PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody have a clue whats going on?

madhatter
09-06-2014, 05:10 PM
Petrie?
Butcher?
ST prices?
Players coming in?
Players going out?
New strip?
New sponsors?
New structure to academy?
Youth players being kept?

Whilst I realise Leeann is just in the door, and I'm fully confident of her turning things round, I can't help but think - what the hell is going on???? So many unanswered questions and yet other clubs have made signings, got their strip out and are, pretty much as a matter of fact, keeping their management team. I've got my ST and will be there next season but this, "grass is 3mm in height now" stuff is a bit condescending. If we had brought in 5 really good players in, they could post up any random **** and I'd be happy. Just don't do it whilst we are circling the drain...

Surely, we could at least know what is happening with the management team and the remaining players in the next 2 days at the very latest.

Weststandwanab
09-06-2014, 05:13 PM
Not me.

scuttle
09-06-2014, 05:17 PM
Horticulturalists ken whits going on

bingo70
09-06-2014, 05:22 PM
I agree with the op.

I get why there's been a delay but let's get get on with it now eh?! I reckon there'll be one raj week where we announce loads, hopefully it's soon as the fans need a pick me up sharpish.

easty
09-06-2014, 05:24 PM
It's just took my bus 23 mins to go from Forrest Road to Haymarket. Now, that's a real delay.

Pete
09-06-2014, 05:26 PM
I don't even know if our manager is in the same continent.

lord bunberry
09-06-2014, 05:27 PM
I agree with the op.

I get why there's been a delay but let's get get on with it now eh?! I reckon there'll be one raj week where we announce loads, hopefully it's soon as the fans need a pick me up sharpish.

Are we actually selling season tickets at the moment? You would think that they would want to get that particular decision made pretty sharpish.

Onion
09-06-2014, 05:27 PM
I agree with the op.

Suggests big announcements due. No business until Butcher is gone.

yeezus.
09-06-2014, 05:29 PM
I've been waiting on news in regards to ST prices since relegation. Not a clue what's going on :confused:

fat freddy
09-06-2014, 05:32 PM
It's just took my bus 23 mins to go from Forrest Road to Haymarket. Now, that's a real delay.. You lucky bar steward, I was stuck on the bypass for an hour due to a lorry shedding its load

GreenCastle
09-06-2014, 05:39 PM
Petrie? Should go
Butcher? Useless - get rid and bring back JC or bring in Murray
ST prices? Keep them - total rip off but Scottish Football has been for years
Players coming in? Some will come in - but whose shopping list will it be. TB
Players going out? Surely Nelson has to be away soon ?!
New strip? - 1.5 week away - we always release it last in the whole world.
New sponsors? something Best...Caledonia Best?
New structure to academy? LD looking at this amongst other things right now. How are they finally saying now the structure is crap?
Youth players being kept? several released already.

Whilst I realise Leeann is just in the door, and I'm fully confident of her turning things round, I can't help but think - what the hell is going on???? So many unanswered questions and yet other clubs have made signings, got their strip out and are, pretty much as a matter of fact, keeping their management team. I've got my ST and will be there next season but this, "grass is 3mm in height now" stuff is a bit condescending. If we had brought in 5 really good players in, they could post up any random **** and I'd be happy. Just don't do it whilst we are circling the drain...

Surely, we could at least know what is happening with the management team and the remaining players in the next 2 days at the very latest.

Only good news is the pitch at ER is being relaid - apart from that - desperate times and lack of anything from our owner or manager.

LD is being made to pick up the pieces - and it's not ever her mess!

easty
09-06-2014, 05:40 PM
. You lucky bar steward, I was stuck on the bypass for an hour due to a lorry shedding its load

Sorry about the thread hijack, but WTF is going on with the traffic? Nearly 20 mins to get along Gorgie Road now. It's totally backed up.

bighairyfaeleith
09-06-2014, 05:46 PM
Sorry about the thread hijack, but WTF is going on with the traffic? Nearly 20 mins to get along Gorgie Road now. It's totally backed up.

Be another ****ing cake bake probably, they ***** love them

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

Leith Green
09-06-2014, 05:49 PM
Only good news is the pitch at ER is being relaid - apart from that - desperate times and lack of anything from our owner or manager.

LD is being made to pick up the pieces - and it's not ever her mess!

If Butcher is still here then we really are wasting money relaying the pitch as i dont think we are likely to see the ball on it too much

Golden Bear
09-06-2014, 05:51 PM

Don't know if it's connected it not but a lorry shed its load on the bypass which was then reduced to one lane. Traffic was backing up all over the place tonight.

silverhibee
09-06-2014, 05:52 PM

He is in England with family.

Kaiserclem
09-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Well said and original OP is spot on. Yes LD is just in the door and we all support her fully and she sounds impressive, BUT......ur not telling me she wasn't working for us prior to June 1st? Of course she was and the fact she won't answer if TB is our manager, TB himself has disappeared, MM has vanished, No signings etc etc etc. If TB was the man making the decisions regarding players being released etc. LD would have said. Our club, yes our club, is a joke. Bought my ST in early bird stage but have no clue what is happening and embarrassed the state we are in. Two weeks after relegation and not one hibs fan knows what is happening! Absolute Joke!

Borderhibbie76
09-06-2014, 06:06 PM
And nothing to give us tortured fans any hope whatsoever for season ahead...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

johnrebus
09-06-2014, 06:15 PM
The usual Hibs PR machine.

LD knows the depth of feeling - and yet nothing, nothing at all.

And what word from our glorious leader Saint Tom Farmer?

Not one ****ing word!

:grr:

Hibby70
09-06-2014, 06:16 PM

Foulkes burst his banks. Totally flooded I heard.

Weststandwanab
09-06-2014, 06:23 PM

The shares are being delivered.

Foulkes burst his banks. Totally flooded I heard.

It was mad vlads bank that is burst.

Brooster
09-06-2014, 06:26 PM
You have to laugh at threads like this you really do. I demand we know this and that blah blah blah.

LancsHibs
09-06-2014, 06:26 PM
The club need to release a statement sooner rather than later. The fans are in the dark and the whole thing reeks of a shambles:wtf:

emerald green
09-06-2014, 06:31 PM
I don't have a clue what's going on that's for sure, but FWIW I would guess that a lot of plans, possible potential signings, and most importantly who is going to be our manager next season, were completely blown out of the water by the club getting relegated.

Garbage as the team was, how could anyone have predicted such a total collapse and fall into a lower division?

LD now has a massive task to clear up the mess, and the damage caused to the club. The Hibs supporters have to help her as much as they can IMO.

NAE NOOKIE
09-06-2014, 06:33 PM
All I know is that we have about 2 months until the league kicks off .... knowing our luck it will be The Rangers or the Yams in our first game.

What ever we are going to do team wise or manager wise ( if required ) I would suggest we get the finger out !!!

stoneyburn hibs
09-06-2014, 06:33 PM
You have to laugh at threads like this you really do. I demand we know this and that blah blah blah.

Dont think anyone is demanding anything, fans just want to know what is going on.

madhatter
09-06-2014, 06:40 PM

Where did I demand anything?

Beefster
09-06-2014, 06:47 PM

Aye but it's been, like, 2 whole days since the meeting with supporters. I bet Dempster has had time to eat but still we're waiting on the price of the season ticket that I already bought and paid for two months ago.

Scottie
09-06-2014, 06:57 PM
He is in England with family.

Hope he stays Doon here

The club need to release a statement sooner rather than later. The fans are in the dark and the whole thing reeks of a shambles:wtf:

I agree but obviously there's nothing to report at the mo worth reporting. Think by Wednestday all will be revealed. :wink:

Smartie
09-06-2014, 07:20 PM
I don't have a clue what's going on that's for sure, but FWIW I would guess that a lot of plans, possible potential signings, and most importantly who is going to be our manager next season, were completely blown out of the water by the club getting relegated.

Garbage as the team was, how could anyone have predicted such a total collapse and fall into a lower division?

LD now has a massive task to clear up the mess, and the damage caused to the club. The Hibs supporters have to help her as much as they can IMO.

Very good post indeed imo.

WestStandMoaner
09-06-2014, 07:34 PM
Dont think anyone is demanding anything, fans just want to know what is going on.

The reason we are not hearing anything is because Petrie thought we were safe, it is a disaster for our club and was not foreseen by our Chairman, there will definitely be a bit of panic behind the scenes.

However, LA has promised to communicate better with the fans, well in my book one week is plenty of time to tell us if Butcher is staying or going or does she have to check with Petrie?

weonlywon6-2
09-06-2014, 08:19 PM

Hes certainly never been on the same planet

cmcd
09-06-2014, 08:26 PM
[QUOTE=johnrebus;4054502]The usual Hibs PR machine.

LD knows the depth of feeling - and yet nothing, nothing at all.

And what word from our glorious leader Saint Tom Farmer?

Not one ****ing word!

skipster7
09-06-2014, 08:27 PM
I do.
The football team were the worst in the spl and were relegated.
Rod Petrie is in a different capacity now that Leeann Dempster has been appointed
Terry Butcher is the manager and is to hold talks with Ms Dempster at a later stage this week
Initial discussions have been held with various representatives of supporters clubs/associations regarding season ticket prices, given the timescale afforded I'd expect announcement fairly soon
Any players coming in are usually announced after they have signed a contract
Any players leaving will be recorded on the club website when they have left
Strip is likely to be modelled when the sponsor is made known for maximum effect
Ms Dempster has stated she wants to fix things with the academy having been mentioned but with so much to do a summary of changes made will likely be made when the changes are in place

I don't have any source inside the club and I don't expect anything to be announced until after it has happened
Exactly, the transfer window only opened today in Scotland

sahib
09-06-2014, 08:45 PM
The reason we are not hearing anything is because Petrie thought we were safe, it is a disaster for our club and was not foreseen by our Chairman, there will definitely be a bit of panic behind the scenes.

However, LA has promised to communicate better with the fans, well in my book one week is plenty of time to tell us if Butcher is staying or going or does she have to check with Petrie?

Exactly! I wouldn't go assuming that everything down ER is proceeding according to some pre-prepared plan. They are probably all still in shock and perhaps many will be looking to their own futures as much as the club's problems. This is a seismic event it will take time to set a budget, then recruit a management team ( or decided if the current pair are staying) and finally sign or borrow new players. All the responsibility of a new boss - jings! I don't envy her job.

skipster7
09-06-2014, 08:48 PM
I do.
The football team were the worst in the spl and were relegated.
Rod Petrie is in a different capacity now that Leeann Dempster has been appointed
Terry Butcher is the manager and is to hold talks with Ms Dempster at a later stage this week
Initial discussions have been held with various representatives of supporters clubs/associations regarding season ticket prices, given the timescale afforded I'd expect announcement fairly soon
Any players coming in are usually announced after they have signed a contract
Any players leaving will be recorded on the club website when they have left
Strip is likely to be modelled when the sponsor is made known for maximum effect
Ms Dempster has stated she wants to fix things with the academy having been mentioned but with so much to do a summary of changes made will likely be made when the changes are in place

I don't have any source inside the club and I don't expect anything to be announced until after it has happened
Exactly, the transfer window only opened today in Scotland

RIP
09-06-2014, 10:02 PM
Suggest you guys delete that conjecture?

Think about who might read?

Jonnyboy
09-06-2014, 10:21 PM

And instantly. :agree:

Callum_62
09-06-2014, 10:45 PM
Curious....

jacomo
09-06-2014, 11:00 PM
Well, it seems if I'd checked in here a little earlier I might have known but now I'm still in the dark. :wink:

Given the mess we are in, I can cope with a wait until LD is ready to announce a plan. But if the plan is #TBGAWA 'C'mon back the boys!' it will be something of an anti-climax.

Does anyone seriously think TB can stay? Total silence from the motor mouth since relegation... Can only mean one thing surely?