PDA

View Full Version : If Butcher was asked to take a 50% pay cut...

Hibiza
07-06-2014, 01:07 PM
how would he react ? why not ask him . might get him out the door. He might just grasp (if not already). like all the players (not his, app from 3 duff loanees), that HE underperformed.

easty
07-06-2014, 01:09 PM
If it's no in his contract then he'd react by saying "how about naw".

hibbytam
07-06-2014, 01:17 PM
If it wasn't in his contract, I'd want to know why.
How about a 50 percent cut, but with the amount deferred as a bonus if we go up this season.

eastterrace
07-06-2014, 01:28 PM
If it wasn't in his contract, I'd want to know why.
How about a 50 percent cut, but with the amount deferred as a bonus if we go up this season.

well he wont be getting his bonus then.

Winston Ingram
07-06-2014, 01:31 PM
how would he react ? why not ask him . might get him out the door. He might just grasp (if not already). like all the players (not his, app from 3 duff loanees), that HE underperformed.

He'd still be massively overpaid

s2hart
07-06-2014, 01:35 PM
I have been wondering this as well, has it been confirmed that the players staying on are having their money cut by 50%, if so then it should be the same with the management team, you can't have one rule for one another rule for others IMO.

Eyrie
07-06-2014, 01:42 PM
It's a fair point.

Even if it's not in his contract, then Butcher could still boost morale amongst the players who have had to take a cut by doing so himself. He's on a very good wage (I've read £195k), so even a 50% cut will still leave him on good money but free up some cash to help us strengthen the playing squad.

Captain Trips
07-06-2014, 01:45 PM
Just get him out. I'd rather have AN Other giving it a go even with budget cut to pay him off I would rather that than have him make more of a mess. Keeping him will be more costly than getting rid. Awful manager for Hibs.

TornadoHibby
07-06-2014, 02:21 PM

Pointless thread!

Hibs need to get rid of him and his two mates and get an effective and competent management team on board to get Hibs playing free flowing, entertaining football which wins matches and it's not going to happen with Butcher and his mates!

lord bunberry
07-06-2014, 04:07 PM
Just get him out. I'd rather have AN Other giving it a go even with budget cut to pay him off I would rather that than have him make more of a mess. Keeping him will be more costly than getting rid. Awful manager for Hibs.
Correct the man has failed at every oportunity he's had at Easter road. How can we trust a man who has so spectacularly failed to dig us out of the whole he dug.
Terrible manager, terrible assistant cut our losses and get rid.

Onion
07-06-2014, 04:10 PM
He'd still be stealing from the fans. Horror show of a manager, who is all bluster and soundbites.

lord bunberry
07-06-2014, 04:19 PM
He'd still be stealing from the fans. Horror show of a manager, who is all bluster and soundbites.

You're right and I'm embarrassed to say I fell for his bluster after inialtially being against his appointment more fool me, but never again, enough is enough.
It's time for a new start , Ian Murray for me.

Paisley Hibby
07-06-2014, 05:18 PM

This!

Hedlund12
07-06-2014, 06:08 PM
I had a very similar conversation today regarding the current management team and the possibility of a pay cut....
I got the impression that if TB, MM and SM are to remain at ER then it's unlikely to be on the same salary/pay that they signed up for....
also took from the conversation that this wouldn't be a surprise to them either!!!