PDA

View Full Version : Ian Murray

AngusHibby
10-06-2014, 02:37 PM
Anyone else desperate for him to be the new manager?

Robinho08
10-06-2014, 02:38 PM
Cant help but feel it's too soon for him.

Dashing Bob S
10-06-2014, 02:38 PM

The job has been such a poisoned chalice a fear for anybody. But he has the credentials.

crash
10-06-2014, 02:39 PM

Definitely not.

MontrealHibs
10-06-2014, 02:40 PM
Gary Locke is available.

SeanWilson
10-06-2014, 02:40 PM

Nope, too soon for Ian IMO.

We need an old head with new ideas and the ability to either attract high calibre players or have an idea on how to source the unknowns.

Basically, what we all thought we were getting in TB.

A very difficult ask.

AngusHibby
10-06-2014, 02:41 PM
If we were still in the Prem i'd say too soon, but now that we've dropped to the championship, I'd say he's the man

dmc1875
10-06-2014, 02:42 PM
Nope not for me. I would honestly rather see McLeish or Mowbray back. Too soon for IM

Hibernian Verse
10-06-2014, 02:44 PM
Nope not for me. I would honestly rather see McLeish or Mowbray back. Too soon for IM

:faf::faf:

truehibernian
10-06-2014, 02:44 PM
Nope, too soon for Ian IMO.

We need an old head with new ideas and the ability to either attract high calibre players or have an idea on how to source the unknowns.

Basically, what we all thought we were getting in TB.

A very difficult ask.

I disagree - we need a team of energetic, motivated and above all galvanising individuals who want attacking football.

Ian will be the next manager - and I think it will be inspired.

dmc1875
10-06-2014, 02:45 PM
:faf::faf:

Don't see why that's funny. My point is pretty clear I think. Murray is not ready. What exactly was wrong with either of those guys when they were at hibs?

I'm not saying they are who I want just that they are better options than an unproven young manager that we could ruin

Steve20
10-06-2014, 02:46 PM
No. Not really.

Bleeds green
10-06-2014, 02:46 PM
Perfect candidate, hibs through and through, knows the league and has learnt his trade albeit short but still has the credentials I want in a hibs manager

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-06-2014, 02:47 PM
Too soon for Nid.

Eternal Hibbie
10-06-2014, 02:47 PM
Not this time, too soon for him.

Pete
10-06-2014, 02:48 PM
Not for me.

I'd take Kenny Sheils.

#KSGAWA

Hibs90
10-06-2014, 02:50 PM
Murrays Dumbarton play hoofball so no from me. As for Shiels Etc they can eff off too.

SeanWilson
10-06-2014, 02:51 PM
I disagree - we need a team of energetic, motivated and above all galvanising individuals who want attacking football.

Ian will be the next manager - and I think it will be inspired.

Stranger things have happened and I would love to see Ian do well (especially at hibs), however I just dont think its the right time for him.

hibee_girl
10-06-2014, 02:51 PM
Not for me.

I'd take Kenny Sheils.

#KSGAWA

He just got Morton relegated, I'd rather we stayed well away from him!

Hibernian Verse
10-06-2014, 02:54 PM
Don't see why that's funny. My point is pretty clear I think. Murray is not ready. What exactly was wrong with either of those guys when they were at hibs?

I'm not saying they are who I want just that they are better options than an unproven young manager that we could ruin

Of course they are better options. But how naive must you be to believe either would want to manage Hibs in the situation we are in.

Unseen work
10-06-2014, 03:00 PM
I think Ian is too smart to take out job right now

dmc1875
10-06-2014, 03:01 PM
Of course they are better options. But how naive must you be to believe either would want to manage Hibs in the situation we are in.

I'm not naive. I'm not saying they would. They have been out of work a long time and don't have many offers coming their way do they? What's wrong with being a bit ambitious?

I would say Stuart McCall is in the same bracket as both of them in fact, probably less likely.

SMAXXA
10-06-2014, 03:02 PM
Too soon for him defo won't beconsidered...expect proven track record and lots of experience

Diclonius
10-06-2014, 03:03 PM
Yes please.

tamsonsbairn
10-06-2014, 03:04 PM
there is only one choice to make, Russell Latapy.

Brightside
10-06-2014, 03:06 PM
Ian and James Mc for me please.

BH Hibs
10-06-2014, 03:10 PM
Not just now. If we hadn't such a big rebuilding job to do then maybe but I dont know if he has built up enough contacts or a scouting network just yet.

nribs
Too soon for him defo won't beconsidered...expect proven track record and lots of experience

Are you hinting or just the kind of manager you would like ? :)

sesoim

I agree. McLeish with Murray as assistant would be ok. But I think we'll take the cheap option and give Murray the main job which, frankly I don't think he deserves at the moment.

The_Exile
10-06-2014, 03:14 PM
Nae danger, he won't be anywhere near the shortlist (if there is a shortlist) anyway so it's a moot point.

Stuart McCall will be next IMO.

khib70
10-06-2014, 03:15 PM
Another club legend with limited managerial experience. Aye, that's worked for us before all right. Let's put the burnt finger back in the fire. We need a rational decision to appoint a new manager, not an emotional one. No disrespect to Ian, who I have a huge amount of time for.

Mowbray or McLeish would certainly do me, but I suspect McCall might well be the man, and nothing wrong with that.

Whoever it is, I don't envy him. If he fails to win his first Championship match by four or five, the witch burners will be lighting their torches again....

Hibiza
10-06-2014, 03:16 PM
Murray for me. :flag:

Hibee87
10-06-2014, 03:17 PM
What about mccall with murray as number 2 :wink:

HibbyAndy
10-06-2014, 03:17 PM
Murray.......

Grant :greengrin

lord bunberry
10-06-2014, 03:18 PM
Ian Murray for me, he has experience of the league we will be playing in next year. If not I would like us to bring in someone other than Stuart Mcall, he's got the look of another TB about him.

J-C
10-06-2014, 03:19 PM
I like Ian and have a lot of time for him but although he's been managing in the championship, the Hibs job is still a bit too much right now, we need a strong experienced manager to take us up immediately.

Albion Hibs
10-06-2014, 04:05 PM
Unlike any other manager that is currently being touted he actually knows and has succeeded in the division we are in. On that basis for me he is the only choice. Dumbarton were unlucky to miss out on a play off spot, for a part time team that forms it's own CV.

Sir David Gray
10-06-2014, 04:06 PM
If Ian Murray cherishes his growing reputation as a promising young manager, he won't touch the Hibs job with a 50ft barge pole.

HibeeHendo
10-06-2014, 04:24 PM
I'm sure I read that he just signed a new deal with Dumbarton.

nribs
10-06-2014, 04:29 PM
I'm sure I read that he just signed a new deal with Dumbarton.

I think he did but we don't know what kind of release clauses may be written in to his contract? Also if Hibs do want him and it's not clear we do I doubt he is on a big wedge at Dumbarton so wouldn't command a huge salary and I doubt Dumbarton could knock back a sensible offer.

DH1875
10-06-2014, 08:09 PM
there is only one choice to make, Russell Latapy.

Why??? :confused:

HibbyAndy
10-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Why??? :confused:

Coz.

Ronniekirk
10-06-2014, 08:20 PM
Cant help but feel it's too soon for him.
I agree and that's why he won't take it if offered .He has a sensible head on him and this isn't the right time for him IMO But defo a Future Hibs Manager

Ronniekirk
10-06-2014, 08:21 PM
If Ian Murray cherishes his growing reputation as a promising young manager, he won't touch the Hibs job with a 50ft barge pole.
What about with a forty yard barge pole ? :wink:

weonlywon6-2
10-06-2014, 08:22 PM
I like Ian and have a lot of time for him but although he's been managing in the championship, the Hibs job is still a bit too much right now, we need a strong experienced manager to take us up immediately.

This is what i believe as well,we could knacker him next year cause there is a lot of pressure on the new manager due to the teams in the league

Winston Ingram
10-06-2014, 08:30 PM
Leann Dempster has struck as someone as very logical & reasonable.

There are no logical reasons to give a guy who has 2 years experience of managing a part-time club the keys to Hibs.

I'd like him to be Hibs manager in the future but he's not ready yet.

We need a steady hand now & I really can't see LD's 1st appointment being a rookie:agree:

IberianHibernian
10-06-2014, 09:23 PM
Another club legend with limited managerial experience. Aye, that's worked for us before all right. Let's put the burnt finger back in the fire. We need a rational decision to appoint a new manager, not an emotional one. No disrespect to Ian, who I have a huge amount of time for.

Mowbray or McLeish would certainly do me, but I suspect McCall might well be the man, and nothing wrong with that.

Whoever it is, I don't envy him. If he fails to win his first Championship match by four or five, the witch burners will be lighting their torches again....First time I`ve seen Murray referred to as a Hibs legend . If he`s a legend there must be hundreds more . As for being new manager , if it`s because of Dumbarton`s good league position what about QOS manager ( Falkirk one gone to England ) or Alex Neil or Hartley ? If it`s because Murray played for Hibs what about Hartley or Danny Lennon ?

hibeesjoe
10-06-2014, 09:24 PM
Hopefully at some point he can come and be a success but I don't think now is the time for him. Want too see a bit of experience and success in the dug out for next season.

NAE NOOKIE
10-06-2014, 10:16 PM

Couldn't agree more :agree:

joe breezy
10-06-2014, 10:19 PM
I think Hibs need someone affordable and up and coming so aye - where's the money coming from for McLeish - Hibs are skint get a grip with the fantasy pish

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
10-06-2014, 10:32 PM
Anyone who knows Hibs and is currently employed by a club would be an idiot taking a job at Hibs while Petrie is at the club?

silverhibee
10-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Anyone who knows Hibs and is currently employed by a club would be an idiot taking a job at Hibs while Petrie is at the club?

And Murray has the same agent as Butcher.

Steve-O
10-06-2014, 10:48 PM

Nope.

Glorious St Pat
10-06-2014, 11:59 PM
Not for me.

I'd take Kenny Sheils.

#KSGAWA

I hope you are joking after his Morton escapades!

Glorious St Pat
11-06-2014, 12:00 AM
I saw why not with his assistant and Boozy as a coach.

macd123
11-06-2014, 12:25 AM
First time I`ve seen Murray referred to as a Hibs legend . If he`s a legend there must be hundreds more . As for being new manager , if it`s because of Dumbarton`s good league position what about QOS manager ( Falkirk one gone to England ) or Alex Neil or Hartley ? If it`s because Murray played for Hibs what about Hartley or Danny Lennon ?

I don't think you really mean hartley should be a contender. Do you?

Gustavo Fring
11-06-2014, 12:33 AM
hibs are in the worst mess iv ever seen , this is no time to take a gamble on someone like murray

besides we probably canny afford to compete wi dumbarton in the wages department anyway , remember petrie is still at the club

11-06-2014, 06:47 AM
Murray looks like a very promising young manager, he has done very well with his Dumbarton side. However, I think atm it's too soon for him to come to hibs as the club is in a bit of a state just now therefore I think we need to bring in somebody with much more experience. Whoever comes in has a very big task ahead of him, they practically have to build a brand new team from sratch that can challenge for promotion - thats a big ask for even the best of managers let alone a young, inexperienced manager like Murray. He's doing well where he is and learning his trade well, I just think that the hibs job is too much for him at the moment.

It would be a gamble that atm we can't afford to take.

truehibernian
11-06-2014, 07:42 AM
hibs are in the worst mess iv ever seen , this is no time to take a gamble on someone like murray

besides we probably canny afford to compete wi dumbarton in the wages department anyway , remember petrie is still at the club

Really ? Worst mess you've seen ?

Worst mess I've seen was when we nearly went out of existence - followed by Bertie Auld and Jim Duffy's sides, then watching games from a crumbling set of stands !

Be positive - absolute blank canvas for a manager to come in and create a side - new CE who looks like she's hit the ground sprinting not running and I'm positive moves were well in place to recruit new man before yesterday's events - young players like Sam and Alex can look forward to the new season with a spring in their step - fans are galvanising towards a common cause, new sponsors announced, Eddie May coming in to revamp youth coaching, Spartans link up, new strip launch.....

I've seen a hell of a lot worse - quite looking forward to the Hibs new dawn !

The goalie
11-06-2014, 08:08 AM
Murray for me with James McDonaugh and bring back Scott Thomson as goalie coach to clear the mess made by that lot!

Murray has played in Scotland and England has "cut his teeth" as a young manager in the very division we find ourself.
James is a fantastic young coach knows the young guys at Hibs and around the the country and is highly rated but also has the respect of the boys.
Thomo is a superb goalie coach and note his last game at Hibs was when we played Ross County away! ring any bells? He is well respected by the first team as not just a goalie coach but as a team player.

Some may think this is the cheap opption and it prob is but i think you have a blend there that knows the club, knows what the fans want and more importantly know what to do to get us out of this mess!