PDA

View Full Version : Confused

Dobosz83
07-06-2014, 08:29 PM
I love what I've heard from Leeann Dempster so far. She speaks volumes of sense and clearly has a direction she wants to move towards. I believe what she says and she has done more than Rod and co. In the space of a week than they have in 7 years.

Thing is, I'm pro #PetrieOut, I believe he has totally overstayed his welcome and overseen far to match mediocrity over his tenure. However, Leeann speaks passionately about the control she has, the notes from Pretty Boy (many thanks, btw!) cement this further.

Do any other supporters feel caught between a rock and hard place. I was never going back at the start of the week, In a short space of time (and as reality sets in and my love for all things Hibs!) I find myself warming to Dempster and wanting to blindly back the club.

I see both sides of the coin and sit somewhere in the middle!

Cropley10
07-06-2014, 08:57 PM
Keep the pressure on.

Football is a results business - we need to see things changing very quickly.

Butcher's future - player signings - structural changes all need to happen fast.

Just because LD has started and speaks common sense, very well doesn't mean the non-Exec Chairman gets a free pass.

pontius pilate
07-06-2014, 09:03 PM
Im like dobo I want to believe everything thats being said from Ms Dempster and give backing to the club but I also want #petrieout i will reserve judgement for another few weeks and see and listen to what happens with regards to the coaching staff signing targets I dont think at this stage me not committing to a ST will make much difference to the budget but how many others think like me/us

garlic
07-06-2014, 09:07 PM
I am confused as well. Todays protest was all about removing Petrie. Have we made any progress to this aim. The meeting with Demster was going ahead regardless of any protest. So far all that has been reported is exactly what i would have expected from a meeting to appease the fans.

macca70
07-06-2014, 09:10 PM
Totally agree with OP and sums up how I feel.

For as long as Petrie is attached to the club, i just can't see any transparency and he's a massive grey cloud hanging over Leann.

She needs a clean slate to work with, I think its time forRod to now walk away, we can thank him for the infrastructure the club has but for the good of the club and to let the club move forward, Rod needs to walk away as hard as it might be for him.

The club needs to build for the Championship without the divide between The Board and the fans that is being created by Rod.

Peevemor
07-06-2014, 09:23 PM
Totally agree with OP and sums up how I feel.

For as long as Petrie is attached to the club, i just can't see any transparency and he's a massive grey cloud hanging over Leann.

She needs a clean slate to work with, I think its time forRod to now walk away, we can thank him for the infrastructure the club has but for the good of the club and to let the club move forward, Rod needs to walk away as hard as it might be for him.

The club needs to build for the Championship without the divide between The Board and the fans that is being created by Rod.

But if RP has taken a back seat, and LD must already be fed up of having to assure people that this is the case, isn't it an ongoing campaign that could cause any split?

marinello59
07-06-2014, 09:30 PM
I am confused as well. Todays protest was all about removing Petrie. Have we made any progress to this aim. The meeting with Demster was going ahead regardless of any protest. So far all that has been reported is exactly what i would have expected from a meeting to appease the fans.

Appease the fans? That's strangely negative choice of words. The meeting was planned before the demo and was obviously meant for LD to introduce herself properly to the fans. Which it appears she has done in a very honest and positive manner. The main show was actually inside the building. What happened outside was a very clear demonstration of where the fans are regarding Petrie and in that respect it achieved it's aim. It's been a pretty good day really. There is still lot of work to be done but it looks like the whole Hibernian family is looking forwards tonight.

macca70
07-06-2014, 09:34 PM
But if RP has taken a back seat, and LD must already be fed up of having to assure people that this is the case, isn't it an ongoing campaign that could cause any split?

Absolutely, Petrie must accept that these protests won't stop until he goes. It's is not benefitting the club at all and Petrie has to walk away before the protests get nastier and uglier the longer Petrie stays.

147lothian
07-06-2014, 09:36 PM
As much as I appreciate what Dempster is saying, I just don't trust the board, and petrie in particular, Dempster can say the right things, but if we still have rod ****ing petrie acting as conduit between club and absent owner, there's not a great deal of change, take this season, we were crying out for investment in a striker, imagine if Dempster was there at the beginning of the season, as she recognizes this too, gives the information to petrie to speak to the absent owner who then says no funds are being released, its back to square one, petrie has to go, his presence in any shape or form, doesn't do the club any good.

lord bunberry
07-06-2014, 09:38 PM

Petrie walking away would end any doubt

Peevemor
07-06-2014, 09:39 PM
You're basically saying that you don't believe Leeann Dempster.

macca70
07-06-2014, 09:45 PM
You're basically saying that you don't believe Leeann Dempster.

I am saying that Petrie is a grey cloud hanging over our club that we can absolutely do without while we have to build a whole new squad for the Championship.

If he is adding nothing to the club, having no input, which I fully believe he isn't. Then why is he hanging about other than being stubborn and hindering our club by pissing off the fans.

I'm sure there would be a straightforward solution for him to give up/sell his 10% ownership.

Peevemor
07-06-2014, 09:47 PM
I am saying that Petrie is a grey cloud hanging over our club that we can absolutely do without while we have to build a whole new squad for the Championship.

If he is adding nothing to the club, having no input, which I fully believe he isn't. Then why is he hanging about other than being stubborn and hindering our club by pissing off the fans.

I'm sure there would be a straightforward solution for him to give up/sell his 10% ownership.

I don't think it's anything to do with his 10%, but everything to do with STF wanting him there.

FranckSuzy
07-06-2014, 09:47 PM
As Pretty Boy has said in his notes from today's meeting, Leeann Dempster stated categorically that she is prepared to meet any fan who doesn't believe she has full autonomy at the club. That's if you don't think she may have more important things to do right now, of course....

bythecringe
07-06-2014, 09:50 PM
Appease the fans? That's strangely negative choice of words. The meeting was planned before the demo and was obviously meant for LD to introduce herself properly to the fans. Which it appears she has done in a very honest and positive manner. The main show was actually inside the building. What happened outside was a very clear demonstration of where the fans are regarding Petrie and in that respect it achieved it's aim. It's been a pretty good day really. There is still lot of work to be done but it looks like the whole Hibernian family is looking forwards tonight.

I'm impressed by what has been said in the reports, and many thanks for the updates on line tonight. One thing still puzzles me. I always understood the role of chairman to be the main figurehead of a board and to have overall responsibility for what happens in the business. The posts I read tonight make out that Leanne Dempster has that responsibility and Rod is merely a conduit to the owner. OK it's some time since I retired but that's not how I remember it. Have things really changed? The thought of the chairman as a message boy is perverse! Why is he still there as Chairman if that is all he does? I can buy into what I hear Leanne say but not to this diminished role of a Chairman. Rod out now!!

Scouse Hibee
07-06-2014, 09:50 PM
As Pretty Boy has said in his notes from today's meeting, Leeann Dempster stated categorically that she is prepared to meet any fan who doesn't believe she has full autonomy at the club. That's if you don't think she may have more important things to do right now, of course....

Can we have every meeting recorded and posted on you tube :greengrin

matty_f
07-06-2014, 09:53 PM
I think there is room for a #Petrieout campaign whilst backing Leeann (both by trusting her to make changes and by buying season tickets) so that the club doesn't suffer.

I think if we, as a support, get fully behind her we are in a great place to push on.

macca70
07-06-2014, 09:56 PM
I don't think it's anything to do with his 10%, but everything to do with STF wanting him there.

Why would STF want him there, if he has no input on the running of the club but only impact his presence at our club is having is a negative impact on the fans?

I find that hard to believe that a successful businessman that built up his business and sold it for $1.6 Billion could be thinking that keeping Petrie at our club is doing us any good.

I think the main reason is Petrie's stubbornness.

Peevemor
07-06-2014, 10:21 PM
Why would STF want him there, if he has no input on the running of the club but only impact his presence at our club is having is a negative impact on the fans?

I find that hard to believe that a successful businessman that built up his business and sold it for $1.6 Billion could be thinking that keeping Petrie at our club is doing us any good.

I think the main reason is Petrie's stubbornness.

Because STF rates RP very highly.

I think that if things advance/improve under LD to the satisfaction of the fans (as long as we remember to be a wee bit patient - she's not a miracle worker), then the negativity toward RP will become far less of an issue.

I look forward to a day when the board are almost never mentioned on here.

garlic
07-06-2014, 10:23 PM

With the comments on the board tonight compared to last night I would say the petrie out supporters are much less focused on that point than previously.
If that is the case then Dempster has done a good job of appeasing the fans.

macca70
07-06-2014, 10:32 PM
Because STF rates RP very highly.

I think that if things advance/improve under LD to the satisfaction of the fans (as long as we remember to be a wee bit patient - she's not a miracle worker), then the negativity toward RP will become far less of an issue.

I look forward to a day when the board are almost never mentioned on here.

Not so sure that STF can 'Rate RP highly' with where he has led us to but I think they are in Cahoots. With the success in business STF has had, there is no way STF can think RP has done a good job.

With the 2500 protest today, that seems to only be the start of the protests/demonstrations against Petrie.

Even when LD does start to have a positive impact and get us heading in the right direction, for every day that Petrie remains at the club, the campaign to get rid of him escalates.

jacomo
07-06-2014, 10:35 PM

What's your honest opinion on it?

I don't believe in withholding my support from the club (to be honest I'm an infrequent visitor to Scotland these days so of limited financial value to the club) and few people are talking about a boycott to force Petrie out anyhow.

LD has made an impressive start and I trust her, but the culture at the club must change and there must remain doubts about whether this is possible. Many previous employees have tried and failed to change things at Hibs (remember Pat and all the good work he supposedly did behind the scenes?)

The owner obviously trusts Rod but as supporters we've been promised change time and time again and it simply hasn't happened (just look back at Rod's public statements over the past few years, which have all followed a similar theme). A new Chairman would help reinforce the message that the club is now moving in a fresh direction.

If STF believes in Petrie and Petrie refuses to go, then in reality there's little we can do about it without hurting the club's finances, and no one wants that. But really - Hibs have made far too many avoidable mistakes over recent seasons, mistakes that ended in relegation. Rod should go, and it's entirely right for the supporters to say this even if LD looks - finally - like the right person for the job.

Peevemor
07-06-2014, 11:08 PM
My opinion? OK.

I believe the statements that the club issues. I know that there will often be a certain amount of spin but I don't think the board has ever lied to us. I think that with the no doubt expensive recruitment of TB & co., STF/RP/the board and the overwhelming majority of the support believed that we'd finally got the right man.

LD has confirmed that she was first approached by Hibs in March when relegation wasn't seen as any real threat. This for me shows an acknowledgement on their part that they weren't getting things right.

Now I don't know exactly why STF/RP are insisting on RP's continued presence, but I'm pretty sure that he's going nowhere in the short term and they're not going to budge on that. I do think though that this current shake up is the real deal and any ongoing Petrie Out campaign can only be destructive.

jacomo
07-06-2014, 11:41 PM
Thanks for that Peevemor.

I agree too that this 'wind of change' is genuine, and that our owner and chairman are good people who care about the club beyond their own narrow financial interest.

However, these changes were a long time in coming, after numerous previous promises to change the way the club worked had failed. I am also of the mind that we've got the wrong manager for the wrong reasons. We've paid a heavy price (embarrassing defeats, relegation etc) because the club has not been run properly.

In short: thanks Rod, but it's time to move on.

SuperAllyMcleod
08-06-2014, 12:02 AM
My opinion? OK.

I believe the statements that the club issues. I know that there will often be a certain amount of spin but I don't think the board has ever lied to us. I think that with the no doubt expensive recruitment of TB & co., STF/RP/the board and the overwhelming majority of the support believed that we'd finally got the right man.

LD has confirmed that she was first approached by Hibs in March when relegation wasn't seen as any real threat. This for me shows an acknowledgement on their part that they weren't getting things right.

Now I don't know exactly why STF/RP are insisting on RP's continued presence, but I'm pretty sure that he's going nowhere in the short term and they're not going to budge on that. I do think though that this current shake up is the real deal and any ongoing Petrie Out campaign can only be destructive.

Yes, I agree with this.

I believe that STF sees a completed stadium and a fantastic training facility and reckons (probably rightly) that it's down to RP and his bookkeeping. Of course we believe it has been to the detriment of the playing side but STF is probably taking the (extremely) long term view.

StokePogesHibs
08-06-2014, 12:47 AM
I think if Rod does the right thing and resigns then Leeann will benefit from a wave of goodwill, support, and most importantly finance. She needs the cleanest slate to restructure and execute her turnaround plan. I don't think Hibs have the luxury, or cash, to have the guy accountable for the crash sticking around in any capacity.

Leeann, I love your messages and approach. I believe in you but there can be no passengers, or excess baggage, in a turnaround. The stakes are too high for a club in our position.

cjward2
08-06-2014, 01:51 AM
My opinion? OK.

I'm coming into this a bit late today, but I agree with Peevemor. I think it's time to hold judgement for a while and see how things unfold over the next 3-4 weeks.

Caversham Green
08-06-2014, 05:15 PM
As much as I appreciate what Dempster is saying, I just don't trust the board, and petrie in particular, Dempster can say the right things, but if we still have rod ****ing petrie acting as conduit between club and absent owner, there's not a great deal of change, take this season, we were crying out for investment in a striker, imagine if Dempster was there at the beginning of the season, as she recognizes this too, gives the information to petrie to speak to the absent owner who then says no funds are being released, its back to square one, petrie has to go, his presence in any shape or form, doesn't do the club any good.

The highlighted bit is what I just don't get - that and the 'appease the fans' comment. You don't trust the board? What is it that you think the board are trying to do? Why would they appoint Leeann Dempster - presumably at high cost to their employer - just so they can pull the wool over the supporters eyes? Do you really think they want the club to fail - it's a wee football club ffs, not the mafia - they are not the enemy, they have the same aim as the fans - unless you know otherwise.

Tell me what you think the board's intentions are that makes you distrust them.

Please.

judas
08-06-2014, 05:39 PM
I believe what she says and she has done more than Rod and co. In the space of a week than they have in 7 years.

Sorry, but there's hyperbole, then there's single fish.

The_Horde
08-06-2014, 05:54 PM
It doesn't matter if anybody believes dempster or not. Petrie's time at this club has run out and he has to go. He can't be involved in any more decisions at this club.

Peevemor
08-06-2014, 05:56 PM
;4053251']It doesn't matter if anybody believes dempster or not. Petrie's time at this club has run out and he has to go. He can't be involved in any more decisions at this club.

You and anyone else can say that all you want, but he's going nowhere. Will it not be more productive to focus on something else?

The_Horde
08-06-2014, 08:05 PM
You and anyone else can say that all you want, but he's going nowhere. Will it not be more productive to focus on something else?

More productive than ousting the man who has been a real factor in our 7 year malaise? We won't produce until he's gone because fans won't return until he is.

The_Horde
08-06-2014, 08:06 PM
But aye, you're right.. He's going nowhere.. Let's just admit defeat and move on to more mediocrity.

silverhibee
08-06-2014, 08:26 PM

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/kane-seeks-farmer-talks-after-petrie-out-rally-1-3437107

#petrieout

Peevemor
08-06-2014, 08:37 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/kane-seeks-farmer-talks-after-petrie-out-rally-1-3437107

#petrieout

If STF meets Kano, has a change of mind then bins RP all well and good. He may however decide that the club has said it's final word on the matter and refuse to meet with anyone.

One thing for sure is that meeting people from the campaign will hold no fear for STF.

RIP
08-06-2014, 08:47 PM
Gee folks. It's really not complicated.

Rod was trying to perform multiple roles:-

Director of HFC Holdings
Deputy VP of SFA or SPFL
Chairman of Hibs
CEO of Hibs

He thought he could juggle all 4. He couldn't and things at the club got worse each season. Finally somebody made him see sense and hire a full-time CEO.

He thinks this will now entitle him to return to the role of Chairman. Our fans see him as the route cause of the decline. The price of failure is his resignation. A principled man would realise this. A man who cannot accept responsibility obviously can't.

This matter has absolutely nothing to do with Leeann Dempster.

It's about the level above her. Tom Farmer and the Board of Directors.

marinello59
08-06-2014, 08:56 PM

Director of HFC Holdings
Deputy VP of SFA or SPFL
Chairman of Hibs
CEO of Hibs

He thought he could juggle all 4. He couldn't and things at the club got worse each season. Finally somebody made him see sense and hire a full-time CEO.

He thinks this will now entitle him to return to the role of Chairman. Our fans see him as the route cause of the decline. The price of failure is his resignation. A principled man would realise this. A man who cannot accept responsibility obviously can't.

Exactly.

Turkish Green
08-06-2014, 09:48 PM

Director of HFC Holdings
Deputy VP of SFA or SPFL
Chairman of Hibs
CEO of Hibs

so what RP has done is to relinquish his CEO position but keeping the other three.

much as I liked what LD had to say, she is an employee of HFC and reports to the Board. How long until the CEO comes into conflict with the Chairman? And how long will it take for the CEO to decide she's had enough?

To avoid all doubt, RP has to go. Simples.

PETRIE OOT

Peevemor
08-06-2014, 09:54 PM
so what RP has done is to relinquish his CEO position but keeping the other three.

much as I liked what LD had to say, she is an employee of HFC and reports to the Board. How long until the CEO comes into conflict with the Chairman? And how long will it take for the CEO to decide she's had enough?

To avoid all doubt, RP has to go. Simples.

PETRIE OOT

But it's not just the chairman who decides, it's the entire board (of which she may become part). The board are effectively appointed by STF...

StokePogesHibs
09-06-2014, 02:31 AM

Director of HFC Holdings
Deputy VP of SFA or SPFL
Chairman of Hibs
CEO of Hibs

Well said. When you try to do it all and fail there is nobody between you and the problem. In any profession you walk or a gently nudged to pursue other interests. I think its called professional integrity

Deansy
09-06-2014, 04:37 AM
I love what I've heard from Leeann Dempster so far. She speaks volumes of sense and clearly has a direction she wants to move towards. I believe what she says and she has done more than Rod and co. In the space of a week than they have in 7 years.

Thing is, I'm pro #PetrieOut, I believe he has totally overstayed his welcome and overseen far to match mediocrity over his tenure. However, Leeann speaks passionately about the control she has, the notes from Pretty Boy (many thanks, btw!) cement this further.

Do any other supporters feel caught between a rock and hard place. I was never going back at the start of the week, In a short space of time (and as reality sets in and my love for all things Hibs!) I find myself warming to Dempster and wanting to blindly back the club.

I see both sides of the coin and sit somewhere in the middle!

I agree, so far LD, going by various forums, has impressed a lot of the fans and so the negativity most feel has been diluted - which is ideal for RP. Or is it exactly the result of his (Alleged) 'Divide and Conquer' tactics ?. I'm sorry, I do like LD and I hope and pray she does great, but for too long now, this board has treated us with nothing but sheer contempt and scorn and I can't see one person changing that attitude in under a week - it'll take more than just words before my trust/faith is restored in our club.

Libby Hibby
09-06-2014, 07:48 AM

Director of HFC Holdings
Deputy VP of SFA or SPFL
Chairman of Hibs
CEO of Hibs

I couldn't of summed it up better myself.

We put.

I want to give Leeann a fair crack in her new role, time will tell with her appointment. Petrie, I'm afraid, it's time to leave our club for good. We have all had enough of your reign at the helm.

Saorsa
09-06-2014, 08:00 AM
But it's not just the chairman who decides, it's the entire board (of which she may become part). The board are effectively appointed by STF...and what have the board gone along with so far? Everything petrie wanted tae dae? She'll be the only new member if she's appointed tae the board, the rest are still the same and may continue tae act the same. Yes rod :agree: and as chairman he'll probably still have the casting vote tae decide things his way in the event of a tie, and that being the case he still has way too much say. Any say is too much IMO, we've been doing things his way and look where that has gotten us. He needs tae go and hopefully some of those still there will also go, particularly the one who came out the other day who backed petrie's continued presence because he's obviously one of the nodding dogs, the name escapes me at the moment.

number 27
09-06-2014, 09:46 AM
I believe Dempster when she says she is making the decisions right now but unfortunately that is not enough.

We know she cannot sack Petrie but can Petrie sack her? Imo he could do that at any point.

We are being asked to take it on trust that Rod will not, at any time, put himself back into the picture in terms of running the club and I for one don't trust him not to put his oar back in at some point. To remove this potential problem he simply has to go.

Caversham Green
09-06-2014, 09:56 AM
I believe Dempster when she says she is making the decisions right now but unfortunately that is not enough.

We know she cannot sack Petrie but can Petrie sack her? Imo he could do that at any point.

We are being asked to take it on trust that Rod will not, at any time, put himself back into the picture in terms of running the club and I for one don't trust him not to put his oar back in at some point. To remove this potential problem he simply has to go.

No, Petrie can't sack LD off his own back.

number 27
09-06-2014, 10:01 AM

I know that, but he has an owner who thinks the sun shines out of him and a board which has never exactly appeared strong minded. it seems to me that he still sits in a very strong position, is that not fair comment?

Caversham Green
09-06-2014, 10:11 AM
I know that, but he has an owner who thinks the sun shines out of him and a board which has never exactly appeared strong minded. it seems to me that he still sits in a very strong position, is that not fair comment?

It's certainly how most seem to perceive the situation, but the fact remains that if LD was to be sacked the action would be taken by either the board as a whole or the majority shareholder. Rod Petrie only has one vote in seven on the board, if the rest of them are as supine as you think then you should be directing your anger towards them.

number 27
09-06-2014, 10:17 AM
It's certainly how most seem to perceive the situation, but the fact remains that if LD was to be sacked the action would be taken by either the board as a whole or the majority shareholder. Rod Petrie only has one vote in seven on the board, if the rest of them are as supine as you think then you should be directing your anger towards them.

Dont worry, I'm angry with them too :agree:

Turkish Green
09-06-2014, 10:30 AM
Correct. LD reports to the Board of Directors not RP. It would need to be a majority vote by the Board to sack LD. While it would need the shareholders at AGM to vote on the appointment of directors or to remove RP, unless he resigned (fat chance).

number 27
09-06-2014, 10:57 AM
Correct. LD reports to the Board of Directors not RP. It would need to be a majority vote by the Board to sack LD. While it would need the shareholders at AGM to vote on the appointment of directors or to remove RP, unless he resigned (fat chance).

That was my point, who would our board of directors back based on their past record do you think? can you see them defying Petrie and Farmer if Rod decides he wants Dempster out and himself back in?

Saorsa
09-06-2014, 11:26 AM
It's certainly how most seem to perceive the situation, but the fact remains that if LD was to be sacked the action would be taken by either the board as a whole or the majority shareholder. Rod Petrie only has one vote in seven on the board, if the rest of them are as supine as you think then you should be directing your anger towards them.Baldy Foghorn made a point the other day that he didnae trust any of them either and I tend tae go along with that, if they backed the plans/decisions that have taken us tae this place then I'd have nae problem with seeing any of them out the door as well because that makes them little better than petrie having watched this develop and done nothing if indeed we really have a proper democratic board. He'd probably just have found a way (with the help of farmer if needed) tae get rid of anybody who kept obstructing him.

CropleyWasGod
09-06-2014, 11:29 AM
Baldy Foghorn made a point the other day that he didnae trust any of them either and I tend tae go along with that, if they backed the plans that have taken us tae this place then I'd have nae problem with seeing any of them out the door as well because that makes them little better than petrie.

Who would you replace them with, though?

Ultimately, any replacements would be STF's choice, which wouldn't solve the perceived problem for many.

Caversham Green
09-06-2014, 11:53 AM
Baldy Foghorn made a point the other day that he didnae trust any of them either and I tend tae go along with that, if they backed the plans/decisions that have taken us tae this place then I'd have nae problem with seeing any of them out the door as well because that makes them little better than petrie having watched this develop and done nothing if indeed we really have a proper democratic board. He'd probably just have found a way (with the help of farmer if needed) tae get rid of anybody who kept obstructing him.

I asked this question on another thread - What is it that you think the board are trying to do that makes you distrust them? What do you think their motives are?

In the main they are successful and driven in their chosen fields and Hibs fans themselves. As a Hibs fan myself, of only moderate success and absolutely no drive, if I was on the board I would vote for the stuff I agreed with and against the stuff I disagreed with. If I found myself constantly outvoted by a clique I would resign and make public my reasons for doing so. No doubt the vast majority of Hibs supporters would have a similar attitude so what makes you think the current directors turn into nodding dogs when they walk through the boardroom door at ER?

Saorsa
09-06-2014, 04:33 PM
I asked this question on another thread - What is it that you think the board are trying to do that makes you distrust them? What do you think their motives are?

In the main they are successful and driven in their chosen fields and Hibs fans themselves. As a Hibs fan myself, of only moderate success and absolutely no drive, if I was on the board I would vote for the stuff I agreed with and against the stuff I disagreed with. If I found myself constantly outvoted by a clique I would resign and make public my reasons for doing so. No doubt the vast majority of Hibs supporters would have a similar attitude so what makes you think the current directors turn into nodding dogs when they walk through the boardroom door at ER?What they are/were trying tae dae is of nae consequence, what they have done is. Where we are now is where these people have taken us, whether by virtue of either being yes men or really actually agreeing with and voting accordingly on the direction this club has taken. Either way they have failed and failed miserably. Surely efter 7 seasons on the way down some or all of them must have seen the decisions being made were taking us in the wrong direction. Efter where we have ended up now why dae you think I or anybody else that disnae, should in fact trust them tae lead us out of it? Efter 7 seasons of decline I'm sure you'll excuse myself and others if we remain unconvinced and sceptical of the far reaching changes this club will apparently be undertaking, under the direction of this board appointed by Farmer/petrie and chaired by petrie. Why should we trust any of these people tae get it right when they've already gotten it so spectacularly wrong?

147lothian
10-06-2014, 01:09 AM
Baldy Foghorn made a point the other day that he didnae trust any of them either and I tend tae go along with that, if they backed the plans/decisions that have taken us tae this place then I'd have nae problem with seeing any of them out the door as well because that makes them little better than petrie having watched this develop and done nothing if indeed we really have a proper democratic board. He'd probably just have found a way (with the help of farmer if needed) tae get rid of anybody who kept obstructing him.

I agree too, from the absent owner, who is not interested in football, to the people appointed, they all seem like spiv's, from the accountant to look after his investment down, there is a divide between these people and people who truly have the best interests of the club at heart

Caversham Green
10-06-2014, 05:50 AM
What they are/were trying tae dae is of nae consequence, what they have done is. Where we are now is where these people have taken us, whether by virtue of either being yes men or really actually agreeing with and voting accordingly on the direction this club has taken. Either way they have failed and failed miserably. Surely efter 7 seasons on the way down some or all of them must have seen the decisions being made were taking us in the wrong direction. Efter where we have ended up now why dae you think I or anybody else that disnae, should in fact trust them tae lead us out of it? Efter 7 seasons of decline I'm sure you'll excuse myself and others if we remain unconvinced and sceptical of the far reaching changes this club will apparently be undertaking, under the direction of this board appointed by Farmer/petrie and chaired by petrie. Why should we trust any of these people tae get it right when they've already gotten it so spectacularly wrong?

I haven't seen Baldy Foghorn's post so can't comment on that, but my question wasn't about whether you trust them to do stuff or not, it was to address the idea that some seem to have that they're a bunch of shady crooks with their own ulterior motives. They're not. They're human beings with their own strengths and weaknesses. More importantly, they're hibbies with the same aspirations for the club as the rest of us and I have no doubt that they were just as shattered by relegation as we were.

They've been trying to sort the club out for years - their first fix probably did more harm than good, the process for the current one was started long before relegation was a serious issue and this one looks like the real deal. However she won't succeed unless the fans engage with her and the rest of the board - we need to get away from the 'them and us' divide that some are actively promoting on these threads, it can only harm the club more.

There's not a hope in hell of the entire board resigning unless the club is bought out so we need to accept what we can't change and get on with changing what we can. You and a few others have made it clear you're lost causes but the rest of us have a choice - we can sit on the sidelines whinging and blustering about the past or we can get on with shaping the future of our club. I know which way I want to go.

marinello59
10-06-2014, 06:04 AM
I haven't seen Baldy Foghorn's post so can't comment on that, but my question wasn't about whether you trust them to do stuff or not, it was to address the idea that some seem to have that they're a bunch of shady crooks with their own ulterior motives. They're not. They're human beings with their own strengths and weaknesses. More importantly, they're hibbies with the same aspirations for the club as the rest of us and I have no doubt that they were just as shattered by relegation as we were.

They've been trying to sort the club out for years - their first fix probably did more harm than good, the process for the current one was started long before relegation was a serious issue and this one looks like the real deal. However she won't succeed unless the fans engage with her and the rest of the board - we need to get away from the 'them and us' divide that some are actively promoting on these threads, it can only harm the club more.

There's not a hope in hell of the entire board resigning unless the club is bought out so we need to accept what we can't change and get on with changing what we can. You and a few others have made it clear you're lost causes but the rest of us have a choice - we can sit on the sidelines whinging and blustering about the past or we can get on with shaping the future of our club. I know which way I want to go.

:agree:

flash
10-06-2014, 06:10 AM

Spot on.

Saorsa
10-06-2014, 06:54 AM

There's not a hope in hell of the entire board resigning unless the club is bought out so we need to accept what we can't change and get on with changing what we can. You and a few others have made it clear you're lost causes but the rest of us have a choice - we can sit on the sidelines whinging and blustering about the past or we can get on with shaping the future of our club. I know which way I want to go.Why were you quoting and addressing that tae me then? Can you point out the bit where I called anybody that? Lets see it then! If you cannae why are you asking me that. I called them either yes men (and dinnae tell me such a thing disnae exist in business or the work place environment) and/or said I didnae trust them tae get it right because they already got it spectacularly wrong, their first fix as you call it. Whatever their business before they proven themselves incapble here IMO of running this club. Whether they have gotten or can get it right this time is still up for debate until it happens, what isnae up for debate is the mess they've made already, and the fact that both they and petrie remain despite this mess leaves a bad taste in the mouth as far as I'm concerned. How can folk make such a mess and still remain in place, how many other folk would dae a job that badly and keep it? Personally if I'd made such a **** of anything, I'd apologise and then have the good grace and decency tae walk away from it instead of thinking I'm still the main man who is indespensable. You trust them/him if you want, I'll make up my ain mind thanks but dinnae you point the finger at me or even suggest I was calling anybody things I never. If you want tae ask anybody that question ask whoever said it if anybody actually did.

Caversham Green
10-06-2014, 07:47 AM
Why were you quoting and addressing that tae me then? Can you point out the bit where I called anybody that? Lets see it then! If you cannae why are you asking me that. I called them either yes men (and dinnae tell me such a thing disnae exist in business or the work place environment) and/or said I didnae trust them tae get it right because they already got it spectacularly wrong, their first fix as you call it. Whether they have gotten or can get it right this time is still up for debate until it happens, what isnae up for debate is the mess they've made already, and the fact that both they and petrie remain despite this mess leaves a bad taste in the mouth as far as I'm concerned. How can folk make such a mess and still remain in place, how many other folk would dae a job that badly and keep it? Personally if I'd made such a **** of anything, I'd apologise and then have the good grace and decency tae walk away from it instead of thinking I'm still the main man who is indespesable. You trust them/him if you want, I'll make up my ain mind thanks but dinnae you point the finger at me or even suggest I was calling anybody things I never. If you want tae ask anybody that question ask whoever said it if anybody actually did.

I asked you because you made a comment about trust, you said in your subsequent post that the nature of the trust you were talking about was different from what I was asking about. I made that difference clear enough at the start of my post and then went on to make my point generally. I did not accuse you of calling anyone anything. As for asking someone else, I did that earlier on this very thread and have yet to see a reply.

I feel I've already addressed the rest of your comments as much as I need to.

Saorsa
10-06-2014, 07:51 AM
I asked you because you made a comment about trust, you said in your subsequent post that the nature of the trust you were talking about was different from what I was asking about. I made that difference clear enough at the start of my post and then went on to make my point generally. I did not accuse you of calling anyone anything. As for asking someone else, I did that earlier on this very thread and have yet to see a reply.

I feel I've already addressed the rest of your comments as much as I need to.Then we'll agree tae disagree on who are or aren't the right people tae take this club forward and I guess we'll see in the fullness of time. In the meantime I've seen enough of my money wasted by these people and they'll see nae mair until at the very least the main culprit is out the door.

Ronniekirk
10-06-2014, 08:21 AM

I feel I've already addressed the rest of your comments as much as I need to.

But when Trust breaks down or people feel that someone has had enough chances to put things right and hasn't They rightly don't trust an individual s judgement .Maybe Petrie or collectively The Board has finally got it right with the new changes ,but there has been no Transparency around Board Room decisions and Petries P R or lack of it hasn't helped .He has made a Rod for his own back so to speak .None of the other Board members have a direct link to Sir Tom and that gives him more power. IMO
Already we have seen more Transparency from Leeann in one meeting with Supporters than we have seen from Rod in years .
Think other announcements are on their way in next few weeks and it may be as these are made and we get more clarity around Rods role going forward so people might be willing to see how that goes and change there mind ,but and it's a big BUT Trust gets eroded over a period of time and therefor would take time to re establish that Trust Time is something we don't have
We are hearing nothing from Sir Tom and since Leeann took over the tact will be we will hear nothing from Rod I suspect .So it's hard to see how this Trust Issue gets resolved unless we take it at Face Value and those who want him out won't accept that .
Do agree that we need Resolutions but think this type of confrontation has been coming and it needs to be seen through now to whatever conclusion that is .Only then can we start afresh in whatever form that is

147lothian
10-06-2014, 10:21 AM
The highlighted bit is what I just don't get - that and the 'appease the fans' comment. You don't trust the board? What is it that you think the board are trying to do? Why would they appoint Leeann Dempster - presumably at high cost to their employer - just so they can pull the wool over the supporters eyes? Do you really think they want the club to fail - it's a wee football club ffs, not the mafia - they are not the enemy, they have the same aim as the fans - unless you know otherwise.

Tell me what you think the board's intentions are that makes you distrust them.

Please.

I don't trust the board because they are effectively appointed by STF, who by the way may well have bought his shares in Hibs with the best of intentions but as he has no interest in football and appoints an accountant to look after his investment who makes a pigs ear of things time after time but as he has been given carte blanch power to run things his way by the absent owner, its not a good way to run a football club, I just don't trust any of them, change with pigs ear petrie the only person capable of acting as conduit between club and STF? Is it any surprise, that there is an absence of trust, undermining Colin's when he is out the county, five year plan, Calderwood fiasco etc etc btw where is the 'appease the fans comment'?

CropleyWasGod
10-06-2014, 10:27 AM
I don't trust the board because they are effectively appointed by STF, who by the way may well have bought his shares in Hibs with the best of intentions but as he has no interest in football and appoints an accountant to look after his investment who makes a pigs ear of things time after time but as he has been given carte blanch power to run things his way by the absent owner, its not a good way to run a football club, I just don't trust any of them, change with pigs ear petrie the only person capable of acting as conduit between club and STF? Is it any surprise, that there is an absence of trust, undermining Colin's when he is out the county, five year plan, Calderwood fiasco etc etc btw where is the 'appease the fans comment'?

Presumably, then, you wouldn't be happy if the entire Board left, and were replaced by others who were appointed by STF. That would, in effect, be the same scenario as we have just now.

147lothian
10-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Presumably, then, you wouldn't be happy if the entire Board left, and were replaced by others who were appointed by STF. That would, in effect, be the same scenario as we have just now.

Its time for STF to name his price for his shares or admit that his way of leaving the club to pigs ear petrie to run hasn't worked, its time for a change!

CropleyWasGod
10-06-2014, 11:57 AM
Its time for STF to name his price for his shares or admit that his way of leaving the club to pigs ear petrie to run hasn't worked, its time for a change!

Isn't that what is happening now?

eastcoasthibby
10-06-2014, 01:22 PM
We are in a horrendous position just now (again) .. our club needS us to invest in ST's to get the much needed revenue in to help support the signing of the right quality of players to compete at the highest level we can this year. I view having bought my season tickets as helping the club prepare for the battle that will be next season and separate it from the Petrie situation, which is not going to go away readily and certainly not before the beginning of the season and definitely not before we need to be bringing in the players we need for the season ahead.
Leeann Dempster speaks well and knows her role and agenda for the club, she will not be able to say what she may well like to and is being politically correct and operating under the constraints set by her employers at this time. I believe she will change things drastically over the period, starting with the most pressing priorities which is about getting the management and team ready for the season ahead, the Petrie scenario is nothing she can do anything about at this time.(if at any)
She will, i believe work to the maximum using all the autonomy and authority she has to turn this club around, but like many others, I see having Petrie and most of the Board sitting in their roles as an excessive burden that will counter the progress that she puts forward to them for change.
The Petrie out campaign needs to continue and be maintained alongside the preparation work, can i add that a couple of Board members need to go as well, as they are indeed in my view as culpable as Petrie as they have done nothing to challenge the Petrie regime over so many years !!
In summary, my thinking and position is support the club with what we can just now and help get us best positioned for the forthcoming league season and keep up the pressure and campaign to get Petrie out, ignore him when he is in the behind the goals before games ! refuse to communicate with him if he appears at any events, like Working Together ! anything any opportunity to negate him and his value to the club !!
But support the footballing side now fully !

Caversham Green
10-06-2014, 02:27 PM

The 'appease the fans' comment comes from post #4 on this thread, while your own comments related specifically to the meeting with Leeann Dempster. That gives me the impression that you believe the board (and LD) are deliberately misleading everybody for their own as yet unexplained purposes. If that's not what you intended then you'll have to explain what you did mean.

On second thoughts don't bother on my account - I'm out of this debate. The last paragraph of post #56 applies - I'm looking to the future, you do what you want. Eventually you'll get the club you deserve.

147lothian
10-06-2014, 08:22 PM
Isn't that what is happening now?

Its not happening while we still have petrie in the background acting as conduit between club and STF which is why I want petrie out!

147lothian
11-06-2014, 09:33 AM
Is it true that the petrie must stay people are holding an event at the S&M club? after 7 years of pain, they just say more, more, more!

CropleyWasGod
11-06-2014, 09:56 AM
Is it true that the petrie must stay people are holding an event at the S&M club? after 7 years of pain, they just say more, more, more!

No.