PDA

View Full Version : Leeann Dempster

SDavey1992
06-06-2014, 10:07 PM
I, for one, am really optimistic about what she brings to the club. I this she will encourage spending on transfers and within the club. And (from what I hear, she secured the biggest sponsorship we have ever had). As well as talking a good game, she seems to be delivering. Onwards and upwards in my eyes!!!

nribs
06-06-2014, 10:12 PM
I, for one, am really optimistic about what she brings to the club. I this she will encourage spending on transfers and within the club. And (from what I hear, she secured the biggest sponsorship we have ever had). As well as talking a good game, she seems to be delivering. Onwards and upwards in my eyes!!!
Spending money on transfers? Didn't hear that bit. Didn't even realise she secured the biggest sponsorship either.

Unseen work
06-06-2014, 10:23 PM
All the talk of changes, I personally just really want to see what they are. Very excited about what she will bring to the football club. She seems like she will have high standards and not take any ****

LancsHibs
06-06-2014, 10:29 PM
I welcome her as a breath of fresh air at the club but she can't be given credit for the sponsorship deals announced, these would have been in the final stages of negotiation before she arrived

jacomo
06-06-2014, 11:04 PM
I welcome her as a breath of fresh air at the club but she can't be given credit for the sponsorship deals announced, these would have been in the final stages of negotiation before she arrived

:agree:

ionahibby
06-06-2014, 11:29 PM

So we can give Petrie credit for this, he's the man :greengrin
...... I'll get my coat :duck:

CB_NO3
07-06-2014, 12:53 AM
No chance this is the biggest sponsor we have ever had. We got 1 million from Whyte & McKay for 5 years at one point. This is probably less than half of that.

Ozyhibby
07-06-2014, 01:23 AM
Think everyone is getting a little bit over excited. Nothing of note has happened yet. All we really know so far is that she gives a good interview.
Improved performances on the pitch is all that matters.
With Butcher still in post that is unlikely to happen.

.Sean.
07-06-2014, 02:16 AM
She's gave me more optimism in the last 5 days that Scrooge has gave me in the last 10 years.

Deansy
07-06-2014, 02:30 AM
Think I'll wait until I see what happens on the pitch before I get too excited - all her positive-talk could just be a re-hash of the '5 year plan' with boobs !

Green Blood
07-06-2014, 02:50 AM
Think everyone is getting a little bit over excited. Nothing of note has happened yet. All we really know so far is that she gives a good interview.
Improved performances on the pitch is all that matters.
With Butcher still in post that is unlikely to happen.

Once, many years ago my butcher used to serve me prime steak garnished with quality sauces and extras with memorable names like cropley,gordon,o'rourke & sauzee!!

Over the years its sad how standards have dropped to such an extent that the current butcher serves us with offal such as tripe,craig,kidney,liver,whatmore,haynes and many more that are instantly forgotten!!!!!!!! This club is rotten to the core and standards are so low to be wiped aff yer feet like dog ****! We can't be saved now, as with the Titanic the unsinkable have sunk its heartbreaking to see a club rich in many things... first uk club in europe/one of the first clubs with floodlights and undersoil heating/first club in the Uk with shirt sponsorship at dog **** level. Never thought it would come to this, nothing or nobody will save our club now!

greenlex
07-06-2014, 03:38 AM
Once, many years ago my butcher used to serve me prime steak garnished with quality sauces and extras with memorable names like cropley,gordon,o'rourke & sauzee!!

Over the years its sad how standards have dropped to such an extent that the current butcher serves us with offal such as tripe,craig,kidney,liver,whatmore,haynes and many more that are instantly forgotten!!!!!!!! This club is rotten to the core and standards are so low to be wiped aff yer feet like dog ****! We can't be saved now, as with the Titanic the unsinkable have sunk its heartbreaking to see a club rich in many things... first uk club in europe/one of the first clubs with floodlights and undersoil heating/first club in the Uk with shirt sponsorship at dog **** level. Never thought it would come to this, nothing or nobody will save our club now!
Absolute bollocks from start to finish. Nae offence likes.:rolleyes:

majorhibs
07-06-2014, 03:44 AM

What is, that pathetic display of supposed "management", or the excuses served up in defending it? :rolleyes:

SDavey1992
07-06-2014, 03:56 AM

Absolutely agree, that was a load of yam nonsense. Her interview was very impressive. She wants to shape the club from top to bottom, so long as there is a direct pattern that is sustainable in place. Also, the naming rights, plus the new shirt sponser WILL be more than the 'mega-bucks' that we had at white and McKay... Plus, I am in total belief that she will have total control, she wouldn't have left Motherwell of she didn't.

Last Minute
07-06-2014, 05:19 AM
Leeann said she would listen to the fans, let's tell her then, we want Collins back, let's then see if Petrie has nothing to do with her decisions .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bingo70
07-06-2014, 05:56 AM
Leeann said she would listen to the fans, let's tell her then, we want Collins back, let's then see if Petrie has nothing to do with her decisions .

I'd be quite happy with Collins back but pretty sure not everyone feels that way.

He's also about to be appointed assistant at Celtic.

marinello59
07-06-2014, 06:02 AM

Do we want Collins back? :confused:
The fans views will be considered when decisions are made but strong leaders will make the right decision rather than the popular one. For that reason I would suggest that your post doesn't really make sense.

Ringothedog
07-06-2014, 06:15 AM

I don't want Collins back, I take it I am not part of the collective "we". :confused:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-06-2014, 06:28 AM
People wanting Collins back? He's just went to Shrewsbury...

:greengrin

Weir7
07-06-2014, 06:38 AM

No where near biggest deal and deal done before she joined. Sponsor has an executive season ticket.

Onion
07-06-2014, 06:38 AM
So we can give Petrie credit for this, he's the man :greengrin
...... I'll get my coat :duck:

She's been here 2 minutes and already being hailed as the Messiah. Butcher and his crew got a similar welcome 6 months ago, before he'd done anything. Now look where we are.

Maybe we can just set the bar a bit higher than a nice email to a Hibs fan as a measure of success for our new CEO. She will be judged by the key decisions she needs to make for the club - Petrie, Butcher, players, targets, performances on the park....

Weir7
07-06-2014, 06:48 AM
She's been here 2 minutes and already being hailed as the Messiah. Butcher and his crew got a similar welcome 6 months ago, before he'd done anything. Now look where we are.

Maybe we can just set the bar a bit higher than a nice email to a Hibs fan as a measure of success for our new CEO. She will be judged by the key decisions she needs to make for the club - Petrie, Butcher, players, targets, performances on the park....

Correct. Not like hibs fans to be easily impressed. Talk is cheap. Actions speak louder than words.

Aldo
07-06-2014, 06:50 AM

She never got the new sponsorship deals it was Russell Davies (think that's his name) who from what's been posted by others elsewhere has worked very very hard to get them both in place. Also not sure it's our biggest deal but any deal that benefits the club under the current circumstances is a bonus!!

marinello59
07-06-2014, 06:52 AM
She will be judged by the key decisions she needs to make for the club - Petrie, Butcher, players, targets, performances on the park....

Which is exactly what she has said herself.

Aldo
07-06-2014, 06:57 AM
People wanting Collins back? He's just went to Shrewsbury... :greengrin

:-)

FWIW I don't want John Collins back at the club.

Aldo
07-06-2014, 07:02 AM

At least she has come out and said this. She has communicated more in just under a week than the whole of Petries tenure at the club.

Hopefully the dawn of a new era which has started well so far - from the top. Just need Petrie to GTF and then sort out what's happening on the playing side.

LD has stated that she wants or it's the clubs aim for automatic promotion so the pressure is on to get the players in to do this.

Beefster
07-06-2014, 07:02 AM

Dempster said she would listen. She didn't say that she's bow down to every crackpot demand.

Makaveli
07-06-2014, 09:55 AM

Totally agree. I'm on side so far but if she has the power to get rid of Butcher and chooses not to, I'm not interested in another word she says.

flash
07-06-2014, 09:59 AM
Totally agree. I'm on side so far but if she has the power to get rid of Butcher and chooses not to, I'm not interested in another word she says.

So your onside as long as she does whatever you want.

Makaveli
07-06-2014, 10:06 AM
So your onside as long as she does whatever you want.

Talk is cheap but she's not had a chance to do anything else yet and she's trying hard to be approachable, so of course I'm on side. Everyone wants her to do well. But as others have said it's actions and decisions that count - the big one for me is Butcher.

3pm
07-06-2014, 10:14 AM

I don't want Collins.

The_Horde
07-06-2014, 10:17 AM
Talk is cheap but she's not had a chance to do anything else yet and she's trying hard to be approachable, so of course I'm on side. Everyone wants her to do well. But as others have said it's actions and decisions that count - the big one for me is Butcher.

Surely whatever she does we have to get behind her?

I don't necessarily want TB to get the heave but if she does then I'll trust her judgement ahead of mines.

madhatter
07-06-2014, 10:21 AM
;4051244']Surely whatever she does we have to get behind her?

I don't necessarily want TB to get the heave but if she does then I'll trust her judgement ahead of mines.

:top marksWe have to trust her judgement above our own. I will be getting behind the club no matter what.

Deansy
07-06-2014, 12:07 PM
I'd love to see John Collins back !. Give him a chance to wipe out the 'Player-power' culture that's been allowed to rule ER ever since 'Collins-gate' - never been a season since without the 'Players are unhappy with the coaching/manager/training/weather' etc tales emanating from the dressing-room. They usually start about half-way through the season, which is then followed by our now-regular 'Dismal-run' - no connection ?. Would love to see a future Hibs NOT being dictated to by a bunch of people whose only interest at Hibs is to do as little as possible for as much as possible !

BVB Hibs
07-06-2014, 01:50 PM

Or how about we let LD talk to Butcher and decide what the best move is to bring the club forward. LD was a massive success at Motherwell; if she thinks that keeping Butcher in is the best move for the club right now then I'll trust her judgement over that of an aggrieved fan.

As far as I'm concerned she has a clean slate, and anything she choses to change or keep the same is entirely up to her. I trust her to use her best judgement and act in the best interests of Hibernian football club. If we end up 3 years down the line and we've gone backwards, then we can judge her. Everybody on here has said the club has issues from top to bottom. Let's give her a bit of time to sort all that out and not just dismiss her because she doesn't immediately engage in populist nonsense by just doing exactly what the fans want. Plenty of fans want Butcher out, and she said she would consult with the fans over decisions at the club, but ultimately it comes down to her decision. I hope she isn't as spineless as to bow down to the fans wishes each and every time we want a manager gone either.

ekhibee
07-06-2014, 01:51 PM
And I don't want Butcher out so I'm not interested in another word you say either.

number 27
07-06-2014, 01:55 PM
Has the meeting between Dempster and fans reps finished?

Are we likely to hear what was discussed any time soon? Hopefully there is not going to be any secrecy about this.

AlbertK86
07-06-2014, 01:58 PM
She's just been on sportsound and sounds like her and TB have discussed a plan for next year on phone but she did say fans have made it clear today they want a certain style of football

Ben Williams also been on and has backed Petrie as only having the best interests of Hibs at heart

emerald green
07-06-2014, 02:12 PM

:agree: LD is only in the door 5 minutes. Fans want to see things happening and that's understandable, but they have to give her a chance and try to show a bit of patience. The correct decisions for the club have to be made, not knee jerk panic reactions.

The mess the club is in will not be sorted overnight that's for sure. It's going to take much longer than that IMHO, and she sure won't be able to please everyone who posts on these forums.

judas
07-06-2014, 02:23 PM

It's good to have a fresh face at the top of the executive structure. But I'm sick to the back teeth of the endless references to this woman on .net.

Anyone would think the messiah had landed on the centre circle in a beam of light and walked on air into the boardroom to expel the demon Petrie and usher in some utopian dream.

Give it a ******ing break will yous. She is here to do a job, that for the large part, will be unseen and relatively mundane. Just let her do the job please and shut up about it.

Gus Fring
07-06-2014, 02:25 PM
She's just been on Sky Sports News. Reiterated that she has full autonomy and that Petrie is not telling her what to do. When asked if she had the power to tell Petrie to go she said she did not. She also said that he cannot just up and resign as that's not how the business works.

Gus Fring
07-06-2014, 02:30 PM
It's good to have a fresh face at the top of the executive structure. But I'm sick to the back teeth of the endless references to this woman on .net.

Anyone would think the messiah had landed on the centre circle in a beam of light and walked on air into the boardroom to expel the demon Petrie and usher in some utopian dream.

Give it a ******ing break will yous. She is here to do a job, that for the large part, will be unseen and relatively mundane. Just let her do the job please and shut up about it.

That tells me you don't know much about how Leeann does things. She's very hands on and has already said in her numerous media interviews in the last 24 hours that she'll be much more open and accessible than the previous chief exec. At Motherwell she was involved in just about everything even standing next to the dugout rather than sitting in hospitality. She was also instrumental in building Motherwell into the community institution it currently is and she wants to do the same here.

emerald green
07-06-2014, 02:58 PM

This forum is the messageboard for all Hibs fans to chat about Hibs & football in general.

Therefore, given that Leeann Dempster is probably the most important "signing" Hibs have made in a very long time, it's only natural surely that she will be a current topic of conversation amongst Hibs fans? I cannot recall a single post comparing her to the "messiah", as you put it. What endless references? Jings, she's only been here a week or so.

I suspect "this woman" (again as you put it) will not go about her job "unseen", unlike her predecessors. Good luck Leeann.

weonlywon6-2
07-06-2014, 03:17 PM
I don't want Collins.

Neither do i,been there done that.If we have a managerial change then hopefully someone who has never been connected to hibs but is proven at management

emerald green
07-06-2014, 03:34 PM
Neither do i,been there done that.If we have a managerial change then hopefully someone who has never been connected to hibs but is proven at management

I've posted before that maybe it's time to appoint a continental coach. He would need to get rid of all the George Street wasters and change the whole culture amongst the playing staff at ER. Maybe that's asking too much? Maybe we can't afford a top quality coach now the existing ones have taken us down?

If the smellies can do it, maybe Hibs can too? Yes, I know, they've got more money than HFC and are guaranteed European football every year, unlike Hibs.

Gus Fring
07-06-2014, 03:45 PM
I've posted before that maybe it's time to appoint a continental coach. He would need to get rid of all the George Street wasters and change the whole culture amongst the playing staff at ER. Maybe that's asking too much? Maybe we can't afford a top quality coach now the existing ones have taken us down?

If the smellies can do it, maybe Hibs can too? Yes, I know, they've got more money than HFC and are guaranteed European football every year, unlike Hibs.

Mixu is Scandinavian. Didn't work out.

blackpoolhibs
07-06-2014, 03:48 PM
I don't want Collins back, I take it I am not part of the collective "we". :confused:

Me neither. :confused:

emerald green
07-06-2014, 03:52 PM

Yes, I know mate, and Fenlon was Irish and Butcher is English. Mixu played most of his football in Scotland though did he not?

I would have Mixu back before Butcher any day BTW, but I know that will never happen.

What I'm really on about is someone with fresh ideas about how the game should be played, how players should train and look after themselves away from the training ground, a good tactical brain and awareness and so on.

ManBearPig
07-06-2014, 04:00 PM
Me neither. :confused:

Or me....
never go back to the well. rarely does it reap rewards

blackpoolhibs
07-06-2014, 04:01 PM
Yes, I know mate, and Fenlon was Irish and Butcher is English. Mixu played most of his football in Scotland though did he not?

I would have Mixu back before Butcher any day BTW, but I know that will never happen.

What I'm really on about is someone with fresh ideas about how the game should be played, how players should train and look after themselves away from the training ground, a good tactical brain and awareness and so on.

:agree: I posted a while back when we were talking about replacing Fenlon, that we should go out and get the best foreign coach available that we could afford. I also said i'd only let him sign foreign players, and supplement them with what comes through the youth system.

I firmly believe with our culture, that in the main Scottish players are just not as dedicated, they are not as physically strong or technically good.

This would let the new manager get on with putting a side together that would not be in the front page of the papers, or up town drinking themselves stupid, and eventually we'd see the culture change when the younger players saw just how professional these foreign lads were.

Of course this all hinges on the club appointing the right manager, and him bringing better players in. Although to be fair, we have hardly been a success doing it the old way.

Onion
07-06-2014, 04:06 PM
She's just been on Sky Sports News. Reiterated that she has full autonomy and that Petrie is not telling her what to do. When asked if she had the power to tell Petrie to go she said she did not. She also said that he cannot just up and resign as that's not how the business works.

She said in her Hibs TV interview that the buck now stops with her, which is fine. Begs the question, who the **** did it stop with before and how come they've not been booted out after our relegation?

emerald green
07-06-2014, 04:06 PM
:agree: I posted a while back when we were talking about replacing Fenlon, that we should go out and get the best foreign coach available that we could afford. I also said i'd only let him sign foreign players, and supplement them with what comes through the youth system.

I firmly believe with our culture, that in the main Scottish players are just not as dedicated, they are not as physically strong or technically good.

This would let the new manager get on with putting a side together that would not be in the front page of the papers, or up town drinking themselves stupid, and eventually we'd see the culture change when the younger players saw just how professional these foreign lads were.

Of course this all hinges on the club appointing the right manager, and him bringing better players in. Although to be fair, we have hardly been a success doing it the old way.

Capt Mainwaring
07-06-2014, 04:09 PM

"We" don't want Collins back. Ran out on us the last time the going got tough. Not demonstrated any noticeable coaching skills since. Time to move on.

silverhibee
07-06-2014, 04:10 PM

What, top six finish.

Onion
07-06-2014, 04:19 PM
LD's resolve has yet to be tested. If Petrie and Butcher are retained, I don't see her surviving especially if results at start of season are poor. She's a bright lady but I'm not sure she knows the implications of keeping these guys on.

Cropley10
07-06-2014, 04:23 PM

:agree: Someone who understands the game & Scottish Football. Proven he can assemble a team on a budget. Good with the media. Known for not taking any nonsense. Good at spotting up and coming players as well.

pontius pilate
07-06-2014, 04:33 PM
Two things spring out too me through all of this.

1, We the fans want rid of RP however what authority does Ms Dempster have for removing him afaik all she can do is approach the board with her recommendations and they will not back that notion- would that really be her fault NO.

2, She may have decided to remove TB andnthe management team but financies have probably dictated that she cant due to the detriment to the playing budget I did notice however on numerous occasions that she mentioned the acadamy on a number of times so therefore if she remove s TB less budget for the playing squad=flak keeps TB = flak fir me a no win situation.

Ms Dempster has tough tough decisions ahead some will not be popular she has stated that changes will come and also promotion is a must for our club she will get my support on any decision that is made because at this moment in time we all need to be pushing for the same goal however I do believe that RP has to go and also that TB must take a proportion of the blame for where we are now.

Jonnyboy
07-06-2014, 04:35 PM
Two things spring out too me through all of this.

1, We the fans want rid of RP however what authority does Ms Dempster have for removing him afaik all she can do is approach the board with her recommendations and they will not back that notion- would that really be her fault NO.

2, She may have decided to remove TB andnthe management team but financies have probably dictated that she cant due to the detriment to the playing budget I did notice however on numerous occasions that she mentioned the acadamy on a number of times so therefore if she remove s TB less budget for the playing squad=flak keeps TB = flak fir me a no win situation.

Ms Dempster has tough tough decisions ahead some will not be popular she has stated that changes will come and also promotion is a must for our club she will get my support on any decision that is made because at this moment in time we all need to be pushing for the same goal however I do believe that RP has to go and also that TB must take a proportion of the blame for where we are now.

No. Some folk seem to think she does, but she doesn't and that should not be seen as a failing on her part :agree:

pontius pilate
07-06-2014, 04:45 PM
No. Some folk seem to think she does, but she doesn't and that should not be seen as a failing on her part :agree:

I thought that. It still doesnt make sense why then she would get blamed if he refused to leave. The poor woman has just started and already folks are lining up to kick the boot in. I say give her a chance to stamp her authority rome wasnt built in a day etc etc

Jonnyboy
07-06-2014, 04:46 PM
I thought that. It still doesnt make sense why then she would get blamed if he refused to leave. The poor woman has just started and already folks are lining up to kick the boot in. I say give her a chance to stamp her authority rome wasnt built in a day etc etc

Here's a quote frrom her interview with Sky Sports

Asked if it was within her remit to remove Mr Petrie from a post he has held since December 2004, she added: "I have been brought here to change the football club in many different forms. But it isn't within my control (to remove the chairman).

pontius pilate
07-06-2014, 04:50 PM

Here's a quote frrom her interview with Sky Sports

Asked if it was within her remit to remove Mr Petrie from a post he has held since December 2004, she added: "I have been brought here to change the football club in many different forms. But it isn't within my control (to remove the chairman).

I'm agreeing with you mate my apologies if its not coming across as though I am

Jonnyboy
07-06-2014, 04:52 PM
I'm agreeing with you mate my apologies if its not coming across as though I am

No need for apologies. I knew you were agreeing :greengrin Just posted the quote to make others aware in case they thought otherwise :aok:

Greenworld
07-06-2014, 05:02 PM
LD's resolve has yet to be tested. If Petrie and Butcher are retained, I don't see her surviving especially if results at start of season are poor. She's a bright lady but I'm not sure she knows the implications of keeping these guys on.

I think she does it is the biggest decision she has to make
and make.....one way or another we will know next week..
personally a clean start would be my choice ...her choice of
manager

FranckSuzy
07-06-2014, 05:06 PM
I was at the meeting today and have to say that I'm much more optimistic about next season now. IMHO, TB will be away next week - not that LD said that but it was more what she didn't say...

She was 100% positive that decisions she makes cannot be vetoed by RP and she does not strike me as someone who would tolerate any interference.

The main thing she has observed is the apparent disconnect between ER & EM and she is striving to address this issue. She also wants to see fast, attacking football, played on the deck....

I am sure someone else will be along soon with better notes (& I am on my mobile) but she is highly impressive, approachable and confident. Also, I don't think failure is even in her vocabulary.

ekhibee
07-06-2014, 05:07 PM

We've hardly been a success EITHER way for years now. It's a long time since the days of Sauzee, Zitelli etc, and although we've had some decent foreign players since then there have been plenty of duds too. I agree with you as regards the possibility of a foreign coach, but a good one would surely want more money to spend than we can (supposedly) afford. I can also see where you're coming from with the drinking culture etc, but right now it looks more like an Edinburgh thing than a Scottish one. Loads of Scottish players that play for the SPFL teams don't seem to have a problem performing to a consistently higher standard than we did, particularly last season. Maybe McLeish was right; Latapy did just that and didn't play in the Scottish Cup final that year.
I don't know if this is controversial or not, but in my opinion the best manager outside the OF in recent years was probably Paulo Sergio, if we could get him, or somebody very similar in mentality to him as far as organizing and tactics is concerned, then I'd be all for it. But right now, that's a pretty big 'if'. It really does come down to how much money we have to spend this season, and just as importantly, to what lengths the powers that be at Hibs are prepared to go to to ensure we are promoted as quickly as possible. Although as fans of Hibs we do now, after x amount of years, have the right to expect a bit more from Tom Farmer, because if he's not going to invest in the team it would be nice to know what plans he actually does have. Without any kind of financial support from him IMO it is unlikely we would be attractive to good foreign managers, but obviously I hope I'm proved wrong if that situation does arise.

AlbertK86
07-06-2014, 07:32 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/scottish-football/9341381/dempster's-plea-to-fans

Somebody asked on another thread for the link to sky sports news interview this afternoon but couldn't remember what thread it was !

Hopefully works