PDA

View Full Version : Just read Pretty Boy's notes from meeting with Leeann Dempster

TheFamous1875
08-06-2014, 01:59 AM
And I ask my fellow posters this at this time: what would bring more fans into Easter Road - Rod Petrie leaving Hibernian's board, or Hibernian having a successful football team on the pitch?

The general zeitgeist permeates that Petrie must go, and that is the conclusion I myself have been brought to for his handling of our football club for the last 7/8/9 years.

After reading Pretty Boy's notes from the meeting today, that Dempster has full autonomy, that our resources will be used much more considerately re players than they have been, that fan-club relations WILL be improved on tenfold, that the youth academy and recruitment of young players will be overhauled with a focus on quality rather than quantity, and that Hibernian football club WILL become a focal point of the local community and the wider area of the country, I am very heartened and eager to see the beginnings of HUGE changes to our club's structure and it's identity.

With the current consensus regarding Petrie in mind, one of which I also felt in agreement with, I ask now that if these changes do come to fruition, that we have a winning team on the park and a more engaged fan base and our standing in the community realised, will we really not see some people back if Petrie's still here? Will it really matter to us if he still has shares in our club/a seat on the board? As Dempster said, he only has as much as a say as any board member and she now calls the shots. If all goes to plan, will the man who hired the woman to bring these changes really still be held in such distain that we will not renew season tickets?

I think that if we show patience, unity and support to this new regime (as it is claiming to be) we will remember that Rod Petrie is not more important than Hibernian Football Club, and we will see success on the park and off it, and we WILL remind Leith, Edinburgh and Scotland just what Hibernian Football Club is all about. It's not about scapegoats, or pantomime villains, it's about unity, community, class and style. On and off the field.

GGTTH.

TheFamous1875
08-06-2014, 02:05 AM
(Also, I'd just like to apologise to Leeann as she is now reading the forums for spelling her name incorrectly in the title. "It's 3am" is my excuse. If any admins can tell me how to edit it/correct it for me, that'd be great!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TheFamous1875
08-06-2014, 02:19 AM
Edit

Onion
08-06-2014, 04:30 AM
And I ask my fellow posters this at this time: what would bring more fans into Easter Road - Rod Petrie leaving Hibernian's board, or Hibernian having a successful football team on the pitch?

The general zeitgeist permeates that Petrie must go, and that is the conclusion I myself have been brought to for his handling of our football club for the last 7/8/9 years.

After reading Pretty Boy's notes from the meeting today, that Dempster has full autonomy, that our resources will be used much more considerately re players than they have been, that fan-club relations WILL be improved on tenfold, that the youth academy and recruitment of young players will be overhauled with a focus on quality rather than quantity, and that Hibernian football club WILL become a focal point of the local community and the wider area of the country, I am very heartened and eager to see the beginnings of HUGE changes to our club's structure and it's identity.

With the current consensus regarding Petrie in mind, one of which I also felt in agreement with, I ask now that if these changes do come to fruition, that we have a winning team on the park and a more engaged fan base and our standing in the community realised, will we really not see some people back if Petrie's still here? Will it really matter to us if he still has shares in our club/a seat on the board? As Dempster said, he only has as much as a say as any board member and she now calls the shots. If all goes to plan, will the man who hired the woman to bring these changes really still be held in such distain that we will not renew season tickets?

I think that if we show patience, unity and support to this new regime (as it is claiming to be) we will remember that Rod Petrie is not more important than Hibernian Football Club, and we will see success on the park and off it, and we WILL remind Leith, Edinburgh and Scotland just what Hibernian Football Club is all about. It's not about scapegoats, or pantomime villains, it's about unity, community, class and style. On and off the field.

GGTTH.

If all these improvements are needed, it means the current Board have failed. Plain and simple. Of course a winning team is more important than getting Petrie out, but as long as he is at the club there will be a shadow overhanging the relationship between club and fans. IMO his presence is toxic and he will become a hate figure at the club. Every poor decision, missed signing, Board cock up will be blamed on him. If this was a plc or normal company, Petrie would be gone. So why is he being allowed to hang around Hibs?

It also sends a message to everyone (players, management, media, fans and other clubs) that failure is ok at Hibs. That culture needs to change.

SkintHibby
08-06-2014, 06:21 AM
Months ago when Petrie realised he was in the last chance saloon he played his trump card by hiring a puppet to deflect attention away from him.

Those of you on here saying we should give Leanne Dempster a chance have fallen for this nonsense.

You can fool some people some of the time but not all people all of the time.

spike220
08-06-2014, 06:25 AM
Months ago when Petrie realised he was in the last chance saloon he played his trump card by hiring a puppet to deflect attention away from him.

Those of you on here saying we should give Leanne Dempster a chance have fallen for this nonsense.

I am in the market for some cup cakes can you help me?

fat freddy
08-06-2014, 06:27 AM

Are you the guy that walked out of the meeting yesterday?

down-the-slope
08-06-2014, 06:56 AM
Great OP and I think when considered many will find that a position that they can accept.

I long for a time when all the things about our club that are forefront of discussion blend into the background and we get back to watching / talking football and being a positive influece in the community

Mr White
08-06-2014, 07:19 AM

If that were true he should have hired a more compliant "puppet". She's no fool.

SkintHibby
08-06-2014, 07:23 AM
If that were true he should have hired a more compliant "puppet". She's no fool.

I give up.

Peevemor
08-06-2014, 07:28 AM
I give up.

Excellent!

Weir7
08-06-2014, 07:30 AM

How do you know this?

weonlywon6-2
08-06-2014, 07:35 AM

You need to take the blinkers of,LD is her own person and this is a obvious as the nose on your face.Change is happening,go with it

Forza Fred
08-06-2014, 07:36 AM
No disrespect to Leeann, but her reign will only be seen as being completely autonomous,if Rod goes

Perception will always triumph over reality, so even for her sake, Petrie needs to go

Peevemor
08-06-2014, 07:46 AM
How do you know this?

Did you listen to the interview with Grant Stott? Have you read the notes from yesterday's meeting? Do you understand what she said (you should manage - I don't remember her using any especially big words)?

If so, what is it you don't understand about what she said?

Mr White
08-06-2014, 07:50 AM
How do you know this?

It's my opinion based on what I've read and seen of her. If skinthibby's theory was correct it would have made more sense for petrie to have selected a weaker personality to be his "puppet". Someone like David Southern.

Mr White
08-06-2014, 07:52 AM
I give up.

You've no staying power. Quitter.

jacomo
08-06-2014, 07:54 AM
If all these improvements are needed, it means the current Board have failed. Plain and simple. Of course a winning team is more important than getting Petrie out, but as long as he is at the club there will be a shadow overhanging the relationship between club and fans. IMO his presence is toxic and he will become a hate figure at the club. Every poor decision, missed signing, Board cock up will be blamed on him. If this was a plc or normal company, Petrie would be gone. So why is he being allowed to hang around Hibs?

It also sends a message to everyone (players, management, media, fans and other clubs) that failure is ok at Hibs. That culture needs to change.

:agree:

LD has acknowledged that Hibs have not been getting it right in many areas - separation between EM and ER, poor comms, match day experience, lack of clear plan linking all our football teams etc. Of course, this culminated with relegation.

This company has not been well run. What's wrong with the Board taking responsibility?

Paisley Hibby
08-06-2014, 08:03 AM

You make this sound like a bad episode of Batman with Rod as the evil genius. I just wonder who Batman might be?

Hibs07p
08-06-2014, 08:07 AM

GGTTH.

If Petrie remains, I believe we will not fulfill the potential that LD may have, to take the club forward, because too many will believe that RP is still pulling strings. More fans will return, initially, if RP goes. A successful team will always bring back pissed off fans, but the secret for me, is giving LD a blank canvas to create that successful team we all want, by attracting back the pissed off fans immediately, and growing the fan base incrementally by playing the attractive football, some of us were brought up with. I accept the argument that we should all give LD the time to put her stamp on the club, it would be a lot easier if RP was not there, and the maximum of income was available to help her achieve that.

GGTTH

blackpoolhibs
08-06-2014, 08:22 AM
No disrespect to Leeann, but her reign will only be seen as being completely autonomous,if Rod goes

Perception will always triumph over reality, so even for her sake, Petrie needs to go

Thats it in a nutshell for me. I have listened to the new CEO, and i like everything she has said. Yet i just know in my own heart that having Petrie around in the background is souring everything she says.

I just dont believe he can sit quietly in the background, i dont believe he will be able to stop himself poking his nose in where its not needed.

Now i could be completely wrong and i probably am, but i wont be spending another penny in the club until he's gone. The managers tactics and style of play have also scunnered me, but any game i go to in the future will be away games from now on.

And any season ticket i buy will be after both have disappeared into the sunset, thats how divisive they both are to me.

I will always be a fan, but its going to take a lot more to get me back as a supporter.

Pretty Boy
08-06-2014, 08:35 AM

Why not email Leeann or phone here and ask to debate this point with you.

She said she would be happy to meet anyone 1 to 1 to discuss the extent of her power at ER.

Why not take her up on the offer? Bet you don't.

DaveF
08-06-2014, 08:44 AM
PB - The point a few are making, and one I share - is that Petrie's shadow looms large over ER and despite all the positive vibes coming from LD, the fact that she has identified so many issues in one week, tells us all how bad it was before her arrival. One move, which is RP leaving will unite the support instantly. As long as he remains, that unity is a pipe dream and makes her job so much more difficult.

down-the-slope
08-06-2014, 08:52 AM
some of those saying 'not a penny more till he goes' would if he did just move to 'not going back till butchers gone'.....

Those who have taken time to listen to her (something we agreed to do pre meeting) would say if you asked them that a lot of concerns were alleviated and a sense of a really strong focused leader with drive to make change (less than a week and changes are already happening) was seen.

In the Mowbury era was everything rosy in the non-football side of the operation? but no one cared as the 'product' on the park was entertaining (if very ineffective away from home - but thats another debate)

The quickest way to see supporters return is a winning, entertaining team on the pitch - much more so than Rod stepping down as Non Exec Chair.

I want a top quality operation both football and non-football, but the latter is just the scaffolding to make the former work

Pretty Boy
08-06-2014, 08:54 AM
PB - The point a few are making, and one I share - is that Petrie's shadow looms large over ER and despite all the positive vibes coming from LD, the fact that she has identified so many issues in one week, tells us all how bad it was before her arrival. One move, which is RP leaving will unite the support instantly. As long as he remains, that unity is a pipe dream and makes her job so much more difficult.

I don't disagree. I'm still very much of the opinion that RP should go.

However I feel words like 'puppet' are somewhat disrespectful, that suggests LD is aware she is going to be controlled by RP which I just don't see as being the case. Obviously no one can guarantee RP won't try to interfere but if he does and LD walks then he really will have shown himself up for what many perceive him to be once and for all.

DaveF
08-06-2014, 09:04 AM
some of those saying 'not a penny more till he goes' would if he did just move to 'not going back till butchers gone'.....

Those who have taken time to listen to her (something we agreed to do pre meeting) would say if you asked them that a lot of concerns were alleviated and a sense of a really strong focused leader with drive to make change (less than a week and changes are already happening) was seen.

In the Mowbury era was everything rosy in the non-football side of the operation? but no one cared as the 'product' on the park was entertaining (if very ineffective away from home - but thats another debate)

The quickest way to see supporters return is a winning, entertaining team on the pitch - much more so than Rod stepping down as Non Exec Chair.

I want a top quality operation both football and non-football, but the latter is just the scaffolding to make the former work

1st point is nothing more than an assumption on your part. You simply don't know and can't state that as fact.

2nd point isn't really relevant to the current debate either. Mowbray left in 2006, EM wasn't open then (so no disconnect) and it's the decline in the last 7 years which has been subject to a lot of the discussion around Petrie and his handling of the club.

clerriehibs
08-06-2014, 09:08 AM

She said she would be happy to meet anyone 1 to 1 to discuss the extent of her power at ER.

Doesn't matter what she says or how persuasive she sounds, she's diminished in the eyes of most because Petrie is still there.

Why is he still there? As a conduit? Haway and ******. Our new all singing, all dancing, all powerful CEO needs "a conduit" to talk to the board? I can't think of any other company set up that needs such a role between CEO and board.

If she does have direct access, then why is Petrie still there?

Petrie failed as CEO; if he had any decency, he'd walk, taking Butcher et al with him.

By the way, I bet James McDonaugh just loves hearing that the academy needs overhauling to improve us as a football club. It's the only successful part of football operations at ER, and what they actually mean is "cost cutting".

DaveF
08-06-2014, 09:08 AM
I don't disagree. I'm still very much of the opinion that RP should go.

However I feel words like 'puppet' are somewhat disrespectful, that suggests LD is aware she is going to be controlled by RP which I just don't see as being the case. Obviously no one can guarantee RP won't try to interfere but if he does and LD walks then he really will have shown himself up for what many perceive him to be once and for all.

Agree and people using that term let themselves down IMO.

Petrie isn't an idiot - He won't interfere - but the fact he remains that the support will be divided while he stays at the club. A winning team will help take the sting out of that division to an extent but in the situation we are in, we need all the fans (and money that they bring with him) to help get us to where LD aims to go. With RP in situ, hundreds will stay away.

He's the problem and the solution.

SkintHibby
08-06-2014, 09:09 AM
You make this sound like a bad episode of Batman with Rod as the evil genius. I just wonder who Batman might be?

There is no Batman to the rescue. Just years of being in the doldrums controlled by puppet master Petrie.

marinello59
08-06-2014, 09:18 AM
There is no Batman to the rescue. Just years of being in the doldrums controlled by puppet master Petrie.

Not much of a puppet master now then is he? There is no puppet.

SkintHibby
08-06-2014, 09:22 AM
Whilst Petrie remains at Hibs, we will remain in the lower league. Wish some of you could seperate the wheat from the chaff.

Ronniekirk
08-06-2014, 09:25 AM
If Petrie remains, I believe we will not fulfill the potential that LD may have, to take the club forward, because too many will believe that RP is still pulling strings. More fans will return, initially, if RP goes. A successful team will always bring back pissed off fans, but the secret for me, is giving LD a blank canvas to create that successful team we all want, by attracting back the pissed off fans immediately, and growing the fan base incrementally by playing the attractive football, some of us were brought up with. I accept the argument that we should all give LD the time to put her stamp on the club, it would be a lot easier if RP was not there, and the maximum of income was available to help her achieve that.

GGTTH

Let me make it clear I want rod out and the campaign is just starting in my view and as Tom Petty sang I Won't Back Down .
However reading Pretty Boys posts I was impressed by the his minute taking skills and the level of detail ,made me feel I had actually been there so credit to him for that ,
I think Lee Ann came across very well in this and tend to agree that she is very Mutch her own woman and already she has grasped and articulated issues that Rod IMO wasn't able to eg the Disconnect between Academy and first team and need to bring through young players with right attitudes and mentality and skill level and have a feeder club Spartans .Iwas listening to one of the Livingston staff on radio who were saying they have a scout who has been there a while and identifies god talent hence they have sold on lots of young players This year he reckons they have four or five of the best 16 year olds they have had on a long time We need to see who is out thier with a proven record in this are and entice them to Easter road as people like that are key IMO .We took John Park from Dundee United because he had good record there. Lee Ann referred to George Craig coming in and it being no secret Did she say or was she asked if she had been consulted and agreed with that appointment ?
She has persuaded me in that short session that she is a strong character with ambition for the club Rod IMO had lost that ambition and was shoring up his mistakes by using player budget to pay players ,managers assistant managers etc off only to have to keep repeating that cycle as his famous line about I looked into thier eyes and saw a winner ,never materialised and he couldn't accept his poor judgement was taking us to the point we have reached ,Relegation . So her first big test IMO is deciding if Butcher is the right person to bring us back up and work with George Craig and bridge that disconnect .His Handling of Harris suggests he isn't but let's wait and see how Ruthless she will be .The cost of getting that decision wrong will be costly if we don't come straight back up .
So yes I support Lee Ann ,but that doesn't mean I have to accept Rod stays , She needs to convince me that his conduit role is needed going forward It may be for a short while I accept that , but do we really need him smirking at us if things don't go to plan in that first year .Old wounds will resurface and we would be back to square one . yes a winning team playing attractive football would help take our minds off him if he was kept in the background ,but for me I would rather she started with a Blank Canvas .
A. Lot of people just seem to want to airbrush this away so there is immediate unity .But having taken a principled stand we need to push to see if we can accomplish what we set out to do .I wil be giving my unstinting support to the club ,going to games ,funding ticket for Leith Links and if asked right now to buy shares in the club I would ,as long as that money was going to the club and not to buy Rod out .
So in the short term the friction is not harming the club .Season Tickets aren't being bought because the team has been so poor and some people are not convinced Butcher is the right Manager .
Those that say I won't be back till Petrie is away How many supporters I s that ? I have no idea ,so it's hard to quantify if his going would mean instead of having 8 ,000 season tickets sold we had 10,000 .(I am aware we haven't sold a lot so far but don't think this is people saying I am not buying one till rod goes , although there will be those that feel that way )
Lee Ann has her own plans to engage and re engage the support and young people in particular and increase Season Ticket sales like she did at Motherwell so I trust her on that score ?
I may be naive but change never comes around unless people are prepared to rally round the cause .
When Martin Luther King had a Dream ,he articulated the cause and people got behind him and pushed for it We are not stopping Lee Ann doing her job ,it may be a media distraction but it isn't obstructing her pushing ahead with her plans ..
But if Lee Ann articulates why it is so important going forward that Rod stays I will listen as I repeat she doesn't sound like Petries Puppet and studies have shown that Women have more Emotional Intelligence than men and already she appears to be putting that to good use for the benefit of the club

So if you are reading posts Lee Ann am happy to get a reply from you

marinello59
08-06-2014, 09:28 AM
Whilst Petrie remains at Hibs, we will remain in the lower league. Wish some of you could seperate the wheat from the chaff.

Was it 85% of people on here said they wanted Petrie gone.:confused:
You just seem to be trolling rather than making any valid point.

Caversham Green
08-06-2014, 09:29 AM
Great OP, and excellent work from PB on the other thread.

As I understand RP's new role - the 'conduit' - he will be liaising with STF about what goes on in board meetings and passing on STF views to the board. He will have no more or less influence than the other board members - in truth he never did, that's how the collective responsibility of boards of directors works. Someone has to do the liaison and LD has a broken football club to fix, STF knows and trusts Rod and at his age and circumstances he's unlikely to want to change. That means the petrieout argument is with Sir Tom Farmer rather than the club or Petrie himself, and that needs a very different approach.

Like most, but for slightly different reasons, I think Petrie should leave - I'm not going to enter any arguments about the past because it's all about the future now. I believe the campaign should continue, but we shouldn't let it be the defining feature of our support for the club. The concept of withdrawing your support from the club to influence its direction has become self-defeating with the appointment of Leeann Dempster. Loss of revenue means the club will continue to struggle (or at least not be as good as it could be) and the feeling will be 'same old, same old' - she will look much more like a Petrie puppet than if the club starts to flourish. Instead, get along to games and make your feelings heard there.

'I'm a Hibs fan, but I don't give them any money because I don't like one of their directors.' Does that really make sense?

SkintHibby
08-06-2014, 09:30 AM

Im not trolling whatever that means. I want Petrie away from the club I love!

Scouse Hibee
08-06-2014, 09:31 AM

So do most of us yet your post seemed to imply something different!

Caversham Green
08-06-2014, 09:36 AM

You seem to hate Petrie more than you love the club. That's not healthy.

WHUHibs
08-06-2014, 09:37 AM

Pretty boy,

Don't think there is any need for that?

It's okay for everyone to accept our new CEO at face value! Words are cheap, action will speak louder and the delivery of a plan even louder!

For anyone at the rally yesterday saw a depth of feeling off the 1500 plus fans there and asking everyone to believe her after a couple of weeks is off the Mark. How good she us we will tell in the next 1-2 years. In the meantime Rod who has been largely responsible if not culpable for the hiring and sacking of 10 managers over a short period of time should go.

With a clean slate all hibbys will get behind her and that mandate will allow the development, until then I'm sure that it will not work.

BoltonHibee
08-06-2014, 09:40 AM

Very good point Fred, add to this that there will also be a proportion of the support that will hurt Hibs financially by non attendance while he is still involved in any capacity. We need to maximise revenues and we will not while he is still there.

SkintHibby
08-06-2014, 09:41 AM
You seem to hate Petrie more than you love the club. That's not healthy.

I dont hate anything or anybody. Just because I no longer want Petrie at Hibs means I hate him. He has failed at Hibs and must go.

Caversham Green
08-06-2014, 09:43 AM
I dont hate anything or anybody. Just because I no longer want Petrie at Hibs means I hate him. He has failed at Hibs and must go.

That's not how your posts come across.

stantonhibby
08-06-2014, 10:00 AM

As I understand RP's new role - the 'conduit' - he will be liaising with STF about what goes on in board meetings and passing on STF views to the board. He will have no more or less influence than the other board members - in truth he never did, that's how the collective responsibility of boards of directors works. Someone has to do the liaison and LD has a broken football club to fix, STF knows and trusts Rod and at his age and circumstances he's unlikely to want to change. That means the petrieout argument is with Sir Tom Farmer rather than the club or Petrie himself, and that needs a very different approach.

Like most, but for slightly different reasons, I think Petrie should leave - I'm not going to enter any arguments about the past because it's all about the future now. I believe the campaign should continue, but we shouldn't let it be the defining feature of our support for the club. The concept of withdrawing your support from the club to influence its direction has become self-defeating with the appointment of Leeann Dempster. Loss of revenue means the club will continue to struggle (or at least not be as good as it could be) and the feeling will be 'same old, same old' - she will look much more like a Petrie puppet than if the club starts to flourish. Instead, get along to games and make your feelings heard there.

'I'm a Hibs fan, but I don't give them any money because I don't like one of their directors.' Does that really make sense?

This

Saves me posting!

marinello59
08-06-2014, 10:04 AM

:top marks

MurrayfieldHibs
08-06-2014, 10:24 AM
Having seen Leeann's interview I am convinced that she is sure she will have autonomy. But Rod cannot change who he is - a meddling, divisive, controlling accountant who is convinved he is always right.

Just to make a point, here is a description of the role of the Chairman from the Institute of Directors:-

The chairman’s primary role is to ensure that the board is effective in its tasks of setting and implementing the company’s direction and strategy.
The chairman is appointed by the board and the position may be full-time or part-time. The role is often combined with that of managing director or chief executive in smaller companies.

The main features of the role of chairman are as follows:
•as well as being chairman of the board, he/she is expected to act as the company’s leading representative which will involve the presentation of the company’s aims and policies to the outside world.
•providing leadership to the board taking responsibility for the board’s composition and development
•ensuring proper information for the board
•planning and conducting board meetings effectively
•getting all directors involved in the board’s work
•ensuring the board focuses on its key tasks
•engaging the board in assessing and improving its performance
•overseeing the induction and development of directors
•supporting the chief executive/MD

This isn't some benign old grandad sitting in the corner saying "you're all doing a great job". This is a very active leadership role.

Petrie has lost the fans' confidence. They don't trust him.

PETRIE MUST GO

:flag::flag::flag:

Turkish Green
08-06-2014, 10:24 AM
The club has been rotten for a number of years both in the dressing room and the board room.

Ever since player power got JC removed the culture of the players has been all wrong. Hopefully the clear out of the current disruptive elements will continue and we read/hear no more about drunken exploits in George Street. Riordan, O'Connor and Griffiths were great players for the club but their off-field personal problems did the club no favours.

The appointment of LD is a step in the right direction to getting the playing side right, but it is not enough. To bring the supporters together what needs to be seen is RP standing down completely and the boardroom re-jigged. Saying that RP has a non-executive role is not enough. He needs to be gone in both body and spirit.

PETRIE OUT

Turkish Green
08-06-2014, 10:34 AM
Having seen Leeann's interview I am convinced that she is sure she will have autonomy. But Rod cannot change who he is - a meddling, divisive, controlling accountant who is convinved he is always right.

Just to make a point, here is a description of the role of the Chairman from the Institute of Directors:-

The chairman’s primary role is to ensure that the board is effective in its tasks of setting and implementing the company’s direction and strategy.
The chairman is appointed by the board and the position may be full-time or part-time. The role is often combined with that of managing director or chief executive in smaller companies.

•as well as being chairman of the board, he/she is expected to act as the company’s leading representative which will involve the presentation of the company’s aims and policies to the outside world.
•providing leadership to the board taking responsibility for the board’s composition and development

This isn't some benign old grandad sitting in the corner saying "you're all doing a great job". This is a very active leadership role.

PETRIE MUST GO

As the old proverb goes A LEOPARD CANNOT CHANGE ITS SPOTS or as the scorpion replies in the Scorpion and the Frog joke BUT IT IS MY NATURE so I cannot see RP changing from what he has always been.

RP taking a (supposed) back seat is not the answer. He will never let go of the purse string. Be gone black spot, be gone.

PETRIE OUT

Hibbyradge
08-06-2014, 10:39 AM
.......he will become a hate figure at the club.

I can't see that ever happening.

Libby Hibby
08-06-2014, 10:41 AM
I give up.

Great news

Libby Hibby
08-06-2014, 10:45 AM
Let me make it clear I want rod out and the campaign is just starting in my view and as Tom Petty sang I Won't Back Down .
However reading Pretty Boys posts I was impressed by the his minute taking skills and the level of detail ,made me feel I had actually been there so credit to him for that ,
I think Lee Ann came across very well in this and tend to agree that she is very Mutch her own woman and already she has grasped and articulated issues that Rod IMO wasn't able to eg the Disconnect between Academy and first team and need to bring through young players with right attitudes and mentality and skill level and have a feeder club Spartans .Iwas listening to one of the Livingston staff on radio who were saying they have a scout who has been there a while and identifies god talent hence they have sold on lots of young players This year he reckons they have four or five of the best 16 year olds they have had on a long time We need to see who is out thier with a proven record in this are and entice them to Easter road as people like that are key IMO .We took John Park from Dundee United because he had good record there. Lee Ann referred to George Craig coming in and it being no secret Did she say or was she asked if she had been consulted and agreed with that appointment ?
She has persuaded me in that short session that she is a strong character with ambition for the club Rod IMO had lost that ambition and was shoring up his mistakes by using player budget to pay players ,managers assistant managers etc off only to have to keep repeating that cycle as his famous line about I looked into thier eyes and saw a winner ,never materialised and he couldn't accept his poor judgement was taking us to the point we have reached ,Relegation . So her first big test IMO is deciding if Butcher is the right person to bring us back up and work with George Craig and bridge that disconnect .His Handling of Harris suggests he isn't but let's wait and see how Ruthless she will be .The cost of getting that decision wrong will be costly if we don't come straight back up .
So yes I support Lee Ann ,but that doesn't mean I have to accept Rod stays , She needs to convince me that his conduit role is needed going forward It may be for a short while I accept that , but do we really need him smirking at us if things don't go to plan in that first year .Old wounds will resurface and we would be back to square one . yes a winning team playing attractive football would help take our minds off him if he was kept in the background ,but for me I would rather she started with a Blank Canvas .
A. Lot of people just seem to want to airbrush this away so there is immediate unity .But having taken a principled stand we need to push to see if we can accomplish what we set out to do .I wil be giving my unstinting support to the club ,going to games ,funding ticket for Leith Links and if asked right now to buy shares in the club I would ,as long as that money was going to the club and not to buy Rod out .
So in the short term the friction is not harming the club .Season Tickets aren't being bought because the team has been so poor and some people are not convinced Butcher is the right Manager .
Those that say I won't be back till Petrie is away How many supporters I s that ? I have no idea ,so it's hard to quantify if his going would mean instead of having 8 ,000 season tickets sold we had 10,000 .(I am aware we haven't sold a lot so far but don't think this is people saying I am not buying one till rod goes , although there will be those that feel that way )
Lee Ann has her own plans to engage and re engage the support and young people in particular and increase Season Ticket sales like she did at Motherwell so I trust her on that score ?
I may be naive but change never comes around unless people are prepared to rally round the cause .
When Martin Luther King had a Dream ,he articulated the cause and people got behind him and pushed for it We are not stopping Lee Ann doing her job ,it may be a media distraction but it isn't obstructing her pushing ahead with her plans ..
But if Lee Ann articulates why it is so important going forward that Rod stays I will listen as I repeat she doesn't sound like Petries Puppet and studies have shown that Women have more Emotional Intelligence than men and already she appears to be putting that to good use for the benefit of the club

So if you are reading posts Lee Ann am happy to get a reply from you

Start with getting her name right 'Leeann', it's the least you can do if you want a reply haha

emerald green
08-06-2014, 11:27 AM

The only nonsense is what's in your post.

It's time for stuff like your post to stop. We all need to get behind the CEO, give her a chance to sort out the mess this club is in. She's the one chink of light we've had at this club for years.

And bye the way, I was at the rally yesterday to show my support for the removal of Rod Petrie. That's one issue that, unfortunately is still ongoing at the club, but it's more important IMO that we give LD our full support and backing.

Hibs will be here long after Petrie has gone.

Peevemor
08-06-2014, 11:43 AM

PETRIE MUST GO

It's a fact that RP is meddling and divisive or it's your opinion?

number 27
08-06-2014, 11:49 AM

Are you saying that Rod is not a divisive figure?, surely anyone reading this forum for 5 minutes would have to accept that.

Is it possible for anyone to make any criticism of Petrie without you questioning it? do you believe we didn't really get relegated?

oconnors_strip
08-06-2014, 11:50 AM
Doesn't matter what she says or how persuasive she sounds, she's diminished in the eyes of most because Petrie is still there.

Why is he still there? As a conduit? Haway and ******. Our new all singing, all dancing, all powerful CEO needs "a conduit" to talk to the board? I can't think of any other company set up that needs such a role between CEO and board.

If she does have direct access, then why is Petrie still there?

Petrie failed as CEO; if he had any decency, he'd walk, taking Butcher et al with him.

By the way, I bet James McDonaugh just loves hearing that the academy needs overhauling to improve us as a football club. It's the only successful part of football operations at ER, and what they actually mean is "cost cutting".

Knowing james personally, I think he will be glad to hear of the changes and improvements to the academy. He has ideas to make things better but never been allowed to do it

oconnors_strip
08-06-2014, 11:52 AM

Contact Leeann personally and call her a puppet, she is no ones fool and does not like being called that, we clearly seen this at the meeting yesterday.

Peevemor
08-06-2014, 11:55 AM
Are you saying that Rod is not a divisive figure?, surely anyone reading this forum for 5 minutes would have to accept that.

Is it possible for anyone to make any criticism of Petrie without you questioning it? do you believe we didn't really get relegated?

It's obvious that he has become a divisive figure. I think he should go but it's not going to happen. The insinuation however was that he has a divisive and meddling nature.

There's no doubt in my mind that our current situation is, in part, down to RP, but unjustified personal attacks on anyone's character don't sit well with me.

Is that OK with you?

Caversham Green
08-06-2014, 11:55 AM

PETRIE MUST GO

Those are all figurehead or facilitation tasks - they involve the working of the board rather than the working of the business. Indeed the last task is supporting the CEO, which is the direct opposite of controlling him/her. If Rod sticks to those guidelines there are no practical reasons for him to go. Because of his unpopularity the figurehead issue does present a problem and the perception of him running the club will remain - unless good things happen, when LD will get the credit she deserves, but Rod will continue to get the blame for the bad things. I think he should go because of this, but I am completely confident that Leeann Dempster will be running the show.

I've asked this on another thread - What specific areas of the club do you think Rod will be interfering with, and in what way?

number 27
08-06-2014, 12:04 PM
It's obvious that he has become a divisive figure. I think he should go but it's not going to happen. The insinuation however was that he has a divisive and meddling nature.

There's no doubt in my mind that our current situation is, in part, down to RP, but unjustified personal attacks on anyone's character don't sit well with me.

Is that OK with you?

Not really, I am not interested in getting into a big, long, pointless, circular argument with you, but I will suggest that you are coming across as some sort of Rodbot, programmed to challenge every point made about Petrie no matter how trivial they might be. For me less is more.

Is that OK with you?

Peevemor
08-06-2014, 12:07 PM
Not really, I am not interested in getting into a big, long, pointless, circular argument with you, but I will suggest that you are coming across as some sort of Rodbot, programmed to challenge every point made about Petrie no matter how trivial they might be. For me less is more.

Is that OK with you?

Aye whatever.

MurrayfieldHibs
08-06-2014, 12:10 PM

It is an opinion based on discussions with several people involved with and within the club and my own personal view based on meetings with him. Happy?

ekhibee
08-06-2014, 12:13 PM
The only nonsense is what's in your post.

It's time for stuff like your post to stop. We all need to get behind the CEO, give her a chance to sort out the mess this club is in. She's the one chink of light we've had at this club for years.

And bye the way, I was at the rally yesterday to show my support for the removal of Rod Petrie. That's one issue that, unfortunately is still ongoing at the club, but it's more important IMO that we give LD our full support and backing.

Hibs will be here long after Petrie has gone.

Excellent post, totally agree.

Horse
08-06-2014, 12:27 PM
Are the people who won't be back until Petrie is out the same people who wouldn't be back until:

- Mixu was gone.
- Yogi was gone.
- Sevco 1690 were banished to the lowest tier.
- Calderwood was gone.
- Fenlon was gone.

There are probably several other "I won't be back until..." quotes that I've missed and strangely enough when Mixu/Yogi/Sevco/Calderwood/Fenlon were all dealt with as requested these people still did not go back - our crowds did not massively increase as a result of these things.

I would imagine that if Petrie goes then our crowds won't go up dramatically as the people who "won't be back until.." will just find something else that they "won't go back until" happens. The reality is these folk won't be back until we reach a major cup final and then they will be moaning about how hard it is to get a ticket!

Personally, I think it's blatantly obvious to anyone that the club has been badly managed in general for what seems like an eternity and many things need to change, however I will always be back because I love Hibs and love the match day beers and banter and nothing will ever change that. Our chances of winning div 1 next year won't be helped by those who "won't be back until..". By all means protest against Petrie, Butcher or whoever else you want to but the way to do it is not by withdrawing your support for the club especially at a time like this. Good luck to Leeann Dempster - Even if she does sack Petrie and Butcher how long will it be before the next "I won't be back until.." target appears on the horizon??

Calum68
08-06-2014, 12:32 PM
Are the people who won't be back until Petrie is out the same people who wouldn't be back until:

- Mixu was gone.
- Yogi was gone.
- Calderwood was gone.
- Fenlon was gone.

There are probably several other "I won't be back until..." quotes that I've missed and strangely enough when Mixu/Yogi/Sevco/Calderwood/Fenlon were all dealt with as requested these people still did not go back - our crowds did not massively increase as a result of these things.

I would imagine that if Petrie goes then our crowds won't go up dramatically as the people who "won't be back until.." will just find something else that they "won't go back until" happens. The reality is these folk won't be back until we reach a major cup final and then they will be moaning about how hard it is to get a ticket!

Personally, I think it's blatantly obvious to anyone that the club has been badly managed in general for what seems like an eternity and many things need to change, however I will always be back because I love Hibs and love the match day beers and banter and nothing will ever change that. Our chances of winning div 1 next year won't be helped by those who "won't be back until..". By all means protest against Petrie, Butcher or whoever else you want to but the way to do it is not by withdrawing your support for the club especially at a time like this. Good luck to Leeann Dempster - Even if she does sack Petrie and Butcher how long will it be before the next "I won't be back until.." target appears on the horizon??

Good post. I'm sure there are many that just look for an excuse and have no intention of supporting the club. Be very interesting to see if the numbers do increase when we turn the corner.

RIP Bestie
08-06-2014, 12:44 PM

I think this is a well thought out post with some excellent points.
I, however, would like to see Petrie remain as I think that he still has something to offer.
The things that he has got wrong have now been passed on to Dempster and as she says that she has full autonomy with this. I'm sure that the cynical amongst us may think that this is Petries way of being able to point the finger at someone else if all goes wrong, but why not take things at face value.
after all that has been said by both Petrie and Dempster, there would be no hiding place for either if this were to fail. I feel that if Petrie was going to interfere,Dempster would walk. I really can't see him being daft enough to let that happen.

Ronniekirk
08-06-2014, 01:06 PM
I think this is a well thought out post with some excellent points.
I, however, would like to see Petrie remain as I think that he still has something to offer.
The things that he has got wrong have now been passed on to Dempster and as she says that she has full autonomy with this. I'm sure that the cynical amongst us may think that this is Petries way of being able to point the finger at someone else if all goes wrong, but why not take things at face value.
after all that has been said by both Petrie and Dempster, there would be no hiding place for either if this were to fail. I feel that if Petrie was going to interfere,Dempster would walk. I really can't see him being daft enough to let that happen.

What is it you think he has to offer going forward ,as I still haven't seen anyone spell this out apart from keep sir Tom in the loop ,and judging by pretty boys minutes from that last meeting he could sit on the board and do an excellent job of doing that . Think this conduit role is a red herring .If there are other reasons like his financial background or a particular skill set he brings that no one else has or could learn then let's here what that is .

clerriehibs
08-06-2014, 01:12 PM
Start with getting her name right 'Leeann', it's the least you can do if you want a reply haha

Oh dear ... is she that petulant?

s.a.m
08-06-2014, 01:45 PM

- Mixu was gone.
- Yogi was gone.
- Calderwood was gone.
- Fenlon was gone.

:agree: Quite.

Sir David Gray
08-06-2014, 01:55 PM
I believe Leeann Dempster when she says that she has full autonomy to do her job but the point remains that anyone who has presided over such a decline that we have seen at Hibs over the last 4 or 5 years should no longer be deemed fit to stay in post.

As chairman and also formerly CEO, that person is Rod Petrie and therefore his position at the club is untenable, regardless of what his future role is likely to be.

147lothian
08-06-2014, 08:46 PM

What is it that makes you so sensitive to criticism of petrie?

down-the-slope
08-06-2014, 09:14 PM
1st point is nothing more than an assumption on your part. You simply don't know and can't state that as fact.

2nd point isn't really relevant to the current debate either. Mowbray left in 2006, EM wasn't open then (so no disconnect) and it's the decline in the last 7 years which has been subject to a lot of the discussion around Petrie and his handling of the club.

Its not an assumption its based on what a number of individuals have said (and similar to those who said they would be back when Rangers were out of SPL...and then didn't / moved argument to something else)

Of course its relevant as we are talking about stewardship of the club -peoples views on that are affected hugely by whether the team on the pitch is performing or not

WHUHibs
08-06-2014, 09:27 PM
Good post. I'm sure there are many that just look for an excuse and have no intention of supporting the club. Be very interesting to see if the numbers do increase when we turn the corner.

Based on what facts? Or is this your summary and based on what?

Peevemor
08-06-2014, 09:37 PM
What is it that makes you so sensitive to criticism of petrie?

I'm sensitive to unfounded criticism of my club. There are many who are stating, more or less as fact, and despite the protestations of the newly appointed CEO, that the club/STF/RP aren't sincere about their wish for change. I've asked on here for specific examples of when the club has lied to us in the past. I'm still waiting.

I can't be bothered with people who post about RP's arrogance, his selfishness, his interference, you name it. How many of these people have proof of any of this stuff? How many of these people have worked with RP. More to the point, how many of these people post on here unless there's a negative bandwagon to jump on to?

If you can be bothered scrolling through my posts, you'll find very little defence of RP. It's clear that at boardroom level there have been all sorts of mistakes made regarding various aspects of the running of the club. I don't know exactly who's to blame for what, but in any case you won't find any defence from me. I put my name to the admins' message to the club calling for a vote of no confidence in RP. I think he should go, but given the assurances given by LD, I honestly don't think his removal is worth splitting the club and support over.

What I really can't be arsed with is the linch mob mentality that has become more and more prevalent on here. There are many who think that they can post whatever accusations they like, often time and time again, without having any real foundation for what they're posting.

It's the same as going to a match and being stick next to some clown who spends the entire match shouting dog's abuse at whoever happens to be the current onfield scapegoat. I can only put up with so much of that crap before I react.

Well I'm the same on here.

RIP Bestie
08-06-2014, 09:45 PM

Is that OK with you?
But he hasn't done that. He has made it clear that he thinks Petries position has become Untenable due to the level of feeling against him, he just doesn't support unfounded slurs on someone's character. I honestly think that He has made some very well thought out points on the subject of Petrie.

WHUHibs
08-06-2014, 09:45 PM
I'm sensitive to unfounded criticism of my club. There are many who are stating, more or less as fact, and despite the protestations of the newly appointed CEO, that the club/STF/RP aren't sincere about their wish for change. I've asked on here for specific examples of when the club has lied to us in the past. I'm still waiting.

I can't be bothered with people who post about RP's arrogance, his selfishness, his interference, you name it. How many of these people have proof of any of this stuff? How many of these people have worked with RP. More to the point, how many of these people post on here unless there's a negative bandwagon to jump on to?

If you can be bothered scrolling through my posts, you'll find very little defence of RP. It's clear that at boardroom level there have been all sorts of mistakes made regarding various aspects of the running of the club. I don't know exactly who's to blame for what, but in any case you won't find any defence from me. I put my name to the admins' message to the club calling for a vote of no confidence in RP. I think he should go, but given the assurances given by LD, I honestly don't think his removal is worth splitting the club and support over.

What I really can't be arsed with is the linch mob mentality that has become more and more prevalent on here. There are many who think that they can post whatever accusations they like, often time and time again, without having any real foundation for what they're posting.

It's the same as going to a match and being stick next to sole clown who spends the entire match shouting dog's abuse at whoever happens to be the current onfield scapegoat. I can only put up with so much of that crap before I react.

I have worked with Rod directly on 3 occasions and I can confirm beyond all doubt in my judgement that he is not affected by external forces. He also is not focussed on hibs and his other business interests far outweigh the income he gains from our club. So there are only 2 reasons why he is interested in his stake:

1. The value when sold
2. If he holds a position at his club will he achieve a role in SFA he would like.

The only way I want to judge Rod is where he has taken us in his time in running the club with the product on the pitch. That to me is a failure so that's what I will judge him on!

Peevemor
08-06-2014, 09:57 PM
I have worked with Rod directly on 3 occasions and I can confirm beyond all doubt in my judgement that he is not affected by external forces. He also is not focussed on hibs and his other business interests far outweigh the income he gains from our club. So there are only 2 reasons why he is interested in his stake:

1. The value when sold
2. If he holds a position at his club will he achieve a role in SFA he would like.

The only way I want to judge Rod is where he has taken us in his time in running the club with the product on the pitch. That to me is a failure so that's what I will judge him on!

That's your informed opinion, on which you'll get no argument from myself.

WHUHibs
08-06-2014, 10:00 PM
That's your informed opinion, on which you'll get no argument from myself.

:greengrin

Peevemor
08-06-2014, 10:03 PM
:greengrin:

You can wipe that smile off yer puss for a start!

RIP Bestie
08-06-2014, 10:11 PM

1. The value when sold

Whether we like it or not the product on the pitch is down to the manager. He is the one who identifies players, plays them, decides on tactics and formations and makes changes where and when required. I don't buy into this whole Petrie is to blame for us being relegated or it's his fault we are pish.
I accept that was his job to appoint those managers and on the whole they have been a massive let down. I have no doubt that Petrie has been left scratching his head when the latest incumbant has failed to deliver the promise or expectation that was placed on them, as were most of us.
So mistakes were made, we need to look at a new direction. We either buy into that or we don't. The witch hunt for Petries head isn't going to help that process. Personally I want to give this "wind of change" my support. The continued unrest caused by calling for the removal of Petrie is doing nothing to unite us and help heal the situation we are in. Changes have started to happen we either trust that as a package or we don't. If we don't the unrest continues and I doubt we will start to see the desired improvements. But of course that will be Petries fault.

WHUHibs
08-06-2014, 10:21 PM
You can wipe that smile off yer puss for a start!

Now now no need for that!!

147lothian
08-06-2014, 10:22 PM

It's the same as going to a match and being stick next to some clown who spends the entire match shouting dog's abuse at whoever happens to be the current onfield scapegoat. I can only put up with so much of that crap before I react.

Thanks for that, but people who criticize petrie, are not criticizing the club, this is something you should think about IMO before you cut and paste and say 'is that a fact'. Im impressed by the new CEO but I don't think she will make any real difference while petrie is still there as conduit between club and STF.

I have never met petrie but I believe the account of people who have that say that he is a very arrogant man, I can't see the club moving forward until he goes, if he had any integrity he would resign, petrie out!

WHUHibs
08-06-2014, 10:24 PM
Whether we like it or not the product on the pitch is down to the manager. He is the one who identifies players, plays them, decides on tactics and formations and makes changes where and when required. I don't buy into this whole Petrie is to blame for us being relegated or it's his fault we are pish.
I accept that was his job to appoint those managers and on the whole they have been a massive let down. I have no doubt that Petrie has been left scratching his head when the latest incumbant has failed to deliver the promise or expectation that was placed on them, as were most of us.
So mistakes were made, we need to look at a new direction. We either buy into that or we don't. The witch hunt for Petries head isn't going to help that process. Personally I want to give this "wind of change" my support. The continued unrest caused by calling for the removal of Petrie is doing nothing to unite us and help heal the situation we are in. Changes have started to happen we either trust that as a package or we don't. If we don't the unrest continues and I doubt we will start to see the desired improvements. But of course that will be Petries fault.

So you agree that Rod has made all the managerial appointments bar one? If that's the case he is the person who researched, did his homework and brought the best he could for the club? Add to that he agrees the playing budget?

So if that's correct how is he not culpable for the mistakes of where the club has gone? It starts from the top as with any business!

Peevemor
08-06-2014, 10:28 PM
Now now no need for that!!

:greengrin

truehibernian
08-06-2014, 10:30 PM

1. The value when sold

Rod is a coward - always has been always will be - him and the SFA are a perfect marriage. A real chairman would have talked to camera - sadly we have an utter coward and arrogant baffoon treating supporters like crap !

However I'll keep saying - Sir Tom had/has exactly the same sentiment - again, his reply to me when I questioned Calderwood was 'you'll still buy a season ticket though' !

They all simply do not care - unless you part with cash !

Peevemor
08-06-2014, 10:31 PM
Thanks for that, but people who criticize petrie, are not criticizing the club, this is something you should think about IMO before you cut and paste and say 'is that a fact'. Im impressed by the new CEO but I don't think she will make any real difference while petrie is still there as conduit between club and STF.

I have never met petrie but I believe the account of people who have that say that he is a very arrogant man, I can't see the club moving forward until he goes, if he had any integrity he would resign, petrie out!

People who choose to ignore the club statements and insist that RP will still in reality be running the club are doing both IMO.

RIP Bestie
08-06-2014, 10:32 PM
So you agree that Rod has made all the managerial appointments bar one? If that's the case he is the person who researched, did his homework and brought the best he could for the club? Add to that he agrees the playing budget?

So if that's correct how is he not culpable for the mistakes of where the club has gone? It starts from the top as with any business!
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Yes he has thrown a couple of curveballs that were Calderwood and Fenlon but the rest I wouldn't have disagreed with. His other curveball was Mowbray who most agreed did not a bad job. As I say he, like most of us, was probably scratching his head at the abject failure of his appointments. Steps have now been taken to address this and he won't get to make another decision regarding the manager but I would put money on it that we haven't seen the last of a poor managerial appointment at this club. He agrees the player budget but it's the manager who decides the players.

truehibernian
08-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Here's a thing - why don't Hibs fans suggest Rod do an interview to camera to say he's got no say in football operations ? Get it literally on record so he can't squirm ?

Guarantee he won't do it !

147lothian
08-06-2014, 10:44 PM
Rod is a coward - always has been always will be - him and the SFA are a perfect marriage. A real chairman would have talked to camera - sadly we have an utter coward and arrogant baffoon treating supporters like crap !

However I'll keep saying - Sir Tom had/has exactly the same sentiment - again, his reply to me when I questioned Calderwood was 'you'll still buy a season ticket though' !

http://www.hibs.net/images/icons/icon14.png And some people think, were wrong to want change? Saturday's demo showed who the most important people at Easter Road should be, Petrie Out!

RIP Bestie
08-06-2014, 10:47 PM
Here's a thing - why don't Hibs fans suggest Rod do an interview to camera to say he's got no say in football operations ? Get it literally on record so he can't squirm ?

Guarantee he won't do it !
And the purpose of this?
How many on here would believe it?
Very few I would imagine so it would be a pointless exercise.

Dashing Bob S
08-06-2014, 10:47 PM
I've wanted Petrie out from the moment I set eyes on that gay mowser.

Peevemor
08-06-2014, 10:48 PM

Some sense at last! Now we're getting somewhere.

FranckSuzy
08-06-2014, 10:49 PM

Oh, oh, this is going to be like the calendar thread all over again :tee hee:

RIP Bestie
08-06-2014, 10:53 PM

I don't think that it is fair to label him a coward. I don't see the justification in that at all.
Petrie has made a statement to the supporters regarding the way forward for the club and this has been endorsed by the new CEO. It's now down to whether you want to buy into that or not.

Stonewall

Yes.

147lothian

I can just see the Rodbod's dancing about to the tune of YMCA singing 'petrie must stay!'

Peevemor
08-06-2014, 10:56 PM
I can just see the Rodbod's dancing about to the tune of YMCA singing 'petrie must stay!'

Naw,

:singing: I'm a CA

Hibrandenburg
08-06-2014, 10:56 PM

Today's gay is fashion on the way.

StokePogesHibs
09-06-2014, 04:15 AM
Failure is Failure. With this seasons resources, a stricken Hearts and no SEVCO, it is abject failure. There is no peg left to shoogle and our biggest strength, through the financial crisis affecting Scottish Football, has now become our biggest weakness and barrier to progress. Leeann needs a thoroughly clean slate.

IWasThere2016
09-06-2014, 06:17 AM

1. The value when sold

Petrie has chaired/been ChEx over a period of severe decline. He has shown insufficient leadership, skill, acumen etc to never mind reverse it, to stall the decline and some 'think he has something to give' and should stay. Deary me..

Ronniekirk
09-06-2014, 07:54 AM

Petrie has chaired/been ChEx over a period of severe decline. He has shown insufficient leadership, skill, acumen etc to never mind reverse it, to stall the decline and some 'think he has something to give' and should stay. Deary me..

Agree it's strange the way this one has divided opinion His focus on prudence and infrastructure seems to have bought him time, although some people have just decided has he is a share holder he is going no where unless Sir Tom agrees and that's understandable as don't think he will go without that final push . He will sit out next few weeks and hope Lee Ann s announcements take the heat off him

PatHead
09-06-2014, 10:19 AM
The biggest problem with Rod is that he has set the tone of the club to be like that at an undertakers. Leeann will add dynamism, character and lift the whole place.

The King is dead, long live the Queen- Petrie out

RIP
09-06-2014, 04:47 PM

Could that be because you, like Rod, do not understand the importance of man-management? Let us look at an example:-

Geoff Brown at St Johnstone. Geoff has hired 4 managers in recent years. Almost all of them (jury is out with Lomas according to some Saints fans) left the club a better manager than when they were recruited. That's because when an employee is appointed the Chief Executive's or Chairman's job is only just beginning. Football managers or CEO's need led, man-managed, inspired, mentored, supported, cajoled and occasionally pulled up if standards slip.

Performance management for managers! If that is missing the incoming manager is at risk of failure. They will either end up being sacked or they will walk away. If I recruit one manager who fails I will regard it as a reflection of my own poor performance. If however I recruit 5 (6 if TB is sacked) successive football managers and 2 x CEO's who are either sacked or walk away I will be astonished if I am still in a job.

It's hardly surprising RP doesn't understand this. Hibernian FC pre-dempster is not a high performing organisation. We accept failure here. That acceptance starts at the very top and filters down to some fans

wills
09-06-2014, 05:31 PM
Is it not the case that Petrie needs his position at ER to continue his role at the SFA?

Eyrie
09-06-2014, 06:34 PM

Petrie does have something to give the club - his resignation.

147lothian
09-06-2014, 08:09 PM
Failure is Failure. With this seasons resources, a stricken Hearts and no SEVCO, it is abject failure. There is no peg left to shoogle and our biggest strength, through the financial crisis affecting Scottish Football, has now become our biggest weakness and barrier to progress. Leeann needs a thoroughly clean slate.

My thoughts exactly!http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

Cropley10
09-06-2014, 08:42 PM
Could that be because you, like Rod, do not understand the importance of man-management? Let us look at an example:-

Geoff Brown at St Johnstone. Geoff has hired 4 managers in recent years. Almost all of them (jury is out with Lomas according to some Saints fans) left the club a better manager than when they were recruited. That's because when an employee is appointed the Chief Executive's or Chairman's job is only just beginning. Football managers or CEO's need led, man-managed, inspired, mentored, supported, cajoled and occasionally pulled up if standards slip.

Performance management for managers! If that is missing the incoming manager is at risk of failure. They will either end up being sacked or they will walk away. If I recruit one manager who fails I will regard it as a reflection of my own poor performance. If however I recruit 5 (6 if TB is sacked) successive football managers and 2 x CEO's who are either sacked or walk away I will be astonished if I am still in a job.

It's hardly surprising RP doesn't understand this. Hibernian FC pre-dempster is not a high performing organisation. We accept failure here. That acceptance starts at the very top and filters down to some fans

The perils of the owner-managed business.

Everything is excused by STF saving Hibs and RP owning 10% - oh and selling the players and building some buildings

RIP Bestie
09-06-2014, 09:07 PM

I am well versed in the importance of man management, it's my business. Unfortunately in a results driven business like football,managers are expected to be able to hit the ground running. There are a few people here who feel that we should stick with Butcher and give him an opportunity to improve. The majority want him sacked. The expectation at a club like Hibs is greater than that of St Johnstone so there is no point in comparing their managers to ours. They may get time. Ours don't.

Jonnyboy
09-06-2014, 09:22 PM
Oh, oh, this is going to be like the calendar thread all over again :tee hee:

Has anybody else ever worried there might be another calendar like thread? :greengrin

The biggest problem with Rod is that he has set the tone of the club to be like that at an undertakers. Leeann will add dynamism, character and lift the whole place.

The King is dead, long live the Queen- Petrie out

Leeann used to work for an undertaker IIRC :wink:

RIP
09-06-2014, 10:09 PM
I am well versed in the importance of man management, it's my business. Unfortunately in a results driven business like football,managers are expected to be able to hit the ground running. There are a few people here who feel that we should stick with Butcher and give him an opportunity to improve. The majority want him sacked. The expectation at a club like Hibs is greater than that of St Johnstone so there is no point in comparing their managers to ours. They may get time. Ours don't.

I'm not comparing their managers to ours though am I? I am comparing a chairman who inspires success with a chairman who presides only over failure.

And I am pointing to the most likely cause. His lack of leadership

RIP Bestie
10-06-2014, 12:08 AM
I'm not comparing their managers to ours though am I? I am comparing a chairman who inspires success with a chairman who presides only over failure.

And I am pointing to the most likely cause. His lack of leadership
But you did compare the managers.

147lothian
10-06-2014, 12:38 AM

A touch of classhttp://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

Bill Milne
10-06-2014, 09:30 AM

Was Abe Lincoln a Hibby?