PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts from an exile

Salisbury Hibby
06-06-2014, 01:51 AM
I, like many other supporters of Hibernian, have spent the last few weeks coming to terms with the performance over the last season, where that leaves us now and our future.

My feelings are that it is the players who have let the management, the fans and the club down. I'm really not interested in the faux outrage that Terry Butcher allegedly told James Collins he was gash or that Danny Haynes got some of the same too. As a fan I thought over the piece they were gash too.

Let's be honest. We're not running a kindergarten. These are fully grown men who train all week and have to perform for 90 minutes on the field of play at the weekend. As a team, they didn't and some individuals should hang their head in shame at their performance against Hamilton Academical who thoroughly deserved to take our place in the Premiership.

Relegation is strong medicine to take, but I'm confident that we will return stronger than ever before. The young players have got to resist the bright lights of Perth (and the homes of other ****tily supported clubs) and commit to Hibernian. We must get behind the management team - they've had the balls to empty the players who were never up to the fight to keep us in The Premiership. Why would they think they would have the desire to get us back there?

I'm going to keep on supporting the club.

Hibs 'til I die.

gorgie greens
06-06-2014, 06:23 AM
I, like many other supporters of Hibernian, have spent the last few weeks coming to terms with the performance over the last season, where that leaves us now and our future.

My feelings are that it is the players who have let the management, the fans and the club down. I'm really not interested in the faux outrage that Terry Butcher allegedly told James Collins he was gash or that Danny Haynes got some of the same too. As a fan I thought over the piece they were gash too.

Let's be honest. We're not running a kindergarten. These are fully grown men who train all week and have to perform for 90 minutes on the field of play at the weekend. As a team, they didn't and some individuals should hang their head in shame at their performance against Hamilton Academical who thoroughly deserved to take our place in the Premiership.

Relegation is strong medicine to take, but I'm confident that we will return stronger than ever before. The young players have got to resist the bright lights of Perth (and the homes of other ****tily supported clubs) and commit to Hibernian. We must get behind the management team - they've had the balls to empty the players who were never up to the fight to keep us in The Premiership. Why would they think they would have the desire to get us back there?

Hibs 'til I die.

Cant disagree with your post the club was rotting to the core and hopefully with LD taking a grip upstairs and now there can be no excuses from TB or his coaching staff,i knew when they were giving the job it was going to take time and i never thought that we would go down but we have and our play made sure of that.
My grandad was a Hibby,my dad a Hibby my sons are Hibbys and i will die a Hibby so get Rod out and get behind the team.

highland hibbee
06-06-2014, 08:25 AM

Hibs 'til I die.

Agree with you, if someone's gash at their job tell them, they can either man up, step up or **** off. Thankfully Terry has had the balls to tell them this. Would add , however, that its not the players fault they're not good enough, I'm sure if Fenlon, Calderwood, Hughes etc had offered you a contract to play for Hibs you'd have taken it, I'm 50 and definitely would have! Joking aside the players coming to the club have not been good enough and there is a lack of fitness, strength and character which we have witnessed for a long time at Hibs, something interestingly that they have in abundance at Butchers last two clubs! And nobody could accuse TB or MM of lacking any of those characteristics in their playing days. GGTTH

MrRobot
06-06-2014, 10:29 AM
TBH I dont blame Butcher. I dont think it would have mattered who the manager was, relegation was going tocome at some point. We as fans think we are too big a club to be relegated, and we should be, but this has finally proven we aren't.

Yes, we were higher in the league under Fenlon but IMO performances were getting worse. We have been on a steady decline for years now and Butcher has taken the brunt of it. I don't believe he tells them to play hoofball. In his first few games in charge, we were playing better football and playing it on the deck. All of a sudden, the players reverted back to Fenlon football and I believe it's because they took a dislike to Butcher. The players are not bigger than the club and hopefully the clear out will prove this.

Im all for giving Butcher time to implement his own ways. Now he is effectively starting again, he will be signing players who want to play for him, will be on trial so will be able to see what the training sessions are like and if they are willing to sign, hopefully shouldnt through a tantrum if it doesn't go their way.

That said, I think letting Thommo leave is a mistake.

spike220
06-06-2014, 12:16 PM
When Butcher joined I thought RP was on his last chance.

147lothian
10-06-2014, 12:29 AM
IMO petrie has been on his last chance for the past seven years, since Colins was undermined by the twat that petrie is, its taken a long time coming but I can't see the club moving forward until his negative influence is removed, the only person capable of negotiating with an absent owner who has no interest in football, no wonder a malaise set into the club, it has long since not belonged to the fans, who are treated with contempt, time for change, time for petrie to go!

Russ
10-06-2014, 01:28 AM
TBH I dont blame Butcher. I dont think it would have mattered who the manager was, relegation was going tocome at some point. We as fans think we are too big a club to be relegated, and we should be, but this has finally proven we aren't.

Yes, we were higher in the league under Fenlon but IMO performances were getting worse. We have been on a steady decline for years now and Butcher has taken the brunt of it. I don't believe he tells them to play hoofball. In his first few games in charge, we were playing better football and playing it on the deck. All of a sudden, the players reverted back to Fenlon football and I believe it's because they took a dislike to Butcher. The players are not bigger than the club and hopefully the clear out will prove this.

Im all for giving Butcher time to implement his own ways. Now he is effectively starting again, he will be signing players who want to play for him, will be on trial so will be able to see what the training sessions are like and if they are willing to sign, hopefully shouldnt through a tantrum if it doesn't go their way.

That said, I think letting Thommo leave is a mistake.

This thread has restored my faith in the Hibernian support, we must allow Butcher time, everything you and the previous posters have said I agree with, except the Katie part, he was a cancer at the club, he belittled Collins when he was manager and tried the same with Butcher. Our results never improved any when the great Katie was played, if only his heart was as big as his head he might have made a difference.

CB_NO3
10-06-2014, 01:47 AM
We were not really playing that well when Butcher took over. A lot of our goals came from set pieces and that was a worry IMO. Butcher defo lost the dressing room. I know for a fact he grabbed a player by the throat after a game around the Xmas period.

majorhibs
10-06-2014, 05:03 AM
Oh please! It was them bad players, not the manager. Get out of here! Inept buffoon at football management. Should have been emptied long long ago, but takes some of the heat of Petrie I guess. But how ANYONE can defend that shambles & relegation, saying it was not the guy running the teams fault, just defies logic IMO.

Salisbury Hibby
10-06-2014, 05:15 AM
I don't think anyone is 100% to blame or 100% blameless. But a large part of the blame must sit with the players. I must admit that over the last week I have been vacillating between whether Butcher should stay or go. I can see the argument both ways. But I think that however we may debate it, I'd be very surprised if he's not gone soon.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Lucius Apuleius
10-06-2014, 07:47 AM
We were not really playing that well when Butcher took over. A lot of our goals came from set pieces and that was a worry IMO. Butcher defo lost the dressing room. I know for a fact he grabbed a player by the throat after a game around the Xmas period.

Good, he should have nutted whoever it was as well.