PDA

View Full Version : Home of Football ?!

EdinMike
09-06-2014, 11:38 PM
Apparently the SFA are considering moving it away from Hampden. And I for one wouldn't mind because I hate the place !

ER being listed as a place for Scotland games or Cup games. Its all pipeworks at the moment but what does everyone else think. And if it did come to pass what would Hampden be used for ?! Gigs and Queens Park games ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27774208?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

TheFamous1875
10-06-2014, 12:32 AM
I think it would be good for friendlies etc to be at ER, Pittodrie, but I also think we should have Hampden as our national stadium (even if it's tosh).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ozyhibby
10-06-2014, 04:04 AM
I think it's a good idea to leave Hampden. I would rather see the money spent on the grassroots of the game. We have three other stadiums in Scotland which can easily host big Scotland games and we have Easter road and Pittodrie for smaller games.

SkintHibby
10-06-2014, 04:15 AM
They should build a new national stadium away from Glasgow. Stirling area would be perfect.:agree:

Onion
10-06-2014, 04:35 AM
They should build a new national stadium away from Glasgow. Stirling area would be perfect.:agree:

Sounds like the perfect job for Petrie.

Michael
10-06-2014, 04:59 AM
I didn't know this was the case. Maybe they could pick Easter Road and pay to fill in the corners!

Pete
10-06-2014, 05:27 AM
I really like hampden. There aren't many stadiums left with that bowl design and it feels like a piece of history.

Mr White
10-06-2014, 05:35 AM
If they left hampden then the most likely venues for most if not all league and scottish cup finals would be celtic park and ibrox on rotation. **** that. Those 2 teams have enough advantage over everyone else without getting the chance to win a cup every season in their own stadium and pocketing the change too. Hampden isn't great but at least it's neutral (if you ignore the fact the ugly sisters have their own designated end and changing rooms)

CB_NO3
10-06-2014, 05:41 AM
Why does Pittodrie get mentioned? Its a dive of a stadium. Its so run down.

Mr White
10-06-2014, 05:45 AM
Why does Pittodrie get mentioned? Its a dive of a stadium. Its so run down.

It keeps those uppity northerners quiet to chuck them a friendly against Estonia or Egypt every 3 or 4 years :cb:

wandering_hibee
10-06-2014, 05:47 AM
Share with rugby and use Murrayfield, far better stadium anyway and not so far for us to walk home next time we get to a cup final and ...

Mr White
10-06-2014, 05:51 AM
Share with rugby and use Murrayfield, far better stadium anyway and not so far for us to walk home next time we get to a cup final and ...

They'll never take internationals or cup finals out of Glasgow on a regular or permanent basis imo. Even if it makes sense there's no chance.

Joe6-2
10-06-2014, 06:10 AM
I really like hampden. There aren't many stadiums left with that bowl design and it feels like a piece of history.

The old Hamden was a piece of history, I personally can't stand the ground now

greenpaper55
10-06-2014, 06:19 AM
Ah the old Hampden, nothing like the feeling of someone p****** down the back of your leg !

Aldo
10-06-2014, 06:22 AM
Absolute dump of a ground. The SFA paid something like £52 Million to upgrade the Main Stand yet the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff cost just under £80 Million to build.

Hamdump should of been bulldozed decades ago.

Earl of Currie
10-06-2014, 06:37 AM
Scotland isn't big enough for the number of stadium we have just now.

SFA should either share with Murrayfield or rotate grounds, similar to Italy or Germany.

Money saved from using Hampden could go back into grass roots.

Saorsa
10-06-2014, 07:14 AM
Absolute dump of a ground. The SFA paid something like £52 Million to upgrade the Main Stand yet the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff cost just under £80 Million to build.

Hamdump should of been bulldozed decades ago.This, there was a chance years ago for building a new stadium yet the wasted tens of millions on that dump, now they're thinking of moving :rolleyes:

nribs
10-06-2014, 07:18 AM
If the SFA help pay for a pitch and lighting like they have at Arsenal then yes if not Easter Road pitch wouldn't hold up to a number of international games a season.

bathhibby
10-06-2014, 07:22 AM
If the SFA help pay for a pitch and lighting like they have at Arsenal then yes if not Easter Road pitch wouldn't hold up to a number of international games a season.
Fantastic - no more trips that dump of an embarrassment
Play big games at Ibrox or Parkhead and the smaller ones at ER or Pitodrie - sorted

Sweep
10-06-2014, 08:36 AM
if the running track they have just put around the pitch is to stay after the commonwealth games, then the seating would be evenfurther away from the pitch. I dont like hampden it lacks any atmosphere and the atmosphere at Celtic park for the semi final for Aberdeen was brilliant.

hibbysam
10-06-2014, 08:43 AM
if the running track they have just put around the pitch is to stay after the commonwealth games, then the seating would be evenfurther away from the pitch. I dont like hampden it lacks any atmosphere and the atmosphere at Celtic park for the semi final for Aberdeen was brilliant.

The running track couldn't stay as well as the football pitch... The running track is on top of the football pitch!

edinburghhibee
10-06-2014, 09:50 AM
Isn't Scottish Rugby looking for financial assistance regularly? I think sharing murrayfield with them would assist football by saving money and assist Scottish rugby in providing income.

Murrayfield is the best stadium in scotland and it's in the capital. Fans from all over the world would love to come to edinburgh to watch international games!

Keith_M
10-06-2014, 10:13 AM
I personally think they should look at sharing Murrayfield for Cup Finals and some Scotland games. They could then share out other Internationals and semi-Finals around the rest of the country.

What I would HATE to happen is they pick Ibrox and Celtic Park for Finals.

Sir David Gray
10-06-2014, 11:33 AM
There should be a new national stadium built and it should be in Edinburgh.

Ridiculous that our national stadium isn't in the capital city.

Apart from anything else, Hampden is a horrible stadium.

Sweep
10-06-2014, 11:47 AM
The running track couldn't stay as well as the football pitch... The running track is on top of the football pitch!

I thought they had removed seats to lay the track? :doh:

Peevemor
10-06-2014, 11:56 AM
I thought they had removed seats to lay the track? :doh:

They did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErHDa6yNW_I

Sean1875
10-06-2014, 02:05 PM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=13403&newsCategoryID=1
Statement from the SFA

Geo_1875
10-06-2014, 02:22 PM
There should be a new national stadium built and it should be in Edinburgh.

Ridiculous that our national stadium isn't in the capital city.

Apart from anything else, Hampden is a horrible stadium.

I agree completely but it'll never happen as long as Scottish football is run by the weegies.

And according to an article in the Scotsman today, "Despite its status as a provincial footballing city, Edinburgh has played an important pioneering role on a handful of occasions down the years."

Is English not a prerequisite for journalists these days?