PDA

View Full Version : Changing Views

down-the-slope
08-06-2014, 09:11 AM
Its been such a long couple of weeks with things changing daily and information of various types about all things Hibs coming thick and fast.

At the end of a week with the 'Petrie Out' protest - which was well supported and even more importantly it was done in a way that encompassed the values we would want in our club. We have also had LD's first interview and subsequent meeting with Working Together (and Pretty Boys comprehensive notes :aok:)

So as things stand are you more or less likely to support the new structure or have your views not changed?

Pretty Boy
08-06-2014, 09:26 AM
Still want RP to go, that would bring a real sense of unity imo.

However I have my ST for next season and I'll make all my usual other cobtribution as well. I believe it's possible to keep the pressure on without harming the club financially. I accept others will disagree.

Michael
08-06-2014, 09:35 AM
RP should go. Where can he go from here? If Dempster succeeds then she gets all the plaudits and RP will still be just as unpopular. If Dempster fails then people will say that it was RP's appointment and that his presence at ER is detrimental.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-06-2014, 09:39 AM
Can't not do Hibs on a Saturday. Doesn't make me an uber-fan. The risk is that the support that I will give to club maybe hi-jacked by others because essentially, the criteria that LD and RP will take as an endorsement of their position will be turnstile clicks.
Even if we were to win the league next season and get gates of 12 or 13k a week, I would still want him gone.

NAE NOOKIE
08-06-2014, 09:41 AM

However I have my ST for next season and I'll make all my usual other cobtribution as well. I believe it's possible to keep the pressure on without harming the club financially. I accept others will disagree.

No disagreement from me PB, this is the way to go. I want Petrie to resign from the board for the good of the club and its relationship with the fans. As I type its 6 each between those who think LD has full autonomy and those who think RP will stick his oar in. No matter who is right it shows a division which wont be there if Perie goes.

Thanks for the notes.

bighairyfaeleith
08-06-2014, 10:08 AM
I will back hibs, I reckon Petrie will stand down at the agm anyway, now is when the club needs us most and I won't back a course of action that damages our rebuilding for one if the biggest seasons in our history.

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-06-2014, 10:14 AM
Think you missed an important question.

Will you go back and support the club when Tom Farmer sells up and takes Petrie with him.

He's going nowhere until this happens. Period.

lord bunberry
08-06-2014, 11:59 AM

That's it for me also, I was going to see hibs long before Petrie and Butcher were at the club, I will continue long after they've gone.

stantonhibby
08-06-2014, 12:25 PM
My position hasn't changed.
I support Hibs, I'll be there next season.

In a nutshell.

DH1875
08-06-2014, 12:31 PM
I'm at the other stage. Honestly don't know where I am at with everything. It's not so black and white to me and doesnt just revolve around the one issue. It's not just about Rod staying or going. Its about the team on the park, the football that that team play, who the manager of that team is and how much is gonna cost me to watch it.

hihohibby
08-06-2014, 03:50 PM
I'm at the other stage. Honestly don't know where I am at with everything. It's not so black and white to me and doesnt just revolve around the one issue. It's not just about Rod staying or going. Its about the team on the park, the football that that team play, who the manager of that team is and how much is gonna cost me to watch it.

:agree:

weonlywon6-2
08-06-2014, 03:56 PM
Its been such a long couple of weeks with things changing daily and information of various types about all things Hibs coming thick and fast.

At the end of a week with the 'Petrie Out' protest - which was well supported and even more importantly it was done in a way that encompassed the values we would want in our club. We have also had LD's first interview and subsequent meeting with Working Together (and Pretty Boys comprehensive notes :aok:)

So as things stand are you more or less likely to support the new structure or have your views not changed?

Yes i have a bit of belief now that LD has come in and said a lot of.positive things.
Not convinced we will compete with rangers for the league as we have been beside them for many years so why should we all of a sudden compete now even though they dont spend as much they will still attract and be able to afford better players than us.
This year is about beating hearts to second,i just hope we get the players in and a decent manager as i dont think butcher will succeed

Keith_M
08-06-2014, 04:34 PM
I've only had the opportunity to read what Ms Dempster has said so far, couldn't watch the video.

She has said all the kind of things I wanted to hear, e.g.this is a football club not a corporate entity. Se has also said she feels she has full autonomy in the running of the club. I hope I don't seem unkind, as it's not a criticism of her, but I'll wait to see what she achieves before deciding either way.

Words come really easily to some people but, as they say, actions speak louder.

greenlex
08-06-2014, 04:36 PM

Very much this.

Keith_M
08-06-2014, 04:41 PM
This year is about beating hearts to second,i just hope we get the players in and a decent manager as i dont think butcher will succeed

Don't take this the wrong way (it's most people's opinion after all), but I really don't want to hear anyone at Hibs say that.

Dempster has said that the aim is to be promoted by winning the league, not hoping for a Play-Off spot. That's the kind of talk I want to hear and I hope she instills that attitude in everyone at Easter Road. For too long now we've been setting our sights low. We need to aim for the highest possible place. Even if we don't get there in the end, we'll be more successful with higher aims than being content with runners up or just getting by.

Anyway, I think there is the chance of over estimating The Rangers chances this year. I've watched a few of their games on TV and they really are no great shakes. They also have the handicap of having McCoist in charge. We have the opportunity to build a team from scratch and I see no reason why, with the right manager in place, we can't be seriously challenging for the league.

chewit
08-06-2014, 06:19 PM
I've went for "other", I still want shot of RP, his continued presence at ER means a lot of people won't move on, I'll still support the club financially, already got my ST for next year, call me the eternal optimist but I think LD might just have the balls to do what's needed at the club.

Greenworld
08-06-2014, 06:20 PM
Don't take this the wrong way (it's most people's opinion after all), but I really don't want to hear anyone at Hibs say that.

Dempster has said that the aim is to be promoted by winning the league, not hoping for a Play-Off spot. That's the kind of talk I want to hear and I hope she instills that attitude in everyone at Easter Road. For too long now we've been setting our sights low. We need to aim for the highest possible place. Even if we don't get there in the end, we'll be more successful with higher aims than being content with runners up or just getting by.

Anyway, I think there is the chance of over estimating The Rangers chances this year. I've watched a few of their games on TV and they really are no great shakes. They also have the handicap of having McCoist in charge. We have the opportunity to build a team from scratch and I see no reason why, with the right manager in place, we can't be seriously challenging for the league.

With you on this the club have my full support and
I believe LD Is the person to make the changes required.. So I will back the club financially withAll I can an promotion is the goal winning the league.
I don't care about hearts or rangers or Selkirk only hibs.
Onwards and upwards

Greenworld
08-06-2014, 06:22 PM
I believe LD Is the person to make the changes required.. So I will back the club financially withAll I can an promotion is the goal winning the league.
Onwards and upwards

Falkirk .....Bloody machines and their correction modes

Turkish Green
08-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Due to my current location I would not be buying a ST anyway but I will not be investing in any more merchandising until....

PETRIE OOT

johnrebus
08-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Onwards and upwards

Petrie is still there. All the talking in the world does not change anything for me.

Will be at every away game I can next season, but will not be back at ER till he has gone.

And neither will thousands of others.

emerald green
08-06-2014, 06:36 PM
I want Rod Petrie to leave Hibs now, but I can't get past the fact that he will remain as long as he has STF's backing. As far as I'm aware, he still does.

I think all Hibs supporters, whatever their differences (and there are many) should try to put these aside now and give the new CEO our full support. I know RP is a divisive figure amongst the support as long as he remains, but the number one priority, for now, is to get the club promoted next season. RP can wait until later. Who knows, he may do the decent thing himself and leave?

I already renewed my season ticket in March when the nightmare of relegation just wasn't on my radar, garbage as we were. In fact, I'm still having trouble getting my head round it. Ridiculous and farcical are just some of the ways I've heard it described.

Greenworld
08-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Petrie is still there. All the talking in the world does not change anything for me.

Will be at every away game I can next season, but will not be back at ER till he has gone.

I hear you and cannot disagree with you however you will
Only hurt the club further by doing so....dialogue is the only
Way forward continued pressing for rod to step away but
By not attending and backing hibs at Easter road there is
Only one looser and that is the club...
You want a better and stronger hibs then cash is required
By only attending away games you make our opponents stronger..

Gustavo Fring
08-06-2014, 07:08 PM

this is where im at , i just hope they can get him out soon so it doesnt come to this

greenpaper55
08-06-2014, 07:15 PM
I am inclined to believe LD has full control, if not she is the best liar i have ever seen. What she has said has been a breath of fresh air after years of absolute drivel from Hibs, this week could endear her to the majority of Hibs fans by getting rid of that clown of a manager,a big week ahead.

Eyrie
08-06-2014, 10:05 PM

I seriously doubt that "thousands" will boycott Easter Road purely because of Petrie and then miraculously reappear if he quits. The number is more likely to be dozens, with most of those who stay away doing so in disgust at relegation or Butcher's playing style.

Sir David Gray
08-06-2014, 10:16 PM
I'm a Hibs fan, not a Rod Petrie fan or a Leeann Dempster fan.

If Hibs are playing and I'm not working, I'll be at the match.

down-the-slope
09-06-2014, 06:04 PM
while views differ an overwhelming almost 90% are saying they will support their club financially - if that is borne out in the wider fan base then 7500 season ticket holders would be the outcome.....and a decent team should be able to be assembled

Saorsa
09-06-2014, 07:02 PM
while views differ an overwhelming almost 90% are saying they will support their club financially - if that is borne out in the wider fan base then 7500 season ticket holders would be the outcome.....and a decent team should be able to be assembledReally? Or is that just an assumption on your part? Does supporting the club financially automatically translate in tae only folk who buy ST's? People who PATG dinnae support the club financially for instance? Some of the people who voted could be PATG supporters, no? I'm in neither category just wondering where you get that figure from on ST numbers.