PDA

View Full Version : Get Pat in the Boardroom!...

Moon unit
07-06-2014, 01:36 PM
Pat Stanton gave a wonderful speech to the masses outside ER today.
His address proved that he holds the beating heart of our club. His presence in the boardroom would ensure that decisions made are for the good of Hibernian FC!
He will not suffer fools gladly and would make sure that the suits on the board don't just consider self interest or deviate from improving the quality within the club from top to bottom!...

Petrie Out!...PADDY IN!..
:flag:

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-06-2014, 02:43 PM
He most certainly didn't miss when talking about last seasons squad, "some of them probably sleep with the light on because they are scared of the dark. My main question is how have we ended up with so many sub standard players?". Must be a killer for guys like him watching the pish we've suffered for years. It's bad enough for us, let alone magnificent players like Pat

Lester B
07-06-2014, 07:11 PM
Had the good fortune to bump into Pat a while after the rally today. Had chatted to him after the Hamilton game through mutual friends and reminded him of that. Was standing there for 10 minutes talking about Hibs stuff, the 45 year old me feeling like the 5 year old me at my first game watching him play. If we are going to regain control of Hibs then it must have some role for Pat. He epitomises what Hibs should be about and will be again

This board is pretty horrible at the moment. Lots of in fighting and bickering. I do know one thing. It's bl**dy obvious to say but needs said.

Pat Stanton is 100 times the man Rod Petrie will ever be.

Jonnyboy
07-06-2014, 07:14 PM
Had the good fortune to bump into Pat a while after the rally today. Had chatted to him after the Hamilton game through mutual friends and reminded him of that. Was standing there for 10 minutes talking about Hibs stuff, the 45 year old me feeling like the 5 year old me at my first game watching him play. If we are going to regain control of Hibs then it must have some role for Pat. He epitomises what Hibs should be about and will be again

This board is pretty horrible at the moment. Lots of in fighting and bickering. I do know one thing. It's bl**dy obvious to say but needs said.

Pat Stanton is 1,000,000 times the man Rod Petrie will ever be.

Fixed that for you :greengrin

Lester B
07-06-2014, 07:47 PM
Fixed that for you :greengrin

Improved that and made it more accurate you mean? :wink:

Jonnyboy
07-06-2014, 07:48 PM
Improved that and made it more accurate you mean? :wink:

:greengrin :aok:

Pat's a true legend and a gentleman. Always happy to chat with fans about his beloved Hibs.

Scouse Hibee
07-06-2014, 07:59 PM
Phew! I read the thread title and thought of Pat Fenlon :greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
07-06-2014, 08:08 PM
His address proved that he holds the beating heart of our club. His presence in the boardroom would ensure that decisions made are for the good of Hibernian FC!
He will not suffer fools gladly and would make sure that the suits on the board don't just consider self interest or deviate from improving the quality within the club from top to bottom!...

:flag:

Thanks for bringing it up Moon Unit, If (and i hope) Pat Stanton was interested in being on the board it would only be good.

madsen5
07-06-2014, 08:15 PM

:flag: a very genuine man and a true
Hibs legend .

Hibby Gav
07-06-2014, 08:22 PM
He can help bring the pride back...a favourite son and respected pro..
ggtth

FranckSuzy
07-06-2014, 08:29 PM
I and others made the point to Leeann about Peter Cormack being ignored when he offered his services-for free-to help the club. She had the good grace to agree it was embarrassing. Hopefully we're going to see a massive shake-up of the club, in all areas.

Lester B
07-06-2014, 08:31 PM

Pat's a true legend and a gentleman. Always happy to chat with fans about his beloved Hibs.

Indeed so sir. Been a hopeful day in a lot of respects and we all need that at the moment.

Hopeful about the numbers at the rally. Hopeful about the early signs from LD.

But most hopeful after a couple of things that PS said to me. No great secrets or inside insights. Just absolute inspiration that will stay with me for a long time.

As I think back on it...Wait.... is anyone cutting up an onion nearby just now? I've got this slight dampness in my eyes.....

Jonnyboy
07-06-2014, 08:39 PM
Indeed so sir. Been a hopeful day in a lot of respects and we all need that at the moment.

Hopeful about the numbers at the rally. Hopeful about the early signs from LD.

But most hopeful after a couple of things that PS said to me. No great secrets or inside insights. Just absolute inspiration that will stay with me for a long time.

As I think back on it...Wait.... is anyone cutting up an onion nearby just now? I've got this slight dampness in my eyes.....

:greengrin

I used to get quite emotional when I had the good fortune to interview Pat on numerous occasions for this site. We met at his house, he was warm and generous, a perfect host even if he did have me feeling like I was five years old and in the presence of greatness :greengrin

Weststandwanab
08-06-2014, 07:15 AM
Phew! I read the thread title and thought of Pat Fenlon :greengrin
I thought it was Pat Nevin.

Hibeewilly
08-06-2014, 09:11 AM
I and others made the point to Leeann about Peter Cormack being ignored when he offered his services-for free-to help the club. She had the good grace to agree it was embarrassing. Hopefully we're going to see a massive shake-up of the club, in all areas.
Good point to make Franck. I met Peter behind the goals before either the Partick or Kille game and he was telling me about this. I was totally speechless. Embarassing!!

capitals_finest
08-06-2014, 09:46 AM
I thought it was Pat Nevin.

I pressumed it was Pat Butcher

Moon unit
08-06-2014, 07:45 PM
I pressumed it was Pat Butcher

Butcher out!...Pat Butcher in!..:)

Moon unit
08-06-2014, 10:41 PM
Thanks for bringing it up Moon Unit, If (and i hope) Pat Stanton was interested in being on the board it would only be good.
Not only is it a no brainer....it's a must!

zitelli62
08-06-2014, 11:08 PM
I played against pat when i was 17 and he was about 50 at the time he absolutely strolled through the game and i learned so much just watching him play but my greatest memory looking back now was just being on the same pitch as the great man he is mr hibs.:flag:

southsider
09-06-2014, 10:34 AM

Pat Stanton is 100 times the man Rod Petrie will ever be.
Yes, we need football people on the board who understand that this is (or was) a FOOTBALL CLUB. We also should wecome onto the board any self-made men (or ladies) who want to put money into the club. There are people willing to do so.

Keith_M
09-06-2014, 01:04 PM

I used to get quite emotional when I had the good fortune to interview Pat on numerous occasions for this site. We met at his house, he was warm and generous, a perfect host even if he did have me feeling like I was five years old and in the presence of greatness :greengrin

Aw gies peace, you'd have had to meet Willie Groves for that..

STRAIGHT 2 HELL
09-06-2014, 09:42 PM
I spoke to Pat today about this and asked if he would be interested. His reply was to put his hand on his heart and say "of course I would, it's my team". True Hibby and legend

Jonnyboy
09-06-2014, 09:44 PM
Aw gies peace, you'd have had to meet Willie Groves for that..

I tried to interview WG for ye olde Hibs net but he was in the pub :greengrin

IWasThere2016
09-06-2014, 10:05 PM

:agree:

Pat is God. Rod is Rod. Couldn't bring myself to put the two in the same sentence.

PETRIE GTF!

Stantons Angel
09-06-2014, 11:35 PM
:agree:

Pat is God. Rod is Rod. Couldn't bring myself to put the two in the same sentence.

PETRIE GTF!

Quite right too!!

I still dont think he would want to be on the board and be happy!

Pat is too honest a man to take all the crap that some on that present board talk. He would speak up and tell them if and when they are wrong though.

Not one of them on the present board could hold a candle to the man's knowledge of the game and his love for this club.

There would be a lot of back stabbing through jealousy that he is so highly regarded by the Hibs support and they would find his presence uncomfortable.

I wouldn t want to see him being used or any of them thinking they are better than he is because they never would be!!

The man is a living legend and he has earned the adulation of many. More than can ever be said about Petrie!

147lothian
10-06-2014, 12:55 AM
Not only is it a no brainer....it's a must!

Aye only a fool would disagree, to me, the folk that took to stage on Sat were expressing the best interests of the cub, from a fan's perspective, Pat or mr 'only person' capable of communicating to the absent owner who isn't interested in football, that is a no brainer!

AlbertK86
10-06-2014, 09:21 PM
Does many body know if the Petrie Out campaigners got a response from their request to speak to STF

Moon unit
11-06-2014, 06:28 AM
Quite right too!!

I still dont think he would want to be on the board and be happy!

Pat is too honest a man to take all the crap that some on that present board talk. He would speak up and tell them if and when they are wrong though.

Not one of them on the present board could hold a candle to the man's knowledge of the game and his love for this club.

There would be a lot of back stabbing through jealousy that he is so highly regarded by the Hibs support and they would find his presence uncomfortable.

I wouldn t want to see him being used or any of them thinking they are better than he is because they never would be!!

The man is a living legend and he has earned the adulation of many. More than can ever be said about Petrie!

I understand you're concerns, but my belief is that Pat would not put up with their crap and he would, in no uncertain terms let them know what standards are acceptable on the board of Hibernian football club!....
The days of free loaders on the board are over!..Pat is the man that will ensure that is the case!..

Baker9
11-06-2014, 09:59 AM
With all the rheotric and speculation that is going on and the assessment of the new regime we still do not have anybody remotely connected to the board that knows the first thing about football. Hopefully one of LDs announcements will be some official involvement for Pat Stanton.