PDA

View Full Version : The future of football...? A futurologists view...

Viva_Palmeiras
09-06-2014, 07:51 AM
http://changethegame.htc.com/pdf/future_of_football.pdf

I actually heard this guy speak as part of a project I was involved with at BT. Interesting perspectives and he's not been too far out with some of his predictions. Although his other ones 10k buildings? Seems a little outlandish at the moment (but think London and where does it go from here in the future?)

As as for the camera fly that's just asking I be swatted ;)

Future17
09-06-2014, 08:40 AM
Only 46 years until I can remotely inhabit an android player! :greengrin

jacomo
09-06-2014, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the link.

So, only 50 years or so until football becomes 11 androids vs 11 androids, with all players controlled by complex football algorithms and vast real time data from sensors all over the playing field. Each individual android would be physically and technically perfect, would always execute the team strategy flawlessly and would never make a mistake.

I predict a draw.

nribs
09-06-2014, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the link.

So, only 50 years or so until football becomes 11 androids vs 11 androids, with all players controlled by complex football algorithms and vast real time data from sensors all over the playing field. Each individual android would be physically and technically perfect, would always execute the team strategy flawlessly and would never make a mistake.

I predict a draw.
Only 2 androids per starting 11 :)

FRes Hibbie
09-06-2014, 09:41 AM
Pretty sure Hibs will be leading the way with the technological advancements as per. Death-rays will be in place by 2015, followed by poor players being mutually terminated.

Gettin' Auld
09-06-2014, 03:30 PM
Only 2 androids per starting 11 :)
Stick one in goals and have the other as a striker = Result. :)

jonty
09-06-2014, 03:34 PM
So when are they sorting out the bloody offside rule :greengrin

Wilson
09-06-2014, 04:33 PM
So when are they sorting out the bloody offside rule :greengrin

Does not compute - for the femme-bots at least.

Eyrie
09-06-2014, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the link.

I predict a draw.
:agree:

The perfect game would have to finish nil-nil, because for the keepers to have a perfect game they would have to keep clean sheets.

Although for the strikers to have perfect games they would have to convert every chance.

But for the defenders to have a perfect game then there wouldn't be any chances created.

In which case the midfielders can't have had a perfect game.

:confused: I now have a headache.

Mon Dieu4
09-06-2014, 07:25 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy1rumvo9xc

Bit uncanny, just saw this then read that article

Viva_Palmeiras
09-06-2014, 09:16 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy1rumvo9xc

Bit uncanny, just saw this then read that article

Nice!