbes Aye
19-06-2014, 11:42 PM
You asked for our most recent successful manager - I gave you a manager who won a trophy. You can't argue against that.

TM has a slightly better win ration than JC at 48% but I would rather we won trophies. Usually they go together but TM didn't win anything.

RP meeting - doesn't matter - Collins doesn't like RP and has said he would never come back while RP was at club.

The new manager appointment may have been given to LD (who also by the way has no coaching experience) but she will have have to present the case to RP and the board. 100% she won't be the single decision maker - especially when money is involved!

LD sacking TB shows that someone coming into the club has more sense than someone who made the wrong managerial choice again. She basically fired(with approval of the board again) RP's bad choice.

LD has been appointed to take on a job which RP hasn't been doing for years - he's basically admitting he's struggling so has delegated.

Football fans are so fickle and delusional at times they forget previous history and many have switched off to the fact RP needs to go.

The new manager chat on the board and in papers has taken attention away/taken heat off RP. Usually it's an AGM or another event to distract the average punter. Some of us have more brains and are fed up with the lack of leadership from above - the same person who is made it clear he is desperate for an SFA position.

That's interesting. There's obviously rumour but I didn't realise he made it clear he was desperate for an SFA post.

I take it he came out and said that publicly then?

Peevemor
19-06-2014, 11:49 PM

What a pile of incoherent garbage!

You said previously

It doesn't matter which manager we appoint - if he is still at the club the manager will fail. History shows this

and now you're saying

So which is it?

You also mention Tony Mowbray. Could you tell me what problems he had with RP?

Collins doesn't like RP and has said he would never come back while RP was at club.

Where has he said this? I personally hope he doesn't come back in any case.

No s*** Sherlock? LD has stated that she has 100% autonomy, but obviously she has to work within the financial constraints set by the board. Hibs have spent plenty money under RP, it's how it's been spent that's the poblem - something that is now (hopefully) going to change.

RP has just put LD in firing line to take the heat of himself

Again - what one is it? - Make your mind up.

You speak of others as being "fickle" and "switching off to the facts". I suggest you take a look at yourself first.

Some of us have more brains and are fed up with the lack of leadership from above - the same person who is made it clear he is desperate for an SFA position.

Who has "more brains"? You? Try using them then.

And where has RP made it clear that he's desperate for an SFA position? Show me - find me a quote. Anywhere. Most of your aniti-Petrie "facts" appear to me to be hearsay that you've picked up on here.

RIP Bestie
20-06-2014, 12:41 AM
Peevemor, as I have said before you deserve a medal, how you can continue to beat the drum in aid of common sense against such unqualified hatred is beyond me.
If the ****ing grass doesn't grow properly at Easter Road it will be Petries fault.
Dempster has been put in place to make decisions, she has said she has full autonomy, people will always take the best parts and praise her and blame any failure on Rod. Thats the narrow minded nature of people on here for you.

Peevemor
20-06-2014, 05:15 AM
Peevemor, as I have said before you deserve a medal, how you can continue to beat the drum in aid of common sense against such unqualified hatred is beyond me.
If the ****ing grass doesn't grow properly at Easter Road it will be Petries fault.
Dempster has been put in place to make decisions, she has said she has full autonomy, people will always take the best parts and praise her and blame any failure on Rod. Thats the narrow minded nature of people on here for you.

The thing is, unless you jump on the bandwagon you're seen as being pro-Petrie - it's mob-rule in action. Then the same people will talk about Hibs' Class? :cool2:

marinello59
20-06-2014, 05:41 AM

Really? Petrie should go but if we get the right manager working with LD then we will not fail whether he is there or not.

The Falcon
20-06-2014, 07:08 AM
The thing is, unless you jump on the bandwagon you're seen as being pro-Petrie - it's mob-rule in action. Then the same people will talk about Hibs' Class? :cool2:

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 07:20 AM
Petrie would have been better suited to a smaller club. Hibs are just too big a club for him and we've operated way below our potential for over the last decade because of it. Lessons must be learned over this.

Is that what they're saying down at the pub?

AlbertK86
20-06-2014, 08:15 AM
Really? Petrie should go but if we get the right manager working with LD then we will not fail whether he is there or not.

Only if KING ROD does take a back seat ....... And we all know what happened in past

Not all these managers we have had are rotten. They have had to work with at least one hand tied behind their backs

I really hope he lets Leeann and the new management team get on with because I can't see his majesty leaving whilst STF is still the owner

Gustavo Fring
20-06-2014, 08:28 AM

how much does it cost you for a years membership to the petrie fan club

i hope you wear your stick on tache as a show of support for your hero

AlbertK86
20-06-2014, 08:29 AM
how much does it cost you for a years membership to the petrie fan club i hope you wear your stick on tache as a show of support for your hero

Gets a family discount ! 😉👍

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 08:32 AM

How old are you?

Peevemor
20-06-2014, 08:35 AM
Only if KING ROD does take a back seat ....... And we all know what happened in past

Not all these managers we have had are rotten. They have had to work with at least one hand tied behind their backs

I really hope he lets Leeann and the new management team get on with because I can't see his majesty leaving whilst STF is still the owner

What's with your "KING ROD" thing anyway? You've been doing it for weeks and it hasn't caught on - does that not tell you something?

Peevemor
20-06-2014, 08:36 AM

Either you haven't read my posts or you really are as thick as your posts make you look.

Peevemor
20-06-2014, 08:36 AM
Gets a family discount ! 

:coffee:

Gustavo Fring
20-06-2014, 09:07 AM
Either you haven't read my posts or you really are as thick as your posts make you look.

il go for option 1 , i dont have a spare 6 weeks to read all your posts on the matter

but quickly scanning over some gives a rough outline of your love for all things tache

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 09:09 AM
il go for option 1 , i dont have a spare 6 weeks to read all your posts on the matter

but quickly scanning over some gives a rough outline of your love for all things tache

Thanks for clearing that up, I favoured option 2 but wasn't sure. Now I'm certain.

Gustavo Fring
20-06-2014, 09:11 AM
Thanks for clearing that up, I favoured option 2 but wasn't sure. Now I'm certain.

you can count to 2 :confused:

Paloschi
20-06-2014, 09:12 AM
What has disappointed me the most about Hibs actions since relegation is not the lack of manager a couple of days before pre-season, it's not the fact that we have not been able to sign any players yet, it's not the fact that we have no strip, it's not even the fact that Nelson and McGivern are going to be turning up to pre-season training.

It's the pure and simple fact that Petrie is still here. The 'transition' or 'handover' is complete and Leeann is in place. Why on Earth is that complete black cloud of a man still employed at director level within Hibernian FC?

You would think that after relegation, yes RELEGATION he would do the decent thing. He has took us so far back it's actually quite ridiculous. He needs to go. NOW! :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 09:13 AM

School holidays have started early this year, I see.

Keith_M
20-06-2014, 09:13 AM
"If you're not for me, you're against me"

We seem to have a new version of that on dotnet...

"If you're not against Petrie and proclaim that he's wrong in everything he's ever said, done or even thought, you're a Petrie Lover"

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 09:15 AM
What has disappointed me the most about Hibs actions since relegation is not the lack of manager a couple of days before pre-season, it's not the fact that we have not been able to sign any players yet, it's not the fact that we have no strip, it's not even the fact that Nelson and McGivern are going to be turning up to pre-season training.

It's the pure and simple fact that Petrie is still here. The 'transition' or 'handover' is complete and Leeann is in place. Why on Earth is that complete black cloud of a man still employed at director level within Hibernian FC?

You would think that after relegation, yes RELEGATION he would do the decent thing. He has took us so far back it's actually quite ridiculous. He needs to go. NOW! :agree:

We could have done with incisive comment like this weeks ago. Why have you left it till now to bring thus to our attention?

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 09:15 AM

"If you're not against Petrie and proclaim that he's wrong in everything he's ever said, done or even thought, you're a Petrie Lover"

Anybody know where you can buy false moustaches?

Gustavo Fring
20-06-2014, 09:16 AM
School holidays have started early this year, I see.

have they ? i hadnt noticed

Paloschi
20-06-2014, 09:19 AM
We could have done with incisive comment like this weeks ago. Why have you left it till now to bring thus to our attention?

Was giving it time and thought he would maybe step down after Leeann's first couple of weeks. Seems not. He doesn't care what the fans think.

Peevemor
20-06-2014, 09:19 AM

I'd be interested in some examples.

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 09:24 AM
have they ? i hadnt noticed

Yes.

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 09:25 AM
Was giving it time and thought he would maybe step down after Leeann's first couple of weeks. Seems not. He doesn't care what the fans think.

Oh, right then.

Peevemor
20-06-2014, 09:25 AM

:agree: Precisely.

GreenCastle
20-06-2014, 12:56 PM
Peevemor -

You have said that you aren't pro RP is this correct?

What is your solution to the mess we have been landed in?

Can you defend his actions appointing many failures as managers?

Do you really think we are going to improve with him still at the club?

How many chances does he get ?

RP has made it known in private he want's to be involved with the SFA - he's not stupid enough to come out and give a 2 page spread on it - that would be suicide - just because I don't have a link doesn't mean it's not true.

If you aren't pro RP or anti RP - what are you ? Confused in the middle ?

HappyAsHellas
20-06-2014, 01:16 PM
Do we have to be pro or anti Petrie?
If he goes, will the owner not just replace him with another who will do his bidding?
Why shoot the messenger?

GreenCastle
20-06-2014, 02:02 PM
Do we have to be pro or anti Petrie?
If he goes, will the owner not just replace him with another who will do his bidding?
Why shoot the messenger?

Usually you support someone/something or not surely?

We either support RP and let him do his role or we don't and find someone the fans have trust in.

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 02:16 PM
Afternoon Yams, ( and disaffected Hibbies) lovely weather today.

blackpoolhibs
20-06-2014, 02:19 PM

I want Petrie out, but i think the phrase Hibs class is ridiculous, and i actually laugh when folk use it.

Beefster
20-06-2014, 02:25 PM

My six year old gives more withering responses than that. Step up your game.

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 02:29 PM

Its been disappointing so far.

Pete
20-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Pollos

Caversham Green
20-06-2014, 02:47 PM
Peevemor -

RP has made it known in private he want's to be involved with the SFA - he's not stupid enough to come out and give a 2 page spread on it - that would be suicide - just because I don't have a link doesn't mean it's not true.

If you aren't pro RP or anti RP - what are you ? Confused in the middle ?

I can't speak entirely for Peevemor, but he has consistently said that he believes RP should resign from the board so I guess that makes him anti RP - he's just not as rabidly anti as some on this forum. That takes out your last two questions. For the first question I would say that Leeann Dempster is hopefully the solution to our clubs problem. For the second, it wasn't RP that appointed the managers, it was the board acting on RP's recommendations apart from one case when they acted on the recommendations of Fife Hyland and/or Scott Lindsay. They will now be acting on the recommendations of Leeann.

We either support RP and let him do his role or we don't and find someone the fans have trust in.

What do you think RP's new role entails?

Peevemor
20-06-2014, 02:50 PM
Peevemor -

Yes. Given the current strength of feeling among some of the support, I think it's be better if he went. However RP, and more importantly STF, obvously think otherwise. If nobody has the money to buy out STF then it looks like we're stuck with RP too. However even if RP has made mistakesin the past, as far as I'm aware the club has never been dishonest with us. We've been told that LD has total autonomy (obviously within reason) and I would imagine the full backing of the board. Therefore I personally think the "Petrie Out" campaign as more destructive than anything else,and hasn't at all impressed me to date.

Like a lot of people on here, I think (hope) that the changes being made by LD will see us right in the long term. Getting out of the championship this season won't be easy though.

No, and I don't recall ever trying to. In saying that, nobody could have foreseen the collapse we witnessed under Butcher.

See my first answer.

Unfortunately, as many as the owner is willing to give him.

He's already involved, however I don't think that's the reason he's staying at ER. However, if he ends up in a real position of power, surely that can only be good for Hibs.

f you aren't pro RP or anti RP - what are you ? Confused in the middle ?

See all of the above. A lot of things in life are a bit more complicated than black or white.

Peevemor
20-06-2014, 02:52 PM

I suggest we support Hibs, ie. LD, whatever manager she brings in, whatever team he puts together, supported by whatever new youth set-up is put in place, all backed by STF, the board and (most importantly) the fans.

Gustavo Fring
20-06-2014, 02:56 PM

Not really interested in the quality of response from your 6 year old. I just want to see hibs get out of the **** petrie has landed us in

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
20-06-2014, 02:57 PM
I can't speak entirely for Peevemor, but he has consistently said that he believes RP should resign from the board so I guess that makes him anti RP - he's just not as rabidly anti as some on this forum. That takes out your last two questions. For the first question I would say that Leeann Dempster is hopefully the solution to our clubs problem. For the second, it wasn't RP that appointed the managers, it was the board acting on RP's recommendations apart from one case when they acted on the recommendations of Fife Hyland and/or Scott Lindsay. They will now be acting on the recommendations of Leeann.

What do you think RP's new role entails?

Looks like he was out and about with our new manager so still controlling situations ?

Regarding his role - I don't think much has changed - he claims it has been I believe LD has just been brought in to be more hands on.

I am not wanting a witch hunt or ever to make it personal with RP - I just want change and for our club to be taken forward - as fans we have suffered long enough.

Regarding previous appointments - we have got many more wrong than right and poor decisions are being made - the constant is RP has been involved. People with no football knowledge shouldn't be appointing managers/coaches in my opinion - I would have actually liked a respected DOF to advise.

The board can't be defended - we have been relegated - we are a mess and looks like they are going to get away with miss management again = we will face same issues sooner rather than later as a certain key influencer within the club likes being in control.

GreenCastle
20-06-2014, 03:00 PM
I suggest we support Hibs, ie. LD, whatever manager she appoints, whatever team he puts together, supported by whatever new youth set-up is put in place, all backed by STF, the board and (most importantly) the fans.

Apart from LD being new to the club and this so called new youth set up which they are piggy backing onto Spartans - there still needs to be more drastic change.

Supposedly our youth set up was good - so why the restructuring and admission now it wasn't working ? Some blind loyalty - jobs for the boys for the last few years? Or clueless coaches being kept in place with no evaluation to have the role was undertaken.

CropleyWasGod
20-06-2014, 03:03 PM
Looks like he was out and about with our new manager so still controlling situations ?

Regarding his role - I don't think much has changed - he claims it has been I believe LD has just been brought in to be more hands on.

Given the doubt about the authenticity of that photo, that's hardly evidence, though, is it?

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 03:06 PM
Not really interested in the quality of response from your 6 year old. I just want to see hibs get out of the **** petrie has landed us in

The hits just keep on coming.

Peevemor
20-06-2014, 03:06 PM
Apart from LD being new to the club and this so called new youth set up which they are piggy backing onto Spartans - there still needs to be more drastic change.

Supposedly our youth set up was good - so why the restructuring and admission now it wasn't working ? Some blind loyalty - jobs for the boys for the last few years? Or clueless coaches being kept in place with no evaluation to have the role was undertaken.

There are people on here who follow our youth teams closely so will be better placed than me to answer. However for me there isn't enough quality coming through, although that may also come from introducing the laddies into a first team lacking confidence.

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 03:09 PM

So if the photo is a fake, is he still in control?

Petrie must pee himself laughing when he assesses the quality of opposition he faces.

Gus Fring
20-06-2014, 03:11 PM

This doesn't prove he's controlling anything. He's obviously known Mark for years and wants to take him out for lunch. Nothing wrong with that. If he happens to be the new manager then so what? Rod isn't in charge but he's still part of the club and a board member.

Would people be angry if Gary O'Hagan had taken him out? Probably not

Caversham Green
20-06-2014, 03:17 PM

I am not wanting a witch hunt or ever to make it personal with RP - I just want change and for our club to be taken forward - as fans we have suffered long enough.

Regarding previous appointments - we have got many more wrong than right and poor decisions are being made - the constant is RP has been involved. People with no football knowledge shouldn't be appointing managers/coaches in my opinion - I would have actually liked a respected DOF to advise.

The board can't be defended - we have been relegated - we are a mess and looks like they are going to get away with miss management again = we will face same issues sooner rather than later as a certain key influencer within the club likes being in control.

Is it not possible he was supporting the CEO? That's what his new role is and what LD and the club tell us he's doing. Either you believe them or you don't. Do you really think he's still 'running' the club, but not getting paid for it while paying LD to lie about her job? Why would either of them do that?

Again, the board appointed those managers - RP had and has one vote - I believe they're all Hibs fans and one has been on the board of two EPL clubs in the past. They acted on RP's recommendations and they'll now be acting on LD's - I assume it was she who recommended McCall to the Motherwell board. My view is that there should be a respected former manager on the board - Pat Stanton or Alex Miller would be my choice - but he should not be a formal DoF.

In any case many think that the managers weren't duds and that it was Rod's running of the club that was at fault, and he's no longer running the club according to himself and LD. There's a new order in place and it will only work if we allow it to. Rod Petrie's stated role is now an irrelevance in the running of the club - he should leave, but it shouldn't be the focus of our attention right now.

Peevemor
20-06-2014, 03:25 PM
Is it not possible he was supporting the CEO? That's what his new role is and what LD and the club tell us he's doing. Either you believe them or you don't. Do you really think he's still 'running' the club, but not getting paid for it while paying LD to lie about her job? Why would either of them do that?

Again, the board appointed those managers - RP had and has one vote - I believe they're all Hibs fans and one has been on the board of two EPL clubs in the past. They acted on RP's recommendations and they'll now be acting on LD's - I assume it was she who recommended McCall to the Motherwell board. My view is that there should be a respected former manager on the board - Pat Stanton or Alex Miller would be my choice - but he should not be a formal DoF.

In any case many think that the managers weren't duds and that it was Rod's running of the club that was at fault, and he's no longer running the club according to himself and LD. There's a new order in place and it will only work if we allow it to. Rod Petrie's stated role is now an irrelevance in the running of the club - he should leave, but it shouldn't be the focus of our attention right now.

I hadn't thought about Alex Miller on the board. That'd be a great shout IMHO.

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 03:27 PM
This doesn't prove he's controlling anything. He's obviously known Mark for years and wants to take him out for lunch. Nothing wrong with that. If he happens to be the new manager then so what? Rod isn't in charge but he's still part of the club and a board member.

Would people be angry if Gary O'Hagan had taken him out? Probably not

The picture is a fake.

CropleyWasGod
20-06-2014, 03:27 PM
I hadn't thought about Alex Miller on the board. That'd be a great shout IMHO.

It could be.

My concern about DoF is always around the separation of responsibilities. IMO, that is where problems happen and would have to be clearly defined.

Would AM, for example, be able to resist his coaching and management instincts?

Amit
20-06-2014, 03:39 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/20/apyjadeg.jpg

Petrie meeting Venus at the Balmoral. Taking a step back? GTF Petrie.

Lucius Apuleius
20-06-2014, 03:40 PM

As does Peevemor, me and everyone else. What we don't agree with though is that everything bad that has happened at ER is Petrie's fault.

CropleyWasGod
20-06-2014, 03:40 PM

Groundhog Day.

:greengrin

jonty
20-06-2014, 03:44 PM

So if its from someones phone, why is there an SM watermark, bottom right?

Poor wind-up attempt, IMO.

Amit
20-06-2014, 03:44 PM
No idea. Saw it on Twitter!

marti1875
20-06-2014, 03:46 PM
Groundhog Day.

:greengrin

:agree: Don't you just love when people come on and jump right in clearly having not looked or read anything that's been going on for the last few hours......:faf:

Kato
20-06-2014, 03:51 PM

Get your act together, mate. That's far too sensible a post for this board. Where's the cynicism laced with affected paranoia and hints at someone (anyone) being pro-Petrie? Your even putting forward perfectly reasonable suggestions and scenario's with no vitriol or anger aimed at the "Petrie Lovers" or Petrie himself. It even lacks the Doubting Thomas angle at the thought of Dempster being autonomous.

Poor.

jonty
20-06-2014, 03:55 PM
and just to throw another potential spanner into the works.
If it was Petrie, and it was club related....

where's his club tie? :greengrin

Waxy
20-06-2014, 03:55 PM
That photo could have been taken anytime.No one can be identified,not even the tash is visible.

Waxy
20-06-2014, 03:56 PM
Could be Fenlon on the right.

GreenCastle
20-06-2014, 04:59 PM
That's RP in the picture but it's not Hibs related - that is his son sitting next to him.

Dashing Bob S
20-06-2014, 09:52 PM
Leave now Petrie, you've outstayed your welcome!

There.

Get this thread back to where it belongs.

Hibbyradge
20-06-2014, 09:55 PM
So if its from someones phone, why is there an SM watermark, bottom right?

Poor wind-up attempt, IMO.

Correct.

As I pointed out on another thread, it's at least a year old and it's been cropped to make it more suspicious.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10353112_10152495036870196_4333130230489869151_n.j pg

Criswell
20-06-2014, 10:29 PM

Petrie's skin is not so much rhinocerous hide, but more akin to armour plate!