PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Club Secures Two Major Sponsors

RSS Bot
06-06-2014, 08:20 AM
Leeann reveals commercial deals done

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140606/club-secures-two-major-sponsors_2262950_3885576)

Peevemor
06-06-2014, 08:22 AM
A bit vague all that, but also a stand naming deal ... :hmmm:

Keith_M
06-06-2014, 08:22 AM
"Winning promotion and going straight back has to be our aim, and to do that automatically we need to win the league."

I think I'm in love with Leean Dempster

:thumbsup:

Peevemor
06-06-2014, 08:24 AM
"Winning promotion and going straight back has to be our aim, and to do that automatically we need to win the league."

I think I'm in love with Leean Dempster

:thumbsup:

That'd be pushing it a bit for me. I'd rather be very good friends. :greengrin

Mark79
06-06-2014, 08:25 AM
I hear its apple as our shirt sponsor and microsoft for the stand. Makes sense if they are the american consortium.

Hibbylad86
06-06-2014, 08:25 AM
Sounds promising and anything that can help boost the coffers can only be good news. Interesting that it was only stand mentioned as part of a naming deal rather than the whole stadium?

Very positive statements and intentions which you would expect. But talk is cheap, we have heard it all before and until we start seeing real change it will be another false dawn

Heisenberg
06-06-2014, 08:26 AM
Why not just wait until the official announcements? Seems a bit daft to be putting out a statement saying we've got sponsors but can't tell you who for two weeks. Good news all the same.

SMAXXA
06-06-2014, 08:28 AM
Why not just wait until the official announcements? Seems a bit daft to be putting out a statement saying we've got sponsors but can't tell you who for two weeks. Good news all the same.

Fans want progress updates and this is one. Any good news story at the moment I'd be rushing to push it out if I were hibs.

Keith_M
06-06-2014, 08:29 AM

I think it's the 'good news' part.

A lot of fans are desperate to hear something positive and also to hear exactly what they've been doing. I think this meets both of these criteria while, as you say, leaving some of the details until the official announcement.

Keith_M
06-06-2014, 08:30 AM
That'd be pushing it a bit for me. I'd rather be very good friends. :greengrin

Oi! I didn't mean you, my heart belongs to Leean :wink:

WHUHibs
06-06-2014, 08:31 AM
The deal with Crabbies expired and a new shirt sponsor was always going to happen but like any contract it is tiered. Therefore remaining in the premiership would have meant a better deal and it will have been discounted due to championship.

The stadium naming rights has been muted for a while so it's no surprise but staying in premiership would have had a premium.

Russell and the team work very hard and we are lucky they are at Hibs and they should be congratulated in a very difficult time.

These deals were signed a while ago based on where we were at that time so it's no coincidence that this story has broken today. Drip feeding the supporters with targeted good news is done in every business especially politics.

The funds derived from this sponsorship will have to be used wisely and how much will be invested in the team that is the question. Add to that the lottery, the hibernian directory enquiries should be significant!

So Leanne thanks for the good news , how will it be spent and when is Rod leaving! Nothing changes with this announcement.

BH Hibs
06-06-2014, 08:32 AM

No one is telling anyone anything anymore. Maybe we should be sponsored by the masons. On second thoughts the Huns have got there first

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-06-2014, 08:32 AM
Thought that said "club secures two major signings".

Had to read it twice:greengrin

NOLA
06-06-2014, 08:34 AM
wonder which stand will be renamed? main or east :hmmm:

WHUHibs
06-06-2014, 08:35 AM
A bit vague all that, but also a stand naming deal ... :hmmm:

How much do you think it's worth? A million, 500k over how long,,3 years?

Best guess,,,300k over a 3 year period..

Keith_M

The stadium naming rights has been muted for a while so it's no surprise but staying in premiership would have had a premium....

The word you're looking for is mooted, not muted.

Muted means to stay silent, which most fans have been complaining about. At least they are telling us some of what is happening behind the scenes.

However, this is the first time I have heard anyone at Hibs say our aim is to actually WIN the Championship, which is much more significant than any of the details of those deals.

SMAXXA
Thought that said "club secures two major signings".

Had to read it twice:greengrin

They did....STAND Collymore and Martin SHIRTal :greengrin

Keith_M
06-06-2014, 08:37 AM

A long groan just echoed through the west end of Munich..........................

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-06-2014, 08:37 AM

Haha :greengrin

SMAXXA
06-06-2014, 08:38 AM
A long groan just echoed through the west end of Munich..........................

Is it still echoing? :wink:

Peevemor
06-06-2014, 08:41 AM
How much do you think it's worth? A million, 500k over how long,,3 years?

Best guess,,,300k over a 3 year period..

I've really no idea. For me a stand naming deal, even if we hadn't been relegated, is more likely to attract a local rather than a national company. The names of individual stands are rarely cited in the media and concern mainly the fans attending ER (other than people paying specific attention).

In saying that, it could well be something like Crabbies continuing their association in a scaled down way.

WHUHibs
06-06-2014, 08:41 AM

Muted means to stay silent, which most fans have been complaining about. At least they are telling us some of what is happening behind the scenes.

However, this is the first time I have heard anyone at Hibs say our aim is to actually WIN the Championship, which is much more significant than any of the details of those deals.

Slip of the keyboard but thank you Mr teacher!

Keith_M
06-06-2014, 08:42 AM
Slip of the keyboard but thank you Mr teacher!

You're weclome

:wink:

WHUHibs
06-06-2014, 08:43 AM
You're weclome

:wink:

:greengrin

Spike Mandela
06-06-2014, 08:44 AM
In saying that, it could well be something like Crabbies continuing their association in a scaled down way.

Could call it the Crabbit stand.

Brightside
06-06-2014, 08:47 AM
I sponsored Hanlon yesterday. I think that's what she's going to announce.

Keith_M
06-06-2014, 08:48 AM

That would be the West Stand then?

Keith_M
06-06-2014, 08:51 AM
Is it still echoing? :wink:

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

Peevemor
06-06-2014, 08:54 AM
Ja, Ja, Ja, Ja, Ja

Fixed that for you. :greengrin

marinello59
06-06-2014, 08:54 AM
The big thing in that for me is that we have been told that our aim is to win the league. Not to hope for a play off spot but to go for it. I could cheer.

SMAXXA
06-06-2014, 08:55 AM
Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

:aok:

Mr White
06-06-2014, 09:00 AM
Maybe the rainbow coms sponsorship of the south stand has come to an end and there's going to a new deal. I'd like to see dettol or flash announced as the new sponsor given the filthy crowds that stand will be hosting 4 times next season.

Keith_M
06-06-2014, 09:05 AM
Fixed that for you. :greengrin

Oui, Oui, Oui, Oui, Oui

:greengrin

JustSimplyHibs
06-06-2014, 09:14 AM
"Confirming the Club's aim to win the Championship and gain promotion back to the Premiership" and,"we need to win the league".

Leeann, thank you for telling us the targets for this season...

Get Petrie away and i'm sure you'll achieve it.

Kato
06-06-2014, 09:15 AM
I hear its apple as our shirt sponsor and microsoft for the stand. Makes sense if they are the american consortium.

Is it someone else's voice or one inside your head?

edwards
06-06-2014, 09:16 AM
The deal with Crabbies expired and a new shirt sponsor was always going to happen but like any contract it is tiered. Therefore remaining in the premiership would have meant a better deal and it will have been discounted due to championship.

Unsure if this would affect the final decision as there will be as much interest in our league as three of the biggest teams in the scottish league are in our division. The SPL was a one horse race since Rangers went down with Hibs and Hetz joining them it is now a formality.
Think there will be as much TV coverage in our league as the SPL and more interest.

Gatecrasher
06-06-2014, 09:24 AM
The big thing in that for me is that we have been told that our aim is to win the league. Not to hope for a play off spot but to go for it. I could cheer.
:agree: That's what I've been waiting for, now to put a good squad together.

jdships
06-06-2014, 09:29 AM

If you read the posts regularly on the forum you will note constant complaints re the club not keeping the fans updated with events/happenings
When the lady starts to do so we are getting complaints about lack of this that and the next thing
:confused:

Callum_62
06-06-2014, 09:32 AM
can either of them play keeper, defence, midfield or attack??

:devil:

le bill
06-06-2014, 09:34 AM

I Heard its being called the ................

"TESCO FINEST PRAWN COCKTAIL" STAND

Keith_M
06-06-2014, 09:35 AM

:agree:

The actual Sponsorship deals are not such a big deal, as that's the part that stood out to me as well.

I've been saying for ages that we need a winning mentality from the very top of the club, all the way down to the people that clean the boots. When we set our targets for the season, winning the Championship is what we should be aiming for. This should be stressed to everyone at every opportunity.

No more settling for second best.

Gerard
06-06-2014, 10:02 AM
This is good news let's have lots more:wink:

Weststandwanab
06-06-2014, 10:14 AM

To deter fans from attending the demonstration.

Sounds about right.

My aim is to have dinner with Kylie Minogue but realistically?

This is good news let's have lots more:wink:

I agree more go news required and we all know what that is.

emerald green
06-06-2014, 10:18 AM
Good news. Very positive so far from LD. Excellent. :top marks

Thecat23
06-06-2014, 10:20 AM
Clearly put out now to take some heat off the protest. As for the deal, it's great for Hibs and well done to the marketing team for getting much needed money in.

h185forever
06-06-2014, 10:24 AM
Clearly put out now to take some heat off the protest. As for the deal, it's great for Hibs and well done to the marketing team for getting much needed money in.

all we need is a team on the pitch now !........they could tell us we've signed six ....and we'll tell you soon who they are !...but i agree its good news at least

Brooster
06-06-2014, 10:30 AM
I hope these deals are the Best deals for the club :wink:

DAVE1875
06-06-2014, 10:35 AM

Does this mean our away kit is going to be red? :duck:

nribs
06-06-2014, 10:35 AM

Belhaven?

BT58
06-06-2014, 10:43 AM
Caledonian ???

Brooster
06-06-2014, 10:49 AM
Caledonian ???

I dont know, I just know that they were in the frame.

Heisenberg
06-06-2014, 10:49 AM
Calum?

Jones28
06-06-2014, 10:50 AM
Wonder who the new shirt sponser will be. Quite liked crabbies as they sold it behind the goals, £4.00 a bottle though.

Petrie!

Scotty-1875
06-06-2014, 10:54 AM
Does this mean our away kit is going to be red? :duck:

this took me longer to workout than I care to admit... :applause:

SaulGoodman
06-06-2014, 11:05 AM

Best Buy? Would go hand in hand with our new trillionaire American owners

SoL
06-06-2014, 11:27 AM
Perhaps Leeann nicked the "keep cigarettes away from the match" sign from Motherwell when she left.

JeMeSouviens
06-06-2014, 12:21 PM
On "Caledonia Best" ...

I dont know, I just know that they were in the frame.

Booooo, if so. Shameful strategy from Tennent Caledonian to try and force Belhaven out of the market with a copycat but inferior product. I hear rumours that TC have been playing hardball with pubs that don't take it, their lager deals get repriced etc.

The Leith Dutch
06-06-2014, 01:06 PM

Totally agree that this is the standout point.

I think what is really interesting is that because we've let so many players go then it should be completely and utterly clear whether this is a genuine statement of intent or not.

In short this is either utter rubbish designed to soft soap the supporters or we will be seeing some ambitious signings.

Here's to the latter
:flag:

greenlex
06-06-2014, 02:02 PM
The deals particularly for this season might nit be reduced at all. The footfall through the stadium is liable to be better than had we stayed up. TV coverage us liable to be equal too. I know we wouldn't be a premium partner but a skilled negotiator would get us a decent deal I reckon.The championship is where its at.

Bristolhibby
06-06-2014, 02:18 PM
On "Caledonia Best" ...

Booooo, if so. Shameful strategy from Tennent Caledonian to try and force Belhaven out of the market with a copycat but inferior product. I hear rumours that TC have been playing hardball with pubs that don't take it, their lager deals get repriced etc.

While I am firmly in the Belhaven category (my drink of choice when I come up), is what Tennants doing just standard business practice when going after market share?

Use your strengths to leverage a successful outcome for your shareholders?

Frankly I don't drink anything from Tennants as it's a load of pish water.

J

Peevemor
06-06-2014, 02:28 PM
While I am firmly in the Belhaven category (my drink of choice when I come up), is what Tennants doing just standard business practice when going after market share?

J

That reminds me of one time I was in a pub with one of my Fifer mates.

- A pint ae spishul please.
- Sorry we don't have special, we only have Belhaven best.
- Aye a'right, as lang as it tastes as pish as spishul!

JeMeSouviens
06-06-2014, 02:35 PM

J

tbh, they're both pretty bland but the Tennents one is even worse and at least Belhaven does make good beer as well as pish.

Anyway, I take your point but the rip off level is pretty blatant ...

http://refreshingbeer.blogspot.com/2011/11/wasted-opportunity.html

btw, "leverage" as a verb, seriously? I get enough of that synergistic pish at work without having it while I'm wasting time here. You'll have us at a strategic inflexion point next. :rolleyes:

CallumLaidlaw
06-06-2014, 02:46 PM
Someone on Facebook is hinting at Scotbet.

Peevemor
06-06-2014, 02:50 PM
Someone on Facebook is hinting at Scotbet.

Great message from a community club!

(((Fergus)))
06-06-2014, 03:01 PM

That should tie in perfectly with the customary antagonism between the two.

CallumLaidlaw
06-06-2014, 03:08 PM
Great message from a community club!

They already send out weekly tweets saying have a bet on the match with scotbet, and take part in the Hibs Lotto. Not much difference tbh.

Bristolhibby
06-06-2014, 03:10 PM
tbh, they're both pretty bland but the Tennents one is even worse and at least Belhaven does make good beer as well as pish.

Anyway, I take your point but the rip off level is pretty blatant ...

http://refreshingbeer.blogspot.com/2011/11/wasted-opportunity.html

btw, "leverage" as a verb, seriously? I get enough of that synergistic pish at work without having it while I'm wasting time here. You'll have us at a strategic inflexion point next. :rolleyes:

OK use their considerable supplier strength to affect an outcome that is favourable to them as a business.

Aka Kill all opposition and make drinkers drink your drink.

J

Heisenberg
06-06-2014, 03:11 PM
They already send out weekly tweets saying have a bet on the match with scotbet, and take part in the Hibs Lotto. Not much difference tbh.

Wouldn't be any worse than having the likes of Crabbies, Whyte & Mackay and Carlsberg etc.

Bristolhibby
06-06-2014, 03:12 PM
Who do we want? The Red Cross? Amnesty International?

Let's face it, business sponsor football teams to make more money.

J

CallumLaidlaw
06-06-2014, 03:37 PM
Wouldn't be any worse than having the likes of Crabbies, Whyte & Mackay and Carlsberg etc.

Agreed

Deansy
06-06-2014, 04:02 PM
Tbh, I'd rather hear 'Great News - McGivern, Nelson gone' !

Peevemor
06-06-2014, 04:35 PM

Let's face it, business sponsor football teams to make more money.

J

Agreed

I know - beggars can't be choosers and all that, however the official site doesn't make weekly invitations "go on, drink alcohol, you know you want to" like it does with the Scotbet stuff - something I'm not really comfortable with.

Callum_62
06-06-2014, 04:51 PM

J

:agree: Hibs class

everyone else - Not Hibs class.

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-06-2014, 05:02 PM

Agreed, what's all this cloak and dagger bull we always get from ER, pish poor PR to the fans as usual.

Bristolhibby
06-06-2014, 05:09 PM
Agreed, what's all this cloak and dagger bull we always get from ER, pish poor PR to the fans as usual.

I'm sure the sponsors would have a say in the launch. And they would want a "stable" platform to do that from. Not the backdrop of a massive protest.

J

AL-Qaholik
06-06-2014, 05:56 PM
Anybody else hearing ScotBet as new shirt sponsors?

Hibbyradge
06-06-2014, 06:05 PM
Scorpio Leisure I'm hearing. :agree:

Greenworld
06-06-2014, 06:05 PM

Need the new manager in place first :cb

Brightside
06-06-2014, 06:15 PM
Waiting for the strips hence the two week wait. People need to chill out. They are keeping us informed. Which is what people wanted. FFS.

southsider
06-06-2014, 06:41 PM
Doesn't Waugh jnr own that now ?

Green Reaper
06-06-2014, 07:55 PM

Starting a Blow Football team ?

scoopyboy
06-06-2014, 08:29 PM

I want to represent East Lothian Hibs at the sponsors night.:cb

scoopyboy
06-06-2014, 08:31 PM

Some kind of Best beer as per Brooster's post earlier, not Belhaven though.

Sells well in the west and company looking for better sales through here.

FranckSuzy
06-06-2014, 11:30 PM
Doesn't Waugh jnr own that now ?

AFAIK, he sold Morrisons Bookmakers to them a few years ago.

O'Rourke3
07-06-2014, 12:46 AM
Some kind of Best beer as per Brooster's post earlier, not Belhaven though.

Sells well in the west and company looking for better sales through here.

Buckfast isnae beer though but.....