PDA

View Full Version : NHC Tartan Army 'Self-Policing'

beensaidbefore
09-06-2014, 02:37 AM
Was discussing this tonight, and hedged my bets that there would be very few TA arrested for violent offences when travelling. Drunk and disorderly may be another thing altogether, however I voiced the opinion that the 'self-policing' by the TA avoids violent confrontation when abroad.

Does anybody know where there are stats to help prove or disprove this theory?

Thanks in advance:greengrin

Deansy
09-06-2014, 04:09 AM
Was discussing this tonight, and hedged my bets that there would be very few TA arrested for violent offences when travelling. Drunk and disorderly may be another thing altogether, however I voiced the opinion that the 'self-policing' by the TA avoids violent confrontation when abroad.

Does anybody know where there are stats to help prove or disprove this theory?

Thanks in advance:greengrin

You could maybe post to the 'Tartan Army Message Board' to see if anyone can help you out with stats, if such a thing exists. I know we've been awarded 'Best Fans' (or something similar ??) for behaviour, support etc, at least once.

http://taboard.com/index.php/index.html

Definitely was 'Self-policing' when I used to go on the trips (70's/80's/90's - sadly not capable anymore). Last one was the WC in Italy 1990 and I got the 'Duty' was to constantly go up and down the length of the train, taking us from France to Italy, and collecting everyone's empty cans/bottles. Just making sure there was no mess when we'd got off the train. Never-ending but it was great - just laughing, singing, jokes, tales from previous trips etc.

Keith_M
09-06-2014, 07:42 AM
Definitely was 'Self-policing' when I used to go on the trips (70's/80's/90's - sadly not capable anymore).

Hmmm, the 70s and 80s really weren't good examples of excellent behaviour by travelling Scotland fans.

Londoners still have nightmares....

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-06-2014, 08:28 AM
The only "trouble" I've been even slightly caught up in was in Kiev, although the blame can be 100% allocated to the local nut jobs for that. It was still a brilliant trip though.

The Pointer
09-06-2014, 11:10 PM
The only "trouble" I've been even slightly caught up in was in Kiev, although the blame can be 100% allocated to the local nut jobs for that. It was still a brilliant trip though.

Enjoyed Kiev immensely and met some interesting people (including (allegedly) Zinidine Zidane's property manager!), so it was sad to see when it kicked off.

I rented an apartment for a week cause it was cheaper than a hotel. Felt a bit out of place having a full head of hair and no black leather jacket which bizarrely led to me being unable to gain entrance to Klitchko's night club; i.e. for not wearing said item of clothing. However, Plan B came into action and I made do with another, more agreeably mental place downstairs.

On the night of the game we'd done our bevvying elsewhere but when we got near the stadium there was broken glass all over the place. I asked a TA guy what had happened and he said the local neds had repeated the previous night's aggro but they'd decided enough was enough and chased them.