PDA

View Full Version : What did we achieve today?

Gus Fring
07-06-2014, 05:27 PM
#PetrieOut by all accounts had about 2500 Hibs fans which is a good turn out and there's been much mutual back slapping on here and on social media. Petrie hasn't said he's going though and Leeann has reiterated it won't be possible. Do we think he will go?

Whilst all this was going on there were meetings with Leeann but I've yet to see a summary of these meetings? Is that still to come later in the form of some sort of official statement or summary from either those in attendance or the club?

I'm not baiting anyone here, just looks to me like 2500 people stood about in the at park for a few hours and that's it. Would like to know all this effort and arguing with each other was worth it.

DaveF
07-06-2014, 05:34 PM
I would imagine the WT group (or groups) will give out information in some form of the meeting with Dempster unless there was a request to keep it all private? Time will tell on that one.

As for the demo, I've no idea what will happen next. Clearly - as indicated at the demo - Kane will request a meeting with the board to further the aim of removing Petrie. With a couple of thousand backing him, he has enough support for Dempster to take him seriously and I hope she does. The whole thing might fall apart or it might actually succeed. I'm proud to have been there and done a small part to try and rid HFC of a man who has been in charge throughout the fall of our once good club.

As for your last point - who is arguing with who?

Gus Fring
07-06-2014, 05:37 PM
I would imagine the WT group (or groups) will give out information in some form of the meeting with Dempster unless there was a request to keep it all private? Time will tell on that one.

As for the demo, I've no idea what will happen next. Clearly - as indicated at the demo - Kane will request a meeting with the board to further the aim of removing Petrie. With a couple of thousand backing him, he has enough support for Dempster to take him seriously and I hope she does. The whole thing might fall apart or it might actually succeed. I'm proud to have been there and done a small part to try and rid HFC of a man who has been in charge throughout the fall of our once good club.

Plenty of heated debates on here recently.

Leeann isn't able to do anything about Rod, the only people who can make the decision are Rod and Sir Tom. The board might be able to vote him out but I don't know for sure.

DaveF
07-06-2014, 05:43 PM

Leeann isn't able to do anything about Rod, the only people who can make the decision are Rod and Sir Tom. The board might be able to vote him out but I don't know for sure.

A group of posters on here with opposing views isn't representative of the Hibernian support as a whole is it, so we can cast that aside.

I've said it already, that no-one knows where this will go, but if more fans got behind it then it might just succeed. Petrie needs to wake up to the fact that his continued presence at HFC is wrong and is causing harm. 2000+ felt strongly enough to turn up in support of that.

hibeeleicester
07-06-2014, 05:50 PM
Nothing at all. He won't go.

marinello59
07-06-2014, 05:52 PM

If the pressure continues to be applied he will.

Pete
07-06-2014, 05:53 PM
Today showed that there is a large element of the support who want Petrie out completely. The presence of club legends also demonstrated that this isn't a mickey mouse mob who are overreacting. It must give the board food for thought and if Dempster is suggesting ways to bring unity then this must be discussed.

I'm not fussed myself if he stays but if one man's presence in a token role is causing so much discontent then...

lord bunberry
07-06-2014, 05:54 PM

Rubbish, he will go if enough pressure is put on him. If dictators can be forced out in civil wars then a guy like Petrie can be forced out.

DaveF
07-06-2014, 05:54 PM

That's a possibility and if you are happy with that, then fair enough.

2000+ others had an alternative view today and desperately want a change for the better at our club. I'm hoping he sees sense and goes.

DaveF
07-06-2014, 05:55 PM
Today showed that there is a large element of the support who want Petrie out completely. The presence of club legends also demonstrated that this isn't a mickey mouse mob who are overreacting. It must give the board food for thought and if Dempster is suggesting ways to bring unity then this must be discussed.

I'm not fussed myself if he stays but if one man's presence in a token role is causing so much discontent then...

Good comments :agree:

It's all about pressure, which is why its imperative this continues until he is out.

BoltonHibee
07-06-2014, 05:57 PM
Rubbish, he will go if enough pressure is put on him. If dictators can be forced out in civil wars then a guy like Petrie can be forced out.

Why would he go?

hibeeleicester
07-06-2014, 06:03 PM
That's a possibility and if you are happy with that, then fair enough.

2000+ others had an alternative view today and desperately want a change for the better at our club. I'm hoping he sees sense and goes.

Not happy with that at all. I'm just being realistic, LD needs Petrie to start with. That's simple.

To quote LD on the Petrie out campaign, it's a "simplistic view".

It's not a case of Petrie getting chucked out then everything is ok again. Give LD time, she said herself that she is in control. I believe her so that's that.

Ronniekirk
07-06-2014, 06:07 PM

Good post Dave.

Today was about showing there was support out there that care about our club and think the time is right for a Petrie to move on .I don't think anyone there expects him to walk away and the fore this is just the start .Had only a few hundred turned up today it would be over as there would have been no mandate fmom the fans .

On radio later in the day Lee Ann stated she heard the demonstration when she was at those meetings referred to by poster .We al know the party line will be Lee Ann has had all executive power handed over to her and Petrie won't interfere with that .However she did acknowledge today more openly that she recognises some fans don't believe Petrie will be able to stop meddling ( my words not hers ) Sp today has achieved that first important goal of letting the Board and Sir Tom Farmer know that there is a serious and substantial backing at grass roots level .am sur everyone there today knew someone else that couldn't make it .So nots not undermine what we have started here.
Kano made it clear there will now be further talks with key people and we need to see what that brings .i would hope that in the interests of unity going forward there will be an acknowledgement possibly privately to Kano and whoever else is at these talks that there is a willingness to look at a way Petrie can be bought out and a time frame set for this which mY even have to be the end of this season but no later.( and preferably a lot sooner )

His. Conduit role needs clarified so whoever is doing the negotiating can determine if this no executive role is needed and if so who else could full fill it .Ater a certain hand over period to me it's a complete red herring .

In the meantime Lee Ann will offer more fan representation and provide forums to hear our views and dangle the carrot of Fan representation on the Board She did that at Motherwell .However like it or not a Rod appointed Hera d at this early stage she won't be ruthless and come out on our side She knows she has to be the conduit between us fans and Petrie and try and keep both sides sweet ..

So we need to be in this for the long haul however long it takes or face the consequence of giving the Power back to a Rod and waiting on him getting that S F A post he covets .The question is are we prepared to let him and the clear answer today was no ..

Keep the faith ,Together we can bring about change .

DaveF
07-06-2014, 06:09 PM
Not happy with that at all. I'm just being realistic, LD needs Petrie to start with. That's simple.

It's not a case of Petrie getting chucked out then everything is ok again. Give LD time, she said herself that she is in control. I believe her so that's that.

I imagine that was before 2000+ people were outside the west stand chanting for Petrie to go or was it said this afternoon?

I'm right behind Dempster but for everyone to get fully behind the club Petrie needs to leave. It's that simple.

Ronniekirk
07-06-2014, 06:15 PM
Nothing at all. He won't go..
He won't go without a fight and if it's left to people with defeatist views he won't go .
Thankfully people who care about the club got behind this today Together we are stronger and at least will make people sit up and take notice and cause them to think . would far rather be part of that cause than sit back and do nothing .But if you think he has a vital role to play in the club going forward then it's your opinion and your entitled to it ,but no need on a day
which has been a success to immediately come on and be so negative IMO

Turkish Green
07-06-2014, 06:18 PM
I recall in the years BR (before Romanov) when the yams were trying to get rid of Chris Robinson, it took direct action against him and his businesses to get him to move. Despite the protests,Robinson would not resign as he wanted to keep his place on the SFA gravy train. Even when Foulkes and Vlad came along, Robinson tried to maintain his perks.

What I see here is RP using LD as a buffer while he takes a back seat while keeping his SFA blazer and associated perks, and his hands on the ER purse strings.

Apart from showing how many supporters are unhappy with Petrie's stewardship of the club, I doubt today's rally achieved anything meaningful. For me, Petrie can keep his 10% shares but STF's pet accountant must be forced out of the boardroom. His sell-by date has truly passed.

PETRIE OUT

Ronniekirk
07-06-2014, 06:19 PM

Fine that's your opinion but to quote your quote some may say yours is a simplistic view

Pete
07-06-2014, 06:24 PM
Fine that's your opinion but to quote your quote some may say yours is a simplistic view

I agree with LD and the poster in that it is a simplistic view.

It is however, a view held by a large percentage of the support, which IS the club and is the main source of income.

It can then be argued that things become very simple: the customer is always right.

Ronniekirk
07-06-2014, 06:28 PM
I agree with LD and the poster in that it is a simplistic view.

It is however, a view held by a large percentage of the support, which IS the club and is the main source of income.

It can then be argued that things become very simple: the customer is always right.

:thumbsup::flag:

Onion
07-06-2014, 06:30 PM
When Petrie appointed LD, he probably thought that would be enough to appease the fans. But he didn't factor in relegation. That has moved the goalposts. If enough pressure is applied, LD will be forced to go to STF and/or the Board and propose Petrie stands down for the sake of the club and to give her a chance to do get job.

This is simply a battle of wills between a man who has no shame and the Hibs fans. If neither backs down then only further damage will be done to the club. The question then is, how much damage is Petrie prepared to heap on the club in order to stay in the chair ? If as he says all decisions are now with LD and he is only a conduit between Borad and STF, why is he determined to hang on? It makes zero sense, so again we are left with no option but to distrust Petrie's motives and word.

Peevemor
07-06-2014, 06:34 PM
Good post Dave.

Today was about showing there was support out there that care about our club and think the time is right for a Petrie to move on .I don't think anyone there expects him to walk away and the fore this is just the start .Had only a few hundred turned up today it would be over as there would have been no mandate fmom the fans .

On radio later in the day Lee Ann stated she heard the demonstration when she was at those meetings referred to by poster .We al know the party line will be Lee Ann has had all executive power handed over to her and Petrie won't interfere with that .However she did acknowledge today more openly that she recognises some fans don't believe Petrie will be able to stop meddling ( my words not hers ) Sp today has achieved that first important goal of letting the Board and Sir Tom Farmer know that there is a serious and substantial backing at grass roots level .am sur everyone there today knew someone else that couldn't make it .So nots not undermine what we have started here.
Kano made it clear there will now be further talks with key people and we need to see what that brings .i would hope that in the interests of unity going forward there will be an acknowledgement possibly privately to Kano and whoever else is at these talks that there is a willingness to look at a way Petrie can be bought out and a time frame set for this which mY even have to be the end of this season but no later.( and preferably a lot sooner )

His. Conduit role needs clarified so whoever is doing the negotiating can determine if this no executive role is needed and if so who else could full fill it .Ater a certain hand over period to me it's a complete red herring .

In the meantime Lee Ann will offer more fan representation and provide forums to hear our views and dangle the carrot of Fan representation on the Board She did that at Motherwell .However like it or not a Rod appointed Hera d at this early stage she won't be ruthless and come out on our side She knows she has to be the conduit between us fans and Petrie and try and keep both sides sweet ..

So we need to be in this for the long haul however long it takes or face the consequence of giving the Power back to a Rod and waiting on him getting that S F A post he covets .The question is are we prepared to let him and the clear answer today was no ..

Keep the faith ,Together we can bring about change .

Sorry but I think you're being a bit naive. The club doesn't "need" to clarify RP's conduit role any more than it already has. Kano & co. may well be seeking a further meeting but they've already had their answer.

I think we can expect some fairly important announcements in the next couple of weeks as LD starts to implement her plans in addition to, hopefully, some decent signings.

Football supporters are fickle and I can see active support for the campaign dwindling if the summer turns out to be as productive as we all hope.

If, however, LD hints that she's being hindered by interference from RP, I'll start the next campaign myself.

theonlywayisup
07-06-2014, 06:36 PM
#PetrieOut by all accounts had about 2500 Hibs fans which is a good turn out and there's been much mutual back slapping on here and on social media. Petrie hasn't said he's going though and Leeann has reiterated it won't be possible. Do we think he will go?

Whilst all this was going on there were meetings with Leeann but I've yet to see a summary of these meetings? Is that still to come later in the form of some sort of official statement or summary from either those in attendance or the club?

I'm not baiting anyone here, just looks to me like 2500 people stood about in the at park for a few hours and that's it. Would like to know all this effort and arguing with each other was worth it.

You know what! I firmly believe that Rod will still be lurking in the background until STD decides to sell up. So does that mean that the protest is a failure.

No! No! No! Whether Petrie goes or not, today showed how much the Hibs fans love their club. It shows that we will not accept mediocrity anymore. We have to use this negative to build a better future. We.......the fans, the board, the players, the manager need to work together to build that better future. The fans have and always will "stand up and be counted". Now it is up to the board to do the same.

Whether Rod is there or not is not important to me. I would rather he is gone. But today was a fantastic demonstration of how passionate Hibs fans are about their club.

Onion
07-06-2014, 06:37 PM
He won't go without a fight and if it's left to people with defeatist views he won't go .
Thankfully people who care about the club got behind this today Together we are stronger and at least will make people sit up and take notice and cause them to think . would far rather be part of that cause than sit back and do nothing .But if you think he has a vital role to play in the club going forward then it's your opinion and your entitled to it ,but no need on a day
which has been a success to immediately come on and be so negative IMO

If LD supports Petrie and he refuses to go, the next stage is to escalate the pressure.

down-the-slope
07-06-2014, 06:39 PM

Eh no - its a Private company with 2 major shareholders who appoint the board and could if they so chose remove and replace all of them.

southsider
07-06-2014, 06:41 PM
Why would he go?
If we think about this in business terms for a large core of your customers who say that they shall not buy the product whilst the chairman remains then for the good of the business then chairman must step down. Perhaps we need some shareholders to bring about a motion of no confidence in Petrie. If antone on here can tell me the proper way then i would gladly do it.

H18sry
07-06-2014, 06:42 PM
IMO, Petrie will not go anywhere as long as Sir Tom is in control of us, Petrie wants the top job at the SFA and he will only get that if he is affiliated to a club, and that is why he is handing over the reigns to LD. He will just be sitting in the back ground until the SFA job comes along. :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
07-06-2014, 06:43 PM
The achievement of today if nothing else was to show the doubters out there that there is support for the cause of removing Petrie from Easter Road, 2000 certainly wasn't an underestimation. I drove up from Gala to attend because I think this needs to be done.

Unfortunately I don't think today's events will have any affect on Rod Petrie or Tom Farmer for that matter ....... I seriously think that, certainly in Petrie's opinion, the fans are just a bunch of imbeciles whose opinion means nothing.

That from my point of view is why STF is as much a part of the problem as Petrie ...... He supports him because he keeps the clubs finances under a tight rein. Don't get me wrong, he knows relegation is a bad thing but it doesn't affect him like it does us. Because of that he wont be bothered if it takes the club 10 years to get back to the Premiership so long as he doesn't need to put his own money into the playing side and his muse doesn't take any risks, which he can be 100% sure he wont. The idea that Petrie going will bring unity to the club and be a signal to the support that we are serious about a new direction just doesn't seem to register with him at all.

That is also why the introduction of Leeann Dempster is going to end up a missed opportunity. I get the feeling she could be a real asset, but any request for extra finance .... no matter how good a case she makes for it .... will be put to Petrie who will take it to Farmer, they will have a good laugh about it and then Petrie will go back to Leeann and say "sorry hen, ah did ma best but ye ken what he's like"

In this scenario all I can see is stagnation with Leeann desperately trying to rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Borderhibbie76
07-06-2014, 06:46 PM
You know what! I firmly believe that Rod will still be lurking in the background until STD decides to sell up. So does that mean that the protest is a failure.

No! No! No! Whether Petrie goes or not, today showed how much the Hibs fans love their club. It shows that we will not accept mediocrity anymore. We have to use this negative to build a better future. We.......the fans, the board, the players, the manager need to work together to build that better future. The fans have and always will "stand up and be counted". Now it is up to the board to do the same.

Whether Rod is there or not is not important to me. I would rather he is gone. But today was a fantastic demonstration of how passionate Hibs fans are about their club.

Spot on mate...it was a defiant coming together of people both fans and ex players who care deeply about our club and its current predicament. Whether it ultimately works who knows but Petrie would be ill advised to either ignore and/or underestimate fan power!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ronniekirk
07-06-2014, 06:49 PM
Sorry but I think you're being a bit naive. The club doesn't "need" to clarify RP's conduit role any more than it already has. Kano & co. may well be seeking a further meeting but they've already had their answer.

I think we can expect some fairly important announcements in the next couple of weeks as LD starts to implement her plans in addition to, hopefully, some decent signings.

Football supporters are fickle and I can see active support for the campaign dwindling if the summer turns out to be as productive as we all hope.

If, however, LD hints that she's being hindered by interference from RP, I'll start the next campaign myself.
No need to be sorry and no offence taken ,hope you are right about important announcements and decent signings . I still think there is some mileage in this campaign yet though .

Peevemor
07-06-2014, 06:59 PM
No need to be sorry and no offence taken ,hope you are right about important announcements and decent signings . I still think there is some mileage in this campaign yet though .

:aok:

Hibercelona
07-06-2014, 07:09 PM
The achievement of today if nothing else was to show the doubters out there that there is support for the cause of removing Petrie from Easter Road, 2000 certainly wasn't an underestimation. I drove up from Gala to attend because I think this needs to be done.

Unfortunately I don't think today's events will have any affect on Rod Petrie or Tom Farmer for that matter ....... I seriously think that, certainly in Petrie's opinion, the fans are just a bunch of imbeciles whose opinion means nothing.

That from my point of view is why STF is as much a part of the problem as Petrie ...... He supports him because he keeps the clubs finances under a tight rein. Don't get me wrong, he knows relegation is a bad thing but it doesn't affect him like it does us. Because of that he wont be bothered if it takes the club 10 years to get back to the Premiership so long as he doesn't need to put his own money into the playing side and his muse doesn't take any risks, which he can be 100% sure he wont. The idea that Petrie going will bring unity to the club and be a signal to the support that we are serious about a new direction just doesn't seem to register with him at all.

That is also why the introduction of Leeann Dempster is going to end up a missed opportunity. I get the feeling she could be a real asset, but any request for extra finance .... no matter how good a case she makes for it .... will be put to Petrie who will take it to Farmer, they will have a good laugh about it and then Petrie will go back to Leeann and say "sorry hen, ah did ma best but ye ken what he's like"

In this scenario all I can see is stagnation with Leeann desperately trying to rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic.

:top marks

My thoughts exactly. We will never move forward with those 2 at the top. We can't move forward with those 2 at the top, because their heads don't roll like the fans does.

Relegation will mean nothing to them if they can keep the balance sheets balanced. Thats their 1 and only concern.

Peevemor
07-06-2014, 07:20 PM

My thoughts exactly. We will never move forward with those 2 at the top. We can't move forward with those 2 at the top, because their heads don't roll like the fans does.

Relegation will mean nothing to them if they can keep the balance sheets balanced. Thats their 1 and only concern.

Utter nonsense!

lord bunberry
07-06-2014, 08:04 PM
Why would he go?

I would hope he would have some professional pride and resigned after the Hamilton game, failing that he should have been emptied the next day, worst hibs manager ever FACT

1987kev
07-06-2014, 08:12 PM
The horse has already bolted nae point shutting the gate now, should have happened after the calderwood carry on, we're down getting him out now doesn't change that he's no charge anymore. The only way he will leave is if it the fans stop paying in my opinion will not happen hibs will always have a good enough support to kept making money. What I'm thinking is how many of 2000 actually go to the game on regular basis and how many are going boycott game?

BoltonHibee
07-06-2014, 08:44 PM
I would hope he would have some professional pride and resigned after the Hamilton game, failing that he should have been emptied the next day, worst hibs manager ever FACT

I thought you were talking about RP before, sorry.

Both should go, but neither seem to have any integrity or professional pride

Joe's ice cream
08-06-2014, 12:42 AM
From my point of view I hope today has produced very little, I'm very much in the Petrie must stay camp ( one of that 5% lot) as I think a proper and controlled hand over is required rather than a knee jerk reaction to circumstances as recently presented

StokePogesHibs
08-06-2014, 01:38 AM
Why would he go?

Someone once used the phrase 'sporting integrity' well this is 'professional integrity'.

1. As CEO he is accountable and has presided over significant value erosion of the Hibernian club driven by manager change and ultimately relegation. With the arguably the 4th best resources Hibs were relegated behind a number of clubs with less at their disposal.

2. If, as rumored, Pat Fenlon got a payoff when the team was in 7th position, then he exposed the club to extra costs to pay off and recruit the new management team.

3. Having incurred these costs he then provided little funds to the new management team in January.

4. Having effectively mandated new management to work within existing resources, he did not act quickly enough to reprimand the manager for telling the squad too early that they would not be in his plans going forward before league safety was assured. Their form went downhill quicker than an Alpine skier.

5.Statements following relegation were defensive, divisive, and alienated a significant proportion of Hibs most important asset....Its fans.

I do acknowledge his stewardship, through rough financial times for Scottish Football, and the transformation of the infrastructure at Hibs. His part in the club history is assured. The longer he hangs on, the more it gets tarnished. Time to do the right thing.

Booked4Being-Ugly
08-06-2014, 01:45 AM
He needs to move on for this club to move forward.

AFKA5814_Hibs
08-06-2014, 04:05 AM
There were 2000 + Hibs fans who were angry with relegation today and want change. Petrie and Farmer are NOT fans. We need fans in the boardroom people that actually care for the club.

Peevemor
08-06-2014, 07:25 AM
There were 2000 + Hibs fans who were angry with relegation today and want change. Petrie and Farmer are NOT fans. We need fans in the boardroom people that actually care for the club.

You honestly think that after all these years of involvement, they don't care for the club?

Weir7
08-06-2014, 07:29 AM
You honestly think that after all these years of involvement, they don't care for the club?

They don't care. After 2012 cup final Farmer promised we wouldn't get embarrassed again.

Another false promise.

Peevemor
08-06-2014, 07:33 AM
They don't care. After 2012 cup final Farmer promised we wouldn't get embarrassed again.

Another false promise.

Do you think he was sincere at the time?

hibbydog
08-06-2014, 07:55 AM

Agree. And for this reason I think the protests are missing a trick my solely targeting Petrie. He works under, and is answerable to, Tom FArmer. If we get rid of Petrie and not farmer, I fear it will make little difference.

Tom Farmer by his own admission isn't interested in football. He won't invest for sporting success, and it's fairly clear that investing in a football team ain't going to make him much in return. Is it not time he sold the club to someone who's in it for the football?!

Easier said than done but.

Interested to hear why nothing much has been voiced against Farmer?

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-06-2014, 09:50 AM
I think that LD has been forced onto the front foot very quickly, and that is no bad thing. Even though she has been talking using fairly broad brush strokes, I think that is also fine. What I haven't picked up on so clearly, is what RP's roles and responsibilities are now going to be. If LD, gets full control, then he comes in once a month to pick up his wages?

jacomo
08-06-2014, 09:56 AM
Do you think he was sincere at the time?

Good intentions are not enough. If they were PF would have won us that Cup.

I thank Rod for his rebuilding of the infrastructure and have never doubted his intentions, but still think it's time for him to move on.

garlic
08-06-2014, 10:01 AM
In answer to the OP I think nothing was achieved today. Dempster has done very well and the get Petrie out protest has taken a big hit. LD has moved a lot of support for Petrie out over to support the team and give her time to put her plans in action. The only way Petrie was going was if money stopped flowing onto the club but LD would have then been able to say the fans were holding back progress.

DaveF
08-06-2014, 10:04 AM
In answer to the OP I think nothing was achieved today. Dempster has done very well and the get Petrie out protest has taken a big hit. LD has moved a lot of support for Petrie out over to support the team and give her time to put her plans in action. The only way Petrie was going was if money stopped flowing onto the club but LD would have then been able to say the fans were holding back progress. I would think PK's pub and the Sunnyside done a lot more business than a normal non match day so Mike and Paul did achieve something

No one can really take you seriously with a cheap dig like that.

Crass and uncalled for.

NAE NOOKIE
08-06-2014, 10:09 AM
The horse has already bolted nae point shutting the gate now, should have happened after the calderwood carry on, we're down getting him out now doesn't change that he's no charge anymore. The only way he will leave is if it the fans stop paying in my opinion will not happen hibs will always have a good enough support to kept making money. What I'm thinking is how many of 2000 actually go to the game on regular basis and how many are going boycott game?

I would take a guess that of the 2000 who turned up the vast majority are regular fans. Having said that, you don't have to be a regular to love the club and care about what happens to it, many cant be regulars for a number of reasons .

I don't know how many times the leaders of the Petrie out campaign have to state that they are not backing or encouraging any sort of fans boycott of games .... that was said again from the stage yesterday. That aint to say some individual fans wont, that's their right, but I for one wish they wouldn't.

As for the horse having bolted ..... the last time I looked it was peeking over the stable door eating a muckle bag of oats.

garlic
08-06-2014, 10:09 AM
Your probably right. Does that help?

DaveF
08-06-2014, 10:14 AM
Your probably right. Does that help?

Not really.

For example, how many of the Petrie Out campaign have moved over? You say a big hit - on what basis do you make that claim?

I was at the demo yesterday and I like what LD said. I still want Petrie out.

bobbyhibs1983
08-06-2014, 10:18 AM
If the pressure continues to be applied he will.

The only pressure I feel he will be under is IF(and it is a bit IF) season tickets drop below a very low level(whatever number THAT would be i dont know)
I have seen alot of posts and stuff about people are gonna renew no matter what sorta thing and thats fantastic.Bottomg line is everyone who buys a season ticket(and can afford it) is backing the team and well to be frank, you back everyone at hibs, thats from the top to the bottom, you take hibs as a package.Of course that is IMO.

garlic
08-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Not really.

For example, how many of the Petrie Out campaign have moved over? You say a big hit - on what basis do you make that claim?

I was at the demo yesterday and I like what LD said. I still want Petrie out.

Going by the comments I have read since last night i get the impression that the passion to remove Petrie has waned somewhat and been replaced with an optimism for the way ahead re what LD has said. I have no doubt PK will want to continue with the campaign but am not sure he will be able to take the other main fan groups with him this time.

NAE NOOKIE
08-06-2014, 11:14 AM

On an intellectual level I'm sure they do. But I don't think the do on an emotional level and because of that, yes they can sympathise with the fans who were at Hampden in 2012 and 2013 or at the Malmo game or watched us crash and burn last season, but they cant empathise with them.

We need an owner who either supports the club like Jack Walker did at Blackburn or Dave Whelan at Wigan. Or an owner with an ego the size of a planet ( I.E. most of them ) who sees the clubs failure on the field as a terrible reflection on himself. In either case these guys will go into their pocket to directly finance the playing side.

Unfortunately we have neither and so the club will exist on what it generates ...... That hasn't worked out on the park for years now and as a result crowds have dropped and ST sales ( which have only held up because of being linked to cup final tickets ) will now dip badly. Less money for the player budget = worse players = more on field misery = no promotion next season. That could lead to years in the erse end of the game unless we get lucky with Bucher's signings. I know he turned up 'a few gems' at ICT ...... but now he needs to find about 6 or 7 who can hit the ground running all at the same time in the next few weeks.

We need an owner who is passionate about the clubs 'on field' fortunes at this point.

NAE NOOKIE
08-06-2014, 11:25 AM
Going by the comments I have read since last night i get the impression that the passion to remove Petrie has waned somewhat and been replaced with an optimism for the way ahead re what LD has said. I have no doubt PK will want to continue with the campaign but am not sure he will be able to take the other main fan groups with him this time.

Like a lot of folk I was impressed with LDs approach to the meeting and what she had to say. But as far as can see there wasn't much there to suggest things will be improved enough on the pitch to get us back quickly.

Petrie casts a shadow over Easter Road which in my opinion hampers out chances of progress .... he must go.

garlic
08-06-2014, 11:46 AM
Its all very well saying Petrie must go but the question is how. I don't think there is support for non renewal of ST's and in my opinion he wont go unless forced. The only force I think he would heed is if income is affected. I wish I knew the answer.

southsider
08-06-2014, 11:51 AM
I think we need to crank up the pressure. From a pure business viewpoint Mr Petrie's continued involvement in Hibernian Football Club is fast becoming a liability. He is (and Pat will hate me for this !) alienating around 30% of his core customer base. Due to this and the humiliation of relegation would i, as a shareholder, be within my power to call an EGM with a motion of no-confidence in Mr Petrie. If i can do so can someone inform me the best way to do so. Thanking you in anticipation

Peevemor
08-06-2014, 12:01 PM
I think we need to crank up the pressure. From a pure business viewpoint Mr Petrie's continued involvement in Hibernian Football Club is fast becoming a liability. He is (and Pat will hate me for this !) alienating around 30% of his core customer base. Due to this and the humiliation of relegation would i, as a shareholder, be within my power to call an EGM with a motion of no-confidence in Mr Petrie. If i can do so can someone inform me the best way to do so. Thanking you in anticipation

Given that STF & RP hold something like 98% of the shares between them, it'd unfortunately be pretty futile.

southsider
08-06-2014, 12:07 PM
Given that STF & RP hold something like 98% of the shares between them, it'd unfortunately be pretty futile.
Yes i know, but i may win on a show of hands.......Before the card vote. If someone knows, please share or it may be outwith my remit. thamks

boab1875
08-06-2014, 12:32 PM
If LD supports Petrie and he refuses to go, the next stage is to escalate the pressure.

have said it before and i'll say it again. The protest was the first step and it was a great turnout by the fans who still, after everything that's happened, support the club and it showed. Unfortunately it won't have the effect of removing Petrie, only a boycott en masse will. The boycott is the logical next step and people must realise this. If we boycott ST sales then Petrie could be gone by the start of the season at which point we can all go back to supporting the club financially again. We need to hit him with the only currency he understands which is money.

Greenheart
08-06-2014, 12:58 PM
Tin hat on but this Pertie out campaign will go nowhere as without STF removing RP then it won't happen. All this Taking Petrie out the equation and then suddenly Hibs will be winning and challenging at the top of the league is nonsense. What is needed is to let the new CEO do her job and make the changes required and for real Hibs supporters to put their hands in their pockets and buy season tickets to give the manager ( TB of whoever) the funds to buy the best players we can afford.

The he great unwashed from across town supported their team in need and that's what we need to do and get behind the club not wasting time and effort getting behind the lost cause that Kane and Reilly et al are pushing with absolute no direction or idea on what to do that RP won't go.

i have been a Hibee all my life a regular at ER for more than 40 Years and a season holder for 32 years no matter who is in charge I will always support my team both vocally and financially but will not support a group that have no real ideas (the can't tell anyone what they are) or direction.

So what was achieved today nothing the Chairman will stay and Leeann will put into action her plans with sensible input from the fans.

jacomo
08-06-2014, 01:39 PM
have said it before and i'll say it again. The protest was the first step and it was a great turnout by the fans who still, after everything that's happened, support the club and it showed. Unfortunately it won't have the effect of removing Petrie, only a boycott en masse will. The boycott is the logical next step and people must realise this. If we boycott ST sales then Petrie could be gone by the start of the season at which point we can all go back to supporting the club financially again. We need to hit him with the only currency he understands which is money.

No organised boycott. :bye:

lord bunberry
08-06-2014, 03:42 PM
Tin hat on but this Pertie out campaign will go nowhere as without STF removing RP then it won't happen. All this Taking Petrie out the equation and then suddenly Hibs will be winning and challenging at the top of the league is nonsense. What is needed is to let the new CEO do her job and make the changes required and for real Hibs supporters to put their hands in their pockets and buy season tickets to give the manager ( TB of whoever) the funds to buy the best players we can afford.

The he great unwashed from across town supported their team in need and that's what we need to do and get behind the club not wasting time and effort getting behind the lost cause that Kane and Reilly et al are pushing with absolute no direction or idea on what to do that RP won't go.

i have been a Hibee all my life a regular at ER for more than 40 Years and a season holder for 32 years no matter who is in charge I will always support my team both vocally and financially but will not support a group that have no real ideas (the can't tell anyone what they are) or direction.

So what was achieved today nothing the Chairman will stay and Leeann will put into action her plans with sensible input from the fans.

Has anyone suggested that removing Petrie would automatically have us challenging at the top of the league? I also don't understand the argument made by you and a few other posters suggesting that supporting the Petrie out campaign somehow means we won't be supporting the club, I will be doing both.

NAE NOOKIE
08-06-2014, 06:15 PM

Nobody, but nobody in or out of the Petrie out campaign has suggested getting him out will magically transform Hibs on the pitch. What does "real Hibs supporters" mean? ...... I don't support a boycott, but there are a small minority who do ....I would never suggest they were bad supporters, just dyed in the wool Hibbies who have suffered enough in their eyes.

As for using the Yam fans as an example to follow as supporters ...... don't make me laugh mate. We set the gold standard for that 23 years ago and by breaking the season attendance record for the first division the last time we went down. We still got 18,000 home fans for the Hamilton game even after a season of utter pish. Take my word for it, if we need lessons about sticking by our club it sure as hell aint from Gorgie!

As for your last sentence ....... Why would you give up on the war when you have won the first battle.