PDA

View Full Version : What is the best Hibs goal you have seen at Easter Road

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-06-2014, 11:53 AM
As the title suggests. Can't think of too many as I am kinda young, but this one stands out :thumbsup:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6kCi33Vdb-g#

What's yours?

Nando™
09-06-2014, 11:54 AM
Sparky's free kick against the crooks was a particular belter.

Mr White
09-06-2014, 11:55 AM
Chic charnley v alloa or russell's for number 6.

greenpaper55
09-06-2014, 11:55 AM
Bobby Duncan Versus Napoli with Dino Zoff in goal.

Thecat23
09-06-2014, 12:01 PM
Didier Agathe v Dundee! If it was Messi or Ronaldo folk would be raving about it to this day.

He took the ball at the half way line and beat everyman that tried to half him then slid it past the keeper. Really was something else.

hibs0666
One minute in...

Agathe screamer v Dundee (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgJNtspn-ys&feature=player_detailpage)

Hibrandenburg
As the title suggests. Can't think of too many as I am kinda young, but this one stands out :thumbsup:

What's yours?

Not sure if it's the best but one from nigh on the same position from Ally Scott against Rangers that he caught on the half volley. Just gonna see if I can find it on YouTube.

Yuillsy
09-06-2014, 12:02 PM

What's yours?
Neil Orr against Aberdeen, late 80's. Cut inside Willie Miller and curled a peach into the top corner. I was lucky enough to meet him a few years ago, I asked him about the goal and he said "I thought Miller was going to chop me down so I just hit it"!😂���
Although not the best I was also in the cowshed the day Goram decided to cut out the middle man and score himself against Morton. Maybe Butcher should sign him!!!!

Lago
09-06-2014, 12:05 PM
May I be allowed to list more than 1.

Joe Harpers goal against Liverpool. Arthur Duncan wide running full pelt down the slop crosses for Harper to hit it first time from outside the box.

Danny Lennon against Aberdeen, volley into top left, keeper didn't even move.

Pat Stanton against Rangers, header from the edge of the box. Now maybe someone can help because I seem to remember that Pat score 2 in that game both almost identical headers, would that be right or am I getting confused in my old age.

Worth noting all the goals scored at what is now the FF end, then just down the slope. Great days.

givescotlandfreedom
09-06-2014, 12:06 PM
Russell Latapy battering in the 6th http://youtu.be/ad28fo935UA

easty
09-06-2014, 12:07 PM
Russell against them was a beautiful goal.

GOC against them when we won 1-0, the place went just mental.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjMK2oRF1Z8

Thecat23
09-06-2014, 12:08 PM
One minute in...

Agathe screamer v Dundee (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgJNtspn-ys&feature=player_detailpage)

That's the one!! Cheers mate, never get tired of watching that.

Eternal Hibbie
09-06-2014, 12:13 PM
Afraid I can't remember Hibs scoring at Easter Road. :p

silverhibee
09-06-2014, 12:27 PM
What are "goals", :confused:

nribs
09-06-2014, 12:27 PM
Michael O'Neil vs Motherwell an absolute belter

Dan Sarf
09-06-2014, 12:28 PM
What are "goals", :confused:

:top marks

TheFamous1875
09-06-2014, 12:52 PM
May I be allowed to list more than 1.

Joe Harpers goal against Liverpool. Arthur Duncan wide running full pelt down the slop crosses for Harper to hit it first time from outside the box.

Here: http://youtu.be/S6aFDyKlD50

Danny Lennon against Aberdeen, volley into top left, keeper didn't even move.

Pat Stanton against Rangers, header from the edge of the box. Now maybe someone can help because I seem to remember that Pat score 2 in that game both almost identical headers, would that be right or am I getting confused in my old age.

Can't find that, but is it anything like this?

http://youtu.be/-IOuyxVEcds - cracker from Wotherspoon in what would be his last match for Hibs, with great assist from Lewis Stevenson!

Worth noting all the goals scored at what is now the FF end, then just down the slope. Great days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

weonlywon6-2
09-06-2014, 12:59 PM

It was and i was there to see it
Sparky v them at swynie last year is up with the best of them
George best v celtic was also a good goal

iwasthere1972
09-06-2014, 01:02 PM

Mine too. The first European night I attended.
After just five minutes he took a short pass from Jim Scott, and held off a couple of tackles before cracking a 25-yard left-footer high into the net.

eggbamyasi
09-06-2014, 01:06 PM
Sauzee corner goal was a beauty . And latapy against yams make it 6

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Keith_M
09-06-2014, 01:07 PM
I'd honestly find it hard to say what was the best but I still fondly remember George Best's goal against Celtc (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVT-cgqKJsE)

The footage doesn't do it justice, you probably had to be there.

lord bunberry
09-06-2014, 01:10 PM
Riordan against hearts was certainly one of the best, that lanky hearts **** in goals seen it all the way but still couldn't stop it

Scorrie
09-06-2014, 01:12 PM
One of my favourites was Eddie May's headed winner in the 4-3 win over Celtic in the SC in 1986. Cross from Harris I think it was and May's diving header won the match in the last minute. What a match that was!

Tom Hart RIP
09-06-2014, 01:14 PM
Agreed.

deekster
09-06-2014, 01:14 PM

Defo my fav

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevie Reid
09-06-2014, 01:15 PM
My Dad and Brother were in hospitality for this game, and spoke to the referee (Jim McCluskey I think) after the game, and he said it was the best match he'd ever been involved in. MON's goal and Leighton's save at the end were amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvgDNxueTtA

Tom Hart RIP
09-06-2014, 01:17 PM
Remember an ally McLeod effort against Motherwell???
Brought ball down on his chest and sent keeper the wrong way before casually rolling it into opposite corner. Sheer class

Hibiza
09-06-2014, 01:23 PM
Eddie Mays " rasper" against the yams. Goram's golie kick. :flag:

Disshibee
09-06-2014, 01:28 PM
Agreed.

It was reported in the press that Bobby skelped it in from 25 yards but, unless my memory is playing tricks with the passing of time, I thought it was just inside their half! The mighty Baker Boy scored a few crackers as well but that first goal against Napoli and Zoff will live with me for ever.

McSwanky
09-06-2014, 01:31 PM
Third goal on this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgJNtspn-ys

Maybe not the very best, but class just for the "did that just happen?" moment...

Edit: Oops, didn't click that it was supposed to be at ER. Oh well.....

nribs
09-06-2014, 01:32 PM
My Dad and Brother were in hospitality for this game, and spoke to the referee (Jim McCluskey I think) after the game, and he said it was the best match he'd ever been involved in. MON's goal and Leighton's save at the end were amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvgDNxueTtA

Like I said a thing of beauty. If your looking for the goal go to about 2m 20s in

Scott Allan Key
09-06-2014, 01:40 PM
Didier Agathe v Dundee! If it was Messi or Ronaldo folk would be raving about it to this day.

He took the ball at the half way line and beat everyman that tried to half him then slid it past the keeper. Really was something else.

Snap.

West hamBERNIAN
09-06-2014, 01:48 PM
Luna equaliser vs aek was up there. Russell vs them. When I was younger, dirk lehmenns goals vs Motherwell after our last promotion and kenny miller vs rangers in a 2-2 draw I think.

SteveHFC
09-06-2014, 01:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F36L51_1fqo

MrRobot
09-06-2014, 01:59 PM
Hard to pick a best, there is Riordan in the 2-2 game against Hearts, there is Mikey Stewart in the cup on the volley(think it was Aberdeen we were playing...cant quite remember)

But the pick of the best is Latapy against Hearts. The play was outstanding and the finish itself was sublime.

wookie70
09-06-2014, 02:42 PM
Ralph Callachans doing an Archie Gemmil

emerald green
09-06-2014, 02:49 PM
I've seen so many great goals at ER over the years I can't chose one that I feel is the best.

One that comes to mind was scored by Kevin Harper against the Yaks - the winner if my memory serves me correctly. I was in the old east terracing as it was then. Harper picked up the ball just inside his own half and ran with the ball for what seemed like ages, fending off challenges, before placing a beautifully controlled shot into the back of their net.

There was total bedlam in the old east terracing. I think that made it 2-1 for Hibs.

Stevie Reid
09-06-2014, 02:53 PM
I've seen so many great goals at ER over the years I can't chose one that I feel is the best.

One that comes to mind was scored by Kevin Harper against the Yaks - the winner if my memory serves me correctly. I was in the old east terracing as it was then. Harper picked up the ball just inside his own half and ran with the ball for what seemed like ages, fending off challenges, before placing a beautifully controlled shot into the back of their net.

There was total bedlam in the old east terracing. I think that made it 2-1 for Hibs.

Basher's goal was decent as well! What a difference though, this was a Hibs team staring relegation in the face, going up against the best Hearts team in a long time, who were chasing a title - look what McLeish instilled in this team, compared to Butcher's failures last season, against the worst Hearts team in living memory, already relegated.

Anyway...a great day from a very bad season: -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqHKrZbcpf8

Kato
09-06-2014, 02:57 PM

One of my favourite games.

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=77962

Dunno if both goals were headers but one certainly was and the other was scored from a similar position, as you say edge of the box.

I think there is mention in one of the Hibs books about this game, Turnbull told Stanton to take up a Centre forward position any time he could as Rangers' (remember them!!?!!) defenders would be marking up Harper.

All over them that day.

Billychaotic182
09-06-2014, 02:58 PM
Mikey Stewarts Volly against Aberdeen in the cup replay was one I remember at the top of my head

Kato
09-06-2014, 03:00 PM
- look what McLeish instilled in this team, compared to Butcher's failures last season,

McLeish would be an influence but what you had there was a group of players who actually gave a f***.

Last seasons Hide and Seek World Champions just didn't have what it takes to play for Hibs. (copyright M. Weir)

Yuillsy
09-06-2014, 03:04 PM

Harpers volley against them on New Years day. They thought they were going to walk it as we had just been hammered 7-0 at Ibrox.
O'Neill and Harper shut them right up that day!!!!

Stevie Reid
09-06-2014, 03:04 PM
McLeish would be an influence but what you had there was a group of players who actually gave a f***.

Last seasons Hide and Seek World Champions just didn't have what it takes to play for Hibs. (copyright M. Weir)

Was a massive influence. That team had lost 15 of its last 20 league games before his arrival, only lost 3 of our last 10 games after his arrival - too many draws killed us.

Anyway, digressing from what is a positive thread, my apologies.

The Harp
09-06-2014, 03:09 PM

Yep! Ralph Callachan's goal in a 5-2 win against Dundee in August '79. Never seen a better goal, before or since - unfortunately, no cameras there to capture it for posterity.
Not a good season for either club - we were both relegated.

lugz
09-06-2014, 03:12 PM
The 6th from Latapy, a truly special goal to complete a special night.

emerald green
09-06-2014, 03:12 PM
Basher's goal was decent as well! What a difference though, this was a Hibs team staring relegation in the face, going up against the best Hearts team in a long time, who were chasing a title - look what McLeish instilled in this team, compared to Butcher's failures last season, against the worst Hearts team in living memory, already relegated.

Anyway...a great day from a very bad season: -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqHKrZbcpf8

:agree: Thanks for posting that mate. Great to see both Hibs goals again, and the look on Jumbo Jim's face at the end.

weonlywon6-2
09-06-2014, 03:14 PM
One of my favourites was Eddie May's headed winner in the 4-3 win over Celtic in the SC in 1986. Cross from Harris I think it was and May's diving header won the match in the last minute. What a match that was!

Some of the best celebrations i have ever seen for a goal supporting hibs,and probably one of the best games ive ever seen

ekhibee
09-06-2014, 03:19 PM

Yeh, totally agree, that was a brilliant individual goal. It should also be pointed out that he was fouled at least 3 times and still tucked it away.

Two Halves
09-06-2014, 03:21 PM
Agree with a fair few so far that Russell's to make it six was a belter!

Dont know why but i always remember the goal Riordan scored against Dundee about 10 years ago that was cut off, for offside i think, that would have put us 5-1 up, as it turned out we ended up drawing that one 4 all! It was a cracker of a volley from the left hand side of the box that went into the right corner!

sambajustice
09-06-2014, 03:23 PM
Charnley up the hill

Goram was another one that was a bit ridiculous

hibbysam
09-06-2014, 03:44 PM
Paul Hanlon vs Dunfermline

hibbybrian
09-06-2014, 03:51 PM

Dunno if both goals were headers but one certainly was and the other was scored from a similar position, as you say edge of the box.

Both headers 12746

Yep! Ralph Callachan's goal in a 5-2 win against Dundee in August '79. Never seen a better goal, before or since - unfortunately, no cameras there to capture it for posterity.

Thecat23
09-06-2014, 03:51 PM
Yeh, totally agree, that was a brilliant individual goal. It should also be pointed out that he was fouled at least 3 times and still tucked it away.

They tried to boot him but he just stayed on his feet and stuck it in the back of the net. Fair play to the ref by the way as I'd imagine it would be pulled back these days.

ekhibee
09-06-2014, 04:01 PM
They tried to boot him but he just stayed on his feet and stuck it in the back of the net. Fair play to the ref by the way as I'd imagine it would be pulled back these days.
The thing is cat, that's the kind of goal I could watch on youtube over and over again but can't seem to find it anywhere.

ekhibee
09-06-2014, 04:04 PM
Harpers volley against them on New Years day. They thought they were going to walk it as we had just been hammered 7-0 at Ibrox.
O'Neill and Harper shut them right up that day!!!!
Yeh, I remember that one as well, great goal. Wasn't that the game that Rousset went chasing after Harper cos of a late tackle?

Thecat23
09-06-2014, 04:06 PM
The thing is cat, that's the kind of goal I could watch on youtube over and over again but can't seem to find it anywhere.

It's posted couple of posts into this thread mate. About a min into the top 5 SPL goals.

ekhibee
09-06-2014, 04:13 PM
2 gems from Zitelli...

http://youtu.be/y_yGw6g0Y-s

http://youtu.be/Hz2FkQlAkdk

timewilltell
09-06-2014, 04:15 PM

Great goal, my first European match at Easter Road, what a night, overturning a 4-1 first leg defeat and winning 5-0, never forget it..

Yuillsy
09-06-2014, 04:16 PM
Yeh, I remember that one as well, great goal. Wasn't that the game that Rousset went chasing after Harper cos of a late tackle?

Aye I think that was the 1. I'm pretty sure it's the game where Bruno should've been sent off after a blatant boot on Keith Wright.

Tom Hart RIP
09-06-2014, 04:20 PM
It was reported in the press that Bobby skelped it in from 25 yards but, unless my memory is playing tricks with the passing of time, I thought it was just inside their half! The mighty Baker Boy scored a few crackers as well but that first goal against Napoli and Zoff will live with me for ever.

Thanks for that. In my memory Bobby hit the ball from not far in front of the dug out. I thought at least 40 yards

mim
09-06-2014, 04:28 PM
Agree on all counts. Certainly more like 35 yards than 25. What a goal, what a result, what an occasion.

Norrieg
09-06-2014, 04:56 PM

Agree !! One of the best games seen at E.R.

HibsMax
09-06-2014, 04:56 PM
:thumbsup:

erin go bragh
09-06-2014, 05:12 PM
Agree with a fair few so far that Russell's to make it six was a belter!

Dont know why but i always remember the goal Riordan scored against Dundee about 10 years ago that was cut off, for offside i think, that would have put us 5-1 up, as it turned out we ended up drawing that one 4 all! It was a cracker of a volley from the left hand side of the box that went into the right corner!
That goal was a cracker mate . My laddie was at the toilet and missed it . Remember telling him it was one of the best goals ive seen ( dont think it was offside either ) am sure the great Gordon Smith had just passed away . So it was fitting there were plenty goals scored .just a pity we didnt win .

Ggtth

Crops73
09-06-2014, 05:22 PM

That's my one also.

Perhaps I am a wee bit biased though as I worked alongside Mr Duncan in 2006!

A few of Latapys' efforts stand out in my mind too. :not worth

Thief
09-06-2014, 05:23 PM

Superb goal from Ralph. Always remember after the initial celebrations that it developed into a standing ovation from both sets of supporters :-)
Still my favourite Hibs goal.

Crops73
09-06-2014, 05:27 PM
That's my one also.

Perhaps I am a wee bit biased though as I worked alongside Mr Duncan in 2006!

A few of Latapys' efforts stand out in my mind too. :not worth

Ooops! sorry, just realised that the original poster meant goals that you had seen live.

Even I'm not that old!

MoscowHibs
09-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Le God exocet v Falkirk, never seen a ball getting skelped that quick

Drem
09-06-2014, 05:38 PM
2 actually spring to mind.
Ralph callaghan v Dundee, Nineteen something or other and George Best v celtic.

Ken
09-06-2014, 06:11 PM
Probably not the best I've seen but a decent 1 and 2 touch move with a great finish from Sparky (v Dundee Utd at ER) http://youtu.be/CaHC-GBDqfw

Mr White
09-06-2014, 06:17 PM
Probably not the best I've seen but a decent 1 and 2 touch move with a great finish from Sparky (v Dundee Utd at ER) http://youtu.be/CaHC-GBDqfw

:thumbsup: that was my son's first game so the first hibs goal he witnessed. The 2nd from Doyle was a beauty too!

TornadoHibby
09-06-2014, 06:18 PM
Third goal on this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgJNtspn-ys

Maybe not the very best, but class just for the "did that just happen?" moment...

Edit: Oops, didn't click that it was supposed to be at ER. Oh well.....

Alen Orman, how is he these days I wonder? :dunno:

Lago
09-06-2014, 06:18 PM

I think there is mention in one of the Hibs books about this game, Turnbull told Stanton to take up a Centre forward position any time he could as Rangers' (remember them!!?!!) defenders would be marking up Harper.

All over them that day.

As you say all over them. What a game absolutely murdered them.

hibsbollah
09-06-2014, 06:20 PM
One minute in...

Thats Mine too. Just an unbelievable goal. I was aghast when Agathe left :boo hoo:

Lago
09-06-2014, 06:29 PM

12748[/QUOTE]
2 head goals by Pat. Thanks for confirmation as time past I became less certain mainly because people I spoke to would always say are you sure.

Disshibee
09-06-2014, 09:29 PM
Thanks for that. In my memory Bobby hit the ball from not far in front of the dug out. I thought at least 40 yards

Definitely my recollection, glad someone else agrees it was about forty yards out!

3pm
09-06-2014, 10:54 PM
Riordan v the filth. And again when we drew 2-2.

oramhibee
10-06-2014, 07:03 AM
Hard to pick a best, there is Riordan in the 2-2 game against Hearts, there is Mikey Stewart in the cup on the volley(think it was Aberdeen we were playing...cant quite remember)

But the pick of the best is Latapy against Hearts. The play was outstanding and the finish itself was sublime.

It was Aberdeen mate- we drew 2-2 with them up there then beat them 4-1 in the replay at Easter Road

Waxy
10-06-2014, 08:25 AM
Kanos goal v the yams in a 2-1 win in 1987. More for the bedlam inside Easter road all through and at ft. Incredible.

Auckland Hibs
10-06-2014, 08:48 AM
St.Mirren at ER back in the late 90's - 1-3 down at ht and we won 4-3.

St.Mirren scored a complete peach - IIRC it must have been around 35 yards out, still the best goal I've seen in the flesh.

Stevie Reid
10-06-2014, 08:50 AM
Thats Mine too. Just an unbelievable goal. I was aghast when Agathe left :boo hoo:

Didier greet?

sambajustice
10-06-2014, 09:09 AM
Barry Prenderville scored a raker if my memory serves! :cb

Mr White
10-06-2014, 09:09 AM

St.Mirren scored a complete peach - IIRC it must have been around 35 yards out, still the best goal I've seen in the flesh.

Brian martin :agree:
It was very similar to the winner scored by colin o'neill in the Scottish cup semi final for motherwell v celtic the same season, 90-91

Auckland Hibs
10-06-2014, 09:25 AM
Brian martin :agree:
It was very similar to the winner scored by colin o'neill in the Scottish cup semi final for motherwell v celtic the same season, 90-91

Cheers - memory isn't what it used to be so couldn't remember who the player was.

Bill Milne
10-06-2014, 09:28 AM
Joe McBride Snr's 1st goal against the Tims in 1970. Also the first time I had seen us beat them at ER.

Jim_in_Canada
10-06-2014, 11:08 AM
Ooops! sorry, just realised that the original poster meant goals that you had seen live.

Even I'm not that old!

I am !!!

Possibly the best goal and the best game I've ever seen.

southern hibby
10-06-2014, 12:15 PM

I too remember that goal, however ( for me ) Gordon Hunters volley from a corner was a peach, caught it as sweet as you like and had goal written all over it. Remember saying after the game, well that's the saints manager sacked as a joke, low and behold he was.

However Deek's goal against them was outstanding. As for picking one against all others I can't. As a football fan I thought Gazza's goal against us was excellent, as a Hibs Fan, I thought Gazza's goal was a fluke lol. But I've been blessed to say I've seen some peaches. GGTTH

TheReg!
10-06-2014, 12:28 PM
Not the best goal, but for pure satisfaction Lewis Stvenson's goal last season at ER was up there for me.

1959 Hibby
10-06-2014, 12:31 PM
For me, two from the season we were relegated in 1980: George Best v Celtic (mentioned by others already) and Ralph Callachan v Dundee - waltzed his way through their entire defence (once again down the slope)

TheReg!
10-06-2014, 12:31 PM

Early 90s mate, but what I do remember about that was the terracing seemed rammed as it was raining heavy and everyone crammed under the roof, mental when the 3rd and 4th went in.