PDA

View Full Version : Rolling 12 month contract vs 2 or 3 year fixed

Salisbury Hibby
09-06-2014, 03:50 PM
I see Celtic have engaged their new Manager on a 12 month rolling contract. How exactly does this work? Do you work on renewing , say about 9 months in? Is a Rolling Contract better to motivate Managers to perform? Is it something we should think about doing?

Centre Hawf
09-06-2014, 03:54 PM
For me a rolling 12 month contract is a much better option for a club to utilise when hiring a manager. I don't know how many managers would like it but after seeing what kind of mess we're in at the moment with Butchers contract I'd rather have the safety net.

ekhibee
09-06-2014, 03:58 PM
I'm sure I heard something to the effect that Bobby Williamson had a rolling contract when he was Hibs manager.

Scottie
09-06-2014, 04:04 PM
If we get a decent manager that does well though he would be able to walk away with no compo due to the club. Suppose that's the only down side.

worcesterhibby
09-06-2014, 04:04 PM
It means you never have to re-sign him as the contract always has 12 months to run..however if you want to sack him you only have to pay out 12 months compo.

Remember Strachan being on that contract at Celtic

Salisbury Hibby
09-06-2014, 04:06 PM
If we get a decent manager that does well though he would be able to walk away with no compo due to the club. Suppose that's the only down side.

I suppose - but just imagine having a decent manager that does well....

nribs
09-06-2014, 04:09 PM
I suppose - but just imagine having a decent manager that does well....

A decent manager at Hibs would probably always have 18-24 months left on a contract. This way we would always get a years worth of compo or only have 1 year to pay out?

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-06-2014, 04:10 PM
A decent manager that does well you say?hmmm. What a crazy concept that is

TheDude
09-06-2014, 06:06 PM
I see Celtic have engaged their new Manager on a 12 month rolling contract. How exactly does this work? Do you work on renewing , say about 9 months in? Is a Rolling Contract better to motivate Managers to perform? Is it something we should think about doing?

Essentially he has exactly 12 months to run on his contract everyday until he is sacked/quits/changes contract terms. In terms of Hibs its unlikely that TB would have signed such a deal, its flexible but less secure in the longer term. Although at this stage I'm sure he wishes he had signed something similar.