PDA

View Full Version : Craig Gordon to Celtc?

Keith_M
06-06-2014, 02:30 PM
The Daily Record has an article that says Craig Gordon is in talks with Celtc (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/craig-gordon-talks-celtic-become-3651961).

"Gordon, 31, was keeping tight lipped last night but it is understood he has held talks and also undergone a medical."

I thought he was meant to be returning to Hearts?

PeterboroHibee
06-06-2014, 02:35 PM
Gordon was an excellent keeper, but hes not had a proper run of games in at least 3 years. I also have doubts when injury-prone players say they are over their injury problems as the evidence suggests that more often than not, theyll end up breaking down again. If hes the replacement for Forster I cant say Id be too pleased if I was a Celtic fan!

CraigHibee
06-06-2014, 02:37 PM
it's on the beeb now saying they are close to agreeing a deal, can't imagine he would command too much of a wage considering he hasn't played for a couple of years. the yam fuds will be spewing if he signed for them :greengrin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27725827

Bostonhibby
06-06-2014, 02:45 PM
Is he celtc minded though? Will he be a celt on and off the park?

Same issue arises for the soapdodgers with their new manager who is in all probability stromgodset minded. Nae doubt he has always supported celtc really......

LancsHibs
06-06-2014, 02:47 PM
He apparently did want to go to Hearts but they would only offer a 1 year deal whereas Celtic are offering a 3 year, I'm told that Bkackpool approached him as a replacement for Gilkes but he told them he wanted to be in Scotland

Keith_M
06-06-2014, 03:14 PM
Is he celtc minded though? Will he be a celt on and off the park?

Same issue arises for the soapdodgers with their new manager who is in all probability stromgodset minded. Nae doubt he has always supported celtc really......

He said he has always supported Celtc since he was a wee boy in Porsgrunn.

Lewis77
06-06-2014, 03:41 PM
Although he played for that shower I always liked Gordon and there was a time when I really thought he had the promise to go on and be a great keeper, end up at a really top team (Man Utd/Barca or the like). Nevertheless, the injuries appear to have really set him back, but there is no doubt the boy had talent. His career now depends on if he can dig deep and find it once more.

Perhaps if he gets a run of games at Celtic that may happen? I hope it does as we (Scotland) could always do with another top keeper in the bank.

I pal of mine knew him (just to talk to like) when he was with that lot, but said he was a nice lad.

MWHIBBIES
06-06-2014, 03:48 PM
The Daily Record has an article that says Craig Gordon is in talks with Celtc (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/craig-gordon-talks-celtic-become-3651961).

"Gordon, 31, was keeping tight lipped last night but it is understood he has held talks and also undergone a medical."

I thought he was meant to be returning to Hearts?Yeah, that will end well

Bostonhibby
06-06-2014, 03:50 PM
He said he has always supported Celtc since he was a wee boy in Porsgrunn.

Ach, so he'll know all the songs already, especially if he has ever watched Liverpool or Man U on Sky.