PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Free Stadium Tours on Sunday

RSS Bot
09-06-2014, 03:10 PM
Historical Trust's Open Day, midday-4pm, Easter Road

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140609/free-stadium-tours-on-sunday_2262950_3893083)

erin go bragh
09-06-2014, 03:42 PM
Historical Trust's Open Day, midday-4pm, Easter Road

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140609/free-stadium-tours-on-sunday_2262950_3893083)
Done the tour last year with my 3 young ones . brilliant tour . id recommend it to anyone .
i might go again this Sunday ,it was that good .:thumbsup:

ggtth

Tom Hart RIP
09-06-2014, 04:17 PM
This year will be bigger. The club are opening other stands do u can visit the community foundation offices, east Stan concourse and bricks and ff with James main plaque.
All for free

Hibs History
09-06-2014, 04:22 PM
More info on the Hibernian Historical Trust website

Download your tour guide online!

Link (http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/blog/item/187-leith-festival-easter-road-stadium-tour-2014)

GGTTH
:flag:

oregonhibby
09-06-2014, 04:29 PM

Link (http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/blog/item/187-leith-festival-easter-road-stadium-tour-2014)

GGTTH

Wee speller on the tour guide - Re-laid rather than relayed

Saorsa
09-06-2014, 05:26 PM

GGTTH
:flag:Can you tell me if you have somebody who reads/answers e-mails about stadium tours? I sent 2 e-mails tae an address given tae me by Russell Smith tae try and arrange a tour for a visitor over from Sweden last season. Neither were replied tae.

NOLA
09-06-2014, 05:28 PM
we went last year, pretty good and we took a load of photos, did that nicked strip ever get returned?

Hibs History
09-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Can you tell me if you have somebody who reads/answers e-mails about stadium tours? I sent 2 e-mails tae an address given tae me by Russell Smith tae try and arrange a tour for a visitor over from Sweden last season. Neither were replied tae.

I am sorry to hear that.

Could you PM me and let me know what emails you used and I can look into it.

Also happy to arrange any tours for future visitors

Hibs History
09-06-2014, 05:42 PM
we went last year, pretty good and we took a load of photos, did that nicked strip ever get returned?

I am pleased to say that the shirt was returned to the trust safe and sound :agree:

Saorsa
09-06-2014, 05:48 PM
I am sorry to hear that.

Could you PM me and let me know what emails you used and I can look into it.

Also happy to arrange any tours for future visitorsUnfortunately I dinnae have access tae that at the moment, the motherboard of the PC on which that info exists has crapped it and I've no yet retrieved anything from the hard drive. With the address coming direct for Russell I dinnae imagine it being wrong though. I cannae remember which of my e-mail addresses I sent it from either. It's no that important now, just thought I'd mention it as this thread was about stadium tours and tae let you ken there may be e-mails going unanswered somewhere, still if that person is over again I'll try again and also PM you on here.

cheers :thumbsup:

Hibs History
09-06-2014, 05:52 PM
Unfortunately I dinnae have access tae that at the moment, the motherboard of the PC on which that info exists has crapped it and I've no yet retrieved anything from the hard drive. With the address coming direct for Russell I dinnae imagine it being wrong though. I cannae remember which of my e-mail addresses I sent it from either. It's no that important now, just thought I'd mention it as this thread was about stadium tours and tae let you ken there me be e-mails going unanswered somewhere, still if that person is over again I'll try again and also PM you on here.

cheers :thumbsup:

That's great and thank you for your understanding

Saorsa
09-06-2014, 05:59 PM
That's great and thank you for your understandingp.s. If you ever find those e-mails please excuse the 2nd one, it was rather curt I'm afraid, I wisnae quite so understanding at the time.

It wisnae rude though.:greengrin

Hibee87
09-06-2014, 06:16 PM
Do you just turn up or what? I canny see anything about booking or that

SouthMoroccoStu
09-06-2014, 06:18 PM
Do you just turn up or what? I canny see anything about booking or that

You just turn up

No need to book.

The HHT guys answered this on twitter today

Hibee87
09-06-2014, 06:19 PM
You just turn up

No need to book.

The HHT guys answered this on twitter today

Cheers mate

lugz
09-06-2014, 07:23 PM
Once again the club miss out on a great opportunity. Have the new strip available and people would be inclined to buy at the end of the tour. Took my wee one last year when she was 7 months and had a great time and got some nice pics.

Would have quite happily bought her a kit for going (if the standard is better this year)

bob12345
09-06-2014, 11:32 PM
Once again the club miss out on a great opportunity. Have the new strip available and people would be inclined to buy at the end of the tour. Took my wee one last year when she was 7 months and had a great time and got some nice pics.

Would have quite happily bought her a kit for going (if the standard is better this year)

That's a fair point. While the tour is a great gesture, this would make sense.

Jones28
09-06-2014, 11:54 PM

Fine yes it would've been ideal, but this is still a great gesture from the club and this should take precedent over anything else.

No doubt if the strip was available you'd get others moaning that they were only doing it to get people in the shop and buying kits.

Tom Hart RIP
10-06-2014, 04:24 AM
I think there will be a bar open this year. :flag:

lugz
10-06-2014, 07:31 AM
Fine yes it would've been ideal, but this is still a great gesture from the club and this should take precedent over anything else.

No doubt if the strip was available you'd get others moaning that they were only doing it to get people in the shop and buying kits.

Very true, cant win really.

I'll not be doing the tour this year due to work but if anyone can make it they definitely should go, great day out.

erin go bragh
10-06-2014, 10:25 AM

The club store was shut last year . Which i found rather strange as after the tour ,lots of folk would have purchest something . Hopefully it will be open this Sunday .

Ggtth

Hibs History
10-06-2014, 01:53 PM
I think there will be a bar open this year. :flag:

The bar will be open this year.

Great for those looking to treat dad this fathers day

Conrad Gray
11-06-2014, 03:21 PM
What time does the last tour start?

KeithTheHibby
12-06-2014, 10:05 AM
I am going to assume this will be very busy? Hibs website said over 2000 attended last year which means rougly 500 people per hour based on it being open 12-4pm?

Tom Hart RIP
12-06-2014, 05:51 PM
This year includes the community foundation offices in the south stand, the programmes and the wall in the east stand and the James main plaque in the famous five as well as the boardroom, gallery, press room and dressing rooms on the west.

SouthMoroccoStu
12-06-2014, 07:20 PM
What time does the last tour start?

On the HHT website mate.

Turn up between 12-4pm

:thumbsup:

Looking forward to it

Hedlund12
13-06-2014, 10:19 AM
[QUOTE=erin go bragh;4055126]The club store was shut last year . Which i found rather strange as after the tour ,lots of folk would have purchest something . Hopefully it will be open this Sunday .

Ggtth[/QUOTE

Clubstore will be open on Sunday - good move there Hibs!
My lad has vouchers that expire next week so will be able to replace/renew them on Sunday.
Tom Wright a Hibs historian gave a talk at the Follow in your Heros footsteps day last season and it was well received by the kids and adults alike... very interesting and informative. Looking forward to Sunday...

SouthMoroccoStu
14-06-2014, 04:44 PM
Need to get as many along to this as possible.

It's a great afternoon out (if previous years are anything to go on) and a great turn out always encourages more events like this in the future.

There is a lot of division with our team right now (disappointed fans, Petrie in/out, manager debates etc) but this is something we can all get behind

Tom Hart RIP
14-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Although it's free there will be a bucket where you can put your loose change. Every penny goes to the trust and helps buy memorabilia when it's up for sale

Nevi_SOL
14-06-2014, 08:38 PM
I'm getting taken along to this for my first Father's Day since my son was born in July. Looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SouthMoroccoStu
15-06-2014, 12:05 AM
Although it's free there will be a bucket where you can put your loose change. Every penny goes to the trust and helps buy memorabilia when it's up for sale

Good to know.

Make sure I have moneys on me now!

Cheers TH

Hibs History
15-06-2014, 09:39 AM
Get yourself along today from 12pm-4pm

A great way to spend a wet Sunday!

Shore Thing
15-06-2014, 09:48 AM
I'll be heading along to this today, with two, or maybe three generations of Hibbys

Shore Thing
15-06-2014, 09:49 AM
The bar will be open this year.

Great for those looking to treat dad this fathers day

Oldest generation will be pleased!

dp00
15-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Excellent day, well hosted , able to do at own pace , loads of photo opportunities for photos and sunshine there for the kids