PDA

View Full Version : two weeks after relegation

SouthamptonHibs
07-06-2014, 10:42 AM
Why have we not signed anyone decent?

I'm still gutted, apart from Leanne coming in I've not heard one good thing come out of Hibs. I'm I expecting to much? I thought more would have happened.

Thoughts?

HH81
07-06-2014, 10:51 AM
We don't even know if the manager will stay until next week. It would be stupid to sign players yet.

Turkish Green
07-06-2014, 10:53 AM

I'm still gutted, apart from Leanne coming in I've not heard one good thing come out of Hibs. I'm I expecting to much? I thought more would have happened.

Thoughts?
You said it. You are expecting too much. Too early. LD is just in and TB is on holiday and then off to Brasil (glad he got his priorities right). It is normally the case that football clubs close down for a couple of weeks at the end of season for staff holidays. Even in relegation holidays will have already been booked.

I would expect things to start happening after the transfer window opens next week.

Scouse Hibee
07-06-2014, 10:53 AM

Thoughts?

Until the situation is made clear we don't want to rush making signings just for the sake of it.

nribs
07-06-2014, 11:08 AM
Really depends on what it us you want. On the Alex Rodman thread you totaly slated the guy and his potential signing but here you are moaning about the lack of movement. I have a feeling things will crank up after next week.

SouthamptonHibs
07-06-2014, 11:20 AM
You said it. You are expecting too much. Too early. LD is just in and TB is on holiday and then off to Brasil (glad he got his priorities right). It is normally the case that football clubs close down for a couple of weeks at the end of season for staff holidays. Even in relegation holidays will have already been booked.

I would expect things to start happening after the transfer window opens next week.

With the rebuilding job we have to do I thought Hibs would have cancelled all leave. Rangers are up for it and building aka Miller and Hearts been preparing for one season means we are right behind the curve

SouthamptonHibs
07-06-2014, 11:22 AM
Until the situation is made clear we don't want to rush making signings just for the sake of it.

Agree Scouse, what's strange is the Terry Butcher situation. Am I right and thinking he will be a pundit at the world cup?
If this is the case it's wrong we need to start building now

ackeygraham
07-06-2014, 11:23 AM
Too much uncertainty right now with CEO just in the door, TB away and not sure if still be the manager.

Not even said anything on the ST front either.

Callum_62
07-06-2014, 11:24 AM
We don't have the time, or a settled team to wait

We need to buy a whole new 1st eleven, so every week that passes, is a week wasted

We've already wasted at least 2 weeks (and we still dont know who the manager will be)

If LD has spoken to Butcher a few times, why wait till next week to meet again and confirm

Unless we make some dramatic movements in the squad rebuild over the next week or so, then I think we are really behind our 2 main rivals

SouthamptonHibs
07-06-2014, 11:25 AM
Really depends on what it us you want. On the Alex Rodman thread you totaly slated the guy and his potential signing but here you are moaning about the lack of movement. I have a feeling things will crank up after next week.

Nribs I expect better from Hibs, we need a few signings that get the fans moving and up beat, I'm still in mourning after two weeks ago, I can't see nothing positive coming out the club. Signing conference players imo is not the way forward we Hibernian fans deserve better. The crap we have had in the last five years has left us getting excited by a new name rather than by quality.

SouthamptonHibs
07-06-2014, 11:27 AM
We don't have the time, or a settled team to wait

We need to buy a whole new 1st eleven, so every week that passes, is a week wasted

We've already wasted at least 2 weeks (and we still dont know who the manager will be)

If LD has spoken to Butcher a few times, why wait till next week to meet again and confirm

Unless we make some dramatic movements in the squad rebuild over the next week or so, then I think we are really behind our 2 main rivals

Agree Callum every minute we waste will hurt us. We can't wait till August 30th this season. We must have a full team ready for pre season by 1st July

SouthamptonHibs
07-06-2014, 11:28 AM
Too much uncertainty right now with CEO just in the door, TB away and not sure if still be the manager.

Not even said anything on the ST front either.

Mate why the wait. Leanne should come out and either say Butcher yes/no. We can't have another Calderwood.
The Rangers signed Miller this week, we are linked with a non league player, I'm already craping it

blackpoolhibs
07-06-2014, 11:29 AM
The current clown in charge was supposed to have quite a few players lined up, was it 9 my memory is not as good as it once was?

Now that the current clown has relegated us, i'd imagine quite a few of them dont fancy Easter Road so much now, and our wage bill has been ravaged since we went down.

Butcher is an arse.

ackeygraham
07-06-2014, 11:30 AM
Must admit igor, wasn't over excited by the link to rodman. These kinda players have got us where we are now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SouthamptonHibs
07-06-2014, 11:33 AM
The current clown in charge was supposed to have quite a few players lined up, was it 9 my memory is not as good as it once was?

Now that the current clown has relegated us, i'd imagine quite a few of them dont fancy Easter Road so much now, and our wage bill has been ravaged since we went down.

Butcher is an arse.

I agree with the Butcher is an arse.

Blackpool Hibs as thing is why is there no good news coming out of ER? I bet those pricks on the board give the manager a target of play offs next season. The whole set up signals failure. Could you imagine playing Hearts in semi final play off, they'd destroy us and it would give there fans another laugh over us.
I would like to see Hibs breaking the bank and having a go next year..

SouthamptonHibs
07-06-2014, 11:35 AM
Must admit igor, wasn't over excited by the link to rodman. These kinda players have got us where we are now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ackey I slated it as soon as I seen it. Not happy with these type of players. How far can the Apple fall from the tree. What are our young players gonna learn from these guys? Where is the quality?

ackeygraham
07-06-2014, 11:36 AM
Lacked quality for seasons mate. The apple has fallen and rolled doon easter road and at the links. That's how far

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

SouthamptonHibs
07-06-2014, 11:38 AM
Lacked quality for seasons mate. The apple has fallen and rolled doon easter road and at the links. That's how far

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Agreed mate

Keith_M
07-06-2014, 11:45 AM

:agree:

It's not often I agree with the Scouse Git but he's spot on this time.

yekimevol
07-06-2014, 01:57 PM
We don't even know if the manager will stay until next week. It would be stupid to sign players yet.

:top marks

Winston Ingram
07-06-2014, 02:00 PM

This. I'm more than happy as it says to me that the manager is not staying:agree:

nribs
07-06-2014, 02:05 PM
Nribs I expect better from Hibs, we need a few signings that get the fans moving and up beat, I'm still in mourning after two weeks ago, I can't see nothing positive coming out the club. Signing conference players imo is not the way forward we Hibernian fans deserve better. The crap we have had in the last five years has left us getting excited by a new name rather than by quality.
Understood but suggest some exiting affordable players who would come to Easter Road a championship club.

Brightside
07-06-2014, 02:06 PM

Thoughts?

Calm down. We have a CEO who wants to do things properly now. She'll sit with Terry work out how much they can spend and then offers will be made. I don't won't other journeymen purchased just to fill shirt numbers.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-06-2014, 02:22 PM
@seanmurdoch01: IMO and no disrespect but I can't see what Hibs are looking to sign will get them out the championship next season.

BVB Hibs
07-06-2014, 02:24 PM
We'll have the bones of a squad in for pre-season, that's the important bit. In reality it doesn't matter whether we announce signings today or when the players walk in the door on the first day of training. In reality we won't get a more settled squad if we sign players now. I'm sure the clubs doing plenty of background work right now, let's just let things settle down an wait until we have certainty on all the other fronts. I'm sure once that's done we'll see the signings start to trickle through.

skipster7
07-06-2014, 02:25 PM

Thoughts?

Transfer window not open until 9th June in Scotland ?

skipster7
07-06-2014, 02:28 PM
:wink: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window

Hibercelona
07-06-2014, 02:42 PM
Knowing our "ambitious" board. With The Rangers and Hearts in the league, next season will be another write off. With nothing but false promises to try and get cash through the gates for the next again season.

Keith_M
07-06-2014, 02:46 PM
Knowing our "ambitious" board. With The Rangers and Hearts in the league, next season will be another write off. With nothing but false promises to try and get cash through the gates for the next again season.

So you've written off Dempster already?

I was quite encouraged by the fact that she stated the target was to get promoted as Champions. I'll wait to see how the signings pan out (window doesn't open till Monday) but I've no reason just now to doubt her word.

Haggis Hibby
07-06-2014, 02:47 PM

Butcher is an arse.

Are players not on holiday also... therefore unavailable for talks???....... we all want signings but lets give the club a chance.... if there are not multiple signings by the 20th then ill start to worry....

Hibercelona
07-06-2014, 02:48 PM

I was quite encouraged by the fact that she stated the target was to get promoted as Champions. I'll wait to see how the signings pan out (window doesn't open till Monday) but I've no reason just now to doubt her word.

I don't doubt Dempsters ability to change things. I doubt the level of power she'll be given to change things.

Gettin' Auld
07-06-2014, 02:52 PM

Thoughts?

My initial thought is that it isn't really difficult to at least spell her name properly.

AlbertK86
07-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Again Leeann came across well when interviewed on SSN earlier this afternoon

When asked whether we could get enough players in on time she said she wanted the correct quality brought in

No danger of any signings until we are clear who will be managing the team

blackpoolhibs
07-06-2014, 03:45 PM
Are players not on holiday also... therefore unavailable for talks???....... we all want signings but lets give the club a chance.... if there are not multiple signings by the 20th then ill start to worry....

I have no doubts that we will sign players, i only stated those our idiot of a manager had lined up might not be so keen to sign now?

SouthamptonHibs
07-06-2014, 07:52 PM
My initial thought is that it isn't really difficult to at least spell her name properly.

Deary me get a grip

Scouse Hibee
07-06-2014, 07:56 PM

Or indeed correctly :wink:

Lucius Apuleius
07-06-2014, 08:14 PM
I actually feel quite sorry for those who live their lives being so cynical.

FranckSuzy
07-06-2014, 08:25 PM

Me too. For once, a clear target has been set, rather than past statements about aiming to finish in the top 6..... Winning the league and at the first attempt is the goal.

lord bunberry
07-06-2014, 08:31 PM
I have no doubts that we will sign players, i only stated those our idiot of a manager had lined up might not be so keen to sign now?

I hope our idiot manager is relieved of his duties long before we get to the stage of signing players.
The thought of that complete failure telling football players like Stanton and Hanlon there free to go makes my blood boil.
For the sake of this club go and go now