PDA

View Full Version : American Consortium/Abramovich

Pages : [1] 2

itslegaltender
05-06-2014, 09:54 PM
American Consortium interested in Hibs? Never a great word "consortium", usually means no pot of gold for investment.

Mark Donaldson ‏@DonaldsonESPN (https://twitter.com/DonaldsonESPN) 3m (https://twitter.com/DonaldsonESPN/status/474669418547785730)
Thursday night gossip... Killie boss Allan Johnston keen on Gary Locke to be his assistant and an American consortium interested in Hibs...

AlbertK86
05-06-2014, 09:58 PM
Think this was mentioned earlier in week by somebody but seemed to be brushed aside

Think that hertz barsteward Donaldson is based in the states these days

Diclonius
05-06-2014, 10:00 PM
I'd be fine with this as long as they didn't rebrand us as the "Edinburgh Pandas" or some such tripe.

Especially seeing as I ****ing hate pandas.

Jones28
05-06-2014, 10:04 PM
Interesting to see how/if this will develop.

nribs
05-06-2014, 10:05 PM
American Consortium interested in Hibs? Never a great word "consortium", usually means no pot of gold for investment.

Mark Donaldson ‏@DonaldsonESPN (https://twitter.com/DonaldsonESPN) 3m (https://twitter.com/DonaldsonESPN/status/474669418547785730)
Thursday night gossip... Killie boss Allan Johnston keen on Gary Locke to be his assistant and an American consortium interested in Hibs...Mark Donaldson tweeted hearts wouldn't enter admin days before they entered admin.

Heisenberg
05-06-2014, 10:05 PM
His reply to someone suggesting he lifted it from here: @DonaldsonESPN: @bryce_coco Not been on there for years! I was chatting to the person they would want as their next boss...

nribs
05-06-2014, 10:08 PM
His reply to someone suggesting he lifted it from here: @DonaldsonESPN: @bryce_coco Not been on there for years! I was chatting to the person they would want as their next boss...

That will be coco Bryce of here then :)

TRC
05-06-2014, 10:12 PM
That will be coco Bryce of here then :)

Could be or someone that just loves the acid house

SlickShoes
05-06-2014, 10:19 PM
loady psh

nribs
05-06-2014, 10:19 PM
Could be or someone that just loves the acid house

Off topic a bit but great book/film Stanton is in one of the short films. The Granton Star Cause

TRC
05-06-2014, 10:31 PM
Off topic a bit but great book/film Stanton is in one of the short films. The Granton Star Cause

To be honest prefer it to trainspotting

Waxy
05-06-2014, 10:51 PM
And where will we be in 7 years time?
255 million in debt.

lord bunberry
05-06-2014, 10:53 PM
And where will we be in 7 years time?
255 million in debt.

That's the way to do things these days

hibsfan7
05-06-2014, 10:58 PM
I WOULD TAKE THAT IF WE WON THE SCOTTISH CUP

:tbgwa::tbgwa::tbgwa::tbgwa::tbgwa:

Waxy
05-06-2014, 11:01 PM
We dont need an American consortium.

Thecat23
05-06-2014, 11:02 PM
We dont need an American consortium.

What if they want to invest in the club and actually push us on to be the club we could potentially be with a bit of backing?

Kato
05-06-2014, 11:02 PM
Is this not just an example of bull bouncing around the net.

andrew70
05-06-2014, 11:05 PM
What if they want to invest in the club and actually push us on to be the club we could potentially be with a bit of backing?

This would be great however I find myself asking why would they choose Hibs? It would take significant backing from any investor to produce a team that gains promotion and then consistently challenges in the top 3 of the SPFL which is what we would need to do before the backers even realised any sort of return on their investment.

Thecat23
05-06-2014, 11:09 PM
This would be great however I find myself asking why would they choose Hibs? It would take significant backing from any investor to produce a team that gains promotion and then consistently challenges in the top 3 of the SPFL which is what we would need to do before the backers even realised any sort of return on their investment.

For the record I agree. STF would surely only sell to someone that would make sure it had the best interests of the club at heart. Like you say they wouldn't see any return unless we continually finish top three. Be great if this happened but it's a long shot to say the least.

TRC
05-06-2014, 11:11 PM
Dougray Scott or is Dario franchitti a hibee?

lord bunberry
05-06-2014, 11:12 PM
What if this consortium wanted to put up £20m a season but keep petrie on the board, that would be a right dilemma

Thecat23
05-06-2014, 11:14 PM
What if this consortium wanted to put up £20m a season but keep petrie on the board, that would be a right dilemma

Oooh now that would be a dilemma. I'd still want him gone :D

andrew70
05-06-2014, 11:15 PM

Football fans have always been incredibly fickle ;)

HibsMax
05-06-2014, 11:16 PM

I find myself asking why anyone would even invest in Scottish football at all, but let's say someone did. What team would they invest in? Some might consider Hibs as being a low-budget, fixer-upper that could pay off with less investment than, say, trying to get a foothold in an English league team. There's a lot less competition in Scotland so the level of investment required to take a team "somewhere" could be less. Not saying any of this is true, just my musings.

Cameron1875
05-06-2014, 11:17 PM
The boy Donaldson is living the dream. Great job at ESPN, living in great part of USA and paid handsomely.

Yet he is one of the most hibs obssessed people i've seen on twitter. An absolute weirdo and whatever he says about anything i'd take with a pinch of salt. One of my s****s has more class and creativity than him.

cabbageandribs1875
05-06-2014, 11:18 PM
Over there, over there
Send the word, send the word over there
That the Yanks are coming, the Yanks are coming
The drums are rum-tumming everywhere

auld yins will know that tune :)

1875STEVE
05-06-2014, 11:20 PM
I just asked him who the manager is, he wouldnt say, but said they have not been involved in scottish football before.

ScottB
05-06-2014, 11:24 PM
I find myself asking why anyone would even invest in Scottish football at all, but let's say someone did. What team would they invest in? Some might consider Hibs as being a low-budget, fixer-upper that could pay off with less investment than, say, trying to get a foothold in an English league team. There's a lot less competition in Scotland so the level of investment required to take a team "somewhere" could be less. Not saying any of this is true, just my musings.

I can't think of a single business reason. There's no money to be had in Scotland, out with the Old Firm anyway. I'm not sure the money required to turn Hibs into a Champions League side (the only tournament potentially open to us with lots of money on offer) would be achievable under the FFP regulations.

The only outside shot at investing Hibs returning a load of cash would be a merger of our leagues with England's, but that isn't happening.

Outside of an emotional investor, I'd be very suspicious of the motivations of any interested party.

HibsMax
05-06-2014, 11:30 PM
I can't think of a single business reason. There's no money to be had in Scotland, out with the Old Firm anyway. I'm not sure the money required to turn Hibs into a Champions League side (the only tournament potentially open to us with lots of money on offer) would be achievable under the FFP regulations.

The only outside shot at investing Hibs returning a load of cash would be a merger of our leagues with England's, but that isn't happening.

Outside of an emotional investor, I'd be very suspicious of the motivates of any interested party.

Right. There have to be better ways to make money so I would be hoping for someone who wants to invest but with no real expectation of making loads of money (so "invest" is the wrong word). Who knows though? Maybe there is someone out there with some spare millions and they want a football / soccer team.......just coz.

Donald Sterling anyone? ;)

SMAXXA
05-06-2014, 11:31 PM
There is no America consortium, well I'm sure there actually is but none that are interested in hibs. Let's not let this grow arms and legs

Hibeesmad
05-06-2014, 11:41 PM
An American consortium was interested in buying Dundee after they got relegated last year, not sure if the same people may be interested

SMAXXA
05-06-2014, 11:44 PM
An American consortium was interested in buying Dundee after they got relegated last year, not sure if the same people may be interested

A Lithuanian consortium was interested in Dundee United and Dunfermline

JustSimplyHibs
05-06-2014, 11:46 PM

Outside of an emotional investor, I'd be very suspicious of the motivates of any interested party.

There is money in Europe though and if a consortium invested 20+ million in to the squad they could rightfully restore Hibernian back into Europe. Of course if you invested 20+ million in to a Scottish team you could win the league and get into the European Cup as well as make the domestic game more appealing to TV... Who would want to buy a run of the mill EPL or, Championship side and invest hundreds of millions to get within a sniffing distance of Europe when you could spend a fraction of that money for a Scottish Institution and get into Europe and win leagues.

Took it as a joke a few weeks back from a good friend that Sir Tom, has spent the last six months going over the credentials of the people involved... But he must be on to something!

Rumor appears to be doing the rounds with American media companies

Hibeesmad
05-06-2014, 11:51 PM
I also heard that Edinburgh businessman Kevin Doyle was keen on a possible takeover? Probably a load of pish

Ozyhibby
05-06-2014, 11:58 PM
I've heard both these rumours as well recently.
Just have to wait and see.

Callum_62
05-06-2014, 11:59 PM
There is money in Europe though and if a consortium invested 20+ million in to the squad they could rightfully restore Hibernian back into Europe. Of course if you invested 20+ million in to a Scottish team you could win the league and get into the European Cup as well as make the domestic game more appealing to TV...

ummm - I doubt $20Mill would win us the league...and even less doubt that 20 mill would see us do much in Europe if some how we did oust Celtic and Rangers to the SPL title...

And rightfully restore?

:confused:

Id be very suspicious on the motives of an American consortium

Does tie in with the whole 'winds of change' line

lord bunberry
06-06-2014, 01:28 AM
Would Dempster have been brought in if the club was about to be sold?

southern hibby
06-06-2014, 03:07 AM
Imagine if they were to try and push Hibs to the Yank public. A bit like teams do with Japan and china. Lots of Yanks think they are Scottish or Irish. Here is a Scottish team with Irish roots.

Not actually a business person but the Yanks are gullible and if someone with the correct advertisement / business savoy could pull this of, then they could make some serious money.

GGTTH

I'm_cabbaged
06-06-2014, 04:34 AM
TBH I heard this last week with JC coming in as director of football. Maybe that's plan two or three after RP is booted? ⚽

bingo70
06-06-2014, 05:24 AM
When will we get more detail about this? The guy that has tweeted isn't a journo for a paper is he?

Don't really see the point in him leaking a snippet of info, why not give us the full whack?

Waxy
06-06-2014, 05:25 AM
What if this consortium wanted to put up £20m a season but keep petrie on the board, that would be a right dilemmaThen we would only be gathering at Easter road on Saturday to show our support for the club. What great supporters we are.

Prawn Sandwich
06-06-2014, 05:28 AM
The words "investor" and "Scottish Football" would not be used in the same sentence by an sane person. A rich Hibs supporting benefactor(s) would be the only person(s) that would be interested or desire to buy the club. If it washed it face financially, then that would be success.

bingo70
06-06-2014, 05:30 AM
The words "investor" and "Scottish Football" would not be used in the same sentence by an sane person. A rich Hibs supporting benefactor(s) would be the only person(s) that would be interested or desire to buy the club. If it washed it face financially, then that would be success.

I doubt farmer has lost money in his time with hibs so to suggest money can't be made isn't true.

Prawn Sandwich
06-06-2014, 05:36 AM
I doubt farmer has lost money in his time with hibs so to suggest money can't be made isn't true.

There are easier ways to make money. Unless East Mains is sitting on a gold mine? More like old coal mines. Sorry, it's just not a viable proposition for someone or people that hasn't got an emotional tie to Hibs. Only dubious Eastern European businessmen would take such a risk and we have don't have to look too far to see happens then.

TornadoHibby
06-06-2014, 05:47 AM

Suspect that Scottish football with limited gate & TV income as well as relatively poor sponsorship opportunities with the consequential relatively poor quality of player available to Scottish teams means that the financial rewards for investors are not as good as they might be for investing in an English club.

I wish it was different and that we could find a way of reaching the potential which a well supported successful Hibs team should be capable of achieving!

ScottB
06-06-2014, 05:51 AM

STF bought the club to 'save' it, and hasn't exactly poured money in since. People are talking about a consortium investing money to transform Hibs; the more you put in, the harder it will be to generate money out.

In the Premier League we get what, a million in TV money? Cardiff got £65million last year. Getting to the group stages of the champions league is only a few million to my knowledge, and probably the pinnacle of what we could achieve. It would cost way more than we could sustain on our crowds too.

bingo70
06-06-2014, 05:56 AM
Suspect that Scottish football with limited gate & TV income as well as relatively poor sponsorship opportunities with the consequential relatively poor quality of player available to Scottish teams means that the financial rewards for investors are not as good as they might be for investing in an English club.

I wish it was different and that we could find a way of reaching the potential which a well supported successful Hibs team should be capable of achieving!

In fairness though the cost it would to get involved in a Scottish club would be a fraction of what it costs to do so with an English club. If they were representing a business and effectively a big sponsorship deal I could see how it could work.

Would people be happier if there was a hibs minded person fronting it?

Geo_1875
06-06-2014, 06:04 AM
I doubt any amount of money invested in Hibs woulld be enough to guarantee winning the league. Not without a similar amount going towards the football authorities in Scotland, and however much a hitman charges to take out Craig Thomson.

s.a.m
06-06-2014, 06:07 AM
As said above, a wealthy, Hibs supporting benefactor would be good. Given that that's unlikely to be the way forward for us, then my choice would be whatever model enables us to be self-sustaining and managed locally by people who are interested in us as a club, and not just as a random soccer entity which ticks the boxes for easy and affordable takeover. I wouldn't want us to be taken over by foreign 'investors' who have a (probably misplaced) vision of us as a marketing opportunity, or as a way to dip their toes into the football end of sports club ownership. Or whatever it is that attracts non-fan investors to football, until they either get bored, turned off by fan ingratitude, or forced to face the reality that their are limited opportunities for glory or wealth in Scottish football.

As an aside, I thought it was the case that STF was opposed to selling to a consortium :dunno: It's possible that I'm talking rubbish, though.

gorgie greens
06-06-2014, 06:09 AM
In fairness though the cost it would to get involved in a Scottish club would be a fraction of what it costs to do so with an English club. If they were representing a business and effectively a big sponsorship deal I could see how it could work.

Would people be happier if there was a hibs minded person fronting it?

If it was Hibs minded people then i cant see why people would not want to back it,we may have a great stadium and state of the art training centre but the training centre is being run buy an absolute roaster and as for the stadium i would much rather have a team playing decent football up in the mix when the trophies are getting handed out than a club who cannot afford to put a decent team on the park.

bingo70
06-06-2014, 06:18 AM
Should point out I'm not suggesting I can see them pumping £20m into us so we can win the league.

I think it's feasible they could want a foot in the door of a British club, see that there's more potential than we're currently showing and with a cash injection up front and then run better club thereafter they could get a bit success.

We obviously don't know any detail yet but I'm happy to stay open minded and not rule them out as dodgy because they're foreign and not hibs fans.

Michael
06-06-2014, 06:22 AM
STF bought the club to 'save' it, and hasn't exactly poured money in since. People are talking about a consortium investing money to transform Hibs; the more you put in, the harder it will be to generate money out.

In the Premier League we get what, a million in TV money? Cardiff got £65million last year. Getting to the group stages of the champions league is only a few million to my knowledge, and probably the pinnacle of what we could achieve. It would cost way more than we could sustain on our crowds too.

Champions league group is 7 mil plus about 850k for a win and about 435k for a draw (off top of my head). In addition you would have 3 sell out home games plus improved sponsorship deals and merchandise sales. So, it is probably an extra 10m for us.

EDIT: well...for other teams... we aren't even top tier now!

degenerated
06-06-2014, 06:24 AM
I doubt any amount of money invested in Hibs woulld be enough to guarantee winning the league. Not without a similar amount going towards the football authorities in Scotland, and however much a hitman charges to take out Craig Thomson.

If it were a consortium from Chicago, Cincinnati or new York there may not be any charges 😁

tanfield
06-06-2014, 06:25 AM
loady psh

This

JustSimplyHibs
06-06-2014, 06:26 AM
ummm - I doubt $20Mill would win us the league...and even less doubt that 20 mill would see us do much in Europe if some how we did oust Celtic and Rangers to the SPL title...

And rightfully restore?

:confused:

Id be very suspicious on the motives of an American consortium

Does tie in with the whole 'winds of change' line

Serious?????

Of course 20 million would win you the league and when i say restore what i mean is that Hibernian was once a club that was in Europe near enough every season - at the time it would be wrong to think otherwise now, we accept being in Europe every once a decade... This acceptance by us is wrong and we need to raise our ambitions and expectations as a club playing in Scotland - i didnae suggest going all the way to the later stages!!!!

It would be easier to be owner of a club playing regular European football whilst in Scotland than in England, spending less as well. Through time, you never know you might see some profit from a wee dollar or two.

Aldo
06-06-2014, 06:31 AM
It's not about getting the money it's about how it's invested IMHO.

And for the record if it happens (I don't think it will) it happens.

TowerHibs
06-06-2014, 06:35 AM
Funny clutching at straws thread

Kaiser1962
06-06-2014, 06:35 AM

On the contrary, I suspect he will have lost a good few million.

Kaiser1962
06-06-2014, 06:42 AM
Serious?????

Of course 20 million would win you the league and when i say restore what i mean is that Hibernian was once a club that was in Europe near enough every season - at the time it would be wrong to think otherwise now, we accept being in Europe every once a decade... This acceptance by us is wrong and we need to raise our ambitions and expectations as a club playing in Scotland - i didnae suggest going all the way to the later stages!!!!

It would be easier to be owner of a club playing regular European football whilst in Scotland than in England, spending less as well. Through time, you never know you might see some profit from a wee dollar or two.

Celtic spend about £35m each season on wages and old Rangers were at about £30m before their demise.

JustSimplyHibs
06-06-2014, 06:46 AM
It's not about getting the money it's about how it's invested IMHO.

And for the record if it happens (I don't think it will) it happens.

Totally!!!

Think its a whole load ay bull myself however, when you look at the potenial of this great Scottish institution; a global fan base which over the last few years has remained steadfast in our backing whilst watching eye-bleeding football, coupled with infrastructure unrivaled in Scotland... I can see why investors should be interested...

Look at the other option in Edinburgh - them on the other side of the city :faf:

Callum_62
06-06-2014, 06:48 AM
Serious?????

Of course 20 million would win you the league

$20 mill

for a whole new squad...plus there inflated wages

10,000 per week is $500,000 per year

so 11 x that is about $5 mill done

$15 mill to buy a whole new squad that will breeze past Celtic and Rangers?

no chance

JustSimplyHibs
06-06-2014, 06:56 AM
Celtic spend about £35m each season on wages and old Rangers were at about £30m before their demise.

Aye and they're pish and anyway, they are two clubs that are more interested in competing with themselves than the rest of the country - hate them... When i win the Euros the night and buy the club next week, i'd expect to see league dominace within 4 years and the Scottish Cup in two...

I'll be very suprised is Selick can maintain that spending with only 20000 coming through the gate last season - it'll be even less this year with no Hibs in the league!

Dr Jimmy
06-06-2014, 07:02 AM

He probably has lost money over his time at Hibs, but a lot of that has gone into improving the value of his investment, through the infrastructure. farmer would recoup this and he would make sure he got it all back and more if he sold up.
Petrie would also be quids in, as his 10% will be worth a lot more now than when he got it. Despite relegation we now have actual assets with the ground and training centre.

Petrie GTF

Elephant Stone
06-06-2014, 07:04 AM
I'd be fine with this as long as they didn't rebrand us as the "Edinburgh Pandas" or some such tripe.

Aye, that's definitely the worst that could happen. :hilarious

JustSimplyHibs
06-06-2014, 07:04 AM
$20 mill

for a whole new squad...plus there inflated wages

10,000 per week is $500,000 per year

so 11 x that is about $5 mill done

$15 mill to buy a whole new squad that will breeze past Celtic and Rangers?

no chance

For a start you wouldn't need a whole new squad - 4 or, 5 decent players would do the trick probably in the Craig Gardiner mould/bracket the rest would be from local Scottish talent - for example Leigh Griffiths.

Selick and The Rangers are piss bud...

offshorehibby
06-06-2014, 07:08 AM
FFS, we're starting to sound like hearts 10 years ago on the back of an .net rumour.

bingo70
06-06-2014, 07:10 AM
FFS, we're starting to sound like hearts 10 years ago on the back of an .net rumour.

It's not a .net rumour, when it was a .net rumour it was dismissed as pish.

What's being discussed is a rumour from an Epsn journalist who says he's spoken to somebody involved.

If that's not worthy of discussing on a hibs message board I've no got a clue what is.

offshorehibby
06-06-2014, 07:14 AM

What's being discussed is a rumour from an Epsn journalist who says he's spoken to somebody involved.

If that's not worthy of discussing on a hibs message board I've no got a clue what is.

I'm just saying we've veered of and talking about winning leagues now.

Kato
06-06-2014, 07:19 AM

Given the ESPN Journalist is a prat I still thinks it's pish.

Steve20
06-06-2014, 07:19 AM
If people are going to make up rumours, they should at least make it realistic.

So far this week we've had Freddy Adu and Titus Bramble signing for Hibs and now an American consortium interested in Hibs. :crazy:

ManBearPig
06-06-2014, 07:20 AM
this really is the dream on thread or the 'wouldnt it be nice thread'

bingo70
06-06-2014, 07:22 AM
Given the ESPN Journalist is a prat I still thinks it's pish.

Don't know the guy from Adam but I don't believe journalists just rehash stories from fans websites without doing a bit digging themselves first of all.

JustSimplyHibs
06-06-2014, 07:22 AM
I'm just saying we've veered of and talking about winning leagues now.

All i can say is what i've been told about this...

Overseas investor is buying Hibs, Sir Tom has spent the last six months doing background checks on the consortium and is satisfied with the groups credentials and intentions. He is happy although health has played a role in his overall decision.

Kato
06-06-2014, 07:26 AM
Don't know the guy from Adam but I don't believe journalists just rehash stories from fans websites without doing a bit digging themselves first of all.

You live a sheltered life then.

bingo70
06-06-2014, 07:27 AM
You live a sheltered life then.

Ha ha cheers.

Have you seen how much pish gets posted on here? Why did he rehash this story and not the one about Freddie adu or Titus bramble?

robinp
06-06-2014, 07:28 AM
Dougray Scott or is Dario franchitti a hibee?

Celtic fan

Gustavo Fring
06-06-2014, 07:29 AM

Overseas investor is buying Hibs, Sir Tom has spent the last six months doing background checks on the consortium and is satisfied with the groups credentials and intentions. He is happy although health has played a role in his overall decision.

rumour has it that snoop dogg is interested in buying a scottish club

he's goin to bring his old pal suge knight over to help 'facilitate' the negotiations

big suge will be the conduit between the board and snoop dogg as well as handling player contract negotiations

Sioux
06-06-2014, 07:30 AM

You forgot this I think :tee hee:

AlbertK86
06-06-2014, 07:31 AM
It's not a .net rumour, when it was a .net rumour it was dismissed as pish. What's being discussed is a rumour from an Epsn journalist who says he's spoken to somebody involved. If that's not worthy of discussing on a hibs message board I've no got a clue what is.

An ESPN journo who is a dyed in the wool Jambo with a habit of nosing up Hibbies at every opportunity

Kaiser1962
06-06-2014, 07:33 AM
Aye and they're pish and anyway, they are two clubs that are more interested in competing with themselves than the rest of the country - hate them... When i win the Euros the night and buy the club next week, i'd expect to see league dominace within 4 years and the Scottish Cup in two...

I'll be very suprised is Selick can maintain that spending with only 20000 coming through the gate last season - it'll be even less this year with no Hibs in the league!

By the fifth year, at £20m per years, you'll be skint :greengrin

Kaiser1962
06-06-2014, 07:34 AM
[QUOTE=Max;4049793]He probably has lost money over his time at Hibs, but a lot of that has gone into improving the value of his investment, through the infrastructure. farmer would recoup this and he would make sure he got it all back and more if he sold up.
Petrie would also be quids in, as his 10% will be worth a lot more now than when he got it. Despite relegation we now have actual assets with the ground and training centre.

Not a hope in hell, IMO.

Keith_M
06-06-2014, 07:37 AM

Thursday night gossip... Killie boss Allan Johnston keen on Gary Locke to be his assistant and an American consortium interested in Hibs...

A Tweet by Mark Donaldson, from a rumour on hibs.net, which came from a rumour on Facebook, etc, etc, etc

Pretty Boy
06-06-2014, 07:39 AM
I just asked him who the manager is, he wouldnt say, but said they have not been involved in scottish football before.

Bruce Arena?

I've decided this is definitely happening.

We are going to spend millions we don't have, owe it to ourselves, win the Scottish Cup, sack Bruce and replace him with a shady character, hail him a hero, blow the league, win the Scottish Cup again, enter admin, a local businessman will bail us out and then hibs.net will pay off charities on our creditors list years late and claim it as a moral vicotory.

Then we can truly say we have arrived. Edinboro Green Sharpshooters (previously known as Hibernian FC) = BIG TEAM.

Kato
06-06-2014, 07:42 AM
Ha ha cheers.

:wink:

Have you seen how much pish gets posted on here?

Swimming in it.

Why did he rehash this story and not the one about Freddie adu or Titus bramble?

Not had time to bounce around yet?

An ESPN journo who is a dyed in the wool Jambo with a habit of nosing up Hibbies at every opportunity

AYe, makes you wonder, eh. The guy is a grade A trumpet.

I of course reserve the right to be delighted if it turns out to be true and will apologise unreservedly.

Keith_M
06-06-2014, 07:47 AM
I'd be willing to bet that this is the most quoted thread on Yakback today.

If nothing else, it's given them something to talk about.

offshorehibby
06-06-2014, 07:56 AM

I have no problem with that, it's just people getting carried away about £20 and winning leagues.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-06-2014, 07:57 AM
if someone with the correct advertisement / business savoy could pull this of

Perhaps they heard someone call us The Cabbage!

calumhibee1
06-06-2014, 08:00 AM
rumour has it that snoop dogg is interested in buying a scottish club

he's goin to bring his old pal suge knight over to help 'facilitate' the negotiations

big suge will be the conduit between the board and snoop dogg as well as handling player contract negotiations

:greengrin Suge can be our midfield enforcer.

jodjam
06-06-2014, 08:02 AM
I get the fact that the ba is burst with scottish footy but I can't work out why some on here think a US group would not invest in us. A Texan mob now control dundee. Maybe this one has legs. Maybe new ways to shoe live footy might generate income. Who knows?

Geo_1875
06-06-2014, 08:17 AM
:greengrin Suge can be our midfield enforcer.

Heard he's a bit shot-shy :)

TRC
06-06-2014, 08:44 AM
This is a complete guess and a wild hypothesis but one way I could see this happening is that with the referendum coming up shortly and new company laws no doubt being put in place could it be american companies that wish to stay in the country see this as a way of being in the infrastructure from the start, thus making it easier to handle negotiations? Just a thought and like I say a wild hypothesis.

JustSimplyHibs
06-06-2014, 09:08 AM
I have no problem with that, it's just people getting carried away about £20 and winning leagues.

Wonder what odds you would get on Hibs winning the Scottish Priemer league within the next five years... I'm sure at this moment in time with a wee £20 punt at the bookies would go along way to buying the club :agree:

Keith_M
06-06-2014, 09:17 AM
Is it true that this US Consortium are being lead by The Sopranos?

Knowing our cost-cutting ways, it's more likely to be The Three Tenners.

Phil D. Rolls
06-06-2014, 09:18 AM
Where can I buy a Texan hat?

PISTOL1875
06-06-2014, 09:24 AM
TBH I heard this last week with JC coming in as director of football. Maybe that's plan two or three after RP is booted? ⚽

JC is being touted for the assistant's jobs at Celtic with the guy Celtic are looking at.. He from Norway or Sweden ???

cabbageandribs1875
06-06-2014, 09:24 AM
club shop apparently getting some stock in early next week

http://www.warmhomecoolplanet.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/green_10gallon.jpg

Glorious St Pat
06-06-2014, 09:33 AM
Interesting the info I have is that there is a potential consortium in place but not American - Edinburgh, Scottish based.

nribs
06-06-2014, 09:36 AM

That's actually funny :) although can we not get it in bottle green?

Phil D. Rolls
06-06-2014, 09:39 AM

How does it looked after being kicked down the street?

s2hart
06-06-2014, 09:40 AM
Interesting the info I have is that there is a potential consortium in place but not American - Edinburgh, Scottish based.

Is it shoeless Bob and his imaginary American consortium!? :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
06-06-2014, 09:42 AM
Is it shoeless Bob and his imaginary American consortium!? :greengrin

No, they are Scandanavians who fell in love with (or Hearts, they were too drunk to remember) at Heriot Watt.

Callum_62
06-06-2014, 09:42 AM
Just been intouch with a few contacts in the press

It is American lead - big money involved too

Just been told whos leading it:

Phil D. Rolls
06-06-2014, 09:44 AM

Better snap him up before he starts looking at a team in Shelbyville.

WHUHibs
06-06-2014, 09:48 AM

Be careful, not sure if it's good to create such a rumour yet!

Peevemor
06-06-2014, 09:54 AM
Just caught RP coming out of a meeting with the consortium

http://www.tvacres.com/images/west2_mccloud_horse.jpg

nribs
06-06-2014, 09:54 AM
Be careful, not sure if it's good to create such a rumour yet!

Not sure if it was intentional or not bit have you not just added fuel to the fire? Or am I picking your comment up wrong?

Peevemor
06-06-2014, 09:55 AM
... unfortunately his legendary negotiating skills didn't work this time

http://cdn.madman.com.au/images/screenshots/screenshot_1_6874.jpg

Theinsider
06-06-2014, 10:06 AM
Not sure if it was intentional or not bit have you not just added fuel to the fire? Or am I picking your comment up wrong?

Thats what i took from it as well.

silverhibee
06-06-2014, 10:06 AM
On the contrary, I suspect he will have lost a good few million.

Could you possibly answer this for me, how much did it cost to build the FF stand, and did STF pay for that stand out of his own money or was it a loan to Hibs that we have paid back over the years.

Cheers.

WHUHibs
06-06-2014, 10:07 AM

Wasn't intentional,,,hindsight is a wonderful thing,,,

sambajustice
06-06-2014, 10:14 AM
I'd happily take some dodgy punter to launder money through Hibs and then spend a couple of years in the financial keech and 2nd tier, in return for 2 or 3 Scottish cups, a couple of interesting Euro campaigns and finishing 2nd in the league above Rangers.

Why not? Its not hurt "Them" all that much has it?

steakbake
06-06-2014, 10:17 AM
This smells like the famous "Norwegian Consortium" excitement that was going to rescue Hearts. I will remain totally skeptical until there's something credible.

Weststandwanab
06-06-2014, 10:21 AM
This is a complete guess and a wild hypothesis but one way I could see this happening is that with the referendum coming up shortly and new company laws no doubt being put in place could it be american companies that wish to stay in the country see this as a way of being in the infrastructure from the start, thus making it easier to handle negotiations? Just a thought and like I say a wild hypothesis.

That is not as daft as some people reading it will think it is IMO

No, they are Scandanavians who fell in love with (or Hearts, they were too drunk to remember) at Heriot Watt.

I was at the Watt with two of them and believe me the Jambos were never on their radar.

It is not that boy with the strap line "yes we can" is it ?

Captain Trips
06-06-2014, 10:24 AM
Petrie plays yet another blinder with deal and has already got in some stock from our new owner.

http://www.unitee.co.uk/img/p/5-41-large.jpg

cabbageandribs1875
06-06-2014, 10:25 AM
That's actually funny :) although can we not get it in bottle green?

that's just the prototype :greengrin

How does it looked after being kicked down the street?

these are the ones for kicking :cb

http://www.wildcowboy.com/images/JUNE_FS651_MAIN.gif

Caversham Green
06-06-2014, 10:28 AM
Could you possibly answer this for me, how much did it cost to build the FF stand, and did STF pay for that stand out of his own money or was it a loan to Hibs that we have paid back over the years.

Cheers.

The two end stands were built when ER was owned by the holding company for about £8m. The ground (excluding the car park) was then sold back to the club for £3.5m plus shares.

Until 2009 the holding company 'owed' £5m in preference shares to a STF company which I think had been finance for the stands, but those shares have now been sold back into the group for £1 - effectively writing them off. So ultimately it was STF companies that financed the building of most of the end stands.

Keith_M
06-06-2014, 10:32 AM
No mention yet of any potential owner having steered a submarine through the Baltic.

Only a matter of time now.....

Captain Trips
06-06-2014, 10:33 AM
No mention yet of any potential owner having steered a submarine through the Baltic.

No need we sunk faster than one. :wink:

Keith_M
06-06-2014, 10:34 AM
The two end stands were built when ER was owned by the holding company for about £8m. The ground (excluding the car park) was then sold back to the club for £3.5m plus shares.

Until 2009 the holding company 'owed' £5m in preference shares to a STF company which I think had been finance for the stands, but those shares have now been sold back into the group for £1 - effectively writing them off. So ultimately it was STF companies that financed the building of most of the end stands.

Hibs announced, and then had to retract, that they had spent 8M on the two end Stands.

A large part of the money actually came from the Football Trust.

Peevemor
06-06-2014, 10:41 AM
Hibs announced, and then had to retract, that they had spent 8M on the two end Stands.

IIRC there was a limit of £2m on the football trust money - whether Hibs got that much or not I've no idea.

silverhibee
06-06-2014, 10:45 AM

Cheers CG.

Phil D. Rolls
06-06-2014, 10:57 AM
This smells like the famous "Norwegian Consortium" excitement that was going to rescue Hearts. I will remain totally skeptical until there's something credible.

That bid has ceased to be, it is an ex bid.

We should check it out. We owe it to ourselves.

Caversham Green
06-06-2014, 11:25 AM

I've read that before, but couldn't see anything to substantiate it in the accounts I looked at - the arithmetic all points to the ultimate cost to the company being around the £8m. That's not to say it didn't happen, just that the stuff I looked at didn't show it and I CBA doing any further research. Petrie probably pocketed the difference.

Anyway, back to just a wee bit off-topic, there are strong rumours down here that there's a US consortium in for Reading FC as well. John Madejski and Reading seem to be having serious financial problems ATM, and if buyout doesn't happen soon they might well go the way of the yam.

The_Todd
06-06-2014, 11:29 AM
The only reason to buy a Scottish team is because compared to England they'd need to spend very little to reach the Champions League as they'd only be competing with Celtic who have long since stopped splashing the cash. Downside is it would only ever be the qualifiers unless the coefficient drastically got better so spending big then failing would be financial suicide. And as sure as night follows day a big investor would get bored of his new toy and let it go pop.

I don't see it happening.

Lester B
06-06-2014, 11:37 AM

That's ironic as pandas hate ****ing!

Haymaker
06-06-2014, 11:38 AM
We'll be renamed the Edinboro Hibernators...

Weststandwanab
06-06-2014, 12:01 PM
that's just the prototype :greengrin

these are the ones for kicking :cb

http://www.wildcowboy.com/images/JUNE_FS651_MAIN.gif

Brilliant !

The rule was that the Football Trust paid 50% of any rebuild, up to the 2M maximum amount. Hibs got the maximum.

My recollection (thought it WAS 20 years ago) was that the Stands didn't actually cost 8M and the Club had deliberately exagerrated the cost, leading to a retraction. That may or may not be right, so I'm going to have a dig and see what I can turn up............

All very interesting historical fact but is there a point to this ?

Keith_M
06-06-2014, 12:09 PM
I've read that before, but couldn't see anything to substantiate it in the accounts I looked at - the arithmetic all points to the ultimate cost to the company being around the £8m. That's not to say it didn't happen, just that the stuff I looked at didn't show it and I CBA doing any further research.

Are you sure? Even if the overall cost was £8M, that takes no account of the Football Trust money.

When the West Stand was built, the total cost was roughly £6M, around £1k per seat. If the FF and South HAD cost £8M, that would also work out at £1k per seat.

The West was a much more elaborate affair, with Offices, Reception, Changing Rooms, etc. There were also additional problems at the time that made the West more expensive than first thought, mainly due to lack of plans for the locations of sewers, electrical cables, etc. The FF and South were nowhere near as elaborate, so I have my doubts that they really cost so much.

Keith_M
06-06-2014, 12:11 PM
Brilliant !

All vey interesting historical fact but is there a point to this ?

I admit to the offence of going off track, your Honour. I was responding to a discussion initiated by a previous poster.

One could ask if there is any point to your continual multi-quoting, but I would not be so bold :wink:

SunshineOnLeith
06-06-2014, 12:27 PM
I've read that before, but couldn't see anything to substantiate it in the accounts I looked at - the arithmetic all points to the ultimate cost to the company being around the £8m. That's not to say it didn't happen, just that the stuff I looked at didn't show it and I CBA doing any further research. Petrie probably pocketed the difference.

Anyway, back to just a wee bit off-topic, there are strong rumours down here that there's a US consortium in for Reading FC as well. John Madejski and Reading seem to be having serious financial problems ATM, and if buyout doesn't happen soon they might well go the way of the yam.

There was contributions from the Football Trust to the East Stand as well, although I suppose it depends on what you consider a 'large amount' of the costs.

The income hits the P&L though whereas the costs of building the bricks and mortar etc are all on the balance sheet so if all you're looking at is the accounts you won't be able to identify them individually/compare them.

Peevemor
06-06-2014, 12:33 PM
There was contributions from the Football Trust to the East Stand as well, although I suppose it depends on what you consider a 'large amount' of the costs.

The income hits the P&L though whereas the costs of building the bricks and mortar etc are all on the balance sheet so if all you're looking at is the accounts you won't be able to identify them individually/compare them.

Are you sure? I thought that was all finished by the time we did the East.

Speedway
06-06-2014, 12:37 PM
Pamela Anderson is heading up the consortium. She claims that she wants to make a clean breast of things at ER.

Gerry Anderson will over see the board members as chairman and denies that they will simply be his puppets.

Seveno
06-06-2014, 12:39 PM
There is something going on. I know a local businessman, a Hibby, that received a call from the States asking if he wanted to invest.

SlickShoes
06-06-2014, 01:00 PM
There is something going on. I know a local businessman, a Hibby, that received a call from the States asking if he wanted to invest.

I get calls like that all the time, they also ask me about PPI and my Boiler.

Caversham Green
06-06-2014, 01:02 PM

Right, it all gets a bit technical here. From what I've seen in other clubs' accounts the grant goes into a deferred income account and is released to P&L in line with the depreciation policy, but in the case of Hibs/HFC I didn't see any such account, nor is there one in relation to the East Stand. It may be that it was wiped out either by the sale to the club or by a revaluation or Hibs use a different accounting policy, but I would expect that to be noted in the accounts.

Aldo
06-06-2014, 01:02 PM
I get calls like that all the time, they also ask me about PPI and my Boiler.

Aye so do aye... They ask me about my Boiler quite a lot but I tell them she's no in?? Eeekkk apologise for that I'll get ma coat!! ;-)

Weststandwanab
06-06-2014, 01:04 PM
I admit to the offence of going off track, your Honour. I was responding to a discussion initiated by a previous poster.

One could ask if there is any point to your continual multi-quoting, but I would not be so bold :wink:

I was not criticising just wondered if I was missing a point.

Ones frequently do, as you have just done, and as usual you can vote with your eyes

Sorry to MQ but at least that different from the normal calls from the states wanting you to invest in Disney !

Thecat23
06-06-2014, 01:18 PM
Aye so do aye... They ask me about my Boiler quite a lot but I tell them she's no in?? Eeekkk apologise for that I'll get ma coat!! ;-)

That's it, I'm logging off!!!! :D

Aldo
06-06-2014, 01:24 PM
That's it, I'm logging off!!!! :D

Aye you've been doing plenty of that the day have you no. ****ting like a dog and now logging off.... Really is it necessary?? ;-)

Thecat23
06-06-2014, 01:29 PM
Aye you've been doing plenty of that the day have you no. ****ting like a dog and now logging off.... Really is it necessary?? ;-)

;D you know it!!!

Aldo
06-06-2014, 01:32 PM
;D you know it!!!

:-)

Hibs History
06-06-2014, 01:40 PM

Funny you say that; I got an email from an African prince asking for my bank details.

Could be related?

HKhibby
06-06-2014, 01:45 PM
I WOULD TAKE THAT IF WE WON THE SCOTTISH CUP

:tbgwa::tbgwa::tbgwa::tbgwa::tbgwa:

rather win nothing if it meant tieing up with the yanks! They make a mess of everything business then try to rebrand it and call it soccer!!

southsider
06-06-2014, 01:46 PM
Funny you say that; I got an email from an African prince asking for my bank details.

Could be related?
I got that one too. Big pile of money needing to be "laundered" through my account. All i have to do i give them my bank details and will make enough money to buy Hibs. lol

HKhibby
06-06-2014, 01:50 PM

if the yanks were even allowed to touch Hibs i would never go back to ER again until they had gone....and i think you would find much of the same with the support! Everything the yanks touch is British Football usually ends in misery or probably a club being left in misery!

Seveno
06-06-2014, 01:56 PM
if the yanks were even allowed to touch Hibs i would never go back to ER again until they had gone....and i think you would find much of the same with the support! Everything the yanks touch is British Football usually ends in misery or probably a club being left in misery!

What if it was a Hibby who had gone off to the States, made a pile of money, and wanted to buy Hibs ?

AlbertK86
06-06-2014, 02:02 PM

Eh ? Puzzled

Man U - numerous league championships and champions league

Liverpool - just jumped from 7 to 2 and very unlucky to not win league

Not that it matters .... It ain't happening at Hibs ... Just a daft Jambo at the wind up

calumhibee1
06-06-2014, 02:04 PM

You wouldn't go back purely because they're American? If they done a good job at Hibs would you go back? :confused:

lord bunberry
06-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Unless you're a supporter or insane the only reason for buying a Scottish club is because you don't have the money to buy an English club, if money's an issue then football probably isn't the place to get involved.

HibsMax
06-06-2014, 02:08 PM
Imagine if they were to try and push Hibs to the Yank public. A bit like teams do with Japan and china. Lots of Yanks think they are Scottish or Irish. Here is a Scottish team with Irish roots.

Not actually a business person but the Yanks are gullible and if someone with the correct advertisement / business savoy could pull this of, then they could make some serious money.

GGTTH
It would take an incredibly massive effort to get the Americans interested in Scottish football. US football doesn't even figure that much. At the school / college level it has a decent following but at the professional level it has to compete with baseball, (American) football, basketball and hockey. When I first moved over here in 1998 it was possible for me to find Scottish games on TV sometimes or at bars. That's not the case for me any more (unless the places operate like speakeasys and I just don't know the password).

Dr Jimmy
06-06-2014, 02:11 PM
Unless you're a supporter or insane the only reason for buying a Scottish club is because you don't have the money to buy an English club, if money's an issue then football probably isn't the place to get involved.

Or you are Fergus McCann??

FRes Hibbie
06-06-2014, 02:14 PM
This thread has potential for the vault.

borstalboy
06-06-2014, 02:21 PM
No more prawn sandwiches......on to the peanut butter and jelly! Can't wait! :na na:

CraigHibee
06-06-2014, 02:27 PM
No more prawn sandwiches......on to the peanut butter and jelly! Can't wait! :na na:

and rodeo bulls for half time entertainment :wink:

HibbySpurs
06-06-2014, 02:52 PM

Strange statement..... If they club are bought by American's you wont go back:confused:

You dont even know who said Americans are yet.

Dont worry though as its almost certain to be a total load of single fish:cb

borstalboy
06-06-2014, 02:58 PM

Cheerleaders at the side of the park.....not just for half time entertainment!! :greengrin

Keith_M
06-06-2014, 03:17 PM
Cheerleaders at the side of the park.....not just for half time entertainment!! :greengrin

That's me sold!

C'mon the Yanks!

:thumbsup:

Dr Jimmy
06-06-2014, 03:29 PM

Was the East built with money from player sales then?

Brown £4.5M
Thompson £2M
Whittaker £2M
Fletcher £3M

I am not fishing here and I admit I am not good at finance, but some kind of clarifictaion from our finance experts would be good :aok:

Kaiser1962
06-06-2014, 03:56 PM

I thought he received £2.5m in cash and shares to the value of £3.5m?

Kaiser1962
06-06-2014, 04:06 PM

The only person that I am aware of that has made money from Scottish football. Cant think of anybody else but can think of lots that have tried and lost plenty.

Crazyhorse
06-06-2014, 05:13 PM

Cheerleaders Shirley!

Lmc2105
06-06-2014, 05:32 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2423261343/wxqghafqb5yw3uok2kaq_normal.jpegMark Donaldson @DonaldsonESPN (https://twitter.com/DonaldsonESPN) · 1h (https://twitter.com/DonaldsonESPN/status/474951386770468864)

Hibs - American consortium contains at least 1 Scottish based person. Still embryonic stage. Possible only if STF agrees to sell all shares.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-06-2014, 05:36 PM
Pamela Anderson is heading up the consortium. She claims that she wants to make a clean breast of things at ER.

Gerry Anderson will over see the board members as chairman and denies that they will simply be his puppets.

Thats just all a big front.

Stonewall
06-06-2014, 05:40 PM

And a lot of Celtic fans' hated him with a passion at the time but don't see it that way now.

Did the sensible thing. Did what he said he'd do: got them back on their feet financially, rebuilt the stadium before taking his cut and leaving.

If only Rodders had had as good a same sense of timing.

seanshow
06-06-2014, 05:45 PM
American Consortium

roar@MinceTsunami.co

Caversham Green
06-06-2014, 05:53 PM
Was the East built with money from player sales then?

Brown £4.5M
Thompson £2M
Whittaker £2M
Fletcher £3M

I am not fishing here and I admit I am not good at finance, but some kind of clarifictaion from our finance experts would be good :aok:

Sort of. The money from those transfers paid for East Mains, part of the East Stand (it cost £3.4m and extra finance was taken out for £1.8m) and, contrary to popular belief, transfer fees - Hibs paid £3.5m in transfer fees between 2005 and 2010.

I thought he received £2.5m in cash and shares to the value of £3.5m?

I was working from memory, but I think you're right. Very broadly I reckon STF is £8m+ out of pocket from owning Hibs.

Thats just all a big front.

I don't have any comment here, just having a go at the multi-quoting thing.

southsider
06-06-2014, 05:58 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2423261343/wxqghafqb5yw3uok2kaq_normal.jpegMark Donaldson @DonaldsonESPN (https://twitter.com/DonaldsonESPN) · 1h (https://twitter.com/DonaldsonESPN/status/474951386770468864)

Hibs - American consortium contains at least 1 Scottish based person. Still embryonic stage. Possible only if STF agrees to sell all shares.

Well my shares are NOT for sale at any price. Just like when ftb came calling. They will be left to my family when i am gone. Next summer it is 25 years since we defeated that fat (died) toss pot. We must really do something...... a party ? Music festival at ER ? Craig & Charlie ? Omg i could be on to something.

Weststandwanab
06-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Right, it all gets a bit technical here. From what I've seen in other clubs' accounts the grant goes into a deferred income account and is released to P&L in line with the depreciation policy, but in the case of Hibs/HFC I didn't see any such account, nor is there one in relation to the East Stand. It may be that it was wiped out either by the sale to the club or by a revaluation or Hibs use a different accounting policy, but I would expect that to be noted in the accounts.

You can do what you like with Grants received and depreciation charged, provided the polices to these are disclosed in the "full" accounts.

What if it was a Hibby who had gone off to the States, made a pile of money, and wanted to buy Hibs ?

In that instance he/she would not be a Yank !

If STF reuses no deal can be done.

Sort of. The money from those transfers paid for East Mains, part of the East Stand (it cost £3.4m and extra finance was taken out for £1.8m) and, contrary to popular belief, transfer fees - Hibs paid £3.5m in transfer fees between 2005 and 2010.

I was working from memory, but I think you're right. Very broadly I reckon STF is £8m+ out of pocket from owning Hibs.

I don't have any comment here, just having a go at the multi-quoting thing.

Careful with MQ you will get the "I cannot Multi...... " making comments.

NAE NOOKIE
06-06-2014, 10:01 PM
I heard that this consortium plan big things.

Get us out of the minors.

Top of the Premeer league in two seasons

Hire the winningest manage they can

Find out where Europe is and play there.

We are gonna be some ball cub http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Unseen work
06-06-2014, 10:26 PM
So is this a possibility or just another rumour along with Titus bramble and Freddie adu?

Turkish Green
06-06-2014, 11:56 PM
A linkup with Boston? Of course they already have the Celtics (sic).

beensaidbefore
07-06-2014, 02:57 AM
To be honest prefer it to trainspotting

Coco f****n Bryce ya c***. Top f****n Hibs boy!

Kaiser1962
07-06-2014, 06:57 AM

I would agree and as such is undeserving of some of the comments and criticisms that have been aimed at him recently.

Dr Jimmy
07-06-2014, 08:16 AM
Does anyone have an idea as to what it would cost to buy hibs from Farmer?

Golden Bear
07-06-2014, 08:19 AM

Congratulations on last night's win in the Euro Lottery. Now then , how much do you intend to bid?

Sir Tom.

Colr
07-06-2014, 08:26 AM

With David Beckham....playing!

The Baldmans Comb
07-06-2014, 08:40 AM
Complete Jambo pish but on a broader point investors dont invest in Scottish/English/Italian/French football to "make" money.

They invest to "launder" money as they know fine well no politician is going to take on either the football authorities or an individual club.

You dont have to look far as surely there are enough examples around by now.

Turkish Green
07-06-2014, 08:58 AM
Wow! Tailgate BBQs in the ER car park before games. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

The Falcon
07-06-2014, 09:11 AM

If it's cost him "£8m+" then that might be a good starting point although it is arguable if Hibs as a business are worth that. If not as a business then what are their assets worth as that is fundamentally what you would be buying that had any resale value.

Global Hibby
07-06-2014, 09:54 AM
If it's cost him "£8m+" then that might be a good starting point although it is arguable if Hibs as a business are worth that. If not as a business then what are their assets worth as that is fundamentally what you would be buying that had any resale value.

Football side token payment of £1.00 .......Asset side ... replacement value is on balance sheet but what rent does a football stadium make per match might be one valuation model but another might be the current bank debt and STF loan which is close to 9m. Another is based on the price Ibrox changed hands for. Training ground well if we produced talent to sell on, then that might be a good benchmark but previous seasons cost is not sustainable and needs to reduce.

So we have ....
option 1. replacement value
option 2. Buy to let model.
option 3. Bank and STF debt.
option 4. Accept a football stadium is not worth a lot just like Ibrox

--------
07-06-2014, 11:29 AM
For the record I agree. STF would surely only sell to someone that would make sure it had the best interests of the club at heart. Like you say they wouldn't see any return unless we continually finish top three. Be great if this happened but it's a long shot to say the least.

STF handed the club over to Petrie. And more than once given his chairmanship a ringing endorsement at AGMs.

Need I say more?

American consortia don't invest in serial losers. They expect a return on investment and all they'll get at ER is grief.

Steve-O
07-06-2014, 12:02 PM
Abramovich apparently interested according to Spanish article on Twitter?

Keith_M
07-06-2014, 12:02 PM
The first photos of the joint US/Scottish consortium have just been released.

Hibeesmad
07-06-2014, 12:11 PM
Abramovich apparently interested according to Spanish article on Twitter?

http://www.elmundo.es/deportes/2014/06/07/5392c451268e3e0a678b456f.html

Keith_M
07-06-2014, 12:21 PM

Could someone please translate the paragraph that mentions Hibs.

Going by my extremely limited Spanish, it seems to be saying that he already owns Hibs?!?!?!?

Pray4Marc
07-06-2014, 12:27 PM

Going by my extremely limited Spanish, it seems to be saying that he already owns Hibs?!?!?!?

I think it mentions the clubs he owns and potentially making an offer for our club. Seen as feeder club.

Wee Scottie Dug
07-06-2014, 12:31 PM

Using google translate it states that he is in talks to indirectly control Corinthians, hapoel and ourselves. Whilst he already indirectly controls CSKA and Vittesse ..........l:cb

ekhibee
07-06-2014, 12:39 PM
Eh ? Puzzled

Man U - numerous league championships and champions league

Liverpool - just jumped from 7 to 2 and very unlucky to not win league

Not that it matters .... It ain't happening at Hibs ... Just a daft Jambo at the wind up
Yep, Arsenal too. They are a very wealthy club too.

s.a.m
07-06-2014, 12:41 PM
I think it mentions the clubs he owns and potentially making an offer for our club. Seen as feeder club.

Would absolutely and vehemently be opposed to that.

sleeping giant
07-06-2014, 12:44 PM
:faf:
Abramovich :faf:

Hibiza
07-06-2014, 12:44 PM
Off topic a bit but great book/film Stanton is in one of the short films. The Granton Star Cause Boab Coyle. get him in as manager.

Winston Ingram
07-06-2014, 01:35 PM
According to this Spanish paper he's considering buying us.:confused:

We're no that lucky

A company linked to Russian tycoon Roman Abramovich, owner of Chelsea, has reached an agreement with the two directors representing a majority stake in Mallorca, Lorenzo Serra Ferrer and Biel Cerdà to keep 55% of the Balearic club from July 1, the date of expiry of the syndication agreement that Serra Ferrer has signed with another director, Pedro Terrace. The deal is contingent on the team now gets to remain in the Second Division.

The Israeli goalkeeper Dudu Aouate, which will start this afternoon in Cordoba in the last league match, will represent this group in Mallorca. Aouate will retire from professional football to devote to wear everyday club, something for which this season has prepared weekly in Madrid attending a course in sports management.

The Mallorca, thus become the first Spanish club orbiting under the cloak of Russian billionaire, whose fortune is estimated at 10.200 million. Besides Chelsea, Abramovich indirectly controls CSKA Moscow and Dutch Vitesse, whose largest shareholder is your partner Alexsandr Chigrinsky, and is in talks with Israeli Hapoel, Brazil's Corinthians and Scottish Hibernian. The relationship with Abramovich will result in the arrival of young players, owned by Chelsea, which would make filming in the Spanish League.

Serra Ferrer, who owns 45% of shares, which has invested about 2.5 million, so the assign of accoutrements, although a clause in the contract that will allow you to recover that money should be included that club again be sold in future. Lie therefore Biel Cerdà, which controls a pack of 6% between their actions and those of your child, you will receive a check for 2,900,000 euros which forces you to sell under the syndication agreement signed with Serra Ferrer, and which gives him the casting vote in case your criteria does not match that of your partner. Serra Ferrer and Biel are faced Cerdà and both maintain cross-claims courts of Barcelona. Cerdà requires payment of 12 million euros for violating the spirit of the syndication agreement while Serra sought annulment on the grounds that it is abusive.

Freed from the weight of their actions, Serra Ferrer accept one of the two deals we have on the table, the Greek AEK, which proposes again become coach and Betis, which gives complete autonomy to choose the position who wants to fill in the club. The intention was to continue the Spaniard in the team of his land, but the peculiarity of the syndication agreement has alienated him from any possibility of decision and he understood that these conditions can not continue.

Another very different scenario would open if the Mallorca today descend Segunda B, which would mean auténico economic and institutional chaos.

GGTTH07
07-06-2014, 01:35 PM
Thought to be interested in buying hibs. Strange!

Ozyhibby
07-06-2014, 01:38 PM
No thanks

ekhibee
that link isn't working for me.

West hamBERNIAN
Link no worky

Diclonius
07-06-2014, 01:39 PM
Maybe he has a secret American citizenship or something.

Chuck Rhoades
07-06-2014, 01:39 PM
Bull**** surely.

cabbageandribs1875
07-06-2014, 01:40 PM

it's all Double Dutch to me

el Corinthians brasileño y el Hibernianescocés

think it's just saying what every football puritan knows....we gave the game to the Brazilians :)

Ringothedog
07-06-2014, 01:41 PM
No thanks

Why not ?

macd123
07-06-2014, 01:41 PM
Yes please

Diclonius
07-06-2014, 01:44 PM
For the record, I'd be fully behind this. We already go through managers at the same rate as Chelsea and if we're challenging for the title and doing over Hearts 4 times a season, who the **** cares. :aok:

NadeAteMyLunch!

Jones28
Wow. That would be incredible.

madhatter
I can give him directions to where to go - they'd be simple to follow.

We want our club back, not for it to become a feeder club where Chelsea can pinch our decent youngsters for free and in return we get loans of Chelsea players (a team of 18-22s from them who are likely to be flops). That'll be the deal behind this rumour. Any ownership he is looking for is for these reasons. No other.

James.
07-06-2014, 01:45 PM
No thanks

Haha. Some folk will never be pleased.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-06-2014, 01:47 PM
Surely a wind up?

Makaveli
07-06-2014, 01:49 PM
Probably some total mistranslation related to the Hibs/Chelsea link-up from 2005 that never really came to anything.

Winston Ingram
07-06-2014, 01:49 PM
I can give him directions to where to go - they'd be simple to follow.

We want our club back, not for it to become a feeder club where Chelsea can pinch our decent youngsters for free and in return we get loans of Chelsea players (a team of 18-22s from them who are likely to be flops). That'll be the deal behind this rumour. Any ownership he is looking for is for these reasons. No other.

Really? Who have we produced that was good enough to get into Chelsea's first team?

Hibeesmad
07-06-2014, 01:55 PM
Vitesse get some really good players on loan from Chelsea. I would be delighted if this actually happened

Bronson
07-06-2014, 02:00 PM
Let me get this straight, Roman Abramovich is considering buying hibs?

madhatter
07-06-2014, 02:00 PM
Really? Who have we produced that was good enough to get into Chelsea's first team?

Not one. My stipulation is getting 2nd rate loans from Chelsea at a time where we're campaigning to get our club back and at a time where we keep hearing "we need people who know what it means to play for this club now". Kinda hypocritical in my books.

If he was to own 40%, and we, as fans owned 60% and he was going to invest 250million into the club to get the ball rolling then fair enough. Outside of Chelsea, how have his other clubs done?

nribs
07-06-2014, 02:03 PM
Probably some total mistranslation related to the Hibs/Chelsea link-up from 2005 that never really came to anything.
This has to be it surely.

NAE NOOKIE
07-06-2014, 02:04 PM
He has been good for Chelsea theres no denying that.

But I get a bit squeaky bummed when I hear "feeder club" ..... I want a new owner, but one to whom a successful Hibs is the be all and end all, not one who might bin us at the drop of a hat if we don't produce what he wants for his main interest I.E. Chelsea.

mackie77
07-06-2014, 02:06 PM
I've been told that the American consortium have had there first offer of 7.5 million knocked back from the club, they've been told to come back with a realistic offer.

Lucius Apuleius
07-06-2014, 02:06 PM
Not one. My stipulation is getting 2nd rate loans from Chelsea at a time where we're campaigning to get our club back and at a time where we keep hearing "we need people who know what it means to play for this club now". Kinda hypocritical in my books.

If he was to own 40%, and we, as fans owned 60% and he was going to invest 250million into the club to get the ball rolling then fair enough. Outside of Chelsea, how have his other clubs done?

Where would the fans fi nd tbeir 325 million from?

DC_Hibs
07-06-2014, 02:18 PM
getting 2nd rate loans from Chelsea

What? Do Chelsea have players that a Scottish championship club can think of as 2nd rate...............

Viva_Palmeiras
07-06-2014, 02:19 PM
Any Brasilian tie-up must be with Palmeiras not the merdas Gaviões.

stokesmessiah
07-06-2014, 02:23 PM
I've been told that the American consortium have had there first offer of 7.5 million knocked back from the club, they've been told to come back with a realistic offer.

By whom, Vladimir?

DaveF
07-06-2014, 02:23 PM
Close season madness gets better ever year :greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
07-06-2014, 02:28 PM
Are folk really taking the Abramovich rumour seriously enough to be outraged by it?

Scottie
07-06-2014, 02:28 PM

There's some utter bollocks being spouted on here of late. Never heard so much pony in all my life. :rolleyes:

madhatter
07-06-2014, 02:29 PM
Where would the fans fi nd tbeir 325 million from?

Don't understand this - this would suggest that the shares were bought for 575 million? I thought my point was Abramovich would buy 40% of the shares and Hibs fans would buy 60%. From then on, if Abramovich pumped money into the club like he does at Chelsea, say 250 million then fair enough. Otherwise, if he is going to get close to 100% ownership and just does whatever he wants, then, no, I'm not behind this.

jackh1875
07-06-2014, 02:30 PM
Don't want his money anyway. Killing the game imo #AMF

madhatter
07-06-2014, 02:32 PM
What? Do Chelsea have players that a Scottish championship club can think of as 2nd rate...............

We won't be a Scottish Championship team forever.

If we were to get Kakuta, Lalkovic, Feruz, Piazon, Thorgan Hazard type players then fair enough but I think players of that standard will get loaned out to Vitesse etc. We're likely to get some of the less talented ones. Maybe not, just a feeling I have.

Coco Bryce
07-06-2014, 02:33 PM
This Chelsea feeder club pish was spoke about years ago. Old news.

GreenLake
07-06-2014, 02:35 PM
A new cold war intensifies over Hibs

CropleyWasGod
07-06-2014, 02:35 PM
Don't understand this - this would suggest that the shares were bought for 575 million? I thought my point was Abramovich would buy 40% of the shares and Hibs fans would buy 60%. From then on, if Abramovich pumped money into the club like he does at Chelsea, say 250 million then fair enough. Otherwise, if he is going to get close to 100% ownership and just does whatever he wants, then, no, I'm not behind this.

Why on earth would someone as experienced in business as RA "pump" £250m into a business with a turnover of £10m where he isn't even the majority shareholder?

easty
07-06-2014, 02:39 PM
I had a good laugh when the Freddy Adu stuff was being talked about, but this is even better.

What will be next weeks rumour then? I'll go for Richard Branson is preparing to take us over, and has already planned to launch our new kit with Lewis Stevenson and Sammy Stanton modelling it live from space?

ArmadaleHibs
07-06-2014, 02:40 PM
Abramovich to buy hibs. Lmfao

I've heard it all now. Even worse is people are debating the possabity

Keith_M
07-06-2014, 02:41 PM

Are folk really taking the Abramovich rumour seriously enough to be outraged by it?

There's some utter bollocks being spouted on here of late. Never heard so much pony in all my life. :rolleyes:

:agree:

:faf:

madhatter
Why on earth would someone as experienced in business as RA "pump" £250m into a business with a turnover of £10m where he isn't even the majority shareholder?

Why would anybody shell out close to 1 billion pounds to win the Premier League down south? No sense or logic to any of this.

I was simply stating I'd be distraught if Abramovich had majority shareholding at the club. Some part of me thinks it'd be the last nail in the coffin. We're campaigning for our club back and dreaming about a big business man to invest. These two seem like counter arguments/positions and don't go together.

SaulGoodman
Don't want his money anyway. Killing the game imo #AMF

Back to Twitter.

NAE NOOKIE
07-06-2014, 02:43 PM

You would have to bring this consortium roond tae ma hoose with their passports, bank statements and a signed letter from Tom Farmer before I would believe that this isn't utter pish. :aok:

Keith_M
07-06-2014, 02:49 PM
You would have to bring this consortium roond tae ma hoose with their passports, bank statements and a signed letter from Tom Farmer before I would believe that this isn't utter pish. :aok:

No Passports, etc, but I already posted photos of the members of this joint US/Scottish Consortium on this thread.

See here (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?285208-American-Consortium-Abramovich&p=4051400&viewfull=1#post4051400)

CropleyWasGod
07-06-2014, 02:54 PM
Why would anybody shell out close to 1 billion pounds to win the Premier League down south? No sense or logic to any of this.

I was simply stating I'd be distraught if Abramovich had majority shareholding at the club. Some part of me thinks it'd be the last nail in the coffin. We're campaigning for our club back and dreaming about a big business man to invest. These two seem like counter arguments/positions and don't go together.

Sorry, I'm giggling at this thread, but it's passing the time whilst it pours down outside :)

RA is the de facto owner of Chelsea. He couldn't possibly invest the kind of money you're talking about in Hibs and NOT be the owner.

madhatter
07-06-2014, 02:59 PM
Sorry, I'm giggling at this thread, but it's passing the time whilst it pours down outside :)

RA is the de facto owner of Chelsea. He couldn't possibly invest the kind of money you're talking about in Hibs and NOT be the owner.

True but this is unlikely anyway. I'm just really saying I don't want him as owner. I'm happy for him (or someone else) to have partial ownership and invest some money, I merely put up 250million for a laugh. He'd not need to invest that anyway to challenge Celtic and Rangers. Not all at once. However, this is highly likely to be a lot of rubbish.

Aldo
07-06-2014, 03:00 PM

Prey tell where you heard this please!! Or more to the pint. Who told you??? £7.5 million really. What have you heard is the realistic figure STF is after??

Brightside
07-06-2014, 03:02 PM

Why are people just making ****ye up now. If you have 7.5m you could buy Hibs and buy a whole new team to play.

jackh1875
07-06-2014, 03:03 PM
Back to Twitter.

Lol troled

SaulGoodman
07-06-2014, 03:03 PM
Does this mean Hibs are worth less than Victor Wanyama?

Aldo
07-06-2014, 03:04 PM
Why are people just making ****ye up now. If you have 7.5m you could buy Hibs and buy a whole new team to play.

Indeed you could... Mmmmm. As you see if asked where this has come from... My money is on I can't reveal my source!!!

Btw... Spot on opening line. There are quite a few at it today?? Wonder why??

ekhibee
07-06-2014, 03:06 PM
I suppose the best thing about this, if it was true (and I don't for a minute think it is), would be the look on Yam faces.

CropleyWasGod
Indeed you could... Mmmmm. As you see if asked where this has come from... My money is on I can't reveal my source!!!

Btw... Spot on opening line. There are quite a few at it today?? Wonder why??

Meadows Festival is on.... which means it's raining, and folk are bored.

Phil D. Rolls
I suspect someone has a job lot of Russian hats and is trying to create a market for them.

SaulGoodman
07-06-2014, 03:07 PM
Lol troled

:yawn:

Aldo
Meadows Festival is on.... which means it's raining, and folk are bored.

I knew it was something CWG just couldn't put my finger on it??? Thanks for that .. ;-)

NAE NOOKIE
No Passports, etc, but I already posted photos of the members of this joint US/Scottish Consortium on this thread.

See here (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?285208-American-Consortium-Abramovich&p=4051400&viewfull=1#post4051400)

Made me laugh first time I saw it :greengrin

theonlywayisup
07-06-2014, 03:11 PM
I suppose the best thing about this, if it was true (and I don't for a minute think it is), would be the look on Yam faces.

Yeah. I'm sure they will be saying "why would you buy a second tier club in debt, when you can buy a second tier club not in debt".:rolleyes:

weonlywon6-2
07-06-2014, 03:13 PM

Just wondering,but why would americans want to buy into a scottish football team that has just been relegated ??
Makes no sense to me