PDA

View Full Version : Fractured Support

Reaper
08-06-2014, 08:02 AM
Ive read the comments on the back of yesterday and the notes from the meeting from LD. I noted one of the points raised is that the relationship between the fans and the club is fractured and needs to be addressed, however the support is fractured so until this is addressed a solid relationship between fans and clubs cannot be achieved surely? A common statement seems to be that people present yesterday represent 'the majority of fans'. Where is the evidence of that? I'll be honest Ive not heard of half these fans groups or how to become part of them. Is there any mileage in setting up a central fans group to ensure the 'Majority of fans' are represented? Any thoughts?

Viva_Palmeiras
08-06-2014, 08:30 AM
I'm not being funny but did you not catch any thread on let's work together since August 2012?
I'm not saying there aren't areas which can be improved but IMO I'd see the way forward through this forum which has sought to be as inclusive as it can meetings have been open. It is all part of the journey and evolving but a number of initiatives have proved fruitful lotto, leith links and although still a work in progress Winning the Hibernian Way was proposed to the board and perhaps through Leeann we can get some traction there.

What did you have in mind?

Waxy
08-06-2014, 08:37 AM
Fractured support? Bit overdramatic. As far as i can see we've never been more united. We may have different ideas but the common goal is we all want Hibs to reach our potential and more.
The fans have been fantastic.

jacomo
08-06-2014, 08:43 AM
What do you want? Stand up and be counted, or don't. There are loads of ways to make your voice heard - either individually or as part of a group.

I think the support is holding together ok - a few rows on here obviously but nothing unexpected.

Pretty Boy
08-06-2014, 08:48 AM
I think what was meant by covering a 'majority of fans' was that there was a representative there who would be aware of the feelings of most of the fans.

Off the top of my head yesterday there werr reps there from:

Several supporters branches affiliated to the HSA including but not limited to Carlton brach, St Pats, Emerald and Orkney Hibs.

Supporters branches not affiliated to the HSA (Four in Hand HSC and others)

Members of the committee at the HSA.

Franksuzy from Leith Links and WT.

2 reps from the bounce.

Myself from .net, Mattyf was also there as he works with WT.

Reps from the Erin Trust.

Reps from the Hibernians.

Reps from the Hibernian Historical Trust.

A rep from the disabled Hibernian supporters association.

Reps from the club.

Several people who have been involved with WT for a couple of years, remember anyone can go along to meetings and help out with WT.

I'm sure I have missed a couple and apologies if so but I think that's a pretty decent representation of the feelings and frustrations of Hibs fans. Unfortunately to keep these things manageable it can't just be a free for all.

Reaper
08-06-2014, 08:53 AM
Thanks PB. I wasnt questioning the validity just interested to see who was represented. In terms of other posters, thanks for taking the time to reply. What I was suggesting was a centralised system that can incorporate all these groups, who remain with their individual identity, so polls/opinions etc can be done online and all results, facts and figures can be published and evidenced so we know who's singing from what hymn sheet?

Viva_Palmeiras
08-06-2014, 09:47 AM
Thanks PB. I wasnt questioning the validity just interested to see who was represented. In terms of other posters, thanks for taking the time to reply. What I was suggesting was a centralised system that can incorporate all these groups, who remain with their individual identity, so polls/opinions etc can be done online and all results, facts and figures can be published and evidenced so we know who's singing from what hymn sheet?

With respect this good news is I think you may just find a decent chunk of what you're looking for is already there. Regarding singing from the same hymn sheet whilst there may be consensus amongst things groups and individuals are of independent mind. Nothing is perfect and volunteers in many cases have their day jobs and family commitments to balance. I've read WT has secured services of a resource (Wendy!) to help out with the admin side of things it is through the likes of Wendy, Pretty Boy and others that do the often thankless task of writing up in full that brings real benefit in helping with the communication although I would have to say Gogs and others do an excellent job too.

So I'd like to register my thanks for the unsung admin heroes!

RIP
08-06-2014, 11:45 AM

To be fair to you bud things have moved up a couple of gears in Working Together in recent months. Good organisers like FranckSuzy, PatHead, Jack and Wendy are adding a lot of management experience to make sure things are better organised than they were in Year 1 of LWT.

HSA council members now attend as do the Former Players Association. Historical Trust, Hibs.Net and Bounce. This adds to branch delegates, Leith Links, Dniprokids, the Hibernians, Erin Trust, Disabled Supporters Association and a host of WT volunteers and team leads.

Management, Hibs staff, Board Members all attend with coaches and players hopefully joining soon.

As has been said before Working Together is an umbrella group, a collective framework to give supporters a forum to get involved in the running of our club. The WT big issues team under DownTheSlope have great experience of running surveys and six of them will be representing HFC WT at the Supporters Direct Conference in Stirling next Sunday

Supporter activism in partnership with an effective management team will give us a strong foundation for success. The PetrieOut campaign is further confirmation of a unified support at our club.

GGTTH