PDA

View Full Version : Stage 2

1two
07-06-2014, 11:55 AM
So stage 1 is get rid of Petrie

Stage 2 as far as I got from today is to go into dialogue with the club and get fans representation on the board.

Paul Kane might not be the most inspirational speaker but i don't think there will be many fans who will disagree with his aims in his campaign

So is everyone behind him?
I am!

Thecat23
07-06-2014, 11:59 AM
I'm behind any group that wants Petrie out. Can't be there today as recovering from knee op. But hopefully there is a structured speech and not just random shouts of Petrie out.

Well done to all those trying to make a difference to this club. To say we need change is an understatement.

McKenzie
07-06-2014, 12:00 PM
Thought we spoke very well. Would have any new signing sit in a room with the speakers today and let them learn what it means to play for Hibs. Special mention to Mickey Weir who was exceptional.

EdinMike
07-06-2014, 12:06 PM
Thought we spoke very well. Would have any new signing sit in a room with the speakers today and let them learn what it means to play for Hibs. Special mention to Mickey Weir who was exceptional.

Second that. Mickey was great. As much of an inspiration today as he was to me, a laddie 20 years ago.

Libby Hibby
07-06-2014, 12:28 PM
You can't ask any more than what is already being done and said...well done to all involved in organising today...what I liked best was that fans would know 1st the groups intentions, not the media, the board or your creepy jambo pals but the fans!!

Special mention to Micky Weir, spoke from the heart

Gus Fring
07-06-2014, 12:41 PM
Stage 1 and 2 should be swapped around as it sounds as if stage 2 is dependant on the completion of stage 1.

I think stage 2 might just happen.

:agree:

This would have happened anyway as it's part of Leeanns plan (she hinted at it yesterday and already did it at Motherwell).

Bishop Hibee
07-06-2014, 12:44 PM
I'd say stage 2 is linked with stage 1. Petrie should name his price for his share of the club then the fans can try to raise the money to buy him out.

Kato
07-06-2014, 12:45 PM
Stage 1 and 2 should be swapped around as it sounds as if stage 2 is dependant on the completion of stage 1.

I think stage 2 might just happen.

Fans in, in, Petrie Out, out.

Weir7
07-06-2014, 12:51 PM
I'd say stage 2 is linked with stage 1. Petrie should name his price for his share of the club then the fans can try to raise the money to buy him out.

He got them for free. Hand them over to fans trust.

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-06-2014, 12:56 PM
Mickey Weir was my hero as a wee boy. Was reminded why when I listened to him earlier

Steven_Hibs
07-06-2014, 03:34 PM
Hats of to Kano, and the rest! I felt proud to be a Hibs fan today. Showed how much the real fans care for our club and how we can go about sorting it

Calum68
07-06-2014, 03:44 PM
He got them for free. Hand them over to fans trust.

Why would he hand over something that has a value? It's a business and he's a businessman. Agree we should try to buy them, it's the only way he'll walk.

Ringothedog
07-06-2014, 04:53 PM
Hats of to Kano, and the rest! I felt proud to be a Hibs fan today. Showed how much the real fans care for our club and how we can go about sorting it

What's a "real" hibs fan? Is it any different from a Hibs fan ? Just wondering :confused:

147lothian
07-06-2014, 10:27 PM
What's a "real" hibs fan? Is it any different from a Hibs fan ? Just wondering :confused:

Look at the board, then look at the people at today's demo because that's were lots of real hibs fans were, the board like managers or players can come and go, but real Hibs fans are the one constant! Many of the people there today had been involved in Hands of Hibs 24 years ago, that's real His fans

marinello59
07-06-2014, 10:32 PM
Look at the board, then look at the people at today's demo because that's were lots of real hibs fans were, the board like managers or players can come and go, but real Hibs fans are the one constant! Many of the people there today had been involved in Hands of Hibs 24 years ago, that's real His fans

I wasn't there, I always knew I wasn't a real fan.

Vini1875
07-06-2014, 10:33 PM
As already said pushing the campaign to buy Rod out is a good way to go. Don't know how much could be raised or what RPs price might be, but a 10% stake in the club from the fans would surely be enough to have a representative on the board. They could also do the conduit job.

147lothian
07-06-2014, 10:39 PM
As already said pushing the campaign to buy Rod out is a good way to go. Don't know how much could be raised or what RPs price might be, but a 10% stake in the club from the fans would surely be enough to have a representative on the board. They could also do the conduit job.

I'll go with that, anything that removes him!

jacomo
07-06-2014, 10:42 PM
I wasn't there, I always knew I wasn't a real fan.

That's not what the guy was saying.

Being there today wasn't a measure of whether or not you are a real fan - surely it was affirmation that Hibs has a large group of supporters who have a deep affection for the club and care enough to assemble during the close season to demand better leadership of the club.

marinello59
07-06-2014, 10:49 PM
That's not what the guy was saying.

Being there today wasn't a measure of whether or not you are a real fan - surely it was affirmation that Hibs has a large group of supporters who have a deep affection for the club and care enough to assemble during the close season to demand better leadership of the club.

That's my take on it. So why the need to mention real fans? Those who disagreed with todays protest are surely real fans too? And they care enough too. (Even though they are wrong. :greengrin)

Onceinawhile
07-06-2014, 10:59 PM

stoneyburn hibs
07-06-2014, 11:09 PM
That's my take on it. So why the need to mention real fans? Those who disagreed with todays protest are surely real fans too? And they care enough too. (Even though they are wrong. :greengrin)

Hair splitting.

Gustavo Fring
07-06-2014, 11:23 PM
kano did well to pull this off

was great to see so many great players from the past speak up . great turnout , most enjoyable trip to easter road iv had since the new year derby

StokePogesHibs
07-06-2014, 11:56 PM
Hair splitting.

Is there any footage uploaded anywhere for the International fans to see?

CallumLaidlaw
08-06-2014, 11:18 AM
Is there any footage uploaded anywhere for the International fans to see?

Go to "Hibernian FC news & transfer Rumours" on Facebook and Andy Gillies has uploaded videos from all the speakers

147lothian
08-06-2014, 09:15 PM

There may well be real fans who support the status quo, and don't want change, but the numbers they could muster would be insignificant, that doesn't mean conservative supporter's with a small c are not real fan's, it's just a minority view http://www.hibs.net/images/icons/icon12.png