PDA

View Full Version : Pat Stanton to attend rally

SneakersO'Toole
05-06-2014, 03:52 PM
http://sport.bt.com/sportfootball/football/scottishfootball/scottishpremierleague/stanton-to-attend-hibs-rally-S11363908684002

Good works here from a true Hibs legend and someone who genuinely has the best interests of the club at heart.

Golden Bear
05-06-2014, 03:56 PM
"A big mistake the people who run Hibs have made is to look on them (fans) purely as customers. They are not customers. A customer can go elsewhere. Fans can't as they are here for life."

:not worth :not worth :not worth

Onion
05-06-2014, 03:58 PM
God has spoken :not worth

Bobby's Cinema
05-06-2014, 03:58 PM
Well said Pat once again :top marks

Gustavo Fring
05-06-2014, 04:02 PM
good stuff sir stanton

im sure it wont be long until someone comes along and says its embarrasing for the club to have him there , or he's just in it for the publicity - sell a few pints or whatever

Keith_M
05-06-2014, 04:03 PM
The Protesters really need to have their voices heard by Dempster and anyone else present at the meeting. As there seems to be no formal agenda, could I suggest a repertoire of Hibs songs old and new might be in order?

Unless of course some enterprising attendee has already made up some suitable songs for Petrie...

:greengrin

trev the hat
05-06-2014, 04:20 PM
http://sport.bt.com/sportfootball/football/scottishfootball/scottishpremierleague/stanton-to-attend-hibs-rally-S11363908684002

Good works here from a true Hibs legend and someone who genuinely has the best interests of the club at heart.

Fantastic news & really looking forward to being part of this. :top marks

Pete
05-06-2014, 04:25 PM
The Protesters really need to have their voices heard by Dempster and anyone else present at the meeting. As there seems to be no formal agenda, could I suggest a repertoire of Hibs songs old and new might be in order?

Unless of course some enterprising attendee has already made up some suitable songs for Petrie...

:greengrin

Anything resembling the songs that were sung the last time there was a protest really will be embarrassing.

"Go home ya Hun" says more about the person singing it than Butcher and goes against everything this club now stands for. I really hope there is structure to this and things are kept civil as people can make their point without the nastiness.

Onceinawhile
05-06-2014, 04:34 PM
Surprised at that to be honest, he has a lot to lose e.g. hospitality at games etc... so he must feel it's a worthy cause.

Good on him.

NAE NOOKIE
05-06-2014, 04:40 PM
good stuff sir stanton

im sure it wont be long until someone comes along and says its embarrasing for the club to have him there , or he's just in it for the publicity - sell a few pints or whatever

This

AlbertK86
05-06-2014, 04:59 PM
Nice one Paddy

Hope this encourages even more along

GGTTH
Petrie Out

Hibrandenburg
05-06-2014, 05:03 PM
This is a HUGE step in the right direction.

Golden Bear
05-06-2014, 05:11 PM
Surprised at that to be honest, he has a lot to lose e.g. hospitality at games etc... so he must feel it's a worthy cause.

Good on him.

:agree:

The Quiet Man will have more inside knowledge than anyone else on the ER shenanigans both on and off the park, so I agree, his involvement has added much needed crediblity to Saturday's protest.

erin go bragh
05-06-2014, 05:11 PM
Pat Stanton would imho make a fantastic chairman . Loves the club and is held in the highest regard by us supporters .
Petrie out , Stanton in ! At the very least Pat should be involved in some capacity at the club ( not just the corporate side )

Ggtth

147lothian
05-06-2014, 05:18 PM
I'm delighted, the man is a true gentleman, it's funny how when the protests started, you had the usual I don't support petrie but im not going to protest brigade saying, this and that, with Pat there we are now mainstream, and have to be taken serious, rod ****ing petrie is not the only person capable of acting as conduit between the club and its absent owner, his time is over, he has to go for the benefit of the club

allezsauzee
05-06-2014, 05:25 PM
Pat Stanton would imho make a fantastic chairman . Loves the club and is held in the highest regard by us supporters .
Petrie out , Stanton in ! At the very least Pat should be involved in some capacity at the club ( not just the corporate side )

Ggtth

Chairman? the way things are going , I'd stick him in the midfield next season!

Cameron1875
05-06-2014, 05:27 PM
Wish I'd seen him play live. Legend doesn't do him justice, Hibs greatest of all time :flag:

Flanny boy
05-06-2014, 05:30 PM
God bless pat Stanton :flag:

clerriehibs
05-06-2014, 05:58 PM
"A big mistake the people who run Hibs have made is to look on them (fans) purely as customers. They are not customers. A customer can go elsewhere. Fans can't as they are here for life."

:not worth :not worth :not worth

Err I reckon he has that a bit muddled If we were fickle customers and treated as such by the club, we'd go elsewhere and the club would be pissed. Because we're fans and going nowhere, the club treat us as such, and don't really worry about us upping sticks, because we pretty much won't.

Ronniekirk
05-06-2014, 06:18 PM

Good on him.
He is a man of principle and has the best interests of the club at heart Will be interested to hear what he has to say If Pat thinks Petrie should move on people who were still undecided should come along to hear what a real Hibs legend thinks

Saorsa
05-06-2014, 06:22 PM

Good works here from a true Hibs legend and someone who genuinely has the best interests of the club at heart.well played Pat :top marks

I hope he disnae get too embarrassing though.

Gustavo Fring
05-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Err I reckon he has that a bit muddled If we were fickle customers and treated as such by the club, we'd go elsewhere and the club would be pissed. Because we're fans and going nowhere, the club treat us as such, and don't really worry about us upping sticks, because we pretty much won't.

theres plenty of hibs 'customers' i know that stopped going in the last 2 or 3 years

pretty much down to the die-hard hibbys at the moment and even some of them are being pushed to the limit

erskine-hibby
05-06-2014, 06:46 PM
theres plenty of hibs 'customers' i know that stopped going in the last 2 or 3 years

pretty much down to the die-hard hibbys at the moment and even some of them are being pushed to the limit

So the ones that don't go as often as they used to are not die hard hibbies then?

Stantons Angel
05-06-2014, 07:09 PM
good stuff sir stanton

im sure it wont be long until someone comes along and says its embarrassing for the club to have him there , or he's just in it for the publicity - sell a few pints or whatever

If anyone dare to say anything like that they deserve their heads knocked together!

Pat Stanton really epitomises every thing good about Hibs to think he would behave in such away makes me so angry!

the man lives and breathes Hibs and knows more about football thank Rod Petrie ever will!

When he speaks you know you are getting the truth and its from the heart too.

For those of you going to the rally please dont let your anger and emotions control you. Be dignified and dont let the club down.

You obviously feel strongly about what you are doing and you have a right to protest and want change but please dont let it get out of hand!

Listen to what GOD says and appreciate the man!

borstalboy
05-06-2014, 07:13 PM
His comments read very well. I especially like his comment about Paul Kane, as whatever you think about the man, he has Hibs best interests at heart!!

"Someone had to stand up. Paul has done it and he is doing a great job. He has never wavered in his support and passion for Hibs as a player and a fan."

:hibees

Saorsa
05-06-2014, 07:15 PM
His comments read very well. I especially like his comment about Paul Kane, as whatever you think about the man, he has Hibs best interests at heart!!

"Someone had to stand up. Paul has done it and he is doing a great job. He has never wavered in his support and passion for Hibs as a player and a fan."

:hibeesCannae be right, I read on here Kano was doing it tae big note himself and make money for his pub. :agree:

borstalboy
05-06-2014, 07:19 PM
Cannae be right, I read on here he was doing it tae big note himself and make money for his pub. :agree:

Oh aye, what was I thinking.....he's obviously in it for that to :wink:

edwards
05-06-2014, 07:27 PM

GOD BLESS PADDY STANTON

How many Ex Players will it take before the fans sit up and take notice Paddy Isn't the first.

Pat Stanton
Paul Kane.
Micky Weir
Peter Cormack
Jackie Macnamara
John Brownlee

And various others all in the tabloids complaining about the way the club has been run do you honestly think these legends haven't heard negative feedback out of ER FFS wake up and smell the coffee It's time for Petrie to go :agree:

PETRIE OUT

Sas_The_Hibby
05-06-2014, 07:33 PM
God has spoken :not worth

Don't let Franck Sauzée hear you calling him that! :wink:

Sas_The_Hibby
05-06-2014, 07:35 PM
Wish I'd seen him play live. Legend doesn't do him justice, Hibs greatest of all time :flag:

Having never known a Hibs team without Pat Stanton in it, it was pretty well the darkest day of my football life when he went to Celtic. Glad for him that he won some silverware there, though.

edwards
05-06-2014, 07:36 PM
[QUOTE=Sas_The_Hibby;4049448]Don't let Franck Sauzée hear you calling him that! :wink:[/QUOTE

Would it just no be great if Sauzee turned up the icing on the cake.

PETRIE OUT

Sas_The_Hibby
05-06-2014, 07:39 PM
[QUOTE=Sas_The_Hibby;4049448]Don't let Franck Sauzée hear you calling him that! :wink:[/QUOTE

Would it just no be great if Sauzee turned up the icing on the cake.

PETRIE OUT

How do you turn up icing on a cake? :wink::greengrin

silverhibee
05-06-2014, 07:47 PM
Cannae be right, I read on here Kano was doing it tae big note himself and make money for his pub. :agree:

That Kano guy isnae daft, he knows Pat will bring the punters to his pub after the protest, ££££ is what Kano will be really thinking and stuff the club he played for and supported most of his life.

Good to see Pat Stanton on Saturday.

The Green Goblin
05-06-2014, 07:52 PM

Stanton: God
Sauzee: Le God

Some fans have one God. We have two. :greengrin

Stantons Angel
05-06-2014, 10:19 PM

Im sure even Franck would bow to him, STANTON is thee GOD and Sauzee the only man capable of wearing that no 4 jersey after him.

WHUHibs
05-06-2014, 10:53 PM
GOD BLESS PADDY STANTON

How many Ex Players will it take before the fans sit up and take notice Paddy Isn't the first.

Pat Stanton
Paul Kane.
Micky Weir
Peter Cormack
Jackie Macnamara
John Brownlee

And various others all in the tabloids complaining about the way the club has been run do you honestly think these legends haven't heard negative feedback out of ER FFS wake up and smell the coffee It's time for Petrie to go :agree:

PETRIE OUT

I think you will find that Keith Wright will also attend!

The basis of the growing momentum will be ex players standing shoulder and shoulder with Paul. Unfortunately Gordon Rae is in holiday but I'm sure he will make his presence felt!

The group of players being formed as part of this group is no longer one ex player,,,you will also see Gordon Hunter then the group is almost complete!

Stage 2/3 whatever it is will be unveiled soon I'm sure but the growing support from ex players is significant.

The next step will be looking for a change in ownership and before anyone shouts there is nobody then perhaps a consideration is multiple ownership by a group of fans? This however will be down to what STF wants for his stake! I am convinced fan power can exert change and STF who bought the club as a community project won't want all the pressure and publicity if it continues.

Interesting time methinks :-)

Gustavo Fring
05-06-2014, 11:11 PM
Stanton: God
Sauzee: Le God

Some fans have one God. We have two. :greengrin

we have another 5 aswell

California-Hibs
05-06-2014, 11:50 PM
Even more reason that folk should be there attending on Saturday standing shoulder to shoulder with a Hibs legend!

Cameron1875
06-06-2014, 12:43 AM
Anyone else quite excited about Saturday. It will be nice to see the Hibernian spirit out in force, everyone wanting the same thing. The atmosphere generated at games like Killie away in cup under Fenlon and a Derby this season was fantastic.

Regardless of what the media say, we have incredible fans.
If nothing is done this club is staring into the abyss and could easy end up like Dunfermline.

Be quite emotional seeing all the ex players united.

GGTTH

Macaroon
06-06-2014, 07:06 AM
Cannae be right, I read on here Kano was doing it tae big note himself and make money for his pub. :agree:

Whats Kano's pub?

Pretty Boy
06-06-2014, 07:42 AM
Whats Kano's pub?

The Tor and the Four In Hand.

Now to go collect my commision from Kano. Guys a marketing genius, a whole campaign to oust a football chairman is a great way to advertise.

AlbertK86
06-06-2014, 07:56 AM
GOD BLESS PADDY STANTON How many Ex Players will it take before the fans sit up and take notice Paddy Isn't the first. Pat Stanton Paul Kane. Micky Weir Peter Cormack Jackie Macnamara John Brownlee And various others all in the tabloids complaining about the way the club has been run do you honestly think these legends haven't heard negative feedback out of ER FFS wake up and smell the coffee It's time for Petrie to go :agree: PETRIE OUT

John Brownlie is part of TBs scouting team

Might be emptied by KING ROD if he turns up to protest

southsider
06-06-2014, 08:15 AM
This seems to be getting pretty well orginised. Police have been informed and they have given go ahead (at least not stopped it). Speakers from an open top bus to address which i hope will be a large crowd. Any fans thinking they will not go as it might be just a rable then think again. We need numbers, as many as possible. Come on people, we need OUR club back. PETRIE OUT.

Juice-Terry
06-06-2014, 09:57 AM
This seems to be getting pretty well orginised. Police have been informed and they have given go ahead (at least not stopped it). Speakers from an open top bus to address which i hope will be a large crowd. Any fans thinking they will not go as it might be just a rable then think again. We need numbers, as many as possible. Come on people, we need OUR club back. PETRIE OUT.

:agree::thumbsup::flag:

Lester B
06-06-2014, 11:32 AM
The only decent thing that happened to me the day of the Hamilton game was bumping into a couple of older guys who went with us to the Cup Final last year after the match, chatting to them and then God coming across for a word as he knows the guys.

Only met Pat a couple of times but he is always an absolute gentleman. He spoke clearly and calmly about what was going on both on and off the pitch but his passion for the club, what it means and what it should be, always comes through.

One of our group at the game was at his first game. He's a lifelong Gunners fan but since moving up here he's started taking an interest in Hibs and he will be at ER next season. Took him aside at one point in the chat and asked if he knew who this soft spoken, intelligent guy we were chatting (and as ever with PS he includes everyone when chatting) to was. He said 'an ex-player?' :rolleyes: He knows better now!!

oneone73
06-06-2014, 11:37 AM

An open top bus at Easter Road *Sighs*

Let's hope we see another one (or two) in the next year

trev the hat
06-06-2014, 12:32 PM
Jackie McNamara Snr can't argue against the big man

http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/mcnamara-urges-petrie-to-do-honourable-thing-1-3435501

Baldy Foghorn
06-06-2014, 03:22 PM

http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/mcnamara-urges-petrie-to-do-honourable-thing-1-3435501

Spot on from Jackie Snr

Pete
06-06-2014, 03:27 PM

The big guns are having their say and the pressure is definitely mounting.

Love his comment just before the picture.

Hibrandenburg
06-06-2014, 05:20 PM

Excellent interview, gives me hope that there will be more than just a mob at ER tomorrow.

Who's starting the Match Day thread?

:duck:

TornadoHibby
07-06-2014, 06:05 AM

Great stuff from one of the best players I've had the privilege of watching play for Hibs! :agree:

He hits the nail squarely on the head in this article and it really is amazing that the Club management haven't recognised and dealt with the Petrie and Butcher (and his two mates) situations yet! :rolleyes:

Hopefully the new CEO will take all of this by the scruff of the neck and clear it from under her feet allowing a successful recovery of Hibs as a football playing team to commence immediately! :agree:

In business, if there are "life threatening" problems affecting prospects for success, prompt action to remove these risks or issues is fundamental to recovery and success! :agree:

Any delay in taking the necessary actions to deal effectively with the problems usually results in more damage arising!