PDA

View Full Version : Sepp Blatter

Pretty Boy
09-06-2014, 09:03 PM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27762435

What an utter roaster.

Strange how he is suddenly worried about racism when his grubby deals are in danger of being exposed but he's turned a blind eye to some of the shameful stuff in stadiums around the world in recent years.

He obviously learned how to play the racism card from his old accomplice Jack Warner.

NAE NOOKIE
09-06-2014, 09:10 PM
Cant get the link to work PB. But I don't think I need to read it to agree with your opinion of Sepp Blatter.

SeanWilson
09-06-2014, 09:23 PM

What an utter roaster.

Strange how he is suddenly worried about racism when his grubby deals are in danger of being exposed but he's turned a blind eye to some of the shameful stuff in stadiums around the world in recent years.

He obviously learned how to play the racism card from his old accomplice Jack Warner.

The man is an absolute half-wit. You have to wonder how on earth he has got away with it for so long.

Bostonhibby
09-06-2014, 09:26 PM

What an utter roaster.

Nasty wee man, head of a corrupt dynasty - so trapped in a time warp that he thinks playing the distraction card will work. Sporting worlds' Berlusconi - yam class but with more money and plenty protection.

Saorsa
09-06-2014, 09:34 PM

What an utter roaster.

He obviously learned how to play the racism card from his old accomplice Jack Warner.http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27762435

Cant get the link to work PB. But I don't think I need to read it to agree with your opinion of Sepp Blatter.

:aok:

Stax
09-06-2014, 09:37 PM
Total cretin. Very good politician but I reckon this could be his Watergate moment. The fact sponsors like Sony and coca cola are now asking questions is the game changer in this whole sorry affair. Money talks

Michael
09-06-2014, 09:57 PM
He always says stuff like this and so far it's worked out for him. However, I think time is about up for Sepp. Gotta say he's done well though. Not in terms of what FIFA have done under him, but just how he's managed to be in his position for so long.

snooky
09-06-2014, 10:25 PM
IMO, FIFA has been corrupt for years with Septic Bladder and "Dixon of Dock Green" up to their necks in it.

Ronniekirk
09-06-2014, 10:40 PM
Total cretin. Very good politician but I reckon this could be his Watergate moment. The fact sponsors like Sony and coca cola are now asking questions is the game changer in this whole sorry affair. Money talks
Sadly you are right .Its not till the big corporation threaten to pull money out that anything gets done .how this man has remained in that position of power for so long seems incredible ,maybe Rod has taken advice from him .

Lewis77
09-06-2014, 10:45 PM
He clearly has a chip on his shoulder when it comes to England. I'm not a fan of the English football team but even I can see at times he appears to do and say things with the sole intention of getting up the nose of the English.

Now I try and look at this logically and no matter what your opinion of them (england) is, the English FA is one of the least corrupt, probably the least corrupt associations in the world and therefore you'd expect the leader of FIFA to be very much in their corner. The fact that Blatter isn't but appears to side with those associations that have less than credible reputations says something about the man for me.

Wasn't there some story in the past year where a player was fined £50,000 for unveiling a none Fifa sanctioned sponsor then some team only got a £10,000 fine for racist chants? Something like that?

Bronson
09-06-2014, 11:39 PM
He's pishing his breeks the more and more this bribery story is talked about. To try and rubbish it as racism is desperate and only makes me think he's more of a crook than I already do. Welt of a man.

PeterboroHibee
10-06-2014, 05:53 AM
He clearly has a chip on his shoulder when it comes to England. I'm not a fan of the English football team but even I can see at times he appears to do and say things with the sole intention of getting up the nose of the English.

Now I try and look at this logically and no matter what your opinion of them (england) is, the English FA is one of the least corrupt, probably the least corrupt associations in the world and therefore you'd expect the leader of FIFA to be very much in their corner. The fact that Blatter isn't but appears to side with those associations that have less than credible reputations says something about the man for me.

Wasn't there some story in the past year where a player was fined £50,000 for unveiling a none Fifa sanctioned sponsor then some team only got a £10,000 fine for racist chants? Something like that?

I remember Bendtner was fined significantly more for wearing Paddy Power pants and showing them when he celebrated, compared to various incidents of racism.

As for FIFA, if you read countless articles they come across as a horrible, corrupt organisation. Its essentially on old boys club so even when Blatter loses his position of power, chances are someone just as bad will take over. You just have to look at stories involving those who are/were high up in FIFA to see countless stories of allegations of corruption.

marinello59
10-06-2014, 06:05 AM
Nothing that comes out of that mans mouth surprises me.

Hibs Class
10-06-2014, 06:54 AM
Given the current ongoing investigation, this intervention is both astonishing and desperate

ScottB
10-06-2014, 07:19 AM
It's the Farage defence; defend your ridiculous position by labelling all critics racists.

This up there with when Blatter himself was accused of racism and posted a photo if himself with a black guy on twitter... The fantastically named Tokyo Sexwale

JimBHibees
10-06-2014, 08:28 AM

What an utter roaster.

Spot on the guy who has single handedly IMO allowed racism to be condoned in stadiums when previously it had been eradicated. The mark of a hugely desperate man. Just when you think he couldnt be any more despicable however football all over really needs to look at why so many were backing Qatar including most of Europe.

magpie1892
10-06-2014, 09:33 AM
Given the current ongoing investigation, this intervention is both astonishing and desperate

:top marks

It's OK, though, if the media are being racist because 'at the end of the game we can shake hands and forget about it'.

Keith_M
10-06-2014, 10:19 AM
I read that and also thought, 'oh-oh, the race card'.

Yeah that's what it is Sepp. It's nothing to do with massive bribes, agreeing to have a world Cup in a country that has up to 50C in the summer and is using slave labour under inhuman conditions...it's that everyone is picking on the poor Qataris out of racism.

Beefster
10-06-2014, 10:22 AM
The racism chat is mainly to keep the Asians and Africans federations onside for the 2015 election.

LancsHibs
10-06-2014, 10:53 AM
Slavering old buffoon, in the same mould as Lord Pishstain. Surly too old, senile and corrupt to be reelected again!

magpie1892
10-06-2014, 11:00 AM
The racism chat is mainly to keep the Asians and Africans federations onside for the 2015 election.

"I could understand it if it was in Africa, but not in Italy" - Sepp Blatter on the Italian match-fixing scandal.

Oh dear.

SonOfDavidFrancey
10-06-2014, 12:00 PM
Pigs. Troughs.

The Petrie of FIFA.